PDA

View Full Version : Handling Best Friends & Beloved

Shy
08-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Make it clear to your friends and your partner that getting along with each other is important to you. And if there's friction, don't give up too easily. Remember, you and your friends had months or even years to find the balance that made your group special. It can take time for this new group that you care about so much to find its equilibrium.

Continue to show your friends that you care about them. You may not be able to make every group outing like you used to, but you can be there in other ways. Phone calls or emails help keep you in touch, as do attending important events, or an occasional lunch or a quick get-together for drinks after work. Show your friends you still value them.

Plan activities that include both your romantic and platonic relationships. Start simple with something like coffee or brunch. If that goes well, try something more involved, like a day at the beach. Avoid overnight activities or any trip longer than a day until everyone has settled in and found their space in the new world order.

Don't bad-mouth your partner to your best friend, or vice-versa. While temporarily soothing to our fragile egos, such talk can cause people to form negative impressions of each other — impressions that make it harder for them to get along well when you’re all together.

When romance has a hold on you, holding on to your friends can be a challenge. It’s worth the effort because keeping your friendships and your romance gives you a fuller, more engaged life. Follow these tips and you’ll always be surrounded by the many people who love you.

Shy

RaasuKutty
08-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Phone calls or emails help keep you in touch, as do attending important events, or an occasional lunch or a quick get-together for drinks after work.

Thanx for the reminder.. long since I spoke/wrote to most of my friends... but close friends dont expect too many formalities.. Do they??? :wink: :wink:

vasan
08-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Good one teacher.. Some serious thinking is required in balancing life.. :think:

Vasan

Ps: Note to myself: When (note, not if, but when.. :wink:) my romance with Esha takes hold on me, I have to keep my good friends from geetham too.. have to plan ahead.. :P :P

Shy
08-04-2004, 08:48 PM
:sm12: :sm12:

romba nalla ennam vasan.. but Eshanu soli irukeenga.. yaarukoo kaetathu.. appuram irukku :)

RK, sure close friends dont expect any formalities.. but the point here is once u are commited to someone.. thats when u need this balance :D

Shy