PDA

View Full Version : Information regarding Satellite TV

Shy
01-05-2005, 03:50 AM
Hey guys,

I guess many might have this Direct TV or Dish network :) some with international channels.
I had a weird thought today, tried googling but couldnt get any info. Thought of asking you.
Direct TV has vijay TV, Dish network has Sun TV and KTV. Is there anyway of having both(Direct and Dish network) together. Example, eppo basic US etc and vijayTV channels in Direct TV and just for sunTV and KTV can we have dish network? is that possible. Ellai ennoda thoughtae thappa :think: :think:

Shy

anainar
01-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Achacho!! இப்படி நான் என்னெல்லாம ் ஆராய்ச்சி பண்ணினோ அதை எல்லாம் கேக்கரீங்க .. :D :D

First and foremost you should have a clear line of vision facing south skies without trees or obstructions. That is the first pre-requisite to get satellite TV. If that is not there, forget about satellite TV. I ran out of options here itself, as my apartment is surrounded by trees.

Second, you need two dishe antennae, one to get American Channels and one to get Tamil channels. Or there is another thing called SuperDish a fairly big dish antenna which can catch both satellite signals. If you want High definition signals, you need a different type of signal collector in the dish.

If you want Direct TV also for Vijay TV, the same logic, except you need to have Direct TV reciever also. Unless you are willing to shellout more than $110 for the TV and two dish antennae in your house, forget about having both of them.

Alternately, if you know neighbours who can pool in to get the channels, it will workout cheaper. For one account they give upto 4 recievers for different rooms. So one person signs up for the dish tv, the other persons just install the dish some how( by themselves ) and they can use the reciever. They charge just $5 for additional recievers. So, together it will workout cheaper.

இந்த மாதிரி உல்டா/புல்டா வேலை எல்லாம் எங்கிட்டே கேளுங்க. கரீட்டா சொல்லுவேன் . ஏன்னா நான் இங்க வந்த உடனே பண்ணின வேலைகள் இதெல்லாம். எல்லாம் பண்ணி ஒய்ஞ்சு போய்ட்டேன் . இனிமே வேற அபார்ட்மென ்ட் போனா இல்லாட்டி வீடு வாங்கினா தான் எல்லாம். :cry: :cry:

Cheers

Shy
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Achacho!! இப்படி நான் என்னெல்லாம ் ஆராய்ச்சி பண்ணினோ அதை எல்லாம் கேக்கரீங்க .. :D :D

First and foremost you should have a clear line of vision facing south skies without trees or obstructions. That is the first pre-requisite to get satellite TV. If that is not there, forget about satellite TV. I ran out of options here itself, as my apartment is surrounded by trees.

Antha problem atleast eppothaikku ellai I guess because of winter. Also yaethoo oru anglea vachu irukaanga and he said u will receive it properly because it goes well above the trees. :) :)
namba ooru mathiri udanae aruvaal yaeduthu cut panavendiyathu thaanae ;) just kidding

Second, you need two dishe antennae, one to get American Channels and one to get Tamil channels. Or there is another thing called SuperDish a fairly big dish antenna which can catch both satellite signals. If you want High definition signals, you need a different type of signal collector in the dish.

Yes, we have the big one thaan anainar. We have direct TV right one. Engae aathukaarar is crazy abt cricket, most of the games eppo direct Tvla varuthu and cricket ticket offer orunthathu, so we chose direct TV. Eppo enakku sunTV parkanumnu aasai, but that not available in Direct TV but on dish network'aam. Thats the reason I asked.

So If I am understanding correctly, there are 2 options

(1) Get a new dish network dish for SUNTV(since i dont want for american channels as i get those in direct TV)and that receiver iruntha i will be fine, but for that antha dish cost irukku right??
(2)If any of our friends have dish network already, i can get one more receiver and that shud be it, monthly amount pay panina matum poothum?

Alternately, if you know neighbours who can *bad word* in to get the channels, it will workout cheaper. For one account they give upto 4 recievers for different rooms. So one person signs up for the dish tv, the other persons just install the dish some how( by themselves ) and they can use the reciever. They charge just $5 for additional recievers. So, together it will workout cheaper.

This sharing is a very good idea, we are trying that, hopefully it works. my friends are planning to get a dish and use the remaining receivers :) how near should they be? I mean can they be 1-2 miles away?
So eppo for me to get SUNTV its the same concept ellaiyaa, i need to get a dish and then receiver from my friends whose having suntv, then i should be good to go?

இந்த மாதிரி உல்டா/புல்டா வேலை எல்லாம் எங்கிட்டே கேளுங்க. கரீட்டா சொல்லுவேன் . ஏன்னா நான் இங்க வந்த உடனே பண்ணின வேலைகள் இதெல்லாம். எல்லாம் பண்ணி ஒய்ஞ்சு போய்ட்டேன் . இனிமே வேற அபார்ட்மென ்ட் போனா இல்லாட்டி வீடு வாங்கினா தான் எல்லாம். :cry: :cry:

:) :) :) so ithula irunthu enna theriyuthu.. time has come for u to get a new house :clap: so new year athuvumaa new house seekarum vangidunga :)

Thanks much :)

Shy

anainar
01-05-2005, 04:26 PM
We have direct TV right one. Engae aathukaarar is crazy abt cricket, most of the games eppo direct Tvla varuthu and cricket ticket offer orunthathu, so we chose direct TV. Eppo enakku sunTV parkanumnu aasai, but that not available in Direct TV but on dish network'aam. Thats the reason I asked.

Tell me about it. :D :D :D. Since I could not have a dish, I persuaded one of my friend who has dishnetwork to subscribe the cricket matches. We used to pool money, and watch at his home( His wife is such a vaai illaa poochi, that she will tolerate us in her house :sm12: :sm12: ). It is technically a guys day( mostly night as the matches are trans-atlantic ) out. We watched worldcup, India-Pak, ICC, India-Australia, India-SouthAfrica etc like that only.

This sharing is a very good idea, we are trying that, hopefully it works. my friends are planning to get a dish and use the remaining receivers how near should they be? I mean can they be 1-2 miles away?

Distance does not matter. One can be in Iowa and other can be in NJ :D :D. You need to install the dish yourself though since, if you call Dishnetwork guy to install, he will ask for subscription. And do not connect telephone line for Pay Per View deals. Because then they will come to know the recievers are at different locations. Since you dont want American channels from Dishnetwork, you need a smaller dish only.

so ithula irunthu enna theriyuthu.. time has come for u to get a new house

என் வீட்டுக்கா ரி மட்டும் கேட்டா, அவ்ளோ தான், எனக்கு சங்கு. :sm12: :sm12:நான் இங்கே settle ஆக மாட்டேன்னு கதை விட்டு இருக்கேன். வீடு கீடுன்னு பேச்சு எடுத்தேன்ன ா யானை தன் தலைல மண்ணை வாரி போட்ட கதை தான்.

Cheers

Shy
01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Tell me about it. :D :D :D. Since I could not have a dish, I persuaded one of my friend who has dishnetwork to subscribe the cricket matches. We used to *bad word* money, and watch at his home( His wife is such a vaai illaa poochi, that she will tolerate us in her house :sm12: :sm12: ). It is technically a guys day( mostly night as the matches are trans-atlantic ) out. We watched worldcup, India-Pak, ICC, India-Australia, India-SouthAfrica etc like that only.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Yeah, eppo paaru aah oohnu orae satham pootutu parthutu irupaanga.. the most surprising thing is, got to go to temple, so wake up by 9'na, they cant... weekend thaan I am relaxed with all the week work, dont disturb appadi eppadinu kathai.. but entha mathiri fullday matches parka sollunga, night fulla parthutu, morning officekku paavama poovaanga.. bayangaramaana aalunga.. appo sleepna ennanae theriyaathu..

Ava vaai ella poochiyaa.. yaethoo hubbykku pudichu irukaenu ava vita..mm.. :think: sinthika vendiya vishyam.. next timela irunthu athuvum cut panina appo theriyum ;)

Distance does not matter. One can be in Iowa and other can be in NJ :D :D. You need to install the dish yourself though since, if you call Dishnetwork guy to install, he will ask for subscription. And do not connect telephone line for Pay Per View deals. Because then they will come to know the recievers are at different locations. Since you dont want American channels from Dishnetwork, you need a smaller dish only.

Oh thats good :D, appo problem ellainu sollungo.. aana, unga aathukaari hindi channels thaanae parpaa :think: :think:.. :D yeah pay per view parthu we got to use then, athu purinchutaen..

என் வீட்டுக்கா ரி மட்டும் கேட்டா, அவ்ளோ தான், எனக்கு சங்கு. :sm12: :sm12:நான் இங்கே settle ஆக மாட்டேன்னு கதை விட்டு இருக்கேன். வீடு கீடுன்னு பேச்சு எடுத்தேன்ன ா யானை தன் தலைல மண்ணை வாரி போட்ட கதை தான்.

unga burda ellam velaikku aagaathu, seekarum soliduraen avangakita.. that u are planning to own one herenu.. :ee:

Shy

aswin
01-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Is there anyway of having both(Direct and Dish network) together. Example, eppo basic US etc and vijayTV channels in Direct TV and just for sunTV and KTV can we have dish network? is that possible. Ellai ennoda thoughtae thappa Thinking Thinking

I think you can have dish network (Sun TV and K TV) without having basic US Channels. We have dishnetwork along with US basics. We dont have K TV. Anway, i am bored of sun tv, planning to switch to Vijay TV. It is horrible to watch all those advertisements which is no way useful for us.

Does anyone have KTV, what do you think of it?
How about Vijay TV, is it worth?

Shy
01-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Is there anyway of having both(Direct and Dish network) together. Example, eppo basic US etc and vijayTV channels in Direct TV and just for sunTV and KTV can we have dish network? is that possible. Ellai ennoda thoughtae thappa Thinking Thinking

I think you can have dish network (Sun TV and K TV) without having basic US Channels. We have dishnetwork along with US basics. We dont have K TV. Anway, i am bored of sun tv, planning to switch to Vijay TV. It is horrible to watch all those advertisements which is no way useful for us.

Does anyone have KTV, what do you think of it?
How about Vijay TV, is it worth?

aswin,

I have vijay TV, I wanted to have something new, as this vijay TV is boring. Thats the reason I asked about sun TV, neenga ennadana, eppadi solreengo :(

Vijay TV is full os serials :00: and too many Ads.. kadiyaa irukku...

Shy

aswin
01-07-2005, 03:08 PM
aswin,

I have vijay TV, I wanted to have something new, as this vijay TV is boring. Thats the reason I asked about sun TV, neenga ennadana, eppadi solreengo Sad

Vijay TV is full os serials Shocked and too many Ads.. kadiyaa irukku...

Shy

I din mean to disappoint you Shy , i am done with Sun TV. You know ... i used to watch some serials like Metti Oli and Annamalai regularly , but now i completely stopped watching any of the serials.

Metti Oli was doing ok but they too started adding usual masala like the gal in love marries the guy who is not her lover but arranged by her parents, laters she discovers that she is tricked by her dad about her ex lover and later she elopes with her ex...her husband supports her ...adding to this flame ...she becomes pregnant and her second husband suspects her pregnancy and her second in-laws bad mouth her ......ufffffffffff after that i dont even give a glance to that serial.

Why i stopped watching Annamalai?

Annamlai's second drug-addicted daughter becomes pregnant from the first son of the vaidiyar and pretends to be married to the second son who sincerly loves her. The first son cheats her and marries another gal and they end up with divorce and again he agrees to marry her but she refuses and marries the second son for real ...........holy crap!

Pepsi Uma hasn't changed for the past long long years ...her same black saree, same hair style and same big ear rings and same kind of talks ...if a housewife calls ...her usual words " Verum Housewifennu sollathenga Housewifennu perumaiya sollunga" . If a bachelor guy calls "Sekram kalyanam pannikathinga , jollya irunga ...methuva ..." . "Iyyo neenga chinna paiyana unga kural periyavanga kural mathri irukku" "IyIyyo neenga vayasanavangala unga kural kulantha madhri " "Hmmm Hmmmm appdiya ohhhh " . Adaiyenkappa podra nallu pattuku ivalothaiyam kekanum.

But konjam programs parkaramathri irukum ...like Sapthaswarangal, Aaratai arangam and yetho konjam betti ...thats it. My fav show used to be thilanna thilanna , but ippa athu ban seithutanga nenikuraen.

aswin
01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Besides , miss the serials that we used to watch in our childhood days ...where a little gal who struggles to achieve her goals to become an IPS officer , it was telecasted in DD and many motivational series .

My all time fav serial is Kaialavu mansu and some other comedy serials i dont remember. Ippa yella orye theme and same stuff that dont have anything unique. The only comedy serial in Sun TV is Chinna Pappa and Periya Pappa :oops:

Shy
01-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I din mean to disappoint you Shy , i am done with Sun TV. You know ... i used to watch some serials like Metti Oli and Annamalai regularly , but now i completely stopped watching any of the serials.

Metti Oli was doing ok but they too started adding usual masala like the gal in love marries the guy who is not her lover but arranged by her parents, laters she discovers that she is tricked by her dad about her ex lover and later she elopes with her ex...her husband supports her ...adding to this flame ...she becomes pregnant and her second husband suspects her pregnancy and her second in-laws bad mouth her ......ufffffffffff after that i dont even give a glance to that serial.

Thalai suthuthu... Metti Oli seems to be famous.. Heard many of my friends following it.. But eppadi ellam situationa :00: kashtam da saami...

Why i stopped watching Annamalai?

Annamlai's second drug-addicted daughter becomes pregnant from the first son of the vaidiyar and pretends to be married to the second son who sincerly loves her. The first son cheats her and marries another gal and they end up with divorce and again he agrees to marry her but she refuses and marries the second son for real ...........holy crap!

Yaenoo enakku intha seriala first iruntha pudikalai. I was in India on vacation appo, appovae somewhat I didnt like this one.. Chithi thaan pudichu irunthathu.

Neenga soliteenga, hear this.

Salanam
======

3 sisters. One gets married to a city guy, one fall in love with another caste guy. so her father sends her to akka veedu. villan is mama ;) he tries to cover machini.. but without her finding it out. akkava romba torture ellam seiyuraan.. u know 30 episodes poiyaachu, evaloo thaan serial poi irukku ..

Marumagal
=======

Kushboo :D, manjula eppadi naraiya per irukaanga.. day to life activities between M and DIL.. appuram having 2 wives and maintaining eppadi poorathu kathai... ithu matum thaan parkuraen
of all the serials..

poovilangu
=======

A village girl marries a city guy. This guy starts a business, partner is a beauitful younglady. Husband loves his wife dearly(orae kashtam they cant have any children, ithu husbandkku matum thaan theriyum, wife doesnt know yet), but oru slight salanam with the partner, hes more understanding, close with his partner than his wife, but yet no physical. Village girl knows this but dont know what to do....

Todays update ;)
===========

Partner and husband sernthu thappu paniduraanga, since he was drunk.

Ithu thavira payanamnu onnu irukku, i dont know abt that. Also comedy serials like thillu mullu (YG mahendran oodathu), All in All Sekar(Sekar's, not serial but something like talk show), then nayandi tharbar yugisethuoodathu irukku.

Vijay dont have this top 10 kinda thing or pepsi uma mathiri yaethuvum ellai. just vijay talkies and new songs avalothaan.

Pepsi Uma hasn't changed for the past long long years ...her same black saree, same hair style and same big ear rings and same kind of talks ...if a housewife calls ...her usual words " Verum Housewifennu sollathenga Housewifennu perumaiya sollunga" . If a bachelor guy calls "Sekram kalyanam pannikathinga , jollya irunga ...methuva ..." . "Iyyo neenga chinna paiyana unga kural periyavanga kural mathri irukku" "IyIyyo neenga vayasanavangala unga kural kulantha madhri " "Hmmm Hmmmm appdiya ohhhh " . Adaiyenkappa podra nallu pattuku ivalothaiyam kekanum.

exactly.. "Hmmm Hmmmm appdiya ohhhh" acho aswin, appadiyae solreenga :lol: :lol: this is her trademark i guess, eppo paaru iluthu iluthu thaan pesuvaa, also pallu tip pudichutu pesarathu right :)

Saturday u have KB's serial onnu. But yes i remember the ones u are talking abt, i miss them too.. even malgudi serial kooda enakku romba pudikkum... athu ellam eppo ellai..:(

Shy

silican
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parava illaye...sema alasu alasi irukeenga. :sm12: My dad used to tell whenever I call him, "Vijay TV rocks. :b: Lots of comedy stuff" But Vijay TV'kkaga Direct TV vaangaradhu waste'nu vittutten. :snooty:

Oh Yeah, Metti Oli en friend veetukku pogum podhu paathirukken. It reminds the ever famous Santa-barbara that used to come in Star. :sm12:

I was subscribing to Raj TV for 2 months through Num TV. But programs were really stale. :ahha: I think they telecast the same program which I saw in India 2 years back :doh:

so, for the moment I have settled with Jaya TV (again through NumTV). Two awesome serials Sahana and Engirundho Vandhal both from K.Balachander's company. And some weekly comedy bazaar (they are 2 Good) and lots of movie based programs. The progs are crap but the girls who host the show :sm05: :sm11:

- Silican :sm10:

anainar
01-07-2005, 07:58 PM
அம்மாடியோ!! இந்த அலசு அலசரீங்க எல்லா சீரியலையும ்!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never watched the serials anyway during any time. I was hooked into Chitthi for a while but extricated myself in a week's time. My addiction was with NDTV. I will sit oblivious of everything watching the telecast. I used to have 2 tvs at my home in India because I felt it makes no sense to fight for the remote when you know you won't win with Star Plus and its "K" series( Kyunki ...., Kahaani, kusum etc ) tele serials. :D :D :D

BTW, does NumTV work really well Silix? Can I subscribe to try it out. :think: :think:

The only thing I miss so much is Sapthaswarangal and Arattai Arangam. So refreshing every week with different set of people.

Cheers

silican
01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Num Tv is really good for budget-oriented guys like me ;) I pay 10 bucks a month for Jaya, SS Music package. If you pay 19 bucks, you get Jaya,Raj,SS Music, Raj Digital Plus, Aaj Tak/ Headlines Today channels.

The best part is they archive 2 weeks of programs except the News and it works fine for me. The Biggest comedy is when u watch Jaya News at 8:30 and then watch Sun TV news from indiamoviezone. You will go mad seeing the contrived news both the TV gives.

- Silican

aswin
01-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Todays update Wink
===========

Partner and husband sernthu thappu paniduraanga, since he was drunk.

Ohhhhhh *uma style *

Ithu thavira payanamnu onnu irukku, i dont know abt that. Also comedy serials like thillu mullu (YG mahendran oodathu), All in All Sekar(Sekar's, not serial but something like talk show), then nayandi tharbar yugisethuoodathu irukku.

Vijay dont have this top 10 kinda thing or pepsi uma mathiri yaethuvum ellai. just vijay talkies and new songs avalothaan.

I quess Nayandi is cool program from Vijay , no more serials for me ..pothunda sami

:nono: :nono:

Num TV , Yaru intha monitorla parkarthu ...but Raj and Jaya TV may be kind of reasonable , i guess.

Ananinar, having two TV's is a great idea :cool:

aswin
01-07-2005, 09:25 PM
The Biggest comedy is when u watch Jaya News at 8:30 and then watch Sun TV news from indiamoviezone

Yep it is :D

I have been following sun news about tsunami and know what they did not utter a word about our CM views on Tsunami and its disaster , they hate her :D