PDA

View Full Version : Think of someone to love

Bluelotus
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm sure you have all heard of the old adage " an Apple a day keeps the doctor at bay" :wink:

Although I cannot guarrantee that a mere apple would be enough to keep your physician away from you...it's bound to provide at least a little vit and anti-oxidant as well as some fibre to your diet :ee:

An excellent method of getting closer to achieving inner peace is the Love equivalent of the old apple saying:

"Thinking of someone to love each day keeps your resentment away"

It's quite scary how much time we spend thinking abt ppl who irritate or annoy us, every day.

your mind would tend to focus on negative or strange behaviour, and soon your whole frame of mind would adopt a more negative outlook.

To avoid this ...you need to make a conscious decision to stop!!
and redirect your thoughts towards a more positive aspect of life.

So each morning when you wake up, pick a person to love :P

[ :wink: how abt you start with a certain lotus :sm12: ...just pulling your leg folks :ee: ]

I am not saying that you won't get irritated anymore ...but it may brighten your day considerably :D

365 days in a year ...do you know 365 ppl you could love in a year? :P

**So each morning when you wake up chose a person for the day

(might wana try this: close you eyes, take 2 deep breaths, and ask yourself "who shall I send my love to today?" hopefully an image might pop into your head..... it could be the Pope, Mummy, you next door neighbour, or even Stitch :wink: )

**Once you have settled on a person for the day, Direct a little love their way :D

(you might want to concentrate on them and say "I hope you have a wonderful day filled with loving kindness" )

** throughout the day if you feel yourself getting negative...start thinking of the person your loving that day

hopefully you should find that your day is a little more peaceful :b:

(this may if followed religiously improve your general relationship with mankind :wink: :wink: :wink: )

All thanx should go to : Dr Richard Carlson :sm03:

vasan
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm sure you have all heard of the old adage " an Apple a day keeps the doctor at bay" :wink:
365 days in a year ...do you know 365 ppl you could love in a year? :P

(might wana try this: close you eyes, take 2 deep breaths, and ask yourself "who shall I send my love to today?" hopefully an image might pop into your head..... it could be the Pope, Mummy, you next door neighbour, or even Stitch :wink: )

All thanx should go to : Dr Richard Carlson :sm03:

Whew.. I knew this one.. I am already practicing that.. you know, sorta, kinda.. :wink:

365 a year is too easy, Blue-not-so-subtle-Lotus :wink: I could do 365 in a day.. :sm12: :sm12:

Anyways.. Should I start? (alphabetical at least until Esha darling.. :wink: stopped after that so as not to invite pooshnikka.. :P )

Aishwarya Rai,
Bhoomika Chawla,
Chaya Singh,
Diya Mirza,
Esha Deol,
Meera Jasmine,
Sneha (vasan?!! :wink: would be a nice last name in future :oops: ),
Trisha Krishnan ... :wink:

rr... should I go on?! :lol: :lol:

Escaaaaaaapeeeeeee.. !!!!! :P :P :P

Plenty of people around, but, Kadhalikka neramillai.. :wink: :sm05:

Vasan

goodcomplanboy
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey Blue,

"I hope you have a wonderful day filled with loving kindness"

Regards,
GCB :wink:

Bluelotus
09-09-2004, 06:25 PM
How very kind of you, GCB :D
I hope that your day shall be filled to the brim with kindness, light and laughter...and of course lots of love.
:sm08: :sm08: :sm08:

:oops: Finally someone got the picture :ahha:

Thattha..naan oonum kadhallika sollevillai :wink:
Just send them a bouquet of delicate love flowers ...all telepathically of course :wink:
'cause at the rate you do it ...you might go bankrupt :ahha:

Of course Vasan Thattha is the exception :ee: ...I knew you were already a disciple of this particular mantra :sm12:

Sneha vasan ..sounds great ...but man why the weird nosed lady :00: ...okie okie...she too is a person and hence should be sent some love :sm03:

Thattha, I hope you have a wonderful day filled with loving kindness too. :wink:

vasan
09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
ennapaa ithu.. Love & Love and love, but not love.. and loving kindness.. :ahha:

Bleu.. go back to your old topic, 'what is love' and define these things first and let me know what I must do.. :)

I do love all my grandchildren.. even some alien ones.. :wink:

Have a day & night filled with love and laughter Bleu.. :P

Vasan

Bluelotus
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanx thattha :ee:

Aiyooo Thattha...ennakku onnum theriyathu :?
and that thread just confused me more than usual
http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11831

so decided not to try and define the undefinable :ee:

dinesh
09-11-2004, 01:19 PM
What kind of love are we all talking about here? In a certain kind I have plenty of candidates, but personally I'd feel it's a waste of time :ahha:

Bluelotus
09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
whatever kind of love you wish to send Dinesh send it
the point of the exercise is to make you feel less resentful towards life ...and give you a more positive state of mind.

Dinesh, have a nice day filled with love, laughter and light :b:

It won't be a waste of time to wish some love into another person's day...trust me...it will make you feel better.

give it a try ...wish the Rt Hon charles kennedy a good day :wink: today ... who knows it might become addictive :ahha:

butterfly
09-11-2004, 11:04 PM
"Thinking of someone to love each day keeps your resentment away"

Does it?...but this way arent u pushing urself for more resentment when u dont get back wat u get :think:

arent u setting urself up to more negative feelings by trying to do which is not u

isnt Love a natural feeling which comes to u without any pushing :think:

So each morning when you wake up, pick a person to love

Dunno about Love...its easy when its to share with ppl u care...but strangers...its hard :(

but as u said will try blues...am sure sharing brings in lot of happiness to the person receiving it & satisfaction to the person giving

BTW...a kurunji flower on the way to sweet neelathamarai for giving us such a good idea :b: