PDA

View Full Version : Type of Women, men prefer: Draupathi or Seetha

Bluelotus
01-31-2005, 01:52 AM
As valentines approaches, thought it might be fun to have a "silly" debate.

What kind of Women do the Men of today prefer?

Seetha, the epitome of a good daughter and wife?

Draupathi, the strong minded woman who brought down a kingdom on its knees?

Not arguing which woman is better, as we all agree that they both are wonderful legendary ladies. Simply going to use them as examples for thei characters and personalities they represent.

Geethamites!

could you please form 2 teams?

Team Seetha v Team Draupathi

:D Everyone is highly welcome :D

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 04:32 AM
None. Men only prefer women like Hellen Keller. That is 'deaf and dumb'. :evil:

vasan
01-31-2005, 04:48 AM

Oh.. dear good God... :00: :00: :00:

I understand your views on men, Priyanka - but sadly you could not have picked a worse choice... :evil: :evil:

Ms. Keller is an amazing inspiration - and although dead lives in the heart of all. To be factual though, Ms. Keller was both blind and deaf (since she was 1 1/2 years old) and taught her self to speak, tracing the mouth of her teacher (how it opens and how it bends and so on), and went on to give speaches in her later life.

If a man prefers a woman like Helen Keller its not a shame. In my truly humble opinion, not only men should look for women who are like Helen Keller, but should themselves be inspired to be like her - undaunting in her efforts inspite of any disabilities. And not just that - every parent should teach the uplifting story of Ms. Kellers life to their children.

Helen Keller was not only a great woman - she was way beyond gender - and truly a remarkable human being...

Vasan

ps: Forgive me Blue for going off topic. If you would like it otherwise, I could edit it out. Thanks.

silican
01-31-2005, 04:54 AM
I voted for Draupati.

Seetha was a good daughter - listened to her father and married the one who emerged as the winner in the Swayamwara contest conducted by her dad. Good wife - yes, she just obeyed to her husband and took each and every word.

Draupati - A strong minded woman ?? :think: What did she do other than pulling out her hair and washing them in Dhuryodhana's blood before combing them again. May be she provoked the Pandavas to fight the battle.

Please throw some light on the character/achievements of the two.
- Silix

coolian
01-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Vasan - excellent. Respect.

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 05:33 AM
None. Men only prefer women like Hellen Keller. That is 'deaf and dumb'.

Sorry about this :oops: . Actually, naan ennavo solla vandhu athu ennavo aayiducchu. I should not have told that. Helen was such a great lady. Indha aambalainga enna sonnaalum vaaye thorakkaatha maadiri pondatti venum-nu expect pannuvaanga-nnu solla vandhu appadi sollitten. :( Thanks Vasan for pointing out my mistake.
:P

Coming to the topic:\
Hmmm... pretty tough question. 'cuz both women are great in their own way.

suha
01-31-2005, 05:53 AM
...... kanaghi..... :ee: :lol:

"kanaghi sillai thaan ingu unndu...seedhaiku tahniyai silai edhu " :think:

i just heard this song :lol:

san2003
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM

PK...i would say....men only prefer women like aishwarya rai, trisha... or miss world n miss universe :)
hehhehehee.... im sure now all the geetham men will come after me... escape ;):ee:

anainar
01-31-2005, 01:29 PM
PK, that is ok, we did get the message, except the example woman Helen Keller was a tad wrong. John Macy is one lucky guy in the world to have got a woman like Keler to be his better half.

Seriously though, being deaf and dumb for real is not a problem. But selectively becoming deaf and dumb is the biggest problem. :ee: :ee: Like tuning in only to QVC or MSN Shopping channel, or acting dumb when the telephone bill/credit card bill arrives.

I voted for Draupadi. Not because Draupadi is stronger than Sita or she brought down a kingdom on its knees. But more so because she knew her feminity and accepted it, rather than trying to go 100000 miles to prove her fidelity. She used her feminity when the same feminity was abused by Dryudona.

Cheers

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Ennai ketta gents' choice will be 'rendu perum vEndam aalai vidunga!' :lol:

Shy
01-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Sweetlotus... mm.. tough question... U should have another choice as both ;) I mean Strong woman like draupathi, but also an obedient wife :)

Shy

Bluelotus
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Okie I'm sorry folks I thought that Draupathi was the fiery kind of woman while Seetha was the meek and obedient kind.
I thought Draupathi incited her husbands to go to war, while Seetha just did as she was told and even walk on fire for her husband's sake.

If you have a better model please let me know. ( I had to decide between Kunthi, Kannagi, Savitri and Draupathi...and somewhere I got mixed up :think: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suha,

there was a statue of kannagi in Chennai, I heard. However I also read that Dr Jaylalitha had it removed, possibly at the request of the Woman's lib movement :think: don't actually know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
San,

Draupathi and Seetha were like Miss Universes and Miss World combined but 10 times better :sm12:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that men of today want a Seetha-like

one who defers to him on all matters, cooks, cleans, keeps quite...

the perfect trophy wife :wink: :wink:

PK neengallum "seetha" team thaanae :wink: :wink:
*cough* just dumb so she can't answer back *cough*

blue.

PS: Ms Keller :b: great person........just a misunderstanding ...lets move on :wink:

coolian
01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I think that men of today want a Seetha-like one who defers to him on all matters, cooks, cleans, keeps quite...the perfect trophy wife :wink: :wink:No way!!! Frankly if I had a wife who was soooooooo dependent on me, I'd run away and marry someone else! Nobody wants someone who asks for permission everytime she wants to do something - at least, not me. BUT she better be able to cook...I'm so sick of my own cooking that I'm almost thinking of hiring a cook...hmmm...

PS: She better be good looking too :evil:.

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Dear blues. Please add one more option. It is Sathyabhama, Krishna's wife. She kicked Krishna with her leg, when Krishna promised to bring her "Parijatham" flower but not bring it. :sm12:

anainar
01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
She kicked Krishna with her leg, when Krishna promised to bring her "Parijatham" flower but not bring it

இந்த மேட்டர் எல்லாம் இப்படி பப்ளிக்கா சொல்லி மிதி வாங்க வைக்காதீங் கோ விபிகே!! புண்ணியமா போகும். :pray: :pray: :pray:

Cheers

நிஜமா மிதிச்சாளா சத்தியபாமா ? நம்ப முடியலியே?? இது நிஜமாவே பாரதம் தானா, இல்லாட்டி உங்களோட உடான்ஸ் மகாபாரதமா?

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Ekt! This story does not come in Mahabharatha. But it is tru. Nejamaave appadi oru kathai irukku.

PS: Jaggirathai, unga wife ithai padicchuda poraanga. appuram pinvilaivukalukku naan poruppalla. :sm12:

coolian
01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Paavam unga husband...:ee:...:ahha:

Priyanka
01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Paavam unga husband...:ee:...:ahha:

grrrr.... :evil: Naan sathyabamavai sonnen. Enna sollikkalai. :evil: Saty(Sathyabama in Short)kkum enakkum mudicchu podaatheenga. :nono: Ithu nallaa illai. Aamam sollitten. :cry:

coolian
01-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Chumma sonnEn...ithukku poi neenga... :? :00:

vasan
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
You want a silly debate, Bleu.. here we go.. :wink:

villai muri (or Green card irukkaa :wink:) - appo thaan kalyaanaamnnu sollittu oru father, kudavey.. "oii.. antha maana konduvaa, intha mayilai pudi, antha gold fish vennunu, BMW vennun" adam pidikkira wife..

edhu nadanthaalum, yaar thappu panninaalum, "ellaam unga chittappa paiyan irukkane... unga periyappa ponnu irukkaley" appadinnu kudumbaththila sandai mootti vaikira wife.. Ava aarambichu vaikkira sandaiyila kudumbam rendaaki, aayiram genmaththikkum athai paththi pesura alavukku pagai..

Ithula yaara select pannurathu? :? :? :?

How about, 'I saw you, and fell in love with you and want to be with you at any cost' sorta girl? I think you shoulda added 'soorpanagai' into the pic, Blue.. :P :P

Are you going to add that option? :wink: Otherwise, I would vote for Draupadi.. :P :P (thollai comes from the girl only.. not from her dad and mom and onnu-vitta cousin.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:)..

v-

silican
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
I would vote for Draupadi.. (thollai comes from the girl only.. not from her dad and mom and onnu-vitta cousin.. )..

Come on Bro..
Draupathi's dad gave these guys a hard time and asked them to shoot a revolving fish by seeing it's reflection. :00:

Her brother (indha machan thollai kaalam kaalama iruku :sm12: ) came behind to see whether she is living happily and he was a serious albatross....:doh:

Bottom line is "Wife comes with trouble" whoever she is....:snooty:

- Silican

vasan
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Come on Bro..
Draupathi's dad gave these guys a hard time and asked them to shoot a revolving fish by seeing it's reflection.

