PDA

View Full Version : COKE

cs19724
08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey guys,
Have you ever come across these myths about Coke(coca - cola). Guess you may find it interesting

The New Coke fiasco was actually a clever marketing ploy.- False

Coca-Cola became carbonated by accident. - False

Coca-Cola was once considered anti-Semitic for refusing to do business in Israel. - True

The modern image of Santa Claus was created by Coca-Cola. - False

Coca-Cola used to contain cocaine. -True

Coca-Cola is an effective spermicide. - False

A tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola will dissolve overnight. - False

The shape of the Coca-Cola bottle was mistakenly based on the cacao tree seed pod.

Coca-Cola's name was translated into Chinese as "bite the wax tadpole."

Combining Coca-Cola and aspirin will get you high. - False

Only two people in the company know Coca-Cola's formula, and each of them only knows half of it. - False

Coca-Cola was originally green. - False

The Mormons own the Coca-Cola Company.- False

The cursive script of the Coca-Cola label includes an image of a person snorting cocaine. - False

Coca-Cola used to send a salesman out to purchase a piece of Coca-Cola chewing gum once a year to protect its trademark on the product. - False

Little Mikey of LIFE cereal fame died from the explosive effects of mixing Pop Rocks candy with Coca-Cola.*- False

Coca-Cola is giving away free cases of soda to people who forward an e-mail message.* - False

Coca-Cola's cursive script logo was designed to reveal anti-Islamic messages in its mirror image. - False

The acids in Coca-Cola make it harmful to drink. - False

A kid who drank the liquid used as ballast in a MagiCan promotion died.* - False

A Middle Eastern advertisement created by Coca-Cola depicts the Coke logo emblazoned on the Dome of the Rock.* - False

Coca-Cola has announced that it will be donating four days' worth of income to Israel.* - False

Kindness performed for a stranger nets a warning not to drink Coca-Cola after a certain date.* - False

University student who drinks too many Cokes dies from carbon dioxide poisoning. - False

Coca-Cola recalled an advertising poster due to a risqué image hidden within it. -True

For further evidence visit snopes.com :ee:

RaasuKutty
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM

I thought this is true...

Well not sure, but one of my friend is going to be happy reading this.. or probably not, he never cares abt these stuff :wink: :wink:

Shy
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Coca-Cola used to contain cocaine. -True

uh-uh :oops:

Shy

ashokcsn_2000
08-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Coca-Cola was originally green. - False

Coke bought out a fanta grren apple flavour.. It was green and tasted pretty good. Dont know why they removed it from the market.

Ashok :D :D :D

Comenaughty
08-12-2004, 09:30 PM

I thought this is true...

Well not sure, but one of my friend is going to be happy reading this.. or probably not, he never cares abt these stuff :wink: :wink:

i had read an article looooooong time back in india today.... they alleged (or stated) coke contains phosporic acid, whioch can cause stomach ulcer and kidney stones or something of that sort.... who cares.... im with a tin coke (yeah it does contain sodium ;))when i typd this :ee:

vasan
08-12-2004, 09:35 PM
(yeah it does contain sodium )when i typd this

Yeah.. I had rasam rice.. had some sodium in it.. (yeah..sodium chloride.. :ahha:)

Vasan

RaasuKutty
08-12-2004, 09:46 PM
i had read an article looooooong time back in india today.... they alleged (or stated) coke contains phosporic acid, whioch can cause stomach ulcer and kidney stones or something of that sort.... who cares.... im with a tin coke (yeah it does contain sodium )when i typd this

It is true that Coke has phosporic acid and I remember posting it somewhere in geetham... It was posted by dinesh "Fizzy drinks" and something..

Even coke bottle (OR) can does tell that it contains Phosporic acid.. what surprised me was how they claim that it is not harmful..

ashokcsn_2000
08-12-2004, 09:53 PM
what surprised me was how they claim that it is not harmful..

Phosphoric acid is present in many naturally occuring fruits and products like milk, cheese, fish eggs and certain cereals that we eat in one form or another.

Other thing is that it is essential for teeth and bone formation. So u cannot term it as harmfull...

Just the word acid makes it look harmful.

Ashok :D :D :D

vasan
08-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Not every acid is sulphuric acid.. :Ksp:

Ascorbic acid is good.. :b: Nothing but vitamin C.. :P :P

Some are good, and our own body produces some..

Vasan

cs19724
08-12-2004, 10:00 PM
yeah..H3PO4 is not harmful and its a part of large no of natural foods that we'r eating today :wink:

vasan
08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
yeah..H3PO4 is not harmful and its a part of large no of natural foods that we'r eating today :wink:

rrr.. Possibly harmful, if you drink a can of it, straight up.. :ahha:

Follow the FDA approved guidelines.. for any consumption.. :P :P

cs19724
08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
ALAVUKKU MEERINAL AMIRTHAME NANJAGUMPOTHU, H3PO4 MATTUM ENNA VITHIVILAKKA :nono: