PDA

View Full Version : philips webcam problem

hesang
11-19-2004, 11:44 AM
hello,
i have reinstalled win98SE and my webcam and when i put the webcam on,it shows a black screen and it is also showing a message that it is functioning properly.it is fo
cusing the images clearly in other softwares like spotlife, but shows a black screen in any me
ssenger.the luminosity and contrast level are low by default,even when i cha
nge it ,it comes to low position again.i use windows 98SE and my webcam is philips ToUcam Fun and it is PCVC 730k. any method to rectify it.

thankyou.

silican
11-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi hesang,
Looks like your cam is working good. The problem is with your Messenger settings.

1) Check if the Messenger version you are using is compatible with your Operating System, as you are using Win 98SE which is somewhat out dated. If not, use an old version that is compatible with your OS.
2) check your webcam settings in Messenger. By default the video source should be any webcam connected to the USB port. But at times when you use some software like DVD ripper, ASF Editor VCD cutter or AVI joiner, some softwares make Messenger choose the Video as the stream source and over rides the default settings. So check with your Messenger Settings.

Silican

hesang
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
i tried to change webcam settings in my yahoo messenger, i find that the luminosity and contrast level are in low position , i could not change it because after i regulate it i should suppose to click the apply button , but the apply button is in disable mode.i also tried uninstalling the avisplitter