PDA

View Full Version : 7 reasons men cheat

Shy
08-04-2004, 07:43 PM
There are numerous reasons why men may endanger a relationship by cheating — if you catch a guy in a confessional mood here are a few you may hear:

1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

Shy

gokulan42
08-04-2004, 07:51 PM
how about sexual harassment and for the family ;)

Shy
08-04-2004, 07:55 PM
what do u mean by family.. So When u started being with that girl, appo unga family pathi thinking varalaiyaa.. is she killukeerai for u guys that therivai padrapoothu u be with her and when u family voices up u cheat her???? :evil: :evil: i still cant think how can u say that u can cheat a girl for ur family.

Sexual harrasment, i have no comments abt that :|

Shy

vasan
08-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Enna teacher.. :00: Not all men cheat.. :snooty: Remember, Harichandra was a man.. So is Raama, as you so effectively argued in another topic.. :P BTW, not to question, but out of serious curiosity..

1) If he is afraid of commitment, and if he is not commited to any one, who is he cheating? If he is afraid of commitment, why on earth is he commited to any one any way?

2) What is the thrill... Is that something like the thrill of shoplifting?

4 & 5 ) Sabotage? Revenge? Because he hate the partner.. ? Does revenge mean she did it, so I will do it too... kinda thing?

7) Escapism... hmm.. :think:

Anyways.. much over my head.. And definitely not for me.. (noticed, just now that it is posted in womens talk for a good reason.. :oops: :oops: ) Memo to myself: Loda-lodannu pesaama irukannum... :oops:

vasan

RaasuKutty
08-04-2004, 08:12 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (idhu chumma illa.. serious aa)

1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

These 7 reasons to cheat apply for all human beings.. gender doesnt matter.. Some of these might be predominant with men and some with women... but effectively humans cheat and not just men or women

ashokcsn_2000
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM
1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

Ponnunga 1 to 6 pannalum.... avanaga no 7nai reasonaa site panni escape aayidvaanga ....
kannir (athuvum unmaiyaa poyya theriyaadu) vitte kaariyathai saathichuduvaanga.... :00: :00: :00:

aaanaal pasanga paavam, naala vanga, unnmaiyai solliyum maatikittu thavipaanga... :Ksp: :Ksp:

ashok :D :D :D :D

Shy
08-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Enna teacher.. :00: Not all men cheat.. :snooty: Remember, Harichandra was a man.. So is Raama, as you so effectively argued in another topic.. :P BTW, not to question, but out of serious curiosity..

Naanum ellarumna sonaen.. most of themnu thaanae sonaen.. ;) plus reasons that might be for their cheating thaanae ithu.. so yaar cheat panraangaloo avangalukku intha reasons porunthum .. ellaiyaa???

1) If he is afraid of commitment, and if he is not commited to any one, who is he cheating? If he is afraid of commitment, why on earth is he commited to any one any way?

Acho sariyaa purinchukalai neenga.. ellai enakku puriyalaiyaa neenga kaekurathu.. anyway let me explain.. Cheating due to fear of commitment means that he might have a steady realtionship with a girl okvaa.. but due to fear of commitment, he might not want to be devoted to that person alone and might start seeing another and just end up cheating the first :D eppo purinchathoo

2) What is the thrill... Is that something like the thrill of shoplifting?

They might actually like to have many secret relationships and enjoy the thrill of hiding i guess :think:

4 & 5 ) Sabotage? Revenge? Because he hate the partner.. ? Does revenge mean she did it, so I will do it too... kinda thing?

Revenge - no vasan, not because she did it and i will do too.. may be she might have broke up with him for another man and then may be years later they might end up together again. She thinking that all is great , but actually for him its a revenge against her..nothing more :oops:

7) Escapism... hmm.. :think:

not just esacpism vasan .. emotional ;)

Shy

Shy
08-04-2004, 08:43 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (idhu chumma illa.. serious aa)

1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

These 7 reasons to cheat apply for all human beings.. gender doesnt matter.. Some of these might be predominant with men and some with women... but effectively humans cheat and not just men or women

Acho :00: no kovam ...... me just gave some insights to women what I read from net :D

Yes its not just for men.. can be women too.. but the basic thing.. its MOSTLY men.. and very rarely women ;)

Shy

chitracheenu
08-04-2004, 08:56 PM
I believe that it's more applicable towards women than men..

RaasuKutty
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Acho no kovam ...... me just gave some insights to women what I read from net

naan kovam pada maateen :cool: :cool: .. antha evil was just to oppose that statement...

Yes its not just for men.. can be women too.. but the basic thing.. its MOSTLY men.. and very rarely women

Never :nono: :nono: :nono: ... If 100 men are breaking their affair, its b'coz of 100 different women.. so mostly men, rarely women dont work..

Shy
08-04-2004, 09:06 PM
1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

Ponnunga 1 to 6 pannalum.... avanaga no 7nai reasonaa site panni escape aayidvaanga ....
kannir (athuvum unmaiyaa poyya theriyaadu) vitte kaariyathai saathichuduvaanga.... :00: :00: :00:

aaanaal pasanga paavam, naala vanga, unnmaiyai solliyum maatikittu thavipaanga... :Ksp: :Ksp:

ashok :D :D :D :D

Ashok.. as I said earlier :D .. its stated because its MOSTLY men :D

entha ponnu fear of commitmentla oodi pathu irukeenga.. that to break up kooda ava panuvaa.. but cheating :snooty: :snooty:

Shy

Shy
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
CC :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: more to women.. explain pannungo olunga ...

Never :nono: :nono: :nono: ... If 100 men are breaking their affair, its b'coz of 100 different women.. so mostly men, rarely women dont work..

ithai naan othuka mataen... affair vachutu oodi poorathu pasanga.. athukum eppadi ponnungalai kutham solalaam

Shy

RaasuKutty
08-04-2004, 09:18 PM
ithai naan othuka mataen... affair vachutu oodi poorathu pasanga.. athukum eppadi ponnungalai kutham solalaam

hmm.. Any criminal system convicts not only the person who comitted the crime but also the person who abetted him in doing that.. so paiyan oodi pooraan nna, its not without the consent/co-operation of the female... so both are responsible..

chitracheenu
08-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Soodaana Article.. Please go through..

Forbidden fruit seems so much sweeter. Cheating spouses is nothing new. However, studies have shown that the number of cheating women is nearly parallel to unfaithful men. I spoke with two women who we shall call “Sally” and “Darla” to protect their identity, regarding extramarital affairs. The question is, “Why do women cheat?”
According to Darla, she was married to a minister. Her husband focused his energy on helping the church and others. Emotionally, Darla felt neglected. Feeling lonely, and missing her husband’s affection, aided in Darla’s decision to seek companionship outside of her marriage. Although she knew that her behavior conflicted with her spiritual beliefs, she still indulged. For Darla, sex with her husband had become stale and predictable. Largely due to the emotional disconnect. Living a double life wreaked emotional havoc on her psyche. She became depressed, and extremely confused. Unable to trust her own judgment, she sent mixed messages to her husband. On the one hand, she showed him love motivated by guilt. On the other, she no longer desired his touch, which caused additional marital breakdown because of the lack of intimacy. When asked if it was worth it, Darla replied, “No. If I could do it over again, I would be far less selfish. When my husband found out about the affair, it nearly killed him. He suffered a heart attack, and was hospitalized. Now we’re divorced, and I have paid the price. I had to file for bankruptcy, lost my house, car, and friends. In order to deal with the guilt and shame, I took Prozac.”

Sally has had multiple extramarital affairs, and is the mother of three. When asked why she cheats on her husband, Sally replied, “Because I don’t love him the way a wife should love her husband.”

“Then why not divorce him,” I inquired.

“I don’t know. I have thought about it lots of times, but I don’t want to leave him without having someone better to go to.” Her eyes watery, she continued, “My marital relationship is volatile at times. When we fight, we yell, throw things, and sometimes it gets physical. I have a lot of built up resentments toward him, and it’s hard for me to respect him.”

“It sounds to me like you have fallen out of love with him. Is that true?”

“My feelings have changed, and I don’t love him like I used to.”

“Does your husband know that he is loving on borrowed time?”

“No.” She laughed.

“Do you regret cheating on your husband?"

“I know it’s not right, but it helps me cope. It’s an outlet.”

“Have you considered marriage counseling?”

“I have, but he won’t go. He says that it’s a waste of time and money.”

“What about talking to your clergyman?”

