PDA

View Full Version : Predict the NEW US President : Bush or Kerry?

vasan
10-27-2004, 10:04 PM
CAN YOU PREDICT THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF USA?

Oii.. Geetham .. :P

There are so many astrologers, skyoologists, gemologists, herbologists, micro-biologists, numerologists, star-signologists, moon-signologists, game theorists, poll-analysts, political pundits, prophets and pranksters in geetham.....

Lets see if we can predict the result for the upcoming US Presidential Election.

Vote for (not your choice for president, but) who you think will be the Next US President..

George Walker Bush or John Forbes Kerry

1) VOTE in the Poll ABOVE
2) POST also who you think will win the election..

Poll officially closes 6.00 pm on 1st Nov, PST, with a toast for a wonderful girl who will be celebrating her birthday on that very same day.. :wink:

No politics please, just a game of prediction. Thanks !!

Vasan

vasan
10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
I think W will win.. :think:..

v-

ps: Usually naan predict panninaa athukku opposite-aa thaan nadakkum.. :sm12: :sm12:

anainar
10-27-2004, 10:25 PM
My vote is for "K".

For me too the logic works the opposite. I voted for NDA last time in India and it lost. We are in the same year and my bad luck might get carried forward here also. :sm12: :sm12:

Cheers

RaasuKutty
10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I wish kerry wins but my prediction is W...

My astrology is little different.. I can never predict when my prediction is going to be right and when its going to be wrong :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Ashok_Taurus
10-27-2004, 11:55 PM
My intutions say Bush will win....Lets wait and watch :b:

Teena
10-28-2004, 12:00 AM
Bush wants to win and he is going to win.

anainar
10-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Bush wants to win and he is going to win

Teena, this looks like a convoluted statement with some hidden meaning. You mean W is going to rig the elections like he did last time to be a president by some hook or crook??:sm12: :sm12:

Cheers

coolian
10-28-2004, 12:16 AM
I will win. Who'd like that?

ashokcsn_2000
10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Teena i do agree with you.....

There are again too many irregularitties goingon in florida... 58000 postal ballots gone missing :00: .. and there is very little confidence among the ppl on the actual conduct of the election in Fl.. the democrats are file 6 more law suits on the election process and the irregularities in the state... you have your bro as the governor of the state and that is an added advantage....

let us see where all this leads to..

sri_gan
10-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I want to tie the panel... "K" Wins!!!

goodcomplanboy
10-28-2004, 03:56 PM
enakku ennamo W thaan'nu thonuthu. Without even power, he did all the golmaals in Florida. Ippo kekkave vendaam :ahha:

Priyanka
10-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Rendu perum illai PK thaan win pannuvaanga! :wink:

OK ok serious. I think Kerry will win. I dont want Bush to come again.

coolian
10-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Guess I lost the popular vote.

vasan
10-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Coolian and Nader lost popular vote long before the election.. :P :P

Wonder if their names will be included in the Ballot next time around.. :wink:

v-

ps: Seems like both the candidates are running neck to neck even in Geetham.... Is this a close election or what?.. :00: Woww.. :P

Bluelotus
10-31-2004, 04:38 PM
will be interesting certainly....

I was wondering... :think: say if a certain man ..who I have very firm reasons to belive was dropped on his head several times as a baby..or worse starved of O2....wins....would the alqueda network pull anything? and would the US army and various intelligence agencies, etc and the rest of the world ... stop it in time?

as I'm starting to doubt whether there are any "smart americans" left in that country ..I think gwb will wing it again :Ksp:
and of course you have voter apathy...terrible disease which is affecting the whole of the developed world ...no cures it seems :(

blue.

anainar
10-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Blue,

The latest news is Blair is also planning an early election. Be ready for an ad blitzkrieg promoting him.. :sm12: :sm12:

Another interesting piece of quote which made me laugh is Kerry's one liner, "**** Cheney is the Chief Minister of Misinformation". Man, cant believe how many such Chief Ministers and Prime Minsters we have and we had back home. :sm12: :sm12:

The drama is very good to watch in CNN for the last two weeks. Poll pundits, Lawyers, Rights Activists, Environmentalists, every one except a real common man voter is out there making predictions, how that common man is going to vote. Funny that in a democracy, every one talks for every one else, except themselves. :sm12: :sm12:

Cheers

Bluelotus
10-31-2004, 05:18 PM
yeaaaah... :oops: the thing is imho I doubt whether the brits have much of a choice...rather Tony Blair than Micheal Howard...and frankly Charles Kennedy is certainly not ready to take the helm of the country.
... I doubt he shall ever be ready in his lifetime...
Lib Dem, I am hoping after hope and wishing on several stars that they will at least get to be the main opposition party ...but severe doubts on that one...but sincerely hope that the Tories don't make it ...so I guess that only leaves Labour...and the Green well *cough cough*
:Ksp:

better the devil you know than the one you don't...on this principle bothe Bush and Blair stand to gain an immense number of votes

and kerry just doesn't seem to be rapacious enough.....in this I agree with Teena...you've got to want something very very badly and fight for it ...
nothing is fair in war and love...well same goes for politics.

Teena
10-31-2004, 08:53 PM
Bush wants to win and he is going to win

Teena, this looks like a convoluted statement with some hidden meaning. You mean W is going to rig the elections like he did last time to be a president by some hook or crook??:sm12: :sm12:

Cheers

anaianr, there is no hidden meaning :oops: .I just predicted that bush is going to win. :b:

tinker
10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
With the Washington Redskins loosing the game it seems history is on Kerry's side. How come these guys are this much superstitous and make funs of ppl from other countries ?

katteri
11-01-2004, 01:53 AM
RAAAAAman aanadalum Raavannan aandaalum enak oru kavalai illai

Ashok_Taurus
11-01-2004, 03:48 PM
seriya sonnenga captain .... :b:

rajanand
11-01-2004, 09:07 PM
W stands for Wrong! He is evil like Jayalalitha! If you can vote pls vote for Kerry!

sri_gan
11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Vasan,

Its a tie, There are two states which comes into play one is Ohio....

anainar
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Interesting... Today morning I went purposely to the polling booth in our precinct to get a feel of the election. Unlike long queues as shown in TV in Florida, New York, there was hardly 10 cars in the polling booth. Just two banners, one for Kerry and one for Bush. Not a soul outside the booth. Of course I did not go inside the booth to see the activity. I saw a couple of young women walking towards the booth.

For all the hoopla, Iowans are laidback guys. : :oops: :oops: :oops: Comes no where near the gala and grandeour of General Elections in India which is an event by itself.

As for my prediction, it might come true with Kerry leading Bush by more than 4 points in Ohio and Florida. Tonight is the night to be glued to the TV after I did so in the last general election in India.

Cheers

vasan
11-02-2004, 06:32 PM
For all the hoopla, Iowans are laidback guys.

I know.. !!! :P :P

Wonder if its something to do with the weather. Not only the native Iowans, even people who moved there recently become laid back.. :sm12: :sm12:

Just pagidii... jest..

Vasan

Folks, you can track (as in many other sites too), here, the progress of the poll..

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/

sri_gan
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Folks, you can track (as in many other sites too), here, the progress of the poll..

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/

+

NBC also has the complete election coverage tonight....

RaasuKutty
11-03-2004, 05:16 AM
This is a tight one..

Bush owes a lot to florida..

ashokcsn_2000
11-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Looks like bush is coming out to be the victor... never expected fl to go Bush's way..

suha
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
mmm... I think sooo :think:

RaasuKutty
11-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Thou not officailly announced, its going to be BUSH.. Its very clear.. My prediction went correct :cool: :cool:

Next prediction series can be on who wud be the most strategic axis of evil :ee: :lol:

anainar
11-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Hmmm! Not yet over. Conflicting reports about Ohio. Blackwell is on the record says more than 250,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted. Republican party says only 135,000 to be counted. But the margin is less than the votes to be counted.

I would not want Kerry to concede defeat, just to be looked upon as a statesman. Every vote counts and should be counted. If Bush eventually wins, so be it. But he should not win by pressurising Kerry to concede.

Cheers

sri_gan
11-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Thou not officailly announced, its going to be BUSH.. Its very clear.. My prediction went correct :cool: :cool:

Next prediction series can be on who wud be the most strategic axis of evil :ee: :lol:

Media is still always a mess... till its properly declared BUSH is not going to gain anything.

CNN / MSNBC / FOX all three have three different numbers.

vasan
11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Ladies and Gentleman,

Please Welcome the 43rd President of United States of America !!

Mr. George Herbert Walker Bush

A little after 11.00 am EST, Senator Kerry called President Bush to congratulate him on his victory, and concede the election. The Kerry team decided that the numbers, which ever way you look at it, are not giong to come out in favor of Mr. Kerry.

Mr. Kerry will be making his concession speech at 1.00 pm, EST, from Boston. President Bush will accept the mandate at 3.00 pm EST.

Mr. Bush returns to the WhiteHouse for the Second term, this time winning both the electoral college as well as the Popular Votes.

Congratulations to President Bush :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vasan

ashokcsn_2000
11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Aghh... Kerry called up to concede....

Congrats Mr.BUSH.... on being relected the president... :clap:

Teena
11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooo :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Go Bush!!!!!!!!!! Another 4 years of tough leadership.

Yennoda prediction correct agidhuchu :D :b:

goodcomplanboy
11-03-2004, 06:59 PM
yup, Congrats to Mr.Bush

My prediction was right :)

Shy
12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
:poda: :poda: :poda:

Shy

dinesh
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Are you OK maami? Don't go out during snow storms, they do things to your head :ahha:

Shy
12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Are you OK maami? Don't go out during snow storms, they do things to your head :ahha:

Romba thaan....

:evil: :00: :wawa::wawa::wawa::wawa:

Shy

Minnie
12-18-2007, 02:25 AM

Romba thaan....

:evil: :00: :wawa::wawa::wawa::wawa:

Shy

:sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12::sm12: :sm12::sm12: