PDA

View Full Version : Kanchi seer sexual allegations!

rajanand
11-30-2004, 06:48 PM
What do you guys think about it?

Priyanka
11-30-2004, 06:51 PM
no comments. Its really hard to believe.

coolian
11-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Well he's been a controversial character for quite a long time now...I was hoping that there wouldn't be any sexual allegations whatsoever but...that's the case now. My respect level's going down...down...down...

shivadev
11-30-2004, 07:06 PM
he has to be punished, if he really did it means, bcoz by seeing the situations and the people who are confessing like anuradha ramanan, she is a great writer and there is no need of her to accuse on jeyendrar, lets see what court finalises, if he is really accused and conviced, he has to be punished, because there is no difference between a poor and a rich or big and small infront of the court law...
siva

shiam_saran
11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Man.. there is nothing to say. We cannot expect something great from an ordinary man under the pretext of a Sanyasi.. I never believed in these guys, so its not a great shock to me. Its good to see people like Anuradha coming out and disclosing his deeds. He has to be punished. Seeing all this, people should realize.. one can search salvation in GOD alone and not in the hands of these miserable people. It good that he is caught...

Shiam

Ashok_Taurus
11-30-2004, 07:27 PM
crap...what the heck is going on?:( :( cant believe all this stuff ! !

coolian
11-30-2004, 08:04 PM
This is what one calls "அவமானம் to the max".

RaasuKutty
11-30-2004, 08:06 PM
even I am not able to beleive it..

The same writer could have reported it when it happened.. I saw this news on dinamalar yesterday noon but the clip wasn't there in the evening.. Thought it was a hoax..

Anyway, letz see what happens///

shiam_saran
11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Raasukutty.. If you watch Sun News from indiamoviezone.net, they say she reported but there was strong pressure and black mailing from Jayender... thats why she had to keep quiet.

Shiam

anainar
11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Man!! These people!! Cant believe how low they can stoop to just for nailing a guy.. Fighting the Govt machinery is such a problem that even highly connected person would find it difficult..

Prosecution said they are searching for a lady in connection with the case and she is absconding. But she is very much in town, conducts a press conference and it turns out that she is a cancer patient recieving help from the mutt. Then the confession bomb which is refuted by Seer through Sushma.

This case is a foisted one and Prosecution could not come with a coherant set of events even hypothetically and every story of them is being refuted. What are they going to prove?

This writer is another case!! Why should she keep her mouth shut so long only to open when this thing happens? I can understand an illiterate girl being scared of law. How can such a learned person keep quiet of such abuse but complain now?

Nothing adds up. If at all I lost respect for anyone it is JJ and Tamilnadu police. One thing they failed to collect evidences before embarking on sensationalism. Second they have failed to put even one coherant conspiracy theory for the case. They are scratching their backs now. The last news is that the FIR itself might be quashed by the HC for lack of evidence. If that happens, it will be a big slap on the so called law machinery and police.

Cheers

vasan
11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Ms. Anuradha Ramanan is not some random person who is given to such antics. She has been a notable writer and I don't think we can trash her complaints easily. Especially if she had made the complaint earlier but it got buried by other interests. She is not demanding money, she does hardly need any attention, and even so this is not the kind of attention you would want... Its not exactly Kobe/hotel worker story, is it?

Sexual abuse is not an easy thing for a woman even in western countries. And inspite of her being a popular author, if she makes a complaint, it would be near impossible to prove anything and no one will care. I can perfectly understand the dilemma here.

The last news is that the FIR itself might be quashed by the HC for lack of evidence. If that happens, it will be a big slap on the so called law machinery and police.

The case might be doomed, but is that the truth? If the law machinery and police could not prove it, it does not mean they construed a completely false case out of vested interests, it might only mean they were not able to prove it. Very rarely did the police ever prove any thing on any one popular, however much columns have been written about crimes or activities.. What failed in such cases might be justice and truth. (For example: so far as I know, there not one person who does not believe that Ms. JJ is corrupts and has gathered enough of money through illegal means. Tons of cases have been filed.. Did any one prove?? Is Ms. JJ innocent? Or is the law impotent? Or people handling things buried it somewhere?? Who can answer?)

I have no idea if the seer is guilty or about the 'evidences'. He is innocent until proven guilty. But in the case of Anuradha ramanan, its only a she said/he said thing.. and should not be dismissed that easily.

jaggy4u
11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
ya Anuradha Ramanan is a notable writer, she is one of the writer who rose all the way from ashes, reading her life any women will get empowered. Such a notable writer wont utter anything for cheap publicity. its really sad that still she suffers in her age. She is the women, who has a real social cause in her mind. So brushing aside her allegations, either by the press or by the people will only reflect the mindlessness, unmaturedness on religion matters and the so called matt gods.
"Neruppillamal pugayathu" nnu solluvangha illa...people shld remember that, my fear is no big news shld overtake this and give way for the culprit to escape the law.
Lets c , God is the player of the game, he will reveal his final coin..:)

gokulan42
12-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Anuratha is a great writer and we cant ignore her accusations... My respect for Jayendrar gone down by miles. However, that would not be an excuse for the unreasonable behaviour of the TN police & government. What was the reason for not granting bail, when such popular personalities like JJ, lallu, & Karunanithi are outside.

anainar
12-01-2004, 01:58 AM
The case might be doomed, but is that the truth? If the law machinery and police could not prove it, it does not mean they construed a completely false case out of vested interests,

So, does it mean if the Police file a case and defame a person for the heck of it, do we consider them guilty? This is precisely the problem! Judgement by the press and reporters. The corruption of JJ was flaunted mindlessly. Every one saw that. But, do we all know what the facts are as far as the Seer is concerned? Every story put forward by the prosecution falls flat. I am not a brahmin or a vested interested guy in the Matt. Here are the stories put forward by prosecution..

1. Arrest in midnight was warranted because the Seer had a heilcopter ready to fly him to Nepal. Nepal is more than 3000 kilometers and there are no civilian helicopters that can fly that range. Besides the airspace is monitored by Airforce and not one copter can leave without having prior permissions.

2. They said the mutt has paid huge money to a lady and she is absconding. It turns out that she is in Chennai, drove down personally to appear before the court and said she is not absconding. She seems to have cancer undergoing treatment for which the mutt has paid the money.

3. Three accused have said the police made them make confessional statements.

4. The Public Prosecutor uses an inadmissible evidence of confession in the court, just for sensationalisation which was refuted later.

I do have respect for Anuradha as well as Seer. The mere fact that Anuradha Ramanan is a notable personality does not mean we take everything on face value. I am not mindless or unmatured as called by Jagga. I for one try to see the truth and not weigh the reputation of the person. After all every one is human.

The seer might not have been innocent. Only thorough scrutiny of evidence can prove that. And I am not religeous person at all. I see every one to be treated equally before law. Unfortunately that is not the case in the case of Seer. The police did not do their homework and instead embarked on a sensational case. The administration goofed up big time. That is a fact.

Interestingly there is another similar case going on in Mumbai. One social activist called Teesta Setlavad has been accused by one of the victims of Godra that she was made to make false depositions in turn for money and favours. Similar case legally!! Third party confessions about a murder. No other evidence. And the court has denied arrest by police and have made an order saying Teesta should be given 72 hours notice before arrest. So, does a social activist has different set of law for themselves??

Cheers

vasan
12-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Anainar,

Rrr... please forgive me if I sounded accusative... :sm03: I don't mean to imply that you have a vested interest or any thing remotely that sort..

All I am trying to say is, in a high profile case such as this, no matter what the police does, there is always the question: Is it the truth?

I have no idea if the Seer is guilty of what Ms. Ramanan accusing him. I don't know if she is lying. There is no basis on which, right now I can make my mind on. All I can say is, its possible for either one of them to be true - or the third option of Ms. Ramanan wrongly taking into account something the Seer did could be true too.

The reason a case wins in court is not just because of what the police can do. There is the prosecutor who stands up in court and says on record that the seer confessed. I am not judging the seer based on reports, but on what the police is saying in court under oath. Now, they may not be able to prove it legally. May be those evidences are not allowable. But should I say what is legally provable in the court is the only truth? If the prosecution bungles up the case, does it mean the Seer is innocent? If it succeeds, does it mean, he really intended or committed what he is being accused off??

In a case that involves circumstantial evidences such as this, its very hard to know what is true and what is not. The police have a duty to examine evidences as impartially as possible, and proceed based on what it suggests or shows. Thats all. If they can prove it in court and obtain justice, its great. If not, what can any one do? No justice, except the justice of time is really true...

The Seer may be guilty of everything that everyone is accusing him, or perhaps, he is only guilty of a few things. But according to law he is innocent until the prosecution proves otherwise. In truth what he is, only he and the people involved know.