:00: :00: :00:

Sorry.. maranthutten... :00: :sm03:

Thanks for the timely warning, Silix... :yes: :yes:

Bleu, take off Draupadi choice from my post.. :P :P

v-

jaggy4u
01-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Gents of today will prefer Sita for sure...she is a perfect wife in all sense..;)
Draupathi is good but not comparable to sita..
ok so wat will girls prefer...raman or krishna.. :think:
All c. songs are made of krishna..no temple for raman..dont he deserved more?

silican
01-31-2005, 09:54 PM
no temple for raman..

:00: :00: :00: Enna aachu Ungalukku ???? Ramar Koil prachanai ellam completea marandhuteengala ??

- Silix

Shy
01-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Gents of today will prefer Sita for sure...she is a perfect wife in all sense..;)
Draupathi is good but not comparable to sita..
ok so wat will girls prefer...raman or krishna.. :think:
All c. songs are made of krishna..no temple for raman..dont he deserved more?

athu vanthu jaga.. ovvaru ponnum, avalooda husband thaan ramannu nenaichu valipadura.. so ithukkunu oru separate idol thevai ellai right :ee:

Shy

jaggy4u
01-31-2005, 10:13 PM
silicx
angheyum raman kku kovil katta mudiala paarungha..ithula irunthu enna theriyudhu oru penn thaan vazhkainnu vazhnthaa single sq.ft kooda kidaikkathu...krishnara paarungha ella jil jil m pannittu kovil kovil aa katti kumbidurangha ;)
Shy
ithu romba over...enthaa ponnu thannoda husband aa valipaduthu...ellam vili pidhungha vaikkirangha...:)

Bluelotus
02-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Rama has a temple, Krishna too...
that is beside the point...Ramanakattikittu chumma kadu kada alaiyaa mudiyaathu ennala :snooty:

SHy Akka there is no song which goes vada Rama vaa.... is there :ahha:

~~~~~~~~

Anyway....

Look ppl I can't keep adding all those names or can I :think:

I never heard of Sorpanagai

okie deicide all together then who you wish to have added instead of Draupathi...cos we're only having too choices :ee:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thattha :wink:
Draupathi not only had a green card, but she had this magic bowl too which cooked foos on its own :sm12:
and her best Friend was Krishna...can you get a more well connected woman :lol:

:wink: intha topic Kannan Raman pathi illai :wink:

Coolian what happened to you dude?? :00:
I heard you were gonna becoem a hermit and move to the mountains....and now you wanna get married :lol:

I totally disagree with you...
you say that now...then watch 6 months into the marriage you guys are all the same...she won't be allowed to put a finger out of place without your say so :wink:
with that in mind...I still think that Guys of today are not that much different from the guys of yesteryears....adn still look for their ideal little meek and obedient Seetha :sm10:

blue.

coolian
02-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I totally disagree with you...
you say that now...then watch 6 months into the marriage you guys are all the same...she won't be allowed to put a finger out of place without your say so :wink:
with that in mind...I still think that Guys of today are not that much different from the guys of yesteryears....adn still look for their ideal little meek and obedient Seetha :sm10:
No way. I don't know about the guys you've seen who got married :ahha: but every single guy I know will never be like that - and I'm pretty sure 95% of the guys out there are the same. As women change, so do men. I wouldn't be able to stand a woman who looks for my approval in everything she does. I'd get bored, and bored real fast. Guys these days are very different from the dudes a generation back. For instance, 50 years back, if a dude knew his daughter was dating or partying, she'd have been murdered. I wouldn't give a rat's ass if my daughter dates someone as long as he's a decent fella. See? Times change, blue :ee:.

vasan
02-01-2005, 02:43 AM
totally disagree with you...
with that in mind...I still think that Guys of today are not that much different from the guys of yesteryears....adn still look for their ideal little meek and obedient Seetha

blue.

Aiyoo daa saamy.. Yaarukkum match making panna venaam Bleu.. :00:

Not a meek and oh.. so.. blah.. blah.. Seetha... Just the fiesty and fiery Draupadi is required, wanted, needed and desired.. :wink: Pretty and Fiesty.. :b: Hey, we are men, and we can take criticism. We take it in our stride :wink: So we don't need 'obedience' and 'worship, we need a companion and 'partnership'..

Draupadi it is.. :P

Paanchaali sapatham padingo.. :P :P Bharathi knew what men like, and thats why he wrote about Draupadi.. :P :P

v-

since my favorite Soorpanagai is not even in the contest, I had to choose.. :snooty: But, hey once selected, I go with my choice.. :P :P

silican
02-01-2005, 02:48 AM
I never heard of Sorpanagai

Oi Bluey..She is ur ancestor from Lanka..:ee:

She is(or was) Ravana's sister and she got a nose-cut literally when she went and proposed to Rama. I guess Lakshmana did that out of jealousy. :ahha:

- Silican

Bluelotus
02-01-2005, 02:53 AM
yeah riiiiiiight you all say that now...but just you watch...

Seetha, the woman who loved so much that she gave up the whole luxury lifestyle to follow her husband in exile is still the one you euloge about :wink:

She's the one who will give you "bed coffees" and make your favourite sambar and idly
Remember the one so beautiful that poems have been written about...

does it make her more appealing to you fellows now :wink:

You guys can't handle fiesty :snooty: poor men...you'll just go crying back to your Mummies :snooty:

so I repeat Seetha for the Men of today...and perhaps tomorrow men will be able to love and handle Draupathi for who she is and not who they wish she was :wink:

:ahha:

blue.

coolian
02-01-2005, 02:58 AM
Me want fiesty, me want fiesty.....mummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y.....

vasan
02-01-2005, 03:00 AM
She's the one who will give you "bed coffees" and make your favourite sambar and idly

Where did you get this impression??

I wonder if seetha brought coffee (or its equivalent).. but I know she bugged and nagged and nagged Rama until he went after that maan..

Nooooo.. noooo.. NO nagging.. Arguments and fiesty criticism, yes!! naggin and cryin, and making a scene.. a big NO.. :P :P

Oii.. Not one of the pandavas complained about Paanchali.. :ahha: Rama and Seetha broke away.. :P :P

Tell me now.. :wink:

Draupadi .. is the best choice.

v-

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 03:06 AM

Where did you get this impression??

I wonder if seetha brought coffee (or its equivalent).. but I know she bugged and nagged and nagged Rama until he went after that maan..

Nooooo.. noooo.. NO nagging.. Arguments and fiesty criticism, yes!! naggin and cryin, and making a scene.. a big NO.. :P :P

Oii.. Not one of the pandavas complained about Paanchali.. :ahha: Rama and Seetha broke away.. :P :P

v-

அதெல்லாம் நான் ஒத்துக்க மாட்டேன். :snooty: இந்த காலத்து பசங்களுக்க ு சத்யபாமா மாடிரி ஒயிஃப் அமையறது தான் சரி. (the one who kicked Krishna with her leg for not bringing "Parijatham") :lol:

silican
02-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Oii.. Not one of the pandavas complained about Paanchali..

That was because those guys had too many wifes to worry about. Not just Paanjali. Arjuna had to worry abt Subathra (Krishna's Daughter and Abhimanu's mom) and Bheema had to worry about Edimbi (Kadothkaja's mom) and so on. Also When u have a big trouble divided by 5, it becomes much smaller :sm12:

- Silican

vasan
02-01-2005, 03:11 AM
அதெல்லாம் நான் ஒத்துக்க மாட்டேன். இந்த காலத்து பசங்களுக்க ு சத்யபாமா மாடிரி ஒயிஃப் அமையறது தான் சரி. (the one who kicked Krishna with her leg for not bringing "Parijatham")

பசங்களுக்க ு யார புடிக்குன் னு கேள்வி.. இதுக்கு நடுவுல, பசங்களுக்க ு யார ப்ரியங்கா செலக்ட் பண்ணுவாங்க ன்னு சொன்னா என்ன பண்ணரது? உங்க ஐடியாவும் தப்பு, செலக் ஷனும் தப்பு... :doh: :doh:

பசங்கல புரிஞ்சுக் கரது ரொம்ப ஈஸி பிரியங்கா.. முயற்சி பண்ணுங்க.. உங்களால் முடியாதது எதுவுமே இல்லை.. :P :P

Bluelotus
02-01-2005, 03:14 AM

v-

ahaa

But the Pandavas were five :wink:

Draupathi was so fieresome that five men were needed ....
Rama stuck to Seetha despite the separation ...

SO what I'm trying to explain to you Tattha Dear is that forget it ...men of today would never be able to handle even half of Draupathi.

No offence meant thattha ....I think guys today ar great...terribly clever and all....but really Draupathi would reduce them to a tears :?

We don't want great guys like Coolian and thattha to cry now do we :wink:

so I say go find your Seethai :wink:

blue.

coolian
02-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Blue...I don't think you'd ever see us great guys cry :ee:. Why is so hard for women to...believe!? I'd need someone I can talk with, not talk to. I'd want someone interesting, not someone who'll say "yes master, want that with tea?" all the time. Sheesh.

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 03:23 AM
You are wrong Blues. Ethukkeduththaalum "aamam saami" podra pondatti vaichchha life interesting-aave irukkaathu. Konja naalla vazhkaiye bore adicchudum. Indha kaala suzhnilaikku athu otthu varaathu. Atu uppu kooda illaama verum more sadham saapidraa maadiri irukkum. Challenging wife amanjaathaan life interesting-a irukkum.

So I think men will prefer only Draupathi. Sathyabama will be the best choice tholu :wink:

vasan
02-01-2005, 04:03 AM
We don't want great guys like Coolian and thattha to cry now do we :wink:

That will be the day when hell will look like Iceland in winter... :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: (I had some other city in my mind, but.. you know those privacy laws... :P :P)...

BTW, Blue, you are confusing between Draupadi and bhadrakaali... :P :P Draupadi is not a person to be scared off, but some one who every guy desired. Nice woman. Really. (Nice woman, and so ofcourse rare as well.. ) BTW, not one of the pandavas ever cried.. :ahha: Not even the last two, whose names I am sure you won't remember... :wink:

thaatha would be delighted to have a woman like draupadi as his paththini.. :P No crying.. Only writing the greatest of all love poems.. :P :P

Draupadi.. :yes:

v-

suha
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
engha ponnalum...debates :Ksp:

Ippadiye pana naan orru debate open paniduvvein :lol:

which kids more liked parents...babby boy or baby girl

mens liked......................... ...womens liked

babby girl or baby boy

anainar
02-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Seetha?? Soooooooo boring. I would rather employ a house help to make tea for me rather than having a wife who treats me like her master. And that nagging for the deer, she put ultimatum that if he loves her, he has to get that deer. Who would want such ultimatums in life?? That too after marriage? Whether you love each other or not, you are stuck and try to work your way through, as divorce is painful and time consuming.

We need woman who can grow up who can carry herself. No body wants to baby sit a 20-30 year old baby. We like women who believe in consensus rather than confrontation. Unlike Sita, Draupadi never gave ultimatums to her husbands or nagged them to get this or that. When her feminity was challenged, she motivated her husbands to fight for that, not for a deer. That is character.

Give us a Draupadi any day and we can handle. Sita??? Take a hike lady. Raman is in the jungle.

Cheers

silican
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Unlike Sita, Draupadi never gave ultimatums to her husbands or nagged them to get this or that. When her feminity was challenged, she motivated her husbands to fight for that, not for a deer.

You know what ?? This lady said, " Get me Thuchadhana's (or Duryodhanas) blood. I will wash my hair with his blood and only then I will comb it. தலை எல்லாம் சிக்கு புடிச்சி ஈரும் பேனுமா அப்படியே திரவுபதி நிக்க, அதை பாக்க சகிக்காமா தான் பாண்டவர்கள ெல்லாம் சண்டைக்கு போனாங்க. மத்தபடி மோட்டிவேஷன ் எல்லாம் சும்மா :sm12:

- Silican

anainar
02-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Get me Thuchadhana's (or Duryodhanas) blood. I will wash my hair with his blood and only then I will comb it. தலை எல்லாம் சிக்கு புடிச்சி ஈரும் பேனுமா அப்படியே திரவுபதி நிக்க, அதை பாக்க சகிக்காமா தான் பாண்டவர்கள ெல்லாம் சண்டைக்கு போனாங்க. மத்தபடி மோட்டிவேஷன ் எல்லாம் சும்மா

There is a difference. She did not ask Thuchadana's blood just for the heck of it. He stripped and molested her in front a whole dharbar. These guys who are supposed to be defending her modesty were total morons, watching that humiliation. She transformed those buttheads into fighting heroes. Tell what else could be motivation? She knew they would not want her with uncombed hair. She used that feminity to her strength.

Cheers

ashokcsn_2000
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I would prefer draupathi..... Someone like sita cant stand Rama with another woman... but drau wouldnt mind... see all the pandavas... had other affairs going on and she was pretty unasssuming about them....

And what a motivator she is really.. made them goto war and win it.... But she is also known as the avatar of kali... going to the battle fields and eating (clearing) all the dead... wouldnt want that half of it.... (ithuvum mahabarathathil varum oru kutti kathai)....

Sita??? Take a hike lady. Raman is in the jungle.

well said anainar.. wouldnt mind Sita.. kannagi and madhavi joinning in ;)

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
I would prefer draupathi..... Someone like sita cant stand Rama with another woman... but drau wouldnt mind... see all the pandavas... had other affairs going on and she was pretty unasssuming about them

அட பாவிங்களா! இது உங்களுக்கே ஞாயமா படுதா? :evil:

silican
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I would prefer draupathi..... Someone like sita cant stand Rama with another woman... but drau wouldnt mind... see all the pandavas... had other affairs going on and she was pretty unasssuming about them

Idhenna vamba pochchu...Draupadikku mattum 5 purushan irukkalam..but paandavas'ku mattum pala kaNavargaL irukka kUdaadha ?? inththa angle'la yosichadhunala dhan draupadhi kova padama Free uttutta.

- Silican

Shy
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Idhenna vamba pochchu...Draupadikku mattum 5 purushan irukkalam..but paandavas'ku mattum pala kaNavargaL irukka kUdaadha ?? inththa angle'la yosichadhunala dhan draupadhi kova padama Free uttutta.

- Silican

mm.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

yaen intha anglela yosingalaen.. u guys in one of the pandavas shoes .. appo appadi shared wife okvaa :evil: :evil:

Shy

silican
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
appo appadi shared wife okvaa

Aiyo naane clarify pannradhukku munnadiye neenga kettuteenga. Good Question!.Idhai padinga mudhal'la Chumma Jollykku dhan. So padichittu saththam poda koodadhu :nono:

Dharmar: Thingakezhama yenda vidiyidhunnu irukku..Kaathala enchu naan velaikku poradhukke kaduppa irukkum..idhula iva vandhu engannanukku unga company'la velaikku try panrennu sonneengle..rendu vaara ennaththa kizhicheenga'nu kekkaraa. illa ma naan office'la konjam busynnu izhuththa, nee office'la vetti murikkaradhu enakku theriyadhunnu nakkal adikkaraa. saayangalam veetukku varamaa naanum evvlo neram dhan offic'liye okkandhurukkaradhu. :cry: Peon kooda avan ther'a eduthuttu veetukku poidraan.

Bheema: Ada ponganne paaka dhan balasaali..Sevvaikezhamai aana theriyum sangadhi..Chappathikku mavu pesayaradhulendhu samayalukku maram vettradhulerndhu thni thovaikkara varaikkum ellam naan dhan seyyaren. velila dhan ella payalum enna pathu bayapadaraanga. veetla naan dhan avala paaththu payappadaren.

Arjuna: Hmm idhukke ippdi solreengale..peru dhan enakku Vil Vijayan. adikadi thottathukku villoda anuppi thengai adi, maangai adinnu bayangara nachchu panraa. Thengai ellam maram yerama parikka mudiyadhunnu sonnalum kekka maatengraa. Indha vil-ambu edhukku mudhugu soriyava vachirukkennu mugathula adikaramadhiri kekkra. Idhu kooda paravailla Sunday aachunna innum kodumai...veeetla kari edukkanumnu sollittu enna vaya kaatukku anuppidaraa.naan poi anga menjukittu irukkira aadu, appuram vayal'la nikkara kokku, kenathula kedakkra meenu, yaarum paakathappo pakkathula balaraman veetula valakara kozhi, idhellam ambaala adichi kondu vara vendi irukku. :snooty: Dhronar mattum idhai ellam paatharnna enakku vilviththai kaththu koduthadhukku anganaye naandukittu sethuduvaar :cry:

Nakula: unga kavala ungalukku...2 naalukku munnadi dhan anne ennoda porvaaLa koor theetinen..paarunga ippo idhai vachikittu pasanga gilli thaanda aadaraanga..Pinna rendu naala poosanikkai vetti, podalangaai narukki vaaL mazhungi pochu anne. Ennoda thera kooda vithuttu kanchipurathukku poi andha kaasula oru pattu podavai vaangitta anne :cry:

Dharma: Vidungappa nalla velai..Naama anju perum oththumaiya irukkaradhunala ippdi prachanaiya pagundhukkarom. Nalla velai Draupadhanukku ore ponnu..5 ponnaa pethirundhaan'na, innerathukku anju ponnaiyum anju per thalaila katti vittruppan. :00: Aaama Sagadhevan enga da aalaiye kaanom.

Nakulan: Ippo dhan anne ava kulichu mudichaa..adhaan avalukku sambrani pottu sapaadu pottuttu kaal amukki vittuttu iruppan. Aduththu ava thoonginappuram thuni ellam thovachi mudichittu dhan varuvaan.

Ellorum sogama Sagadhevanukkaga wait panraango.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<---- Screen closing and Kaatchi mudinjing :ee: ---->

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Silican. Panchali is such a great woman. Avalai ippadi kindal pandrathu sariyillai. She was the incarnation of goddess Kali herself. Thamasu pandrathukkum alavu irukku. :? Ithellaam nalla illai. Amam sollitten. :nono:

coolian
02-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Agreed.

ashokcsn_2000
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Sili

Super narration... what a karpanai.. :clap:

Bluelotus
02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Is it me or is it something in the water these days... :think:

you do realise that anything other than monogamy (except if you happen to be a Moslem living in Saudi) is ilegal right :wink:

Thattha...a woman scorned can be worse than Bathrakali Herself :?
so anyways...guys guys...stop wishing for a complicated life....opt out for seetha and you'll get bed coffees for life :ahha:

ashokcsn_2000
02-01-2005, 08:44 PM
The problem with sita is that it is hard to live with her... either she is kidnapped or she runs away from home.... and ultimately when you find peace the earth breaks open and she goes back into the earth.. :Ksp:

vasan
02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Thattha...a woman scorned can be worse than Bathrakali Herself
so anyways...guys guys...stop wishing for a complicated life....opt out for seetha and you'll get bed coffees for life

haiyoooooo... :doh: :doh:

My coffee maker makes a nice little alarm and wakes me up with hot coffee in the morning.. Don't need no wifey for that..

No one is aspiring for polygamy when we appreciate Paanchali's personality. It was okie then - and Paanchali didn't throw tantrums at that. Thats equivalent to some thing like: I buy a music system (coolest Bose!!) and my wife doesn't throw a tantrum for that.. :ahha:

Equate whats permitted now (legally) to whats permitted then legally... Okie? (ellaam onnaam class pasangalluku sollura maaththiri teach panna vendi irukku!)...

Standing up infront of the whole Court, and presenting her case and challenging them to own up to their morals and values.. Now, thats a woman to look upto and feel happy to be a part of your life. There is strength in her convictions, power in her arguments, and immeasurable beauty in her honesty. Draupadi is not just a woman Duryodhana could drool on, but a woman even Krishna would be proud to have as a friend.

Draupadi is the kind of woman any sensible man would want as his wife. :P :P

v-

coolian
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Blue, are you planning on being the kinda wife you think we guys want - that is The Coffee Giver/Maid/Yes-Woman?

Just a thought :ee:.

Priyam2004
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Draupathi or Seetha...err... :think: I think a mixture of both of these are needed to make a good partner...!!! :D A woman needs to be kind hearted, caring and loving in order to make a good wife & mother...on the other hand she also needs to be strong willed, bold and have the ability and strength to face anything at anytime...so...I would say neither Draupathi or Seetha stand as 'perfect' on their own! :Ksp: Guys these days prefer and expect a bit of both....!!!!!!! ;) I maybe wrong though! :ee:

Bluelotus
02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Blue, are you planning on being the kinda wife you think we guys want - that is The Coffee Giver/Maid/Yes-Woman?

Just a thought :ee:.

:evil: do I sound like that kinda wimpy woman :snooty:

coolian
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Well....ummm....how do I put this across w/o hurting anyone....ermm....

silican
02-01-2005, 09:19 PM
guys guys...stop wishing for a complicated life....opt out for seetha and you'll get bed coffees for life

But what is the point marrying someone who does everything as soon as I tell. Just remembering the Stepford-Wives.

- Silican

coolian
02-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Draupathi or Seetha...err... :think: I think a mixture of both of these are needed to make a good partner...!!!
Guess you're right...where's Sitapathi?!!! (That's not a dude's name, is it?!)

vasan
02-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I maybe wrong though! :ee:

Oiii... You are wrong.. :doh:

Guys prefer Draupadi.

Vasan

ps: Queens.. :P Pattimandram poguthu.. you gottaa chooose one and go with it.. Ippadi unmai ellaam pesakudaathu. Only good arguments are needed. No facts. :wink:

anainar
02-01-2005, 09:38 PM
I maybe wrong though

Is this called Self Doubt?? :sm12: :sm12:

Blues, Monogomy is the only legal thing now. Polygamy was the norm during those days. So, monogomy is taken for granted in these days.

There is also another thing about Sita. Lakshman draws a safety line and asks her not to cross it. But this whimpy lady cant stand some one else taking care of business. She breaks that line only to end up in danger. Why cant she stay inside the line as told when Lakshman knows there is danger outside?

The same thing with Draupadi! When the Arakku maaligai was set on fire, she does not hesitate to run for her life along with others. That is what it is about. Being smart to take care of onself.

Cheers

valluvan
02-02-2005, 12:34 AM
