PDA

View Full Version : Is death penality necessary.

Priyanka
09-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Hello friends! :sm10:

Vanakkam, Namasthe, good morning/afternoon/evening/night, Salam to all of you.

மரண தண்டனை பற்றி உங்கள் கருத்து என்ன?
Do you think that it is necessary for reducing public crimes. Or do you think that it is inhuman and should be banned?

:sm04: Please share your views here. All are welcome. :sm04:

Bluelotus
09-27-2004, 06:27 PM
greetings to you Karthi :P

No.... it is not needed nor is it a good thing.

can you prove whether countries where the death penalty is a legal have lower crime rates than their counterparts?

think we had this one a long while back :think:
Is Death Penalty Good for Society? (http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3924&highlight=death+penalty)

Ashok_Taurus
09-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Ya offcoz..it is necessary to reduce crimes..infact get rid of it :think: Hm...how to do it ? ? ?

Well the reason is that some people make crimes somewhere which evantually affects some people somwhere who are not at all concerned about it... :00: :00: Honest and good people are mostly the majority of the ones that get affected due to the rules posted against crimes..

So eventually, :Ksp: people are not able to lead a free and peaceful life. So, I strongly suggest that crimes should be eliminated with active measures to make sure good people are not affected at the most ! !

Hope I am to the point :cool: Ashok

RaasuKutty
09-27-2004, 07:48 PM
I do accept the worth of life.. but again it makes absolutely no sense to implement in a poor nation where its tough to improve the living standards of sincere citizens...

In such a case, death penalty is OK.. Its lot of cost to keep these guyz in...

dinesh
09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
I do accept the worth of life.. but again it makes absolutely no sense to implement in a poor nation where its tough to improve the living standards of sincere citizens...

In such a case, death penalty is OK.. Its lot of cost to keep these guyz in...

What a weird argument. Since when can you measure the worth of human life and compare it to the cost of living?

anainar
09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Hello peeps,

This topic was discussed with passion in the following thread..

http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3924

Check that out first. Anything new, add in that topic itself.. It is a humongous thread with everyone writing with such a passion that the computer itself caught fire.. :ee: :ee:

Cheers

RaasuKutty
09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
What a weird argument. Since when can you measure the worth of human life and compare it to the cost of living?

Given X amount of money, the question of how much can the govt do its ppl comes up.. If the govt is not able to feed its sincere citizens, why to keep some prisoners who in their life time have only thought of disrupting peace. Govts need to feed them and employ some ppl to check their living, provide a decent place for them to live.. These facilities might even attract regular citizens...

PS: was filling my self-apprisal form... Contemplated too much on filling a column on out-of-the box thinking.. Now u guyz help me out in the rating :ahha: :ahha:

Priyanka
09-29-2004, 02:57 AM

Given X amount of money, the question of how much can the govt do its ppl comes up.. If the govt is not able to feed its sincere citizens, why to keep some prisoners who in their life time have only thought of disrupting peace. Govts need to feed them and employ some ppl to check their living, provide a decent place for them to live.. These facilities might even attract regular citizens...

PS: was filling my self-apprisal form... Contemplated too much on filling a column on out-of-the box thinking.. Now u guyz help me out in the rating :ahha: :ahha:

Rasukutty! your arguement is really unacceptable. "Death penalty is necessary to reduce crime rate" appadinnu venal sollunga? Oththukkaren. Ennoda arguementum athu dhaan. How on earth can you say cost of living as a mere reason for death penalty. Is it the respect we give for human lives? That can never be an acceptable arguement.

Well! My arguement is death penalty is a must. Thandanaihal kadumai aanal than thappukkal kuraiyum. Ithuve middle-East countriesla ellam paarunga! Avanavan thappu pandratthukke bayappaduvaan. If they ban death penalty janangalukku irukkara konja nanja bayamum poi sauhariyatthukku thappu pannuvaanva.

According to my view Death penalty is a must for rape cases (Atleast in India)

vasan
09-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Blue said : "think we had this one a long while back :think: "..

Is Death Penalty Good for Society? (http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3924)

Phoenix raises again from ashes, huh? I am glad this topic still generates enough passion and written word.. But, all you lovely people, please continue the discussions in the above thread.

Ok? Click the link above and continue.. :P Please.. :pray:

Now this is locked.. Kovam vanthaa ange vanththu thittunga.. :P

Vasan