PDA

View Full Version : what would be the proper dish? suggest me

cs19724
08-09-2004, 07:52 PM
I've lot of parottas & chapathis.. I'll have to touch up some dish for these things!! coz I couldnt eat them lone :cry: can anyone tell me what could be the best dish that I can have with this chapathis.. but however I've two limitations!!

1. Preparation process should be easy and not time consuming
2. It should not require tomottoes, coz I dont have it!! I've onions only :(

any suggestsion?

sri_gan
08-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Tomato illama samaikirathu vanthu uppu illama sappidurathukku samanam... but here is my suggestions:

1. Chilli Parotta pannalam, if you like eggs athu kuda sethukitta nalla irrukkum.

2. I'm not sure if you spices athe pathi onnum sollalai... irruntha athule egg podama innoru tasty chilli parotta pannalam.

3. Thair pachadi panni Parotta serthu sappidalam.

4. Chick peas kidaicha athu light oil le onion pottu vathikittu parotta and chappathikku serthu sappidalam romba healthy kuda.

ithukku mela ungalukku enna venum.

cs19724
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
thayir pachadi, omlette nallave seiven..

oh <idhu enna ketta vathainu solluthu.. s h i t nu adichen>marathetten, nabaga paduthunadhuku romba thanks :wink:

ferny
08-09-2004, 08:38 PM
hmm is this a test? I can't think of many dishes that I can make without tomato.

Are you allergic to them or just against buying any of them? Is tomato paste okay?

I'm not sure but I don't think you need tomatoes to make Navarathna Korma. Its not too hard to make...I think you can find it in a packet too :wink:

You can make dhaal for the roti. Just fry some mustard seeds, urdu dhal, garlic, onion, curry leaves, peringayam. Then add some cooked paasiparupu, salt and lemon juice. I think thats all you need. I'm not too sure. Perhaps sri-gan knows the exact recipie :)

vasan
08-09-2004, 08:43 PM
1) I like potato fry.. (I don't know the right name or what it is.. ) but the deal is.. Well, boil the potatos (pressure cook it if you want..).. Cut some onions, fry them well with mustard seeds, and bit of (a spoon!) whatever (uncooked) dhal you have.. add some chilli powder and salt.. add the boiled (and cut to small size) potatoes.. fry them well.. bingo.. you have potatoes and roti.. (I eat tortillas like that.. But then I am too lazy, so inseated of boiled potatoes, I buy canned ones, and my cooking is like 5 mins.. :wink:)

2) eat it with pickle.. :ahha: Really.. its too cool.. :P :P

cs19724
08-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry that I've forgot to tell you one reason why I dont have tomottoes.. The trally gets emptied very often and I get frustrated coz my friend uses tomottoes with his each single preparation :cry: I couldnt compete with him in using tomottoes.. For that matter, of course potatoes too :cry:

anyway, my order would go like
1.omlette 2.pickle 3. thayir pachadi:wink:
thanks for the informations!!

ferny
08-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Dude stock up on tomato paste cans! You can substitute the paste whenever the recipie calls for tomatoes.

cs19724
08-09-2004, 08:59 PM
do we have a readymade paste for tomottow too? :sm18:

Priyam2004
08-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Oooiii...why evlo thooram kashta paduringo....too much work....!!! :doh: :doh:
Simple and best....chumma cucumber + onion's (+ sweetcorn if you like) ellathaiyum small cubes'a cut panni....ketti thayir'le pottu oru kindu kinditu....chappathi oda serthu adinga paa....ethukku poyi....periye recipe ellam sollikittu.... :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Enjoy your chappathi's cs19724 ;)

vasan
08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
do we have a readymade paste for tomottow too? :sm18:

CS anne..

We have readymade tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato ketch up, peeled whole tomato, crushed tomato, sun dried tomato, tomato pickle, cut cube tomato, italian style tomato, tomatoes with onion/garlic/oregano/cilantro/++++...

Ellaam irukku.. Appo appo Grocery shop poningalnaa nallathunnu ninaikkaren.. :P :P

Vasan

cs19724
08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
annana, anniya :wink:

enakke ippa en mela doubta irukku :think:

i'm such a lazy guy,know what, i wont go to gas station too to get cigars, i use to order it for the fags :wink:

Priyam2004
08-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Sweet Vasan wrote:
We have readymade tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato ketch up, peeled whole tomato, crushed tomato, sun dried tomato, tomato pickle, cut cube tomato, italian style tomato, tomatoes with onion/garlic/oregano/cilantro/++++...

Neenga enna tomato stall vachurukingalaa Vasa....ennaku 1 kg tomatoes kedaikumaa....aanaa...aanaa... .inthe scales'ku aadile weight vachu weigh pannara velai ellam venam! :nono: :nono: Olunga weigh panni anupungo - ok'va? ;) ((Just kidding pa))

cs19724
08-09-2004, 09:35 PM
apdiye enakkum oru 10Kg kudutha nalla irukkum :wink:

scalukku keela enna irunthalum paravalla,aana mela tomotto mattum vainga :ee:

Shy
08-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Ellarum super recipe solitaanga...

Just to summarise

(1) Chilli parota, with eggs
(2) Pachidi
(3) Dhal
(4) pickles with curd ;)
(5) simple recipe.. tavala oilla mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves pootu, garlic/ginger paste(1.4 spoon), then 1-2 onions verticalla slice paninathu pootu add a pinch of tumeric powder and 1.4 spoon of chilli powder, then brown aara samaiyam, just pour a spoon of lime juice and thats it.. u are done.. chuka chapathikku supera irukkum, great for travel too :D
(6) Peas and onion as sri said
(7) cucumber thayir salad
(8) Simple fast kurma

(1)Easy, Fast one

Vegetables
=======

Beans - 100gms,
carrot-2,
Potato- 2,
onion-1/4 kgs,
ginger - 1 small piece,
garlic - 3 pieces (if needed),
cocunut -1/2,
green chillies-5

(1) Cut the vegetables into small pieces and boil it till half cooked. microwave it for 12 mins
(2) Put the pan, pour oil and add ginger and garlic paste to it.
(3) Then fry the finely cut onions to brown
(4) Meanwhile grind the cocunut and green chillies. Also grind the sesame and pattai (if necessary).
(5) After frying the onion nicely, add all the cooked vegetables, add the cocunut, chilli paste. Allow it boil nicely.

Try pannunga :)

Shy

Priyam2004
08-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Shy akka wrote:
Ellarum super recipe solitaanga...

Just to summarise

(1) Chilli parota, with eggs
(2) Pachidi
(3) Dhal
(4) pickles with curd
(5) simple recipe.. tavala oilla mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves pootu, garlic/ginger paste(1.4 spoon), then 1-2 onions verticalla slice paninathu pootu add a pinch of tumeric powder and 1.4 spoon of chilli powder, then brown aara samaiyam, just pour a spoon of lime juice and thats it.. u are done.. chuka chapathikku supera irukkum, great for travel too
(6) Peas and onion as sri said
(7) Simple fast kurma

Shy akka....ennoda cucumber thayir salad...unga list'le kanom :( :( :(

unique
08-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Ennai keta romba simple side dish milk n sugar......ayyo adika varatheenga.....you can also make potato masal for chappati s.....idhelam panna kashtama irundhadhuna go to an Indian grocery store anga readymade panni vecha side dishes packets kidaikum adhai vaangi microwave panni saapidungo mudinjadhu velai........ :wink:

Bluelotus
08-09-2004, 10:53 PM
no no Unique ...milk and sugar very good :b:
try also Jam, marmelade, jelly, pickle, chutney, honey.... the list goes on :ahha:

happy eating :wink:
blue.

cs19724
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
I think I've got enough of suggestions from all akkas and annans!! Please stop at this point coz my hunger will go off if I'm reading more & more suggestions..

When we get lot of options, it is really difficult to pick one up.. but when the options are few, its very easy to find out an one which is easy to go.. enough of confusions now. .I'll have to list out all options and choose the best one, will do it and let you know :wink:

Shy
08-09-2004, 11:15 PM
good CS, best of luck :D

Sorry ma priyam... pachidinu ellam varumnu nenaichutaen, my bad.. i just saw that it was a salad :( .. sorry :( eppo add panitaen thou :ee:

Shy

cs19724
08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Tried with pickle today, (may be because of good pickle taste or really dont know) it was not bad :wink: