PDA

View Full Version : Down with PODS (Post Olympics Depression Syndrome)?

vasan
08-30-2004, 09:40 PM
How to Beat PODS?

Any suggestions?!!

Judging from the number of posts and people visiting Geetham today, I guess many of us are down with the spectators version of Post Olympics Depression.. !! :( :(

How to defeat depression, and get back into life's natural rhythm? :think:

Any answers / helpful suggestions from our Honorable Health Gurus in Geetham (H2G2)s ? :D

Vasan

anainar
08-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Vasan,

For sure I was depressed today. It is going to be even worse when I get home in the evening. For the past two weeks, it wasgala time and my TV never touched any of the movie channels. NBC coverage of Olympics was awesome in High Definition. The gymnasts, athletes, swimmer and players all looked so alive.

Need a change? Go practice shooting for the next Olympics. You might win a medal in Beijing 2008. The US Pole Vaulter Tim Mack started pole vaulting four years back and won a medal in Athens. And there was a 44 year old woman sprinter who made it to the finals, running side by side with 18 years olds, giving them jitters.

Cheers

ashokcsn_2000
08-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Depressed I am, not because of the end of olympics but due to the way it ended. Very sad to know that india of all the medal winning countries has the lowest number of medals per capita... :(