As valentines approaches, thought it might be fun to have a "silly" debate.

What kind of Women do the Men of today prefer?

Seetha, the epitome of a good daughter and wife?

Draupathi, the strong minded woman who brought down a kingdom on its knees?

Blue, :D I feel your question is incomplete......If the question is like below, then it would be more accurate and appropriate to answer.

What kind of Women do the Men of today prefer as their wife/ daughter/ sister/ mum, etc ?

Because every man is having his own choice as their wife/daughter/sister,etc....

I believe, you will agree.........

coolian
02-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I believe Blue meant "wife".

Bluelotus
02-02-2005, 12:56 AM
There is also another thing about Sita. Lakshman draws a safety line and asks her not to cross it. But this whimpy lady cant stand some one else taking care of business. She breaks that line only to end up in danger. Why cant she stay inside the line as told when Lakshman knows there is danger outside?

The same thing with Draupadi! When the Arakku maaligai was set on fire, she does not hesitate to run for her life along with others. That is what it is about. Being smart to take care of onself.

:ee:
Anainar...did I ever say that the men of today wanted a smart wife :ahha:

Valluvan,

you cannot choose your mother, sister, grandma, aunt, cousin...
you can choose your wife :wink: although in your case I would recommend Vasuki very strongly :ee:

Listen folks,
I seem to be the only "ethirkatchi" here ...but let me reiterate aagin :wink:

In my not so humble opinion I strongly believe that men of today would never be able to live happily and lead a peaceful and contented life with a woman like Draupathi. Hence an ideal mate for the men of today would be someone like Janaki :ee:

[ :evil: this is in no way an indication that I share anything in common with dear Seetha's character...even My ammmammaa doesn't think so :sm10: so there :ahha: ... :P sheesh my mother would laugh so hard if she even heard that comparison :Ksp: ]

After all you guys always go on about needing a cook :wink: Janaki can cook yummy food :ee:
She does have a temper, slight of course...see the Laxman scene, she knows her own worth.
Devoted to her hubby, to the point of waiting for him to do all the rescuing when potentially she could have escaped earlier (not sure abt this ...never read it :ee: )
She is the Epitome of the Perfect wife!
A reincarnation of the Goddess Mahalaxmi herself :wink:
while Draupathi (quoted from Priyanka) is the Incarnation of the fearsome warrior Goddess.

Soft and gentle, yet she can be fearsome wehn her hubby is in danger...cooks like a gourmet chef :wink: :wink:
excellent housekeeper...all that training in the forest must come in handy too :ee:

(funny how I am the one to defend Seetha :sm12: ...i thought everyone would jump at the chance of having her for spouse :think: )

Thattha dear,
While seetha would swoon at the beauty of your poems ... :ee: Draupathi would point out all their weaknesses :ee:

Silican,

You missed out the perfection debate right :think: ...check it out mate :ahha:
Trust me perfection would callenge you to become even more perfect yourself...
it's like a shark in disguise in the fish tank of your life :sm12:

Lollypop,

sure the men of today...all want a baby girl like seetha ... Eevn King Janaka the guy who decided to marry his kingdom..was enchanted by her :wink:

riight so I rest my case!

while the women of today wish for a Krishna
the Men of today subconsciously want desire and will in the end settle for Seetha :ahha:

which says a lot really :sm10:

blue

vasan
02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
In my not so humble opinion I strongly believe that men of today would never be able to live happily and lead a peaceful and contented life with a woman like Draupathi. Hence an ideal mate for the men of today would be someone like Janaki

The men of today, my dear, have spoken loud and clear and made their choice. Now, be a good girl and accept the fact. :ahha: Or you should change the question to read: Who should the Women select for Men? :ahha: You can force us but can't decide for us... Smart guys we are, the modern men and know what we want and why we want.. :wink:

Thattha dear,
While seetha would swoon at the beauty of your poems ... :ee: Draupathi would point out all their weaknesses :ee:

Ah.. well.. there are more aces up my sleeve.. :wink: Only for Deol.. rrrr... I mean Draupathi not for the public forum.. :P :P So, don't worry too much about it.. (You do undermine (my) words, missie.. you doooo.. you don't know that pen is mightier than vil and ambu.. :P :P)

Besides, Draupathi has good taste, and while she would speak her opinions boldly and honestly, there is not a 'cruel bone' in her.. :P :P :P

v-

RaasuKutty
02-05-2005, 05:04 PM
For some reasons, I don't prefer both the characters.. They have never been a character to model after :doh: and of today, I figured that I havent set any preferences or thoughts..

But on a general sense, I have to agree with coolian.. For sure I want a more independent lady...

Sukran
05-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Seetha across the board. How many guys here actually said draupathi?