Vasan

goodcomplanboy
12-01-2004, 03:01 AM
Arrest in midnight was warranted because the Seer had a heilcopter ready to fly him to Nepal. Nepal is more than 3000 kilometers and there are no civilian helicopters that can fly that range. Besides the airspace is monitored by Airforce and not one copter can leave without having prior permissions.

I guess, if a 72 hour notice was given, would have created a lot of chaos in Tamilnadu and most probably the Police will be in a problem, when they try to do the same. This is not just in the seer's case, but also in all the leading political leaders. Even Karunanidhi was arrested during midnight. Do you think, if you give 72 hours of notice and go to Karunanidhi's place, will police be able to arrest him. NO WAY !!!

My guess is, the same applies in the seer's case. Police cannot give such a reason in the court and obviously they had to come up with some other reason.

I am still not sure, whether all these allegations are true. But lets wait and see, what happens next. Every day I open the news site, I am getting one new twist to the story and more and more allegations. Dont know where all these are going to end-up.

Did the seer really accepted for the Sankarraman case??? I dont know what to believe and what not to.

PS: A confused GCB :00:

Priyanka
12-01-2004, 05:24 AM
Somehow I am not able to believe what anuradha ramanan says. Might be someone would have threatened her to do so, or she must have taken advantage of the present situation. Due to so many reasons she must have got some personal grievances against Acharya. What I say might be childish. But that is what I strongly believe. Ethaavathu saadhaaranai woman solliyirundha nambiyirukka mudiyum. No one would dare to harass a very famous writer such as Anuradha. Evvalavu periya rowdiyaa irundhaalum, pathirikkaiyila ezhudhiduvaangannu oru moral fear irukkum.

jaggy4u
12-01-2004, 06:08 AM
I strongly feel tht every1 shld be treated equally b4 law...An ordinary citizen, will be treated even worse than our so called Acharya...he needs Airconditioned prison, luxury toilet, tastier food? common he is a Acharya, he shld learn to live with this ordinary things in prison just like any other persons..I definitely knew after creating sensation, they will ditch the case, but our hero's reputation is gone..no way he can be the same old guy..I guess this incident has awakened so many mad followers, thirunthuvaangha nnu ethir parkalam, good for Tamil Nadu, good for country...
Anainar, we knew how cases will be proved against big personalities in India..None of the political leaders of all these 50 years have been proven guilty and been in Jail for long term, althought every1 knows how corrupt they are and how many criminal cases they are nnu...the intelligent thing wat Acharya's lawyers were doing is (remember, Jethmalani(highest paid lawyer in India) and his daughter), they are not asking for CBI Enquiry..they are asking to transfer the case to different state, saying he is national personality...they want to break the evidence 1 by 1..they already started...Media make a hype i agree, but the guy in jail doesnt have a clean track record too from the day he came to mutt..media has been protecting him for all these years, now atleast they get some facts, and infact lot of bias in tht too...we know why...at the end of the day our so called acharrya will come out, saying all are false allegations...1 year iluthuttu..they will close down...

anainar
12-01-2004, 01:22 PM
thirunthuvaangha nnu ethir parkalam, good for Tamil Nadu, good for country

What has happened in the case of Seer is not good for the country. It has shown how the State machinery can bring down an institution on filmsy grounds, create a sensation and cause irreparable damage. Like you said, "Neruppa illaam pugaiyathu", judgement seems to have been passed already by general public. If after litigation and trial, it is proved that Seer is innocent, the argument is, "what crime gets proved in India?" Does it mean, the Seer is guilty already or what?

It used to be a game played by Politicians to take the opponent to jail. The only mistake this Seer did is to be socially active. Of all the Seers, he is the one who have shown eagerness to bring Dalits under the fold of the Mutt. When he had difference of opinion with the Senior seer some time backy, did not hesitate to express it. He is the one who expanded the activities of the Mutt for social causes like charities and hospitals.Shankar Nethralaya became one of the premiere Eye Hospital under his tenure. Other Acharyas were content being religious heads. This man is a mix of religion and social cause. I did not see anything wrong in it. Looks like some people saw that wrong. Even those in the Mutt. Any one with Social minset makes enemies, some times powerful enemies. That is what has happened in the case of Seer.

Basically we see Hindu religion as a thing to be detested. One can chose not to believe it, but that does not mean who follow it are wrong and need to "thirunthanum". It does not have to be. If good things can be done by religion, so be it, as long as there are no ulterior motives to it. Shankar Nethralaya treats every one equally and does not preach Hinduism to the patients.

There is more than what meets the eye in this case. Do not pass judgements already. We have been doing that mistake time and again to suit our prejudices.

Cheers

Priyanka
12-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Though I initially believed the charge filed against the seer, now I have my own doubts. I strongly believe that Jayalalitha has some role to play in this issue. This issue has not only shattered the image of Acharya but of Kanchi matt on the whole. Even the image of Hinduism has gone down before other religions. Jayalalitha will surely pay for it. 'Deivam ninru kollum', 'Darmatthin vazhvu thanai soodhu kavvum, iruthiyil dharumame vellum'. Athanaal ethu unmaiyo athu veli vandhe aagum. I strongly believe in this.

shiam_saran
12-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Priyankakutty...

"Even the image of Hinduism has gone down before other religions".. I wouldnt agree to this.. Just because the people who preach it are bad doesnt mean that hinduism has lost its charm. People like Seer cannot just change the fate of Hinduism.. so we should only be concerened about the MUTT. Its been like a tradition for so long.. now in the present days we see it in the hands of bad people. Thats the one I am worried about...

Shiam

jaggy4u
12-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Every1 is worried abt so called Acharya being arrested, but no one cares for the guy who was murdered inside the temple, he is an Hindu too, does his soul needs peace?
PK, I understand as acharya follower how ur feeling

jaggy4u
12-02-2004, 12:47 AM
1. Arrest in midnight was warranted because the Seer had a heilcopter ready to fly him to Nepal. Nepal is more than 3000 kilometers and there are no civilian helicopters that can fly that range. Besides the airspace is monitored by Airforce and not one copter can leave without having prior permissions.

But the plan was to fly from Mahbubnagar to Pune and then to Abroad, you havent read the police statement fully, I guess flying from Mahbubnagar to Pune doesnt need a range...
The solid proof for the flight plan is there, the helicopter was filed for Hyderabad to the Mahbubnagar ashram (where the Shankaracharya was staying when he was arrested) and from Mahbubnagar to Pune.

anainar
12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Pune and then to Abroad

Pune does not have an international airport. It has to be either Bombay or Chennai. That is again another wrong statement to make.

Yes, we do bother about the guy who is murdered inside the temple. But does it mean that nail some guy and use that murder to settle some scores? Instead of going after the real culprit, they have sensationalised the issue.

I am not saying Seer is above law. I am saying the Law is not applied properly in arresting him. It smacks with reasons for me to believe that the law is being abused to settle some scores which is wrong.

Cheers

jaggy4u
12-02-2004, 01:30 AM
I am not saying Seer is above law. I am saying the Law is not applied properly in arresting him. It smacks with reasons for me to believe that the law is being abused to settle some scores which is wrong.

Cheers

The police have taken utmost care. With folded hands they told the Shankaracharya that 'we are sorry but we will have to arrest you.' Obviously, he got very wild. He asked, 'What do you mean?' The police said they believe he is involved in a murder. He said, 'How dare you say this blasphemous thing?' When the police insisted, he said, 'I'll not go. Tell Jayalalithaa to talk to me.'

After that, for 10 minutes he talked to his deputy (Vijayendra Saraswati). He then voluntarily got up and went with the police. In the jail, his food is cooked by a Brahmin constable. He is allowed to do puja. He is provided with all the puja samgri. He is treated with reverence in custody too. All the wild allegations about his mistreatment in the jail are untrue.

This is the reply by the TN Govt lawyer in court...wat else care needs to be taken to arrest him..
a special flight, a long wait, a brahmin cook, permission to do puja..wat else you want him to give tht too in jail..

shivadev
12-02-2004, 07:49 PM
hahaha good discussions are going on, i am happy to see this....first Jayalakshmi, avalai marakka Veerappan, avarai marakka Jayendirar, ivarai marakka yaar???? oru periya kottai chinna kodaa azhikkaama maathanumna, athaivida oru periya kodu podanumnu solluvanga illaya? athuthan ippo inga nadanthukitu irukku.....ithilum anuradha ramanan poi uraikka avasiyame illatha oru penmani....entha alavukku manavedanaiyai anubavithu iruppar oru aan thunai illatha penmani paaliyal reethiyaga thollai anubavikka nerumbothu endru parkavendume thavira...avarai kutram solvathu ....hmmmm neengale koditta idangalai nirappikollavum.....

shiv