PDA

View Full Version : Which would you prefer - A son or a daughter?

coolian
12-27-2004, 04:57 PM
I've put a lot of thought into this lately....yes, yes, I know....I'm young, unmarried and certainly not a dad - but I do think of the future at times, and it is fun to do so! I'd prefer a son to a daughter. There. I said it. I ain't sexist - it just seems easier to bring a dude up compared to a dudette, that's all. I'm sure the yet-to-be parents and other singles in here have thought about this too, at some point or another. Come on, out with it!! What would ya'll really want? A son? Or a daughter? :D

EDIT: I didn't put a "Doesn't matter" option as I'd like to see if there's a preference towards either one of the 2 sexes in the Geetham kudumbam.

Bluelotus
12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
5 daughters please :ee:

(course unless I have quintuplets I won't actually have the time to have them :cry: I refuse to make the choice between career and motherhood...so hurrah for adoptions. The problem remains whether they will allow me to adopt though :think: )

I guess I am sexist :ahha: but so what :Ksp:
girls are far more versatile and on the whole easier to empathise with. They will easily play football as well as take up ballet, and I kinda wish for my children to attend the same school I did which might be a tad difficult if they are male :Ksp:

:cool: this is pure wishfulness...for all I know I might end up with sons and no daughters :doh:

blue

coolian
12-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Girls...baby girls are wonderful...they continue to be wonderful until they reach that age when at one point they're smilin' at you, and a few seconds later, they almost bite your head off. Versatile or not, the don't-give-a-damn attitude of most boys is pretty appealing (no, I'm NOT Michael Jackson!!!!!).

vasan
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
6 daughters please...

Not even one need to be biologically my own.. but definitely six is good... and more the better... :) If I had my own way in everything, I would adopt a little one from each continent.. :wink:

nalla kudumbam, palkalaikazhagamnnu solluvaanga.. I want an international university.. :P :P

Daughters :yes: :yes:

-v

Priyanka
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Naan ethaiyum prefer panna maatten. Aandavan ethu kudukkaraano athai mahizhcchiyoda yetthuppen.

ashokcsn_2000
12-27-2004, 06:56 PM
me would prefer a boy... y.... i am one... :)

and it feels and is great to be one...

Priyanka
12-27-2004, 07:03 PM
nalla kudumbam, palkalaikazhagamnnu solluvaanga.. I want an international university..

அப்படி போடு அருவாள! :P

Bluelotus
12-27-2004, 07:18 PM
explain thattha please :think:

but thattha sikirama poi paatthi find pannungho :evil: quick quick no time to lose :wink:
we're ready to turn up to the wedding invited or not :ahha:

thattha...you know what :think: how abt we team up your girls with mine and create the best football (soccer) team in the world :think: dya think paathi will be cool with that? :think:

Coolian,
Babies are babies. Adorable, as long as they keep still and don't cry :ee:
(u try babysitting :ahha: then tell me if they are adorable or not :Ksp: )
That "don't-give-a-toss" attitude you're talking of is nothing but a facade....in fact boys care a lot more than they let on and overall I far harder to undertsand and deal with.
All those repressed emotions are bound to explode one day...

anainar
12-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Aandavan ethu kudukkaraano athai mahizhcchiyoda yetthuppen.

Of course we all accept whether it is a boy or girl. But what is wrong in having a wish list?

Vasan teacher, there is a saying in Tamil, "ஆறு பெண் குழந்தை பெத்தா அரசனும் ஆண்டின்னு". You are asking for exactly six daughters. Either you are a super king or such a super aandy so that it does not make any difference.

Boy or girl, children are adorable. Their antics, expressions, honesty and playfulness. If something does not taste good, they dont conceal it. It shows in their face, unlike us who try to conceal it. They dont hate anybody. They bring a different perspective to life.

Funnily, my son who is 1.5 years younger to my wife's sister's daughter, literally terrorises her. Man, it was fun watching her running to her mom complaining all the time. The mere sight of him drives her for cover with all her toys. Boys have a definite way of communication. Terror is one among them. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Cheers

Bluelotus
12-27-2004, 07:51 PM
I guess it differs between families :think: in mine the girls are the holy terrors :wink:

vasan
12-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Enna explain pannanum, Blues?

Nalla kudumbam means a good home (or family) is like a palkalaikazhagam.. a good university or a place of many good arts and virtues - place where people can grow into responsible and talented and mature... :wink:

I said I wanted an international 'univ' because I want kids from all races, colors and languages and so on... just one small world right in my own home.. :P:P

BTW, you stole my idea.. :P :P Having a complete soccer team is too hard.. but half the team is alright.. So, YES !! We both can form a soccer league of our own.... :P :P :P Don't you worry too much about paati.. :P :P She could be a cheerleader.. :P :P :P

Yes, I would like to teach them tennis, and music and art history, and languages (tamil !!!)... and baseball and yes.. many saturdays of soccer... :P :P

Life is sooo complete with that sort of living... :wink:

v-

silican
12-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Sometimes I used to think the same way. Though I am more inclined choosing a girl at times I wd feel that she shouldnt feel lonely. அண்ணன் - தங்கை, அக்கா - தம்பி மாதிரி வராது. So one boy too. 2 is tolerable I guess :think:

- Silican

Priyanka
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
I said I wanted an international 'univ' because I want kids from all races, colors and languages and so on... just one small world right in my own home..

ஓ! அது அப்படியா? நீங்க சொன்னதுக்க ு வேற ஏதோ அர்த்தம் இருக்கும்ன ு நெனச்சேன். :sm12:

jaggy4u
12-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I guess its general rule..Guys always prefer girl child and vice versa...
Ponnungha madiri varathu..enna activeness, enna cuteness girl child is what i prefer...
Silicx, kalyaname vendamnnu sonnar, paartha 2 child venumgrar..purialaye...;)

Bluelotus
12-27-2004, 11:23 PM
:sm12: Silix anna doesn't want marriage but wants the kids...but Jaggy bro nalla ice vaikiraar :wink: is the lady reading your posts too Jaggy :wink:

ஓ! அது அப்படியா? நீங்க சொன்னதுக்க ு வேற ஏதோ அர்த்தம் இருக்கும்ன ு நெனச்சேன்.
oh come on PK please share it with us too so we can laugh :ee: please :ee:

thattha,
you can't have a league with just one team :00: gonna be a very expensive transatlantic team anyway :wink:

You're right Jaggy
I think in general we prefer to have a child of our own gender, but there are many exception to this rule.....

blue.

Priyanka
12-28-2004, 04:02 AM
ஓ! அது அப்படியா? நீங்க சொன்னதுக்க ு வேற ஏதோ அர்த்தம் இருக்கும்ன ு நெனச்சேன்.
oh come on PK please share it with us too so we can laugh :ee: please :ee:

blue.

Naan solla maattenpa! Enakken veen vambu? :oops: Naan sonnathu thathakku definite-a purinjirukkumnu nenakkaren. Avar kittaiye kettu therinjukko.

Oru chinna clue kudukkattumaa? "All Indians are my brothers and sisters!" Ippo purinjutha? :ee:

gsatnan
12-28-2004, 04:21 AM
I would like to have a daughter....
theres a thought that dads like gals and moms like boys.... i wldnt want to change the trend

gsatnan
12-28-2004, 04:22 AM
only 4 votes thats not wat i expected though 50-50 for boys and grls.... come on guys vote
sathya

suha
12-28-2004, 12:24 PM
1 :baby: ,2 :baby: ,3 :baby: ,4 :baby: ,5 :baby: ,6 :baby: ,7 :baby: ,8 :baby: ,9 :baby: ,10 :baby: ,11 :baby: ,12 :baby: ....enough...

coolian
12-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Damn lolly...neeyE oru chinna ponnu...tsk tsk tsk...

suha
12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn lolly...neeyE oru chinna ponnu...tsk tsk tsk...

Damn cooli bro,,, :evil: :evil: :evil:

That is not for me.... for my bhabhi :oops: :oops:

I m a babby girl....in a geetham world.. :wink:

Shy
12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
I second silican, annan- thangai, or akka-thambhi mathiri oru relationship kedaiyavae kedaiyaathu. I would perfer both of them... :)

suha, 12 children ok, but avanga daughtera sona poodalaiyae nee ;) athai sollu

Jagga, kalakunga neenga, eppovae antha kalyaana kalai vanthaachu :)

Silican, enna ithu :00: neengalaa kids pathi pesurael.. girls are evil achae unga dictionaryla.. eppadi eppadi eppadi :think: :think: appadiyae kids pathi peseenaalum, sons thaan venumnu soluveenganu parthaen :)

Shy

Shy

Bluelotus
12-28-2004, 05:25 PM
:think: Lolly darling,
Having babies is hard work... :think: Anni Pavoam illayaaa? :wink: she isn't really a baby making machine either :wink:
so like shy akka asked ...girl or boy? :ahha:

Naan solla maattenpa! Enakken veen vambu? Naan sonnathu thathakku definite-a purinjirukkumnu nenakkaren. Avar kittaiye kettu therinjukko.

Oru chinna clue kudukkattumaa? "All Indians are my brothers and sisters!" Ippo purinjutha?

illai I still don't get it PKM :oops: ... I can't ask thattha if it is abt vambhu ...he will :sm15: :sm17: me :oops:
soo how abt neengha ennakku oru pm send panningho :sm02: :wink: hows' that idea :ahha:

theres a thought that dads like gals and moms like boys....
:oops: :oops: :oops:
tht's not true mummy likes and loves me very much :snooty:

:wink: :ahha:

blue

ashokcsn_2000
12-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Having babies is hard work... Anni Pavoam illayaaa? she isn't really a baby making machine either
so like shy akka asked ...girl or boy?

By the way ,talking about thios... anta kaalathula big big families eppadi uruvaakinaangannu yosikka thonuthu....

oru tharavai en paati kitta ketten ithu ellam eppadi panneengannu... paati odane.. athu ennamo theriyalaida "ellam thotta ottikichu" nnu sonnanga... :sm12: :sm12:

anainar
12-28-2004, 06:01 PM
anta kaalathula big big families eppadi uruvaakinaangannu yosikka thonuthu....

அந்த காலம் எதுக்கு? நாங்களே 9 பேரு. அண்ணன் தம்பி-அக்கா த்ங்கச்சிங ்க. நிசமா பார்த்தா 11 பேரு. அதுல ரெண்டு பேரு சின்ன வயசிலயே ஆண்டவன் கிட்ட போயிட்டாங் க. But our generation is very cautious limiting our offsprings to 1 or 2. Our family is a generation behind following this. Probably because we lived in a village. When I went to my college, many of my friends from Madras were either 2 or 3 siblings.

I asked my mom when I grew up about this. She was ecstatic for having had these many children. She was even more happy because she educated all of us made us very independant. Raising one child itself is so demanding for us. She managed 9 of us and did not have any complaints.

So, boy or girl or 1 baby or 10 babies, it is all in the mindset.

Cheers

goodcomplanboy
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
My vote is for a girl first and a boy second. I third what Silix and Shy mentioned :wink: Athai, Maama uravu ellam namakku adutha generation'le irukkanum ille.

Bluelotus
12-28-2004, 08:57 PM
loads of my friends want a daughter first and then a son...I never understood why?
why would you like that GCB? :think:

I don't really know abt other families...but
in my parents' genration they were mostly boys...with the odd daughter
but in my generation we beat the guys hands down :ee:

have you seen such reversal in your families too?

coolian
12-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Yeah, my dad's family had like 8 girls and 2 boys while my mom's had 7 girls and 3 boys. PHEW. Thank god I came along. Time to set things straight to show who's boss.

silican
12-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Che edhaiyum edhaiyum mudichi podreenga ??

Kalyanam pannikka maatennu dhan sonnen, pasanga venamnna sonnen ?? ;)

Vasan sonna madhiri Oru Chinese Daughter and a Mexican Son would do. :D

- Silican

vasan
12-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Vasan sonna madhiri Oru Chinese Daughter and a Mexican Son would do.

- Silican

Alberto Gonzalez Silix and Zhang Xiang Silix... :P :P Way to go Villaathi Villain... :yes: :yes:

Did you know?? Just go to baja california for the baby's birth, and you could have an official mexican baby born to you... (who ever the mother is... :wink: )...

v-

ps: PK... Blue chinna ponnu.. ippo thaan barbie doll-kku dress panni pottu vachuttu irukkaa.. Why do you confuse the kid.... :evil: v- does what he does... :wink: Some times the university is built brick by brick, some times you could buy-off the whole school... :wink:

suha
12-29-2004, 07:54 AM
suha, 12 children ok, but avanga daughtera sona poodalaiyae nee ;) athai sollu

Shy

adhu vandhu vandhu.....equal....already 2 son irrukku...one daughter ( tahts me :ee: )

appo how much will remind.... :think: .....

hannnn......5 daughter...4 son...

correctaaa

candy candy...bhabhi mechine illa...but ennaku play pana.... barbeidoll venum thannei oops babby doll venuma thannei :ee:

lonely very bored :oops:

ennaku housefullll baby vennummmmmmmm :P

Chinese Daughter

why chinese daughter.......engha urruku vango ingha nirriya chinese girls kidakudhungo...kutti poidungo :ahha:

thondaravu konjam kami aggum :oops:

goodcomplanboy
12-29-2004, 01:37 PM
loads of my friends want a daughter first and then a son...I never understood why?
why would you like that GCB?

I don't really know abt other families...but
in my parents' genration they were mostly boys...with the odd daughter
but in my generation we beat the guys hands down

have you seen such reversal in your families too?

Athu vanthu enakku oru younger sister irukka. But elder sister ille :( (meaning sontha akka - ofcourse I have Shy akka & PK akka here in Geetham). Athanaale enakku Akka iruntha nalla irukkumnu thonuchu :) athaan.

coolian
12-29-2004, 03:15 PM
That's very weird. Maybe it's because the sample size is too small (only 8 votes!). I'd have thought that a son would be preferred to a daughter. Interesting...

Priyanka
12-29-2004, 03:33 PM
ps: PK... Blue chinna ponnu.. ippo thaan barbie doll-kku dress panni pottu vachuttu irukkaa.. Why do you confuse the kid.... v- does what he does... Some times the university is built brick by brick, some times you could buy-off the whole school...

Athu en mela mistake illai. "International university"nnu ennannu neenga detailed-a explain panniyirukkanum.

nalla kudumbam, palkalaikazhagamnnu solluvaanga.. I want an international university..

Indha maadiri mottaiya ezhudhinaa ellaarum appadi thaan nenappaanga. :sm12:

Priyanka
12-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Athu vanthu enakku oru younger sister irukka. But elder sister ille (meaning sontha akka - ofcourse I have Shy akka & PK akka here in Geetham). Athanaale enakku Akka iruntha nalla irukkumnu thonuchu athaan.

How come you like elder brothers and sisters. I don't like elder ones (that is brother or sister). Eppo parthaalum boss over pannittee iruppaanga. Nambalai mattam thattikkitte iruppaanga. :evil: Thank god I am the first child for my parents. I like only younger brothers and sisters. Yeenna nambala boss over panna maattanga paarunga!

silican
12-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Thank god I am the first child for my parents. I like only younger brothers and sisters. Yeenna nambala boss over panna maattanga paarunga!

Idhellam neenga sollave thevai illai. :snooty: Unga ovvoru post'liyum dhan nallave theriyudhey :ahha:

- Silican

Bluelotus
01-01-2005, 10:46 PM
I dunno PK'sM ,
I really really wanted an older brother...so I was so excited when mummy told me that I would get a brother...to later realise that :00: it was a younger one :snooty:
and then I she told me I would get a brand new sister...so I thought I would settle for an older sister if I couldn't have the older bro...to be again disappointed :00:

I mean an older brother is soo kewl!! :ahha: although the ones I have in Geetham are a little strange in the way that they don't like frogs and bugs as much as I do :ahha:

PK'sM ...you know what :oops: I don't get to bully...I have to coax and grovel...those siblings of mine totally bully me though :?

But I think I will have to stick to five girls with no boys,or I will have to increase the whole thing to ten kids and five of each gender...which I don't think I can support on the salary I would make, so would have to get married to a Jewish Dentist ...is there such a thing as a Jewish Tamil dentist :think:

:wink: :ahha:

nadaarun
01-02-2005, 12:13 AM
A son and a DAUGHTER..............

i cant resist any of dem....................

P.s i dont know what i will be saying in another 10years time when im 26 hehehehe

katteri
01-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Aappa kitta kettaa Daughter nu pathil varum aamma kitaa ketta son nu pathil varum....