PDA

View Full Version : FEMLab anyone?

yogesh220
12-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Geetham friends,

Anyone working with [highlight=red:f149201b76]FEMLab[/highlight:f149201b76].... the Finite Element Modelling Labaratory?... I would have to...

Thanks.

shivadev
12-07-2004, 08:20 AM
what is that? is it like ansys yogesh? what u wanna do in FEM? may i know?

katteri
12-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Wht do u want yogi. ????

yogesh220
12-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your responses Shiyadev and Katteri.

I want to model wave propagation phenomenon in elastic with multiple sources creating these wavefronts simultaneously, their interference pattern, etc., for which I have to use FEMLAB, which I had already got from Comsol.com.

I thinik it is also something like ANSYS... And now I am learning the software to do the finite element modelling.....

krishng
12-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Yogi, Femlab is good for these kind of modelling. i heard that there are some bugs in the software. so its better to go for something for which the codes can be self written according to your specification.

u can get this femlab software for free that too directly from femlab. if u ask them, they will send u the software. the samething i did it. since this software has so much problems, i have started with some other software for which the code was written by me. but that software is only for my application.

cheers.

katteri
12-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Yogesh,
Looking at the situation: I think the dynamic model is moe appropriate.
Ansys holds good for static loading ,Ansys predominanlty holds good for structural analysis..
I have nt done analysis on elastic bodies.

What is the purpose of the model?
Is it to analyse the vibrations in the model?
or just a visual model ?

If u r doing a FEM:
Remember to select appropriate element : it depends on geometry of the product you have considered? if u r model looks like a thin sheet shell element should be your first choice.
Second dont forget to validate the model by changing element(go for higher order element) and increasing the mesh size.
Surprisingly in most of the cases u ll find different solutions.
Do the iteration until the difference in the results is less than 10%.

yogesh220
12-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Thanks Krishng and Katteri.... Krish, I have got the Femlab software for this purpose.... Money is not at all a problem... but writing the code myself will take a hell lot of time for me since I am not a computer expert and again I have to use some software like this to validate my results.....

And it is not just for visualisation purposes..... it is going to be a part of my project...

Yeah it is going to be a dynamic modelling and am going to analyze the vibrations in the model...especially the interfernce patterns of these vibrations....

And I will keep both of your advices in my mind while I am using the same..... :):):)

Right now, I have just started learning it and will bug you guys with specific questions later... Beware of Yogesh........... :):):)

shivadev
12-09-2004, 06:36 PM
well Yogesh
for dynamic analysis u can go for LS-DYNA which is an ansilary module of ANSYS now...