2.__________ ______________ ______________________

3.__________ ______________ ______________________

4.__________ ______________ ______________________

5.__________ ______________ ______________________

Admin Pls Fill in the Blanks

Thank u

coolian
12-30-2004, 05:24 AM
I'm not an admin, but I guess I can help.

1. Post messages
2. Post messages
3. Post messages
4. Post messages
5. Post messages

jilljill
12-30-2004, 05:27 AM
How Long ??

How Many ??

Priyanka
12-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Coolian! U R only partially correct. This is the correct answer

1. Post useful messages
2. Post useful messages
3. Post useful messages
4. Post useful messages
5. Post useful messages

Hope this helps U jiljill. Amaa... yen rendu naala onnum update-e kaanom? :think:

Priyanka
12-30-2004, 05:29 AM
I think you should post atleast 100 useful messages. Messages in the sense not like thankyou, Hi, bye and all. It should be really useful.

jilljill
12-30-2004, 05:32 AM

Hope this helps U jiljill. Amaa... yen rendu naala onnum update-e kaanom? :think:

Busy with Fund collection for the tamil nadu people

So pls wait 3-4 days for updations

thank u

Priyanka
12-30-2004, 06:06 AM

Busy with Fund collection for the tamil nadu people

So pls wait 3-4 days for updations

thank u

ரொம்ப புண்ணியமான காரியம் செயறீங்க Jiljill. May god bless you. May god wipe the tears of the victims.

Bluelotus
12-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Interaction is the key!
we want you to interact with existing members :D

take part actively in discussions and talks over a period of time and not just post 300 messages and disappear for 4 months :wink: .

it isn't about just number of posts :ahha:

oh yeah ...there is a quicker way...donation...

don't worry ....

Good luck with your charity work :b:
(I envy you ... at least you are there and able to help ppl directly)

blue.

gsatnan
12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
you can have a great time by participating in the discussions..... i was dormant for almost like 5 months due to some personal reason but i am back..... i loved it when i was active it wld become a part of ur life... trust me.... u wld love it..
sathya

coolian
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
>> I envy you ... at least you are there and able to help ppl directly

Well, there's a lot you can do too. Have you?

Priyanka
12-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Even I envy you Jiljill. Indha maadiri samaiyatthula poyi makkalukku uthava mudiyilaiyennu enakku romba feeling-a irukkuthu. :oops: Even my husband was feeling very bad about this.

RaasuKutty
12-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Jilljil,

The most simplest way to become an active member is not to think about it.. Participate and Enjoy the discussions and you will be an active member in no time.. You have been active for sometime.. Continue this and u will soon enter the club :P :P

Really appriciate your interest in charity work...

vasan
12-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Jill,

Here is my list of TOP REAL 5 ways to become an Active member..

1) Participate in the various topics in the forum. Active member is some one who is actively engaged in dialogues with other users - which is the primary purpose of the forum.

2) Participate consistently. Sudden spurt of a million posts and then becoming quiet is not what is encouraged. Post a few (atleast) each day - and preferably not a new topic. Its easy to copy + paste a new topic and not participate, but thats not what is encouraged here.

3) Make friends in the forum. If you participate in the topics, its easy to become friends. How could you become my friend, unless you talk to me? The way we talk with each other is to post in the forum. I start a topic, you can participate and post your views. I will reply to your posts, and so the conversation goes. When you know at least a few people and their views on certain issues or movies or whatever, then you have become their friends.

4) Be nice to every one. Don't expect people to read your topics only. When they post replies, if there is something you want to add, write a post there. Encourage discussions, and be polite and friendly. Keep an open mind. Especially in topics such as polls, or pattimandram.. You can choose a view point (for real or for fun!) and continue your discussion. There is good friend who firmly believes that Egg is a vegetarian delight, and then there is me, who believes only Steak is vegetarian.. :wink: And yes.. is tomato a veg or a fruit? Is trisha the cutest or is it some other old actress.. Is death penalty really ok? Some of these are for fun, some really probing questions. I would really like to know your opinions on these (at least the serious ones).. Isn't that the only way I can become your friend? But keep in mind, while you argue, you also need to be polite, and funny and have fun.. Others would also be polite, funny and partipating in the topics.

5) Let me tell you another easiest way: Do something creative!! All of us can write, cut+paste email forwards, and do stuff. But when you do something creative, for example, write a good poem, or make a colorful slideshow of something that fetches your mind, or tell a good story of your own, and so on... (especially if you are doing it in tamil :wink:) people will sit down and take notice. There are some renowned poets and story tellers in Geetham. SweetMiche has written tons of poems :sm03:, Silican's short stories are worth its weight in Gold :b:, Bluelotus has introduced many time consuming games :P, Priyam blows your mind with creative b'day cards for every one :sm08:, Lolly can make fun of every one and get away with it :sm12:, Goodboy is the master of Flash :clap:, Krishng's gossips make NY Times headlines :wink:, Katteri is official Cricket Statistician who also moonlights as historian and DJ :b: , Teena is the Doc :sm08:, and GCB is the Funny Man :P..... Each has captured a part of our imagination and they are all here to stay. (There are many more, but I limited myself to the some of the Mods.. !). Its quite easy, really. Tell us what you like, and make posts so we would like it too... :P :P

These are my own top five. When you do these people would not only welcome you to be an active member, but will put you up on the Geetham Hall of Fame.. :b: BTW, the same info is written by coolian, ever so succintly as 'Post Messages' and our PK as 'post useful stuff'.. Some can talk in short sentences, but old people like me don't know when to stop, so we keep writing longgggg messages.. :P

Good luck Jill.. :b: God bless you on your efforts to ease the pain of people affected by the disaster. Would you be willing to post in a seperate new thread about what exactly you are doing, (and any other group of people you are working alongside?). News and such helps to know the breadth of the issue, but the depth could only be from eyewitness accounts.

Thanks,

Vasan

ps: Please send a pm to Shy.. Saying hello and enquire about active membership.. :wink:

Priyanka
12-30-2004, 08:14 PM
vasa! You have given wonderful explanation. Hope all dormant users who only download movies from geetham start actively participating and make geetham more enjoyable!

Thanks
PK

Shy
12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Thats a great explanation Vasan :b: JillJill ..just be yourself and participate in the forums, like discussions and stuff, without even asking you will become an active member !!!!

Shy

jilljill
01-04-2005, 05:01 AM
Great explanations fron SHY

But i dont know why this much late to explain..... ???

but Bluelotus, Moderator Pointed some black points about me

Dear Bluelotus ... as Shy explained there is a way to talk

Pls dont wound anybodys heart

pls talk friendly

Really i am telling .. ur words stoped me from geetham

anyway thanks for everything

Pls remove my id and posts

Good Bye to all friends

Priyanka
01-04-2005, 05:31 AM
Jiljill, please do not get angry. Bluelotus is really a nice girl. She did not mean to hurt you. May be she was kidding. Please do not take anything personally. Appadi paattha enna kuda thaan atthai, pattinnu kindal adicchaanga. At first I really got pissed off. Aana ippo pazhagi pocchu. Please take it easy.

prasan8181
01-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Ah so. Bluelotus is a girl too. ;)

Oh, never mind. Who does not have black points? I bet Bluelotus has a lot of black points, why being a girl, she should have infinite black points all over her head. (In a whisper to Bluelotus: Ah, i only mean your hair, a kind of praise too ;) )

pls talk friendly

Oh come on. I hardly follow such rules. I am still hanging around here! Why take it so seriously girl (ofcourse, you are a girl too, ain't you?), it is just for fun... nobody hurts anyone intentionally. If people get hurt, they should just say so. So that we can pat them, and tell them to cheer up.

Oh come on. Who asked you to join Geetham? If Bluelotus did not ask you to join Geetham, there is no point in leaving Geetham for Bluelotus.

Well, I am not an active member, and I wont become one for another year atleast i guess. But I have been in this forum for quite sometime, and have been surfing the links here when i get bored, and i really find some pretty good people here. People who are creative, who are funny, who are well informed, who are skillful... yeah.

So, i would suggest you, no point in being that serious and giving up. Just hang on, come here when you are bored, just look around, comment as you wish, have fun... and when you feel this is worthless, you will naturally drop from this group. But dont do it for other people.

Good Bye to all friends

And voila! You already have some friends here! What else do you expect! You can gang up with your friends then, and kick some butts! ;) (Okay guys, pun and pun alone is intented... just in case someone has a nuclear missile there and is made angry by my saying like this!)

Right... so I can remember jilljill now. Cool.

silican
01-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Jill Jill Ramamani,
Now that you have a huge list of ideas, I request you to kindly compile a "Dummy's Guide to becoming a Geetham Active member" in PDF Format and start seeding. :ahha: Idhellam chinna chinna vishayam. Don't take things too serious. If suppose all Geetham members are to meet, I wd be the one who would be banged first :00: for I have made fun/irritated almost everyone. :ahha:

Appadi paattha enna kuda thaan atthai, pattinnu kindal adicchaanga. At first I really got pissed off. Aana ippo pazhagi pocchu.
:yes: Thats the attitude PKM. :clap:

Silican's short stories are worth its weight in Gold
Enakku appove theriyum, naama ezhudharadhu edaikku poda dhannu :think:

Shy
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Great explanations fron SHY

But i dont know why this much late to explain..... ???

pls talk friendly

Good Bye to all friends

Hi JillJill,

Please dont take such decisions. Its this internet thats at fault as one cant know what the other had in mind actually. Bluelotus, might have not said anything intentionally believe me, she just wants you to interact with other members and make friends avalothaan. Please dont take it in the wrong sense okvaa :) Cheer up, hope to see your daily updates soon :)

Shy

Priyanka
01-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes shy! You are absolutely correct. Very often we misunderstand what people really say. I had three such experiences here.

Jiljill, there are persons (only two of them) who hurt others' feelings by using harsh languages. Matha ellaarum romba nalla pasanga/ponnunga pa. Most of them tease us just for fun. And believe me, Bluelotus is such a nice girl. She will definitely not hurt others feelings for sure. She just wanted to say that you should interact with other persons in this forum.

Appadiye parthaalum naanga ellaam ungalukku friend illaiyaa? Why r u not taking us into consideration.

ashokcsn_2000
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Jiljill, there are persons (only two of them) who hurt others' feelings by using harsh languages.

Ooops PKM yaar athu... enna sollareenga...... take it easy... naan ethaachum unga manasu nogaraamaathiri solli irunthaa mannichukonga.... nothing from heart... just pulling legs...

Priyanka
01-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Aiyo neenga illai Ashok. Ennai ivanga onnum sonnathillai. By seeing the way they post their messages, the way they reply to others I am sure everyone will get hurt. For sure you are not one of them.

And Ashok. My daughter likes your avatar very much. Whenever she sees it she gets really exited and starts counting 2,3,4....

jilljill
01-05-2005, 04:33 AM
thanks dear friends
i am sorry
i may misunderstand
anyway sorry for that
i will be back soon
(i am little busy with Tsunami Fund collection)
Soon will be back

thank u
thank u verymuch

Bluelotus
01-05-2005, 04:57 AM
:think: :think: :think:

well what can I say, my appologies JillJill.

However, as you so correctly pointed out there certainly is a way to behave in a forum. If you found my post or any comments offensive the least I would have expected of you was to PM me directly to tell me so.

still admire your dedication to charity work :b:

--------------------------------------------------------

:oops: :oops: yes bluelotus is a girl...I wouldn't expect a guy to name himself willingly after a flower...

and I would never describe myself as a nice girl not in a million years :oops:
:cool: would ruin my street cred. :ahha: :ahha:

My thanks to all those wonderful souls who said such lovely things about me. :sm03:

(*PK sorry to you too * ...but I didn't mean to hurt you ...if you like you can call me kollu paattthi :ee: :wink: right at this moment I can hardly wait to reach retirement age :ee: )

Dunno why I didn't check this thread before...actually probably a good thing I didn't :ahha:

Priyanka
01-05-2005, 05:02 AM
(*PK sorry to you too * ...but I didn't mean to hurt you ...if you like you can call me kollu paattthi right at this moment I can hardly wait to reach retirement age )

Etho konja naal marandhirundheengalennu parthen. Marupadiyum arambicchutteengala paatti kollu pattinnu? :oops:

Bluelotus
01-05-2005, 05:06 AM
:doh: pk...I said yu can call meeeee :wink:
aiyooo :sm12:

ashokcsn_2000
01-05-2005, 05:10 AM
PKM enna thu ithu thiruppa per maathikiteengo....

lolz blue..... kollu paati..... :ee:

Priyanka
01-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Oh! So nice of you BKP! :P

PS: BKP = Blue Kollu Patti :sm11:

Priyanka
01-05-2005, 05:14 AM
PKM enna thu ithu thiruppa per maathikiteengo....

lolz blue..... kollu paati..... :ee:

Athu onnum illai. "Priyankakutty" lerndhu "kutty" edutthu verum "Priyanka"nnu maatthitten. Thanks to UPS.

Bluelotus
01-05-2005, 05:20 AM
:sm12:
Next "Peeka" thaane :wink:

blue.

PS: makes me sound like a burger acronym :ahha:

ashokcsn_2000
01-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Athu onnum illai. "Priyankakutty" lerndhu "kutty" edutthu verum "Priyanka"nnu maatthitten. Thanks to UPS.

Next "Peeka" thaane

Next will be Paati :sm12:

Priyanka
01-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Next "Peeka" thaane

Next will be Paati :sm12:

என்னோட அவதாரை பார்த்து அந்த முடிவுக்கு வந்துடாதீங ்க அசோக்கு! :Ksp: நான் என்னைக்கும ே சின்ன பொண்ணு தான். :ee: