PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about guys who smoke and drink!

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 03:14 AM
Hey guys and gals!

What is your opinion about guys who drink and smoke! Please share your views here.

ferny
10-15-2004, 04:56 AM
icky

ucky

I'd help them quit smoking for sure. Drinking is okay on occasion.

Do you back me on that priyanka?

Ferny

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Ferny! All our efforts will be futile. Ellam sevidan kaathula oothina sangu thaan. Namba enna thaan karadiyaa katthinaalum avanga kaathula yerave yerathu. Pattal thaan buddhi varum.

All guys in Geetham! If you smoke pleaase pleaaase (to the power of 1000) stop smoking. தயவு செஞ்சு இதை உங்கள் அன்பு சகோதரியின் வேண்டுகோளா எடுத்துக்க ங்க

"நான் ஒண்ணும் chain smoker கிடையாது. என்னால எப்பொ வெணும்னாலு ம் நிறுத்த முடியும்" Ithu thaane neenga solla poRa standard dialogue. If you can stop smoking whenever you wish, then why not today? Oru cigarette smoke panninaalum smoking thaan patthu cigarette kudicchaalum smoking thaan. So pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't smoke.

:sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Naan ippadi kenjinathunaala yaarum maaramaattaanganu theriyum. Aana yaaravathu oruttharukku ithu oraicchu smoking-a nirutthinaalum sandosham thaane!

actuala itha soldratthukku thaan indha topic-a start panninen.

Smoking is one of the main reasons I consider men evil.

vasan
10-15-2004, 05:20 AM
:doh:

PriyaKutty,

Come here for a second and take a good look around.. Smoking is common among men & women (chummaa don't say indian men & women.. and indian men smoke.. so they are evil.. People aren't evil because they smoke... be it a guy or a girl.. ). Share a smoke, chat and engage in conversation.. both boys and girls.. so common...

What would I say?

1) Are you old enough? If not, do you know its illegal?
2) Wait until your are legally old enough..
3) If you are old, I do hope you know what you are doing..

good luck, buddy..

thats it..

When a person wants to quit, we can help. People are already saturated with information. I have nothing more to add to that..

v-

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 05:27 AM
I dont agree with you Vasan. Be it a guy or a girl all those who smoke are evil. Because, when you drink, you only spoil your own health, not others. But if you (you-na naan ongala mean pannalai. pothuvaa sonnen) smoke, you not only spoil your own health, but you also spoil the health of the people around you. What right do you have to spoil others' health?

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 05:30 AM
Share a smoke, chat and engage in conversation.. both boys and girls.. so common...

Appo neenga enna smokingku supporta? Ferny! Partheengalaa naan sollale! Ivanga kitta enna thaan karadiyaa katthinaalum maara maattaangannu! Kadavule avathaaram edutthu vandhaalum ivangalai ellam thirutthave mudiyaathu.

ferny
10-15-2004, 05:39 AM
Vasan, there is no such thing as too much information. Just because it is common, I don't think we should creat social acceptance for smoking. Smoking is a bad habit. I would like to liken it to using illegal drugs. Only in that view can we discourage people from smoking.

Priyanka..you are too right. Smoking hurts more than the preson dragging on the cigar. It hurts everyone around that person. But to go so far saying they are evil is a bit too strong. Evil is a word I reserve for people who commit attrocities that they can avoid. As far as smokers are concerned, they can't help it. They are addicted. Lets help them quit!

Ferny

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 05:46 AM
Evil is a word I reserve for people who commit attrocities that they can avoid.

That is the main reason I consider men evil :evil: The attrocities they commit in the society is too much. Ofcourse not all of them, but most of them. I know that there is a group in our Geetham saying that "Women are evil". It might be a joke.

But I am damn serious. "Men are really evil" :evil:

vasan
10-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Konja neeram karadiyaa kaththaama, sariya pesi paarunga.. :ahha:

Drawing on second hand smoke or passive smoking is bad. I totally agree. Only if you standing really really close to that person, though. Smoking close to children or other non-smokers is not ok. What is wrong in smoking next to other smokers??

