PDA

View Full Version : Meesai Madhavan - Preview

krishng
08-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Normally a hit movie is remade in other languages. Meesai Madhavan in Malayalam with Dileep in the lead did fantastic business. So it was but natural that Tamil producers made a beeline for the remake rights. But this flick is different, in the sense that only the name of the movie is being borrowed. The Tamil version of Meesai Madhavan is actually the remake of the Malayalam Kabuliwalla, which was made about a decade ago.
Actor Vijay Babu's son Ramana who is already busy in Telugu films, makes his debut as hero. He will have 'Kutty' Radhika for company. 'This is my second film after Jore. But I play a baddie in Jore. I hope people would accept me as a hero too 'says Ramana. Radhika who is yet to make a mark for herself after the debacle of Iyarkai and Varnajaalam is confident that this flick will give her a strong foot hold in the industry. The director, S.Ramu enters the fray with hands on experience as S.A. Chandrasekhar's assistant. The film moves around a circus troupe. Anandraj is the circus troupe owner whose life revolves around his only daughter 'Kutty' Radhika. She is given all the freedom by her father but his only condition is that she should not fall in love. Ramana an orphaned wanderer meets Radhika with his friends Thankaraj and Illavarasu. Radhika falls for Ramana. Initially, Anandaraj opposes their love but relents later. There is a new twist to the story at this juncture when Ramana's parents enter the scene to claim their son.
Thangaraj who earlier tasted success with Sundara Travels which was also a remake opines, 'All Siddiq Lal's films remade (Friends and Engal Anna) in Tamil have been hits. I am confident that this one will be a box office hit too. The comedy track played by Illavarasu and me will receive tremendous response among the audience'. Apart from comedy, the flick has its own share of emotions and serious moments too. Manivannan, Rajiv, Pandu, Thiagu, Sabita Anand, Saranya are also cast in the movie. Meesai Madhavan produced under the banner Yuvasri Creations has Ravisankar as its cinematographer. Bharani scores the music. The movie is expected to be released during the end of August 2004.