“We did that before we got married, and it helped for a little while. Then he went back to his usual ways.”

“Seeing fault with someone else is easy. Looking within and finding flaws with our own character is difficult. Would you consider seeking individual counseling instead?”

“I never thought about it.”

“I’ve heard lots of therapists say that change comes from within. We can’t change anyone but ourselves. Perhaps you should do a self evaluation to find out why your response to a bad relationship is to cheat.”

Crying, she said, “It’s the coward’s way of dealing with a situation. It doesn’t solve the problem, but it gives you temporary relief. I will go to counseling, because this is a pattern that I’ve been dealing with for years. It’s time for a change.”

After speaking with Sally and Darla, I had a better understanding of “Why women cheat.” I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I am a woman. The common thread between both women was pain. They were each involved in dysfunctional relationships that took an emotional toll on them. Feeling helpless, they sought refuge in the arms of other men. There is no one reason as to why women cheat. The reasons vary from woman to woman. Some women cheat for emotional support, others for money, and some for sex. Whatever the reason, it’s a problem. In order to deal with unfaithfulness, the cheater must want to reform. If not, there won’t be a change. Don’t wait until you get caught to straighten up. If you love the person you’re with, you owe it to them and to yourself, to be faithful. Infidelity destroys families, and has cost people their lives and livelihood. If you’re unhappy, look within for the answers. If that does not suffice, seek professional help. You’re a lot stronger than you think you are, and you don’t have to depend on someone else for your survival. Even if you need to go back to school to further your education in hopes of getting a better job, and increasing your earning potential. The bottom line is that you are where you are today because of the choices you made yesterday. Henceforth, choose wisely.

CC :P :P

chitracheenu
08-04-2004, 09:29 PM
More Explanations why Women cheat more than Men.. Something interesting that I found. Anything offensive or defensive, please forgive.. Also any type of abusive language being used inside, please erase..

Cheating is chemically and biologically driven. The reason is simple. More children with different DNA. That's the reason for sex so the reason for cheating must be looked for from the same perspective. Now, through the ages men and women have developed different psychological and cultural structures when it comes to sex and also cheating. The difference finds it's basis in the fact that men can actually reproduce every day and women only once a year. That means that women have the choice where as the men form the supply. That is why , so far, men tended to cheat more then women. Basically both partners benefit from cheating, from a DNA's point of view, however the social structure in which they want to bring up their own "DNA combination"- or child, becomes endangered when one or both partners have kids with somebody else. One reason for that can also be found in the way we are ruled by our genetic implant. All DNA structures which contain at least one eighth of your own, are considered family, and are to a certain amount, trustworthy. The rest is competition. Cheating happens everywhere, in all societies over the world and since ages it has been dealt with in relatively the same way. On one side with utmost disgrace and contempt, often punished with death or some other cruel deed and on the other hand with passionate writings, paintings and great works of art. But basically, all over the world, it was more or less accepted for men to cheat, have mistresses, concubines, harems, prostitutes and so on. So, through history, culture has always somehow allowed the biological drive of men to be relieved and it is quite obvious to realize why guys cheat.
So what about women? Well, as I said before, women have the choice of the partner. The reason why women cheat lies basically in the same area as for men, being to have different offspring, but women tend to make more effort in choosing their cheat-partner. Women choose there cheat more on social background, wealth and health, actually they try to find better genes then that are already available to them, not consciously but naturally. Since women have a 100% insurance of knowing who the father is, they can determine the genetic diversity of their offspring, where men are depending on trusting the woman. So why are more and more women cheating? Well, that has no biological background. That is a purely social and cultural change, and not to mention a release of shame towards admitting to have cheated. The main change is the breakdown of the church and the influence of religion in the western world. Now, by many this is seen as something good, and my first reaction would be the same. But I am cautious, because it is not the Word which is bad but those who imply it wrongfull. With the influence of the moral of the scriptures fading we see that many people get lost, moral and normal behaviour being replaced by extremism and polerisation. Respect, trust, love, forgivenes, honousty, friendlines and compassion towards other humans is becoming rare in big cities. And since divorce is so easy, like marriage, more and more children lack the basic values needed to sustain a social relationship. I mean yes, there are kids who do perfectly in a one parent family and who grow up to be good parents, but the burden is higher on the parent and the risk for the kid is greater. In short, we have created a repeating cirkel in which certain social values are disappearing. The fact women are cheating more is not a phenomenon on itself but is merely related to a changing society where a new moral is being developed. The question is weather that new social model is a good one, after all one might question the goodness behind the figures of the report. One can argue that women have gained more freedom, but is having sex around a merit of freedom or more a lack of discipline and moral? And have women in our society gained more freedom, more independance, more sexual liberty? Is wearing a tanktop sexual liberty or sexual enslavement, is looking sexy a liberty or a must? Is it independanty and freedom when you can show your ****. Cause after all, when more women cheat, when more women are "willing", the men will automatically benefit from that, because then it won't be the women who do the choosing, it will be the men, thus still controlling the womb...

CC :D :D

chitracheenu
08-04-2004, 09:42 PM
CC :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: more to women.. explain pannungo olunga ...

[

Naan Cosmo Reports vachu thaan sonnein.. Neenga venumnaa padichu paarunga..

Girls May Cheat More Than Men

According to a Cosmo poll, women are the ones getting extra action.
Can you honestly say you've never smooched a random Romeo even when you had a sweet boyfriend?

Cosmo conducted an
advertisement

online poll of 1,000 single men and 1,000 single women, and 55 percent of guys and a shocking 59 percent of ladies said they have cheated on a partner. We asked relationship therapist Bonnie Eaker Weil, Ph.D., author of Make Up, Don't Break Up, to explain why women are more apt to wander.

We Get Off on the Rush

Women crave the endorphin high from the initial attraction they feel toward a new guy.

We Want Attention

Girls may cheat because they feel taken for granted. A new lover gives them the TLC that their beau doesn't.

We Feel Pressured

When women stress (especially over their guy), they may seek out another stud to lean on as a distraction.

Now that you know why women may cheat more than men, check out the simple test that will reveal whether your beau is very friendly or in danger of cheating.

Ok vaa CC :D :D

gokulan42
08-05-2004, 12:30 AM
what do u mean by family.. So When u started being with that girl, appo unga family pathi thinking varalaiyaa.. is she killukeerai for u guys that therivai padrapoothu u be with her and when u family voices up u cheat her???? :evil: :evil: i still cant think how can u say that u can cheat a girl for ur family.

Sexual harrasment, i have no comments abt that :|

Shy
Shy, I meant the immediate family only (wife is part of it, isn't it?).... Being such a poor guy, he may want to save the job and may just go along with the supervisor.... just a thought :)

Shy
08-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Gokul, irunthaalum romba imagination thaan.. appadi ellam nadakaathu :nono: :nono:

CC :00: evalooooooooooo big posts.. padichutu solraen okvaa

Shy

silican
08-05-2004, 02:40 AM
romba naala unga kitterundhu idhu madhiri Post illayennu paathen. vandhuteenga. Great.

Ippo naano, Sri'yo onnum argue panna maatom. Raasukutty neenga dhan paathukkanum.

Samayam varappo Godhala eranguren.

Silican

sweetie
08-06-2004, 05:25 AM
There are numerous reasons why men may endanger a relationship by cheating — if you catch a guy in a confessional mood here are a few you may hear:

1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

Shy

Cant u also say these....

For Fear of Lack of Commitment from his wife ?
And what is the "thrill" men get in cheating ???
May be his wife is not fulfilling ???
Sabotage from who ??? Obviously you mean his wife right ??? ;) U got the ans for that I guess...
Revenge for what ??? For something his wife did to him ??? ;) ;)
Because you let him ?? Who ??? again his wife right ??? Why did she let him ?? And I guess when she let him do it, she was also willing to do so or may be she was in a league of her own ?!?!?!?! ;) ;)
Emotional escape ?? From what ?? For men, killing themself by jumping off a cliff would be a far better emotional escape rather than to cheat on a women and AGAIN GO TO ANOTHER WOMAN !!!!! ;) ;)

As far as cheating or endangering a relationship is concerned, men (I think) wont do it unless otherwise there is something that the wife did or something that she provoked...

And So can the women do... Even they can cheat... isnt it ?? And what would be the confessions that one would hear from a wife when she is caught ??? ;) Now.. dun tell me thats another topic to be started... :P

chitracheenu
08-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Cant u also say these....

For Fear of Lack of Commitment from his wife ?
And what is the "thrill" men get in cheating ???
May be his wife is not fulfilling ???
Sabotage from who ??? Obviously you mean his wife right ??? ;) U got the ans for that I guess...
Revenge for what ??? For something his wife did to him ??? ;) ;)
Because you let him ?? Who ??? again his wife right ??? Why did she let him ?? And I guess when she let him do it, she was also willing to do so or may be she was in a league of her own ?!?!?!?! ;) ;)
Emotional escape ?? From what ?? For men, killing themself by jumping off a cliff would be a far better emotional escape rather than to cheat on a women and AGAIN GO TO ANOTHER WOMAN !!!!! ;) ;)

As far as cheating or endangering a relationship is concerned, men (I think) wont do it unless otherwise there is something that the wife did or something that she provoked...

And So can the women do... Even they can cheat... isnt it ?? And what would be the confessions that one would hear from a wife when she is caught ??? ;) Now.. dun tell me thats another topic to be started... :P

Whatever posting I did before please go through that and decide who cheats Men or Women?? :D

krishng
08-06-2004, 10:09 PM
silican madhiri dhaan naanum inga reply pannaum. i dont want to start anything now. becos it ll end up in some other debate. so its better that i ll be a stay away from this topic.

so inga naan spectator dhaan.

-Krishng.

gokulan42
08-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Krish, please dont say that.... peech tell something :pray: :ee: ;)

king_143
08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
CC nee inga eludanadu poram Society with no social values irukalam

sri_gan
08-07-2004, 12:53 AM

1. Fear of commitment
2. For the thrill of it
3. He is not fulfilled
4. Sabotage
5. Revenge
6. Because you let him
7. Emotional escape

Shy

I totally deny everything. Who ever wrote this have no heart / no sense / they completely don't know about men at all.

Its sad to know but its a fact.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shy this is too extreme

gokulan42
08-07-2004, 01:13 AM
ok ok, Sri vanthachuppa... where is the corner seat????

RaasuKutty
08-07-2004, 01:38 AM
ok ok, Sri vanthachuppa... where is the corner seat????

Goks, u cant say this.. Try center stage :wink: :wink:

mahaling
08-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Since everything is purely based on your senses and emotions, not only these seven, the list is still extending itself.

I agree with all said above about men and women. coz we're human beings hence both men and women err.

everybody has this feeling inbuilt, but it's intensity that varies from one to another.

the reason behind rama avatar was god created so many principles for life for the human beings. when others questioned that there could be no such person who follows all these principles and hence was the result of rama avatar which proved that a man or a woman like sita is possible.

well you can question yourselves about these whether you fit into this category or not. if you're not then not all men and women are bad.

sweetie
08-07-2004, 05:16 AM
Whatever posting I did before please go through that and decide who cheats Men or Women?? :D

CC.. Whatever posting you made was not ur own words but I guess its more of a copy paste stuff from some place.... Isnt it ?? ;) So, here we are debating about our own thoughts and what we, as individuals who have our own originality, think about the issues... U post something from ur own thoughts, and I will see if I can "please go throught that and decide"....
If u ask me to decide after reading "your" posts, I think I would always prefer to read "YOUR" posts... ;)

gokulan42
08-07-2004, 05:33 AM
RK, if left corner seat is occupied, i will take the other corner.... no stage... no way..

Bluelotus
08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Well it was written by women for women ...

not all men cheat ..it's just some reason why some men could cheat :ahha:

I don't know why men cheat or women for that matter ... I guess there must a be catalyst which sort of pushes them towards it

hmm m...get some marriage counselling I would say :ahha:

blue.

Shy
08-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Guys,

Let me make something clear... Naan MSNla ithai padichaen.. Sri mukiyama for you. Sorry if its really very mean, I just thought of sharing it with you all :oops: okvaa..