If you would keep aside the politically correct talk and think about it scientifically, the concentration of smoke (or things such as nicotine) is far too small for anything.

Probably there are more people killed because of drunken driving than because of passive smoking. Its only in our mind set that this is a hazzard.

All the zillion number of studies done have shown the likelihood of getting cancer or other diseases increase. None have shown one to one correspondence.

Would you consider going around in the sun too much as an EVIL just because it causes skin cancer? Why should you consider smoking as such??

Changing people is alright - no one says anything wrong in preaching good values and morals. But do it when it has some meaning - and not because you are prejudiced. No matter what, unless some one forces you to smoke (passively or actively) that person is not evil. If he or she wishes to smoke - on occassion or as a regular habit - its entirely his or her own business.

Vasan

dinesh
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
What is your opinion about guys who drink and smoke! Please share your views here

What is your opinion about girls who drink and smoke! Please share your views here :ahha:

dinesh
10-15-2004, 09:54 AM
I know that there is a group in our Geetham saying that "Women are evil". It might be a joke.

What do you mean joke? :evil:
It is the guiding principle in life for many of us. You are insulting us now. It is like saying my god does not exist. How insulting for you will it be if I say your god does not exist. We mean every word of what we say. Our thalai silican will confirm this shortly :snooty:

And what do you mean atrocities committed by men? Does this include your male relatives as well, or are they excluded for convenience?

I don't care whether I'm evil or not. Actually for me it'd be a compliment if you say if I'm evil :sm12:

anainar
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Priyankakutty,

We all konw you mean well. Of course it is injurious to health. Passive smoking is a bit exaggerated and if a smoker restricts himself to open air, the chances of him causing health problems for others is unlikely.

As much as I dont smoke, I also dont have any prejudices against them, or to call them evil. If you look at it that way, there are "N" number of habits which can be injurious to oneself. You cant call them evil just because of those habits.

And smoking is not a moralistic issue either. It is a habit like coffee addiction and dont have to thought as immoral either. So, it is better left to individuals to make choices. There is no shred of evidence that relates smoking to domestic violence or violence against women. That is absolute lie.

So, dont call men evil, just because they smoke and drink. We dont call women evil because they shop their husbands wallet out or make food that can literally kill the hubby of starvation. :D :D :D Or nag him to death.. All of us have our own share of devil in us. One famous dialogue goes, "I trust every one, I dont trust the devil inside them". So, every one is evil that way Priyankakutty.

BTW, Dinesh did not joke on women matter. Silix was dead serious when he said so. And he has his own reasons too and many of them I also agree. That calls for another debate though. This topic to tell you that men are not evil. :sm12: :sm12: whether they smoke/drink or not.

Cheers

katteri
10-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Priyanaka Paaaty (o kutty ya )...

Its unfair to call smokers as evil.

Some incidence when i got irritated froma smoker:

1) smoking in 2nd class sleeper train: Despite the request that guy failed to extinguisg the cigar.
2)Smoking in bus
3)smoking in hospital
Ippaadi erichalaa anna makkal than public litigation pottu smoking public is banned nu rule kondu vanthanga..

Govt m ealavu tax pottu parkutha smokimg kuraikku emm ketka mateengurangalee....
Thats surprise among girls if u accept drinking y not smoking....

Even in tamil there is a saying :Mathu, maathu vendaaaa...
They didnt say anything on smoking.....

ashokcsn_2000
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I dont smoke, but here is my opinion on people who smoke. It is incorrect to call a person evil just because he smokes. One cannot be branded good or bad based on a habit that he develops as his own taste and something that is as neutral as smoking. Yes it does affect a person and others surrounding him.... but I am surethat most people know that it is harmful to them (just like many know that high cholestrol is not so good... but continue eating fatty food just for the taste of it) , and one also has to accept that many smokers do understand the injury that they cause to others and avoid smoking in the presence of others or atleast ask if you dont mind. There are a few who just dont care about others... they are the ones who fall in the rouge category.
And one more thing it is crossing the limits if you are forcing others around you to smoke, actively or passively and definitely illegal if you smoke weed or anything else apart from tobacco.

Drinking alcohol is Okk on occasions... just dont go flat out ;) and you are not supposed to use it as a tool to vent out your emotions and use it as an excuse for illegitiate behaviour.

GoodBoy
10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Yarupa athu smoking pathi thapa pesurathu....

Elam anubavichi parkanum...but athuve palakama agida kodathu....

Annena Pennena..Neeyena..Nanena..elam orinam than....hehehe

so smoking is common for all...

kalavum katru mara..athe mathiri than smokinga enjoy panitu vitudanum...ena mathiri..hehehe

Priyanka
10-15-2004, 01:57 PM
And what do you mean atrocities committed by men? Does this include your male relatives as well, or are they excluded for convenience?

I mean all men on earth including my relatives.

Kashtam! Kashtam! Ungalai ellaam thirutthave mudiyaathu. :sm18: :sm18: Unga kitta smoking pathi pesarathellam sevidan kaathula oothina sangu maathiri

GoodBoy
10-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Kashtam! Kashtam! Ungalai ellaam thirutthave mudiyaathu. :sm18: :sm18: Unga kitta smoking pathi pesarathellam sevidan kaathula oothina sangu maathiri

sevidanu therinchu..avan kathula yaru poi sanga oootha sona...athu unga thapu thane :wink:

anainar
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Priyanka,

Was watching CNN news in the morning. An interesting piece that is relevant here..

The alcohol spending of the US is $67 billion a year. To give a comparitive figure, it is equivalent to 300 lac crores of Indian rupee. The average defence budget of India is around 1.5 lac crores Rupee. So we spend less than half of what America spends on alcohol for our defence. So, you brand all the americans as evil? I can understand branding GW Bush as evil but not every american.

Cheers

RaasuKutty
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Smoking and drinking are fun for some ppl in the society and why stop them unless they disturb others.. Habits/morals are just some acceptance levels and they are NOT rules..

katteri
10-15-2004, 02:26 PM
The alcohol spending of the US is $67 billion a year. To give a comparitive figure, it is equivalent to 300 lac crores of Indian rupee. The average defence budget of India is around 1.5 lac crores Rupee

Anainar :
Nambha orru Population oru factor a consider panna ve illaiyeeee...
for an average person nu potta value vultta vaidum...
Anyway its a good stats

vasan
10-15-2004, 02:38 PM
I can understand branding GW Bush as evil but not every american.

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

To each his own.. :wink: For anainar its the W, for many its hollywood, for Priya its all men, for some its the women, and for nearly all, every politician..

:P :P :P :P :P

Peace on earth, and truly good will among all men and women !!

v-

silican
10-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Karthis,
That was so arrogant to say "Men are evil" for smoking reasons. Smoking is evil'nu sollunga, sarinnu mandayattren. adhukkaga Smokers are evil'ngaradhu ellam completely un-acceptable.

நான் சென்னை'ல இருந்தப்போ ஆடாத ஆட்டம் இல்ல. த்ம், தண்ணி எல்லாம் பாத்துட்டே ன். அப்படி என்ன இருக்குன்ன ு எல்லாரும் Try பண்ணறாங்கள ேன்னு ஒரு Curiosity தான். சரியா 3 மாசம் ..எல்லாத்தை ும் தூக்கி போட்டாச்சு . அதுக்கப்பு றம் ஒரு தடவை கூட தொட்டது கெடையாது, never even felt like.

