PDA

View Full Version : have a look at new watch!!!!

goodcomplanboy
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
A watch with a built in USB storage hard drive and USB cable.This is one watch that's more than just another pretty face.

In today's fast paced computing world it's important to have the ability to take files to and from the office. We all do work at home. Now, transferring those files is easier than ever. Just upload files onto your watch by plugging the built in USB cable directly into your computer. Then all you have to do is wear your watch into work and plug it into your office computer.

http://www.geetham.net/photoshow/logo.php?picturename=albums/userpics/21433/normal_usbwatch1.jpg

http://www.geetham.net/photoshow/logo.php?picturename=albums/userpics/21433/normal_usbwatch2.jpg

Shy
07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Wow... flash drive poi eppo watchae vanthaachaa :D

innum few yearsla.. no more USB connection.. wirelessa yaetha discover panuvaanga i guess :b:

Good one GCB :)

Shy

yogesh220
07-08-2004, 01:47 PM
adanga maatraangappaaa....good news GCB...Shy be updated...entha kaalathula irukkeenga neenga....wireless transfer of files eppovoo vandhachu....check out http://www.mini-pda.com/en/wireless-pc.html

:lol:

unique
07-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Kalakaraanga pudusu pudusa kandu pidichu.........

goodcomplanboy
07-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Shy wireless vidunga, there is a research for uploading/downloading files to a chip without any physical interface. Will update with the news pretty soon.

Shy
07-08-2004, 04:49 PM
yogi .. acho wireless transfer theriyum pa, but i was expecting wireless transfer in something like this, i mean watchla file transfer panalaamnu kandupudikaravanga can also reasearch something like with no wires right, athai sonaen ;)

GCB, Wow, thats amazing news !! seekaram podungo :)

shy

Priyam2004
07-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Hmmm....GCB...USB watch seems great...aanaa, aanaa.....athu gents watch mathuri irruku....ladies'ku USB watch illaiyaa??? :Ksp: :(

RaasuKutty
07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Hmmm....GCB...USB watch seems great...aanaa, aanaa.....athu gents watch mathuri irruku....ladies'ku USB watch illaiyaa???

probably they might have thought that men alone were intelligent enough to use some hi-tech gadgets... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adikka varaatheenga.. neways, it looks more like a sports watch.... nothing more...

vasan
07-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Oi.. Priyam.. You are still in the 18th century.. These days, there ain't no such thing as mens and womens watches... All unisex, or metrosexual or whatever..

Plenty of watches for both men and women in all sizes and shapes.. :P

Priyam2004
07-08-2004, 09:45 PM
RK...hmmm........:nono: ithukku naa bathil solla matten...!!!! :P :P :P Ungalae naa adikavum matten :D :D :D

Priyam2004
07-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Oooh....naanga 18th century'aa Vasan, aamaa aamaa....yean solla mattinga...hmm :snooty:

Naa nenechen...there are separate watches for gents and ladies :doh:....appadi illaiyaa??? :Ksp: Appo na Vasan ennaku oru santhegam :think: "Why in these shops are there watches separated by gender?" :P

Even branded watches are the same...like the below images ->

Gents watches ->
http://www.finestwatches.co.uk/closerimages/rolex6.jpg http://www.finestwatches.co.uk/closerimages/rolex14.jpg

Ladies watches ->
http://www.finestwatches.co.uk/closerimages/gucci19.jpg http://www.sell.be/classifieds/XcCPUserImages/Gucci%20Ladies'%20Diamond%20Wa tch.jpg

See...bigger dial for men...smaller dial for women (they do bracelet styles for women too). Maathi kattikitta nalla irrukumaaa??? ;) Neengalae sollungo :P

vasan
07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
innum gucci, hmt appadinnu paarthukittu irungaaa...

Go to swatch, and be modern... :P :P (swatch also has both sizes, but there are plenty of watches for women that have large dial.. !!)

Vasan

ferny
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Watchla USB? Kewl! I have a watch with a calculator and I thought I was cool. I guess I need to get this USB...hmm....doesn't look too big, it could pass off as a women's watch.

GCB how much are you selling it for? :wink: I'll take one! :ee:

vasan
07-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Yo Ferny...

Intha priyam-kku, unga watch size ennanu sollunga... Ladies watchnaa sundu-viraal size-kku thaan irukkum appadinnu solluraanga... :P :P BTW, watch-la ethukku calculator? Bus pudikka evalo neramnnu, mins, hours, seconds, pico seconds appadinnu calculate pannavaa... :ahha: :P :P :P

vasan

vennai1
07-08-2004, 10:39 PM
hey goodcomplanboy,

nice watch. you get 128MB of memory for $69.99 is it worth that much ??!
may be if it is around $30-40 I cud think of getting one :P

ferny
07-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Vasan, enna ethukku vambulla illukkuringa? I have two watches: one watch that is approx 2cm in diameter that I wear to work and special occasions, I have another watch that is probably 3cm in diameter that I wear on the way to work and for sports. :ee: answer eppadi ?

Oh vasan, calculator evvlavu useful-nu ungalluku theriyathu. While you are on the bus you can calculate if you will be on time to work or not given the speed the bus is going at. Then you will have enough time to think up a good excuse for your boss if you need to. :ee:

you get 128MB of memory for $69.99

wow that is a good amount of memory. Vennai don't you think $70 is okay to pay if you can carry around all your top-secret stuff on your wrist?

I'm sold!!! Now where do I get one of those?

Priyam2004
07-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Aiyoooo....enna Ferny...ippadi same side goal pottinga :doh:....kavuthutinga ponga :(

Gents watch...it's tooooooo big and heavy, I can never wear my appa's watches....I won't be able to do anything wearing that...it'll drag me down :Ksp:

Swatch? :? Modern...well yeah if you like that kind of look...I guess it's ok! It's not my style, I'm a silver watch fan! ;)

Shy
07-08-2004, 10:49 PM
$69 normal day vic.. but if its a long weekend like thanksgiving or any other sale, we can get it for less than $50 ;)

Shy

vennai1
07-08-2004, 10:55 PM
$69 normal day vic.. but if its a long weekend like thanksgiving or any other sale, we can get it for less than $50

Shy

Jsi,
ok i will wait till november, but still get me one for $30 ! :P
anything more than that, you can keep the watch and i will keep my $30 to myself :P

gokulan42
07-08-2004, 11:31 PM
USB keychain storage came long back, isn't it?????? what is a speciality here?

however the watch looks nice :)

vennai1
07-08-2004, 11:39 PM
USB keychain storage came long back, isn't it?????? what is a speciality here?

i guess the speciality is the product is a combination of two nifty things ! :)
being a watch chances of you losing it is also a bit low ! :)

gokul, enna romba busy-a neengal? paarka iyala villaiye? :think:

anainar
07-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Ferny,

Calculator in a watch? That too you get to use it? The keys will be so small that you need a pencil to operate. By the time you get a pencil, type in the numbers, you will be in the office. :wink: The excuse would be to tell the boss, " I was calculating my IRS tax due yesterday night in the calculator and over slept". :sm12: :sm12:

What would you want to carry in a watch USB anyway? Your bank account/passwords? Why should it go in watch? Does not look appealing to me. I can stand a USB key chain, but not a watch. The wire looks totally out of place.

Cheers

gokulan42
07-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Koncham busy lately (not as much as a month back or so). Also, one of my friend got married ;) how is your new life?

good to know you find some time to spend with us.... I already congratulated you on this. But, I will do it again, Congrats!!!!

vennai1
07-09-2004, 12:28 AM
What would you want to carry in a watch USB anyway? Your bank account/passwords? Why should it go in watch? Does not look appealing to me. I can stand a USB key chain, but not a watch. The wire looks totally out of place.

iyanaar anne,
as jsi says probably you mite b interested once a wireless usb watch comes out ;)
well lets see how long that one takes :P

gokul,
you are full of fun, so please keep visting us whenever you find time ;)
yes, thanks a ton for your wishes. marriage is sure fun ;)
may be I'll ask you for some tips soon. !

gokulan42
07-09-2004, 12:35 AM

Cheers

:P :P

guru, you can carry any important document (even a resume).

vennai1
07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
guru, you can carry any important document (even a resume).

exactly gokul ! :clap:
and meybe apply for a job on the fly ! ;)
but many of these usb devices die off when i plug them in a mac ! :(
so gotta get back on my win xp to use these :?

gokulan42
07-09-2004, 12:52 AM
or you can carry your loved ones' digital photos (if you dont want to put it in the net)

ferny
07-09-2004, 01:55 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: haha anainar vaai vettu serichen :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

The excuse would be to tell the boss, " I was calculating my IRS tax due yesterday night in the calculator and over slept".

The watch is a little bigger than normal watches but yeah...the keys are pretty small. Its handy sometimes and plus it feels like a james bond gadget :wink:

bharanishan
07-09-2004, 06:46 AM
wow nalla kandu pidippu.......