PDA

View Full Version : Try this, Amazing!!

cs19724
08-12-2004, 04:36 AM
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg !

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn
mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig na? :wink:

sweetie
08-12-2004, 08:07 AM
There was nother similar kinda stuff floating around a while back.. it involved research tests on people, where they were presented with a line, in which the words were half covered... like say the bottom half is covered... But with jus the top of the the words in the line visible, most of the subjects could read it with an amazingly less number of errors....

But when the top half was covered, with only the bottom half visible, the subjects could not read the line at all !!!

This has got to with pattern recognition in the brain.. wherein the brain processes visual information in many different ways.. and in many different areas of the brain too !! Not only the visual cortex plays a role in recognition, but there are other areas, primarily the visual association cortex, and other regions, that think, understand the meaning of the word etc etc... all this put together condition the brain towards a more efficient pattern recognition, but with specificity as well !!

cs19724
08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
tavaliha,
Ihtu tmial uukkm prdhuounma. I asked " Thalaiva, idhu tamil ullum porundhuma" . I guess not much because we are not much used to see tamil in english words :ee:

Shy
08-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Wow.. thats amazing.. seems it worked perfectly fine for english.. but yaenna tamillku work aagalai.. not sure even if we write in tamil, we could easily read it as we read english ones

Good one CS

Shy

ziczaczoom2004
12-15-2004, 08:14 PM
how abt vivekanada reading a page as a whole(like we read by word as a whole)

silican
12-15-2004, 08:44 PM
how abt vivekanada reading a page as a whole

really ?? Who said so ??

- Silican

Kalyan
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Reading faster books say the same things... You should not concentrate on each and every letter in a word or each and every word in a sentence... But just grasp the sentence as a whole... I cant understand how one could achieve this...!!!

amurugan
02-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Reading faster books say the same things... You should not concentrate on each and every letter in a word or each and every word in a sentence... But just grasp the sentence as a whole... I cant understand how one could achieve this...!!!

Thats context reading instaed of literal reading which is important in comprehensions in GMAT and MAT and also in managerial practices.