Though Smoking is injurious to health, people never quit. And you can't ask someone to stop. Its completely his/"HER" wish if he/"SHE" can legally smoke. By that I dont mean to say, you can't ask someone to stop it when he/"SHE" smokes near you.

Once I had a fight with a passenger in bus, who was standing outside by my window and smoking. The driver had stopped the bus at a railway crossing and this guy got down with his "sagapadi's" to smoke. He was arguing tht he didnt smoke inside the bus and by law he cant be forced to stop smoking anywhere outside the bus. It was a tough fight but I couldnt afford to lose. Finally some ladies who were sitting in the bus, joined me and so they gave up.

WHO CAN FIGHT WITH A WOMAN :lol: :lol: :lol:

End note : Naan Oorukku vandhu bus'a vittu erangina vodane bus-stand'la dhum vangittu irukkum bodhu, tht guy too came to buy something. Appo naan dhum vangaradha paathu avan morachan paakanume.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Yenda perusa Yokkiyan madhiri bus'la appdi sandai pottiye" idhaan andha look'ku meaning :sm12:

Silican

Priyam2004
10-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Priyanka Kutti (Karthis akka)....

......Smoking/drinking......both are not very good habits...in fact smoking is a very ugly habit and can seriously harm our health (men or women). The numbers of smokers have dramatically decreased over the last few years...so something's going the right way :b: Smoking used to be really fashionable...not anymore....actually it's considered the opposite now! :ee:

Due to many places turning non-smoking (ie: offices/restaurants/public transport/etc) the smokers don't have many places/chances to smoke that much anymore. Also you can substitute this habit by taking up another - ie: chewing gum :D or something! There are many patches/etc that can be purchased in order to get rid of this smoking habit....and these methods have helped and are helping many smokers to cut down. If your friends/colleagues smoke a lot and you hang around them too much, then unfortunately you're a passive smoker....only way to prevent this...kindly ask your friends/colleagues to stop smoking in your presence...but if they don't listen, then there's not much you can do!

Drinking: Excessive drinking is no good either...but more pple (men & women) drink more than smoking. Unlike passive smoking, we (non-drinkers) can hang out with pple who drink, because it won't harm our health in any way. If one wishes to drink...then that is one's wish...let it be men or women!!!!!

As you have specifically asked abt men: Men are not kids...and I'm sure they know what's good & not good for their health...they know what's right from wrong...so even if they tend to smoke/drink a lot in their early ages...most men usually cut down gradually as the years go on. :yes:

PS: Evil....who is evil...??? Neither men or women are evil... :nono: :nono:

vasan
10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
As you have specifically asked abt men: Men are not kids...and I'm sure they know what's good & not good for their health...they know what's right from wrong...so even if they tend to smoke/drink a lot in their early ages...most men usually cut down gradually as the years go on. :yes:

PS: Evil....who is evil...??? Neither men or women are evil... :nono: :nono:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Priyam Kutti.. Well done nalla ponnu.. :b: Athu enna chinnavaysula kudipaanga vaysaanathum niruthiduvaanga? :think: Ellam 'kalyanam aana' sariyaapoidumaa.. :sm12: :sm12: I see...

Priyankakutty.... There are bad habits.. there are evil deeds.. But neither men nor women are evil.. They are just men and women.. :wink: :P

v-

ps: But there are some men, who are pure evil.. Me, for example.. :wink: Quite a nice evil dude.. :P :P

goodcomplanboy
10-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Priyanka kutty'nu peru vechathukku bathil "AgainstMenKutty" nu vechu irukkalaam :sm12: Athu eppadinga entha topic pottaalum men'a thaakure maathiriye podureenga :lol:

Anyways naanum "Kalavum katru mara" policy thaan. Ellathayum try panni 1 month'leye thooki pottachu. So am I evil :think: Smoking is Injurious to health or even you can say evil to your good health, athukkaga smoke panravanga ellam evil solla koodathu.

Smoking/Drinking is a persons individual wish. Its their "freewill" to do or not to do. But we can always lend a helping hand to let them know whats the problem with this. Smoke pannunga or drink pannunga but mathavangalukku problem'a aagama irunthaal athuve pothum.

Enna naan solrathu :wink:

Priyanka
10-16-2004, 04:13 AM
Priyanka kutty'nu peru vechathukku bathil "AgainstMenKutty" nu vechu irukkalaam

Nalla joke! :sm12: :sm12:

aeropillai
11-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi Priyan kutty

It is not the power of 1000.Power of n (n= infinity)

PILLAI

All guys in Geetham! If you smoke pleaase pleaaase (to the power of 1000) stop smoking. தயவு செஞ்சு இதை உங்கள் அன்பு சகோதரியின் வேண்டுகோளா எடுத்துக்க ங்க

"நான் ஒண்ணும் chain smoker கிடையாது. என்னால எப்பொ வெணும்னாலு ம் நிறுத்த முடியும்" Ithu thaane neenga solla poRa standard dialogue. If you can stop smoking whenever you wish, then why not today? Oru cigarette smoke panninaalum smoking thaan patthu cigarette kudicchaalum smoking thaan. So pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't smoke.

anainar
11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Welcome to Geetham Aeropillai.

No one denies that smoking is injurious. It is an addiction that they themselves want to get rid of but some succeed and many fail. Those of you who dont smoke, feel happy for having escaped one of the worst vices. While other vices affect the person, this one affects everyone around you, your loved ones mostly,every day, every cigratte.

Getting rid of it is requires great support by friends and family. More than anything a mental conditioning to quite that.

Cheers

PS: On reading this old post, reminded about the words of Priyam and Vasan teacher. How true Queenie, Neither men nor women are Evil that there evil deeds but not evil persons. So true.. But how about that if some one is evil personified? Like the villi Pallavi in Kahaani Har Gar ki? If you dont know what that it is, it is a soap in India which always interfered with my control of TV and you know who wins, so I ended up watching evil designs of Pallavi and Ekta Kapoor.

suha
11-20-2004, 12:53 PM
PKM.... (guys matumaa smoking and drinking??..why not girls??) :Ksp:
try pannallum thappa??... :think:
illa try panni pakallamei thaan :ee:

acho... chumma sonnein pa...ellorum adika varadhingha :oops:

yogesh220
11-20-2004, 03:10 PM
hey...chinna paiyan thirunthittaan....nimee no thanni... no dhum..........hiya....saving more than 100 bucks per month after I quit them all..............

Actually, I was telling the same dialogue Priyanka kutty athai(!!??)was referring to.... "I am not a chain smoker...I can stop whenever I want....."... but the fact still remains..."Stopping is a long term process...atleast as long as you kick your bucket..."

aanaa Priyanka kutty, naan unga advisai sahoothari sonna advice a eduthukkalai.... athai sonna advice.aa than eduthukitteennnnnnn..:):):):). ..(ponnu theruveengallaa??))

appuram lollypop, try pannu...thappee illai....In fact, I have had all of my girlfriends smoke...and drink...(Back in India...):):)::))

Bluelotus
11-20-2004, 04:21 PM
100$ crickey :think: didn't know it was that expensive

Lolly see it's far too expensive for you anyway...your pocket money shan't cover it....and babe if u even think of taking a puff I'll get the poochandi fellow on you :nono:

Priyanka,
if they want to smoke and drink ...then it's their choice.

I only object to smokers and alcoholics profiting of free healthcare :Ksp:
emphysema, chronic bronchitis, high blood pressure, cirrhosis of the liver and God only knows what else :?

Priyanka
11-21-2004, 06:24 AM
aanaa Priyanka kutty, naan unga advisai sahoothari sonna advice a eduthukkalai.... athai sonna advice.aa than eduthukitteennnnnnn.....(ponnu theruveengallaa??))

Asku busku aitthalakkadi gummaannaanaam. :sm11: