PDA

View Full Version : திருட்டு VCDக்கு காரணம் பொதுமக்களா ? திரைப்படது றையா?

deepasri
10-20-2004, 02:49 AM
Every Actor/Actress in their TV interviews, ask the public to avoid Illegal VCD's. Two weeks back almost all the actors/actress conducted a rally against VCD and met CM in her office. Then CM announced some hard laws against illegal VCDs. But in the meeting she asked the actors/actress to reduce their salary cap.

Now my question is
திருட்டு VCDக்கு காரணம் பொதுமக்களா ? திரைப்படது றையா?

பொதுமக்களே - They are the one watching the Illegal VCD's.
திரைப்படது றையே - Getting outrageous salary by increasing the production cost. High ticket cost etc.,

edit:- I think the title need to change from நடிகர்களா? to திரைப்படது றையா?
So, the title changed

anainar
10-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Deepasri,

It is difficult to pinpoint a single reason. It is a combination of factors. Movie distributors, theater owners, actors are all causes. The movie theaters should be an experience by itself in terms of projection quality and sound quality. If both are not good, people might not want to take the pain of going to theater and watch the movie.

The distributors should make the movie freely available. Instead you have all kind of politics, differential tax rates for different languge movies, filming after 7-8 weeks etc which makes people go for illegal VCDs.

Production cost cannot be a major reason for illegal VCDs. The cost will any way be recovered if the movies went to theaters and people went to watch in theaters.

So, it is a combination and I would not put the actors/production cost as the reason.

Cheers

Priyanka
10-20-2004, 03:37 AM
There are manu causes for thiruttu VCDs

1) Cinema tickets have become too costly and have become out of reach for ordinary citizens.

2) Most of the theatres are not maintained properly

3) Tamil cinemas are not worthy enough to spend a huge amount of money and see in the theatre.

4) Sitting in the house and watching cinema is more convenient than watching in the theatre.

bbabab2004
10-26-2004, 12:49 AM
3) Tamil cinemas are not worthy enough to spend a huge amount of money and see in the theatre.

above reason has no sense in it.
tamil cinema industry is one of the best in whole of south asia. many people know about it.
inspite of big lovers of movies in karnataka, i saw kannada film industry never was
talked in comparision with tamil or telugu. tamil cinema has variety and it is a crowd
pleaser these days.

but for topic question, my answer is both.
but what you tell that cinema actors are charging lot of salary is right. it is true.
they are trying to earn for the rest of their life. ie. 20 years by being in cinema
industry for 2-3 years. it is very bad precedent for youth of our country.
they are the one who will get lost seein people like dhanush who come into cinema
and charge 2 crore for his 4th movie. where it will lead is loss of youth brains.
it is my ideas. ok bye