I didnt say that women are very sincere and they dont cheat.. as RK pointed out.. it depends on the individual rather than if its man or woman. This topic was about most men cheat because of the above said points. Just thought of discussing if that was the case avaloothaan :oops:

Sweetie, neenga kaetathu ellam... womenkkum porunthum, I dont deny.. but i guess its written by some women for women.. Just to some heart broken ladies who lost their relationship and wanted to know the reason. avaloothaan, no offense is meant for men here . I know not all men are bad :ee:

Shy

gokulan42
08-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks Shy....

thats what I thought too... YES, May be couple of guys may be cheating but not all... :ahha:

Shy, we dont see you in the Trisha thread... Krish is jumping up & down there in your absence :)

Shy
08-07-2004, 04:42 PM
avar postkku thaan eppo answer panindu irukaen :D

Shy

gokulan42
08-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Sabash! romba romba nalla irukku :)

sri_gan
08-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Guys,

Let me make something clear... Naan MSNla ithai padichaen.. Sri mukiyama for you. Sorry if its really very mean, I just thought of sharing it with you all :oops: okvaa..
I didnt say that women are very sincere and they dont cheat.. as RK pointed out.. it depends on the individual rather than if its man or woman. This topic was about most men cheat because of the above said points. Just thought of discussing if that was the case avaloothaan :oops:

Sweetie, neenga kaetathu ellam... womenkkum porunthum, I dont deny.. but i guess its written by some women for women.. Just to some heart broken ladies who lost their relationship and wanted to know the reason. avaloothaan, no offense is meant for men here . I know not all men are bad :ee:

Shy

Shy,

Meaanvathu karuvaadavathu... nenga eppadi appadi sollalam... Indian guys evalo nallavanga... commitment kelam payapadama... even arranged marriage ellam kuda pannikiranga avanga ellam irrunthum nenga ithai share pannuren sollurathu... romba vethanai....

Shy enna kuzhanthaiyum killivittutu .. thotil aatura mari bawala katturengala??? :nono: :nono: :nono:

Athuvum evalo samatha Women's talk vanthu pottu vachirrukenga??? bayangaramana aalu nenga.... ebaaaa.

Athu poga first post le unga opinion onnum kuda sollama ella guys um inga vanthu kekum pothu koncha konchama sollurenga ella guysum appdi illa ippadi illainu... :00:

gokulan42
08-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I agree with you, Sri...

these gals *Shy's smile*

Bluelotus
08-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Sri,
are you saying that all Indian Men are above adultery? or are you saying that Indian Men are the only ones who would not cheat? are you implying that men of other nationalities are incapable of commitment?
Arranged marriages is nothing new nor is it limited to India!
(Last I heard it is still practiced across the whole of the Subcontinent as well as the Far-East!)
Men all over the world since the begining of history have committed to marriage be it arranged or love!

some men do cheat ...regardless of their ethnic origin.
this article itself is a proof of that...if they were so perfect Prince Charmings then this would never have been written

what makes one stray from holy matrimony? I don't know ...but those reasons could be true...

of course it doesn't apply to all ...certainly not to geethamites ...they are angels are they not ...how can angel stray :ahha:

no one is innocent or naive ....lets face reality, it happens...not to all ...but to some...

--------------------------

reason 1:

yes ...even after having committed themselves to the biggest commitment of all ...
they may still be afraid of it ...and cheating somehow would give them the feeling that they are still free agents and not so totally leg-shackled :evil:

reason 2:

I guess illicit relationships would give them a buzz...the excitment of being discovered

reason 3:

apparently soo :evil:
ppl need to realise that life isn't about getting fulfilled... there's more to it than that ...they obvioulsy need to get hobbies :ahha:

reason 4:

to sabotage their marriage...to obtain a divorce :evil: ...why get married in the first place ..loonies

reason 5:

to get back at their spouse...why not just divorce then :evil:

reason 6:

:00: what??? is marriage about keeping ppl on short leashes??

reason 7:

same as reason 1 :evil:

btw
these apply equally to women!!

blue.

sri_gan
08-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Blue,

Nenga ippa tension partya maritingala?

First of all I don't know about any other ethinic origin except indians and for a fact i know about them well and all I tried to say is its not like what that article says when it comes to indians avlothan...

Look at your own statments:

some men do cheat ...regardless of their ethnic origin.

these apply equally to women!!

On a short note: we don't think we are angels ok, we have a name called humans and we want that name to be as it is and we are thinking when will the women stop complaining about men and start to know about them more instead of complaining.... Any thoughts Alice :P.

Bluelotus
08-08-2004, 08:17 PM
On a short note: we don't think we are angels ok, we have a name called humans and we want that name to be as it is and we are thinking when will the women stop complaining about men and start to know about them more instead of complaining.... Any thoughts Alice :P.

no tension... I'm kewl dude :cool:

when men will stop complaining about women ...women shall do the same :P

anyways ...I thought I made my point quite clear ...that I don't think all men are cheats ...like I said some do but tht's just a few :ahha: and women cheat equally...

well glad to hear you lot aren't angels :wink: we're not either :ee:

blue

dinesh
08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
This post is not justified at all. How come women are above all these reasons? Come on people....have we never encountered women who cheat? This is something that happens in people's lives, but pointing the finger just at men is not justifiable at all.

butterfly
08-09-2004, 06:57 PM
I dont understand Y there is so much talk here about man & women...Is everyone forgetting that u only get wat u allow ???...If a man is cheated By a women its coz he let her & so goes for the women

anainar
08-10-2004, 05:54 AM
adadaa!! All these hot topics come alive only when I am not around. Shy, are you trying to sneak in some of "Men are cheaters" argument in my absence? No way. I had to post pone my return trip by a week. Managed to access internet and first thing I did was to visit Geetham. And then saw this topic, flashing right in front of me. Cant resist adding a little bit of fire.

Cheating has been an essential part of human culture right from Adam-Eve days. Trying to frame it with in 7 reasons is futile. Fear of commitment is not true at all. Why should some one marry and then cheat for fear of commitment? If caught cheating, his spouse can file divorce. He has to support his wife for the rest of his life which is a bigger commitment.

I would put "Not fulfilled" as a major reason for cheating( both women and men ). We all have certain requirements, physical, mental and materialistic. Shortage of anyone would make the mind to wander. That is the singlemost reason I would say. I would put the blame on the other party for being insensitive to the requirements. No way one can get 100% contentment. It is a question how much one can live with.

Cheers

vasan
08-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Cheating has been an essential part of human culture right from Adam-Eve days.

Anainar,

Don't know if its an essential part of human culture.. We don't really need 'cheating' to survive as a culture, you see.. But yes, possibly an unavoidable and integral (albeit lamentable and unwholesome) part of human lives.. (just trying out a bunch of words, sir.. :P :P :P Nothing more. :wink: )

We don't like it - but it is there, no matter how many moral philosophies, religion or cultural values we talk about. It has been there.. and a good guess is, it will be there.. :(

Vasan

Bluelotus
08-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I disagree on the point : "he has to support his wife for the rest of her life" ...
utter rubbish If I may say so Sir :sm03:
she can go and support herself :evil:

I just think SOME ppl are very strange creatures who just don't understand the word fidelity.

yup Vasan ... it's going to be around for a long while yet :ahha:

now that we know why some men and women cheat ...can we discuss: what one would do if one finds out that one's partner has cheated? :think:

blue.

dinesh
08-12-2004, 04:30 PM
can we discuss: what one would do if one finds out that one's partner has cheated?

Go on the Jerry Springer show, perhaps.... :ahha:

Bluelotus
08-12-2004, 04:41 PM
or of course they could come and write their story in geetham ...and we could all jump in and advise them :sm12:

blue.

anainar
08-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Blue,

I am on and off in Geetham because of my vacation. So bear with me if you dont get reply immediately.

Yes, the husband has to provide alimony to the wife even if she indulges in cheating and they get divorced. It is the law. So, my argument stays that one does not cheat for fear of commitment. If he cheats, his commitment increases manifold for nothing in return.

What can one do on finding out? That is an interesting question. An objective assessment would be the way to go. Every action of human beings does have a reason. The first task will be to assess what is the reason. All this only if one wants to continue in the relationship. If one has made up his/her mind to break up, nothing can help. If not, find out the reason and try to fulfill it. Your idea of writing in Geetham is a great one. I am not saying for fun. It is a real thing. Many things get out when talking to counsellors, essentially because of the anonymity. So, that might work too to let out some steam.

I dont know what is that Jerry show. Is that famous in UK that we beyond atlantic do not know of?

Cheers

gokulan42
08-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Sabash guru... Now the corner seat is sure for me ;)

vasan
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I dont know what is that Jerry show. Is that famous in UK that we beyond atlantic do not know of?

Cheers, anainar

Jerry Springer show is an american product.. :P :P Where else do we find such 'creativity'... Horrible show.. !! Heard he wants torun for senate from some state.. :ahha:

Vasan