PDA

View Full Version : Kaadhal - Review

krishng
12-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Balaji Sakthivel who made that racy entertainer Samurai is back after a hiatus with Kathal, which he says is a real life incident that touched his heart. This love story is as old as the hills but the presentation and characters stay in your mind after you leave the hall. The lead pair of Bharath and Sandhya along with a battalion of talented supporting cast makes the film a delight. The first half is racy and has depicted the Madurai milieu convincingly.

Aishwarya (Sandhya), a 12th standard student is the daughter of a local thug who also owns wine shops in Madurai town. Her family dotes on her but she takes a liking for Murugan (Bharath), a mechanic and confesses her love to him. Murugan is a hard working illiterate guy from the slums.

One day after her parents fix her marriage, the lovers decide to elope. They reach Chennai and seek help of Murugan’s close friend (Sukumar). After some initial problems the lovers tie the knot but soon the run-away’s are traced and taken back on the promise that they would be forgiven. But there is a brutal twist in the story. Will they unite?

Kathal is sure to leave a lump in your throat and the film is totally character driven. Bharath has improved leaps and bounds as an actor and he has come out with a natural and subdued performance. It is hard to believe that Sandhya is a debutant and she is a scene stealer. The tragic quality that she invests in the role makes her performance an absolute knock-out.

The rest of the cast are all making their first appearance on screen like Aishu’s father (S.Dandapani), Chittappa (Krishnamoorthy) and all are top class. The 7-year-old boy (Arun Kumar) who is an assistant of Murugan in the workshop is simply terrific. The comedy track of Sukumar, the Vadivelu look-alike is refreshing.

Vijay Milton’s camera, Joshua Sridhar’s music and G.Sasikumar’s editing adds richnes to Kathal. On the whole Balaji Sakthivel brings savvy freshness to the form, hitherto unexplored in this film produced by Shankar. Here is a movie that speaks from the heart.

Verdict: Good

krishng
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
S Pictures is the banner of ace director Shankar and his maiden venture as a producer is Kathal, a soft romantic film that has Boys fame Bharath and a new girl Sandhya in the lead. All areas of the film have been sold out, something unique for a film with an all new star cast.

Kathal is directed by Balaji Sakthivel, a former assistant of Shankar who has done Vikram’s action film Samurai earlier. Balaji says that Kathal is about calf love in the life of two teenagers and it is based on a real life incident in Madurai. Those who saw the sneak preview of the film is raving about it.

The trade feels that Kathal has the potential to turn into a big hit as the promos look very impressive and it has the Bharathiraaja classic,Alai Oyvathillai look about it. The subject has rural theme and the five peppy songs are tuned by Joshna Sridhar, a former assistant of A.R.Rahman.

New girl Sandhya is a Vidyodaya student and is aid to have come out with a matured performance. After Shankar saw the film he hugged Balaji and said”I wish I had made this film and it really touched my heart”. Kathal was released on December 17 worldwide.

Shy
12-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Intha padam parkanumnu irukku.. thanks for the review GGG..

:)

Shy

jaggy4u
12-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Geetham la eppo varuthu inthaa padam..

ilan
12-27-2004, 11:10 PM
புதிசு பாலா புதிசு

jaggy4u
01-03-2005, 12:54 AM
wow..i watched this movie today, i love it simply...excellent movie in tamil after some time, really enjoyed it...yatharthamana padam..pakkathu vittula nadakkara madiri irukku, this movie really rocks..its going to be a big hit i bet...hero and heroine and other casts chancey illa...all looks natural in their acting...dont ever miss this movie when its releases in geetham...full marks to the director... :b:

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 01:53 AM
So why dont you get a copy for us, and post it here jaggy? ;)

jaggy4u
01-03-2005, 02:33 AM
There is a Team in Geetham to do tht prasan its not my job :D
If you are eager request them to release it sooner :P

summah
01-03-2005, 03:12 AM
I watched this movie yesterday.....oh my god!!!! its such a such a lovely movie....so realistic...it really made me cry during the climax....each and every character has done so good....the madurai slang......especially the hero and heroine...toooo good.....there are no words to say about this movie....its a MUST SEE movie....within two days i have watched this movie 4 or 5 times....its really worth, seeing this movie.....DON'T EVER MISS THIS MOVIE.....The director has really given a superb movie.......

summah
01-03-2005, 03:13 AM
I watched this movie yesterday.....oh my god!!!! its such a such a lovely movie....so realistic...it really made me cry during the climax....each and every character has done so good....the madurai slang......especially the hero and heroine...toooo good.....there are no words to say about this movie....its a MUST SEE movie....within two days i have watched this movie 4 or 5 times....its really worth, seeing this movie.....DON'T EVER MISS THIS MOVIE.....The director has really given a superb movie.......

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Come on guys, you are tempting me too much... hey Geetham team, why dont you post up the movie here soon? Oh, soon please. By the way, how did "summah" at USA saw the movie that soon!

cselva
01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
After reading the review I am also waiting to watch the movie.Hope it would be released in Geetham soon.

Shy
01-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Guys, the movie will be released in geetham this week :b:

Shy

Priyanka
01-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Ithula enna puthusaa irukku! Athe formula story thaan. Though I did not see the film yet, from Krishng's review I believe that it will be usual story only. Etthanai padam parthaacchu indha maadiri! Namba thamiz pada directors ellaarum yen kadivaalam potta kuthirai maadiri ore maadiri sindhanaiyoda padam edukkaraanga. Kathal kathal kaathal... ivvalavu thaana? Ithai thaandi ivangalaala sindhikkave mudiyaatha? :doh:

Thats why I hate watching tamil movies. :sm19:

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Miss PK, Kaadal is a very general human feeling which has many dimensions. And a whole lot of lofty feelings are attached with kaadal. Like sacrifice, like perseverence, like dedication... a lot more. People can't live without love.

But ofcourse, the sort of love we see in movies are not totally practical, it is not exactly what happens in our day to day life. But a movie is just the way used to highlight certain special moments in our day to day life, those certain special moments that are normally passed unnoticed by us. Sometimes, those moments are exaggerated, sometimes they are stressed.... but this film காதல் seems to have captured it without any exaggerations or stress... it is just pulling out certain emotional moments from one's life and showing you only them for a time.

Right, look at Holywood movies. What have they got other than love? Well, first thing, their love is more an outward feeling, coz there is a considerable amount of sex involved in their love. But to us, love is just emotional. Well, other than love hollywood have got crazy fights, supernatural elements, and science fiction. We cannot do that because we are a poor country with a local market.

But there is only one thing that indian films can do, but dont. It is producing animation movies. I greatly appreciate pentamedia and Sujatha for being pioneers in this direction, but somehow this does not catch up.

One more reason why we like English movies better is because of this damned americanization. I am being more and more americanized each day, you are being americanized too, and so does everyone else... it is because the world shrinks more each day... that can't be avoided. It is almost inevitable that in next hundred years, other cultures or traditions will all lose its glamour, and everybody will be kind of american.

But! But, our culture will always be preserved as an history! Our children, or their children will look at films like this, and wonder. And may be after a long time, they will realize what they have lost, and then come back. Coz history repeats itself.

Ah, raving...

Priyanka
01-03-2005, 08:05 PM
I accept that there is no life without love. But I won't accept that love alone is life either. I am not saying that there should not be any love subject at all. Ethanai naal thaan indha maadiri padangalai paakkarathu solli kathal, sollaama kathal, odi pora kathal, appa ammakku therinja kathal theriyaatha kathal..... Podhum podhum! I will not accept your statement Prasanna. Kathalai thavitra ivangalukku ellaam onnume yosikka theriyaathu.

Kathal illaama, that is kathalukku mattume importance kudukkaama Tamillaiye evvalavo padangal vandhirukku. For example Virumandi, AE, Kanavu meipada vendum etc. etc. Andha maadiri innum niraiya yen padam edukka koodaathunnu thaan kekkaren.

Athuvum, ambilaingalukku morality-e thevai illai. Avanga enna thaan porukki thanam panni oorai sutthinaalum, avangalai kathalikka vendiyathu ponnoda thalaiyezhithungara maadiri ellaam padam edukkaraanga. Latest example for that is 7G Rainbow colony. Ennaala ithai accept pannave mudiyualai. Oru porukkiya poyi eppadi oru ponnu kathalippa!

summah
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
hello prasan,
One of my friend had that movie....and that's how i watched that movie....

this movie clearly shows the plus and minus about love......we should take this movie in a positive sense rather than negative sense....this movie shows the difficulties, when lovers elope from their house blindly without any idea of their life..............it may be the same story but the way it is presented is very realistic........the picturization ,the characters , the dialogues ( the madurai Tamil)...etc...overall this movie is a good movie......

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I accept that there is no life without love. But I won't accept that love alone is life either.

Yup. Ofcourse. But even when you give us a cocktail containing love and other things, love is more dominating in that, ain't it?

Kathal illaama, that is kathalukku mattume importance kudukkaama Tamillaiye evvalavo padangal vandhirukku. For example Virumandi, AE, Kanavu meipada vendum etc. etc. Andha maadiri innum niraiya yen padam edukka koodaathunnu thaan kekkaren.

Athuthan neengalae sollitteengalae, kaadal mattumae illai thamizh padangalil... matravaiyum irukkinrana. Enna, kaadal konjam adhikamaga irukkirathu, avvalavae ;)

What about the film "Bharathi"! There, the film was dominated by the character Bharathiyar. That film had love too, but there was a person, a giant, in that film who could dominate love. But in most films, we dont have such a dominant person, and love dominates normal people...

Athuvum, ambilaingalukku morality-e thevai illai. Avanga enna thaan porukki thanam panni oorai sutthinaalum, avangalai kathalikka vendiyathu ponnoda thalaiyezhithungara maadiri ellaam padam edukkaraanga. Latest example for that is 7G Rainbow colony. Ennaala ithai accept pannave mudiyualai. Oru porukkiya poyi eppadi oru ponnu kathalippa!

Sila ponnunga manasa mattum pakkaranga PK ;)

Ofcourse, we dont see many such cases in real life, where a girl loves a porukki. We call it absurd only because it does not happen before our eyes in real life. But such things do happen. One of my college fellows was loved by a fellow girl, and that guy is sort of a porukki... well sorta.

And another reason is that, the directors are mostly from a low family background. They see emotions more than other "matter-of-fact" things. If you and I direct films, may be we will direct the life story of a guy who works hard, joins Engineering, then does his MS and then his PhD, and then teaches his students, and published papers. But nobody will watch that film ;)

And wait, even the story of that guy will have love, atleast one before marriage, and certainly one (well, only one, but more makes it interesting ;) )after marriage.

Priyanka
01-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Shy! Make this film as pongal release in geetham please!

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 08:30 PM

Virumaandiyil en manadhil innum nirpathu kaathal mattumae. Ayutha Ezhuthilum kaadalae munnal nirkirathu. Matravai ellam kadalukku thunai nirpavai mattumae. But for Surya's brave reforms...

I think there are only two things... love and achievment. Love dominates if there is no achievement possible, achievement dominates love whenever it occurs. Humbly, prasanna. :)

Shy
01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Shy! Make this film as pongal release in geetham please!

Guys., its not even a pongal release, its getting released this week :)

Shy

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Guys., its not even a pongal release, its getting released this week

Shy

Great man (or am i wrong?). Thanks! But I should keep checking for the whole week then... and may I ask, please give us the movies in a slightly better quality. And let me drink your health for that! ;)

Shy
01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Ithula enna puthusaa irukku! Athe formula story thaan. Though I did not see the film yet, from Krishng's review I believe that it will be usual story only. Etthanai padam parthaacchu indha maadiri! Namba thamiz pada directors ellaarum yen kadivaalam potta kuthirai maadiri ore maadiri sindhanaiyoda padam edukkaraanga. Kathal kathal kaathal... ivvalavu thaana? Ithai thaandi ivangalaala sindhikkave mudiyaatha? :doh:

Thats why I hate watching tamil movies. :sm19:

mm ... :think: :think: but PK, lifela love ellama onnum ellaiyae.. whatever you do, whereever you go, human'na they have this love right.. whatever movie u had mentioned, does have love, but its not the main theme in that, thats all. But azhagi movie is a very good movie and its a love based one right.. so we just cant exclude love away from a movie, its like excluding it from a person;s life which is impossible unless hes a gnani or something :)

Shy

Shy
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Guys., its not even a pongal release, its getting released this week

Shy

Great man (or am i wrong?). Thanks! But I should keep checking for the whole week then... and may I ask, please give us the movies in a slightly better quality. And let me drink your health for that! ;)

:) no you are wrong !!

Krish(who posted this topic), will be releasing this movie :b:

BTW welcome to geetham, Hope you enjoy your time while you are here :)

Shy

prasan8181
01-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Alright, to Krish's health then!

bala12345
01-04-2005, 12:00 AM
please upload this movie

sivasel1980
01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
வெர்ய் நிcஎ ஒf உ

jaggy4u
01-04-2005, 02:15 AM
paravalla inthaa topic aa nethu thaan thoosi thatti eduthen padathaa parthu impress aagi paartha geetham la nalaikku release :)
(to self) ennamo da Jag New year la irunthey nee panrathellam ;)

montrealraj
01-04-2005, 02:25 AM
hi nice movie please send the link

prasan8181
01-04-2005, 02:27 AM
so we just cant exclude love away from a movie, its like excluding it from a person;s life which is impossible unless hes a gnani or something

Hey a gnani loves everyone!

Shy
01-04-2005, 02:33 AM
so we just cant exclude love away from a movie, its like excluding it from a person;s life which is impossible unless hes a gnani or something

Hey a gnani loves everyone!

:lol: :lol: :lol: true, but he doesnt take care of them all right ;)

Shy

prasan8181
01-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Yup, you got me there. By the way, how do I insert all those varities of smileys here?

prasan8181
01-04-2005, 02:40 AM
Yup, there is a smilies button down here, stupid me, i missed it. :sm18:

Shy
01-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Yup, you got me there. By the way, how do I insert all those varities of smileys here?

if u are using that small box"quick reply" to post the messages, you should see "smileys" button. click on that , a small popup box shows up with smileys, click on whatever u like, they just get added to the message.

Also another way is there will be a post reply button at the end of the topic. Click on that. u shud get a nice page with all the smileys. Add them as you write ur post :b:

Let me know if you need any help !!

Shy

prasan8181
01-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Let me know if you need any help !!

Shy

Oh thanks! Sure! :b:

vrn12
01-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Heard the movie is very good. Waiting to see the movie.......

chennaicool
01-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the movie send me the links waiting for this movie for long time

usm_eng_guy
01-04-2005, 07:24 AM
hi

balanr
01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
லோக்ச் லிகெ அ கோட் மொவிஎ.. கிவெ மெ தெ உர்ல்

nitheeshharish
01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Ronba nalla padamnu ninaikiraen admin seekirama podunga mikka nandri.

tamilkirukkan
01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
thanks for the review info guys.. waiting for the movie links

svcs
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
thanx for the review and waiting for the movie.

csnarayanan
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
OK. I will be waiting. Thanks.

tamilboy1
01-04-2005, 03:09 PM
please keep up the good work admin

sabtha
01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
heard that it has a good climax waiting to watch it

MDEIVA
01-04-2005, 08:33 PM
THE MOVIES GOOD

MDEIVA
01-04-2005, 08:34 PM
THE MOVIES GOOD

csnarayanan
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I did reply. I am not able to download. Help.

Thanks

ananthi
01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the movie.

gnmadhu
01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
waiting to see this mocie.
gnmadhu

ganesan
01-05-2005, 03:09 AM
ஐயா சிக்கிரம் படம் பொடுங்க :lol:

Shy
01-05-2005, 03:14 AM
ganesan.. this is review section, the movie is released.. check properly :lol: :lol:

Shy

sshivag
01-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the film "Kadhal" part1. Please send us the part2 link.

Sintheya
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
thx for the movie

Sintheya
01-05-2005, 08:12 PM
thx for the movie

shivadev
01-05-2005, 08:35 PM
It is like one balakumaran's story, seval pannai, have you people ever read that?

lathirous
01-06-2005, 04:58 AM
கோட் ரெவிஎந்

jaggy4u
01-06-2005, 06:06 AM
inthaa padathaa ippo ellorum geetham la pathiruppingha...but not many reviews why?

Priyanka
01-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Padam avvalavu kodumaiyaa irundhiccho ennavo. :lol: I downloaded but did not see the movie yet. Ippo ellaam thamiz padam pakkaratthukke bayamma irukku. :oops: Waiting for reviews and based on the reviews I will decide wether to see the movie or not.

mpln4u
01-08-2005, 11:13 PM
இச் தெ மொவிஎ ச்டில்ல் அவைலப்லெ fஒர் விஎநிங் ஒர் டொந்ன்லொஅட ிங் ?
சேர்ச்,
MPள்ண்

umasang
01-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi , Can You Please post this movie ?

Shy
01-09-2005, 04:12 AM
umasang,

sorry you are late. This movie has been released already!! enjoy other movies..

Krish, I am locking this topic too for a while.

Shy