PDA

View Full Version : பணத்தை அதிகம் விரயம் செய்பவர்கள ் யார்? m/f?

Priyanka
09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
பணத்தை அதிகம் விரயம் செய்பவர்கள ் யார்? ஆண்களா பெண்களா?
இல்லை எல்லாரும் ஒரே மாதிரி தான்.. பெரிய வித்தியாசம ் ஒன்றும் இல்லையா ... :wink:

Now, share your views.

vasan
09-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Being a guy, its very easy solution for me. Women, of course !!

But if I need to be truthful, I think its an individuals character, and nothing to do with sex. There are men & women who throw away good money for nothing.. Kinda a common trait between the sexes..

But, wait a min.. Did you want truth, or did you want me to 'take a stand and argue?'... :think:

v-

ps: Didn't vote yet.. I would say: Both are about the same.. :wink: but you didn't include that choice there.. :P :P

deepasri
09-22-2004, 07:18 PM
சம்பாதிப்ப வர்களுக்கே பணத்தின் அருமை தெரியும். So, பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!!

So, Don't ask me whether Women are not working and Earning money. Why I said Women? Because, they always want the costliest sarees (ex. Kancheepuram Silk sarees) that they might wear once in a blue moon day. Its a waste of money.

Then comes Cosmetic items. I don't blame women using cosmetics. But they usually spend too much on cosmetics (ex. They will have 8 Red lipsticks and so on... so forth...) which I feel unnecessary.

Again the same thing for Shoes/footwear (10 or 12 pairs) or watches. When you ask they will say that they want to match it for their dress.

So, பணத்தை அதிகம் விரயம் செய்பவர்கள ் பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!!

goodcomplanboy
09-22-2004, 07:31 PM
karthis, can you include an option in the poll for "Both are equal". I would like to vote for that. I have seen my friends (both girls and guys) spending way too much.

jaggy4u
09-22-2004, 08:14 PM
its girls who spend more..if guy spends more it shld be for a girl..
so anyway it is girl... :lol:

yogesh220
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah I would also vote for Its not right to generalise...so it depends...

And Jaggy,

its girls who spend more..if guy spends more it shld be for a girl..

I am not in agreement with you in this point.... I have spent more for myself than for girls... Infact when I am with them, I never let myself pay for them... :):):)lucky me......

madhu_aish1
09-22-2004, 08:21 PM
hmmmm !!!

Guys earn more money and have a craving towards money. so whats wrong in spending a couple of more bucks. If you have money and also the potential to earn more , keep spending them .. atleast i dont feel anything wrong towards it.

BTW i want make sure whether i got the topic right . "விரையம்" ---> spending and not wasting -la

dinesh
09-23-2004, 09:26 AM
I think Vasan was spot on. It definitely depends on individual preferences.

And that is விரயம் not விரையம் :b:

Priyanka
09-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Sorry for the spelling mistake. திருத்திட் டேன் பார்தீஙளா?

என்னப்பா பண்றது? தமிழ்ல எழுதியே ரொம்ப நாளாச்சு! அதனால் இந்த மாதிரி சின்ன spelling mistakes எல்லாம் கண்டுக்காம விட்டுடணும ். Maina இந்த சின்ன ர-வுக்கும் பெரிய ற-வுக்கும் பயங்கர confusion ஆகுது. என்ன செய்ய? :oops: :oops:

vasan
09-24-2004, 12:09 AM
சும்மா விடுங்க கார்த்திஸ் .. :) கேட்டா மெட்ராஸ்ல அப்படித்தா ன் பேசுவாங்கன ்னு சொல்லிடுங் க.. :wink: இதுக்குப்ப ோயி அலட்டிக்கல ாமா? :P :P

Priyanka
09-24-2004, 03:19 AM
சும்மா விடுங்க கார்த்திஸ் .. :) கேட்டா மெட்ராஸ்ல அப்படித்தா ன் பேசுவாங்கன ்னு சொல்லிடுங் க.. :wink: இதுக்குப்ப ோயி அலட்டிக்கல ாமா? :P :P

Hey! இது நல்ல idea-வா இருக்கே! :ahha: ஆமாம் தினேஷ் "விரயம்" கு சென்னை தமிழ்ல "விரையம்"னு தான் எழுதுவாங்க தெரியுமா? வேணும்னா வாசான கேட்டு பாருங்க! He-he-heeeee :D :D

RaasuKutty
09-24-2004, 03:47 AM
வேணும்னா வாசான கேட்டு பாருங்க! He-he-heeeee

ithu thaan chance nnu தமிழ் வாத்தியார் per'a yee maathiteengale...

Meanwhile, even I wud tell that its individual preferences.. Its just that you need to know the right avenues to spend... Whoever gets to know them, spends them happily...

Have fun spending money (Ofcourse our own hard earned money)

Priyanka
09-24-2004, 04:40 AM
வேணும்னா வாசான கேட்டு பாருங்க! He-he-heeeee

ithu thaan chance nnu தமிழ் வாத்தியார் per'a yee maathiteengale...

Meanwhile, even I wud tell that its individual preferences.. Its just that you need to know the right avenues to spend... Whoever gets to know them, spends them happily...

Have fun spending money (Ofcourse our own hard earned money)

Raasukutty! I think you have understood my question wrongly. According to my little knowledge in tamil "விரயம்" is different from "செலவு"! The word "விரயம்" means "wasting money". And therefore my question is not "Who is spending more". My question is who wastes the money more? Male or Female?

Priyanka
09-24-2004, 04:46 AM
சம்பாதிப்ப வர்களுக்கே பணத்தின் அருமை தெரியும். So, பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!!

So, Don't ask me whether Women are not working and Earning money. Why I said Women? Because, they always want the costliest sarees (ex. Kancheepuram Silk sarees) that they might wear once in a blue moon day. Its a waste of money.

Then comes Cosmetic items. I don't blame women using cosmetics. But they usually spend too much on cosmetics (ex. They will have 8 Red lipsticks and so on... so forth...) which I feel unnecessary.

Again the same thing for Shoes/footwear (10 or 12 pairs) or watches. When you ask they will say that they want to match it for their dress.

So, பணத்தை அதிகம் விரையம் செய்பவர்கள ் பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!! பெண்களே!!!

Appo Neenga pandra (Neenga means I did not mean you in particular. I mean gents) cigarette, thanni, soothattam ellam ennappa! Pothu nala sevaiyaa? Ladiesku intha pazhakkam ellam illaiyannu udane neenga argue pannuveengannu enakku theriyum. But as far as India (atleast south India) is concerned it is very rare amoung ladies.

Atleast naanga pattu pudavai nagainnu akka poorvama selavazhikkarom. But you guys not only spoil your own health, but by smoking you spoil others' health too. Ithukku enna bathil solla poreenga?

dinesh
09-24-2004, 08:51 AM
என்னப்பா பண்றது? தமிழ்ல எழுதியே ரொம்ப நாளாச்சு! அதனால் இந்த மாதிரி சின்ன spelling mistakes எல்லாம் கண்டுக்காம விட்டுடணும ். Maina இந்த சின்ன ர-வுக்கும் பெரிய ற-வுக்கும் பயங்கர confusion ஆகுது. என்ன செய்ய?

எல்லாம் உங்க நன்மைக்குத ்தானே தலைவா! இங்கே பிழை விட்டால் திருத்திக் கொள்ளலாம். பிறகு முக்கியமான கடிதங்கள் எழுதும்போத ு பிழைகள் ஏற்படாதல்ல வா ;)

ஆமாம் தினேஷ் "விரயம்" கு சென்னை தமிழ்ல "விரையம்"னு தான் எழுதுவாங்க தெரியுமா?

சென்னையில் பல சொற்களை வேறுவிதமாக த்தான் பேசுவார்கள ்/எழுதுவார்க ள். அதற்காக அது எல்லாம் சரியென்று ஆகிவிடுமா? ;)

RaasuKutty
09-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Raasukutty! I think you have understood my question wrongly. According to my little knowledge in tamil "விரயம்" is different from "செலவு"! The word "விரயம்" means "wasting money". And therefore my question is not "Who is spending more". My question is who wastes the money more? Male or Female?

Karthis,

There is a very thin line between spending and wasting money.. For ex) You go to a Bowling center and have some drinks, some ppl call it spending and some ppl call that its wasting.. You enjoi diwali with Fireworks, How do u classify?? Spending or Wasting... Same with You buy a plate of food and u eat half and throw half??? How do u classify this... This logic applies to everthing..

No one knowingly wastes money..

dinesh
09-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Anyway......friday night, so I guess everyone is excused even if they spend a fortune :)

Priyanka
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Karthis,

There is a very thin line between spending and wasting money.. For ex) You go to a Bowling center and have some drinks, some ppl call it spending and some ppl call that its wasting.. You enjoi diwali with Fireworks, How do u classify?? Spending or Wasting... Same with You buy a plate of food and u eat half and throw half??? How do u classify this... This logic applies to everthing..

No one knowingly wastes money..

Appo mudiva enna thaan solreenga! Panatthai eppadi selavazhicchaalum athu waste illaingareengala! I will not accept your point! Ofcourse spending for entertainment (within limits) cannot be considered as waste of money. But nambaloda thaguthikki meeri evvalavo per they are unnecessarily spending their money! For example buying more and more dresses when you already have plenty of them, cigarette, smoking, liquor (according to me these are terrible waste of money. Nobody can deny that).

RaasuKutty
09-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Karthis,

Spending/wasting is an individual perception... You waste only b'coz of some mistake / miscalculation.. Not knowingly... when u buy more clothes than what is needed, ppl call u lavish or a spendthrift not a money waster..

cigarette, smoking, liquor (according to me these are terrible waste of money. Nobody can deny that).

35% of this world population will definitively not accept to this statement... :ahha: :ahha:

Anyhow, reg the topic, even if its wasting money, its independent of gender...

Priyanka
09-25-2004, 06:13 AM
karthis, can you include an option in the poll for "Both are equal". I would like to vote for that. I have seen my friends (both girls and guys) spending way too much.

Actually I wanted to add this option to my poll. But did not know how to do it! "Edit" nu potta post mattum thaan edit panna mudiyuthu! How to edit the pole? :Ksp: :Ksp:

anainar
09-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Karthis,

Your question itself is a trick question. What is waste for me may not be waste for some one else.

Like businessess, every family has income and expenses. Living within the means without getting into debt is always reasonable to expect from both men and women. Ask me who does not care so much about budget and it will undoubtedly be women. Like if they draw a budget of 1000 rupee for a saree, invariably it will happen that the saree or two sarees cost will be 1500 or more. That is a waste I would say. But if the budget itself is 1500 and sticking within that should not be considered waste, because it is a planned expense.

Men on the otherhand are fairly budget conscious. Atleast grown up men. :wink: :wink: :wink: We know what to buy, whether we can buy and if we want to buy, how much we need and all. Spending on one's passion cannot be considered waste.

So, the definition of waste is ambiguous.முதல்ல அதை க்ரீட்டா சொல்லுங்கோ . அப்பால நமக்கு இன்னா தோணுதோ அத்த ஒரு குண்சா சொல்றோம். இன்னா, சொல்றது பிரியுதா?? இல்லாங்காட ்டி இன்னொரு தபா சொல்றேன். செரியா?? This is Madras Tamil Dinesh. What I caught during my brief stay of 2 years in Chennai. :D :D :D

Cheers

Bluelotus
09-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Well it seems to me that we’ve reached a moot point :think:

Being able to live within one’s budget depends on individuals…and has nothing to do with gender.
I do think that in general women are often portrayed as big spenders, you often hear of some ladies going on huge shopping sprees and maxing out their credit cards. However the same is true for men. They are not immune from spending money on items which to some may seem wasteful.
It has a lot more to do with the current social trends of “buy now pay later” and also with each individual’s will power, than gender.
The definition of “waste” varies from individual to individual…a man may find a saree wasteful while a woman might find cufflinks the same :Ksp:
And if they like the taste of single malt whiskey …let them spend money on it…are they not supporting the economy?

Deepasri,
It is very easy to say that women waste money on Kanchipuram silk sarees, but are you aware that raw kanchipuram silk has a longer life expectancy than humans? :wink:
Seriously, good quality products are worth the price they are charged. For example, you could buy a very cheap saree, but it shan’t last you as long nor will you obtain the same satisfaction from it….
Perhaps sarees are too complex for you…how about shirts… tell me which would you rather spend money on… 3 quite poor quality shirts from Walmart or 1 very good Oxford weave one from Pierre Cardin?
Come on ..bet they are not all red but various different shades of red…just way too subtle for certain colour blind ppl to notice :ahha:

Women are just as good ...in fact even better at balancing the household expenditures than men.

Priyanka
09-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Well it seems to me that we’ve reached a moot point :think:

Being able to live within one’s budget depends on individuals…and has nothing to do with gender.
I do think that in general women are often portrayed as big spenders, you often hear of some ladies going on huge shopping sprees and maxing out their credit cards. However the same is true for men. They are not immune from spending money on items which to some may seem wasteful.
It has a lot more to do with the current social trends of “buy now pay later” and also with each individual’s will power, than gender.
The definition of “waste” varies from individual to individual…a man may find a saree wasteful while a woman might find cufflinks the same :Ksp:
And if they like the taste of single malt whiskey …let them spend money on it…are they not supporting the economy?

Deepasri,
It is very easy to say that women waste money on Kanchipuram silk sarees, but are you aware that raw kanchipuram silk has a longer life expectancy than humans? :wink:
Seriously, good quality products are worth the price they are charged. For example, you could buy a very cheap saree, but it shan’t last you as long nor will you obtain the same satisfaction from it….
Perhaps sarees are too complex for you…how about shirts… tell me which would you rather spend money on… 3 quite poor quality shirts from Walmart or 1 very good Oxford weave one from Pierre Cardin?
Come on ..bet they are not all red but various different shades of red…just way too subtle for certain colour blind ppl to notice :ahha:

Women are just as good ...in fact even better at balancing the household expenditures than men.

I agree with you blues. I just dont know why these men point their fingers on us as wasters of money. As if they do not waste a single money. Take me for example. My husband is really a spend thrift. I will always scold him for spending too much.