PDA

View Full Version : Pages take too long time to get loaded.

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Hi everybody.

Here is one more paduththal from PK. :ahha: Most of the times, in geetham, pages take very looooooong time to get loaded. Sometimes it takes literally 5 -6minutes. :00: And I find this problem only in Geetham. I visit number of other sites. They are quite fast and therefore I don't think the problem is with my net connection.

Do anyone of you face this problem or am I the only one? :(

Narayana
02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Do you regularly clear your cache?? Are u using Firefox or IE? Linux or Windows?
--N

Priyanka
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes Narayan. I use IE and Windows XP. Athu thaan solrene. I do not find this problem in any other sites but ONLY IN GEETHAM. For example if I go to yahoo mail, geocities, google etc. They are pretty fast.

anitam
02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Me too...

Even i face the same problem.

ashokcsn_2000
02-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Geetham has been a bit slow for the past few days for me too... but then it is not always.. aybe just the load on the server..... so maynot be just a problem for u...OPM

ns80
02-17-2005, 10:46 PM
hey maybe it takes a long time to load the phpBB 2.0.11 template. i'm on another forum which uses version 2.0.8. morover the message count/page is more here. these are probable reasons for the long loading time.

however this version is far superior for features like quote selected, tamil typing.

Teena
02-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Priyanka I also face the same problem...........I thought it's only for me..........It would take 3-5 mins loading time to go to the next page. :cry:

butterfly
02-17-2005, 11:18 PM
achecho Teena...idhuke enn azhuvareengo...nan oru idea solren....have 2 pages open so u can check one while the other is opening ;)....coz its very slow for me too

ns80
02-17-2005, 11:22 PM
nan oru idea solren....have 2 pages open so u can check one while the other is opening

appadi thaan naanum panren. it takes 10-15 seconds to load even in broadband :(

tinker
02-17-2005, 11:30 PM
achecho Teena...idhuke enn azhuvareengo...nan oru idea solren....have 2 pages open so u can check one while the other is opening ;)....coz its very slow for me too

Yaaravadhu periyavanga plss nalla suthi podungalen , en kanne pattudum pola irukku.

Priyanka

Try praising guys for a change and it might load faster. :D

vijitha
02-17-2005, 11:35 PM
yeah.. me too face same problem.. some threads open faster then the other ones... :(

vijsesh
02-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I am facing the same problem. I have the broadband connection (100 MBPS) and 1 GB RAM. It is taking few seconds say approximately 30 sec-45 sec to load a page. It is saying " loading ....."( with few bars) . I dont know but I haven't said all these times as I thought it is usual with this site. Now only I came to know that everyone is facing the same problem

Bye
Vijsesh

Teena
02-18-2005, 12:48 AM

illa pattam poochi porumai pogudhu adhan :Ksp: .............I sometimes open two lpages while editing or posting images . :wink: Anyway thnx for the tip. :D

rsivaraman
02-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Teena,
I use both firefox and IE, i find that firefox loads a little faster compared to IE. the only thing with firefox is that u will not be able to view the navigation bar to various formus and other geetham links that appear on the top left hand side.

-Siva

Shy
02-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Will report this to Bala... Thanks for pointing out guys :)

Shy

vennai1
02-18-2005, 02:04 AM
well, we have used javascript extensively lately on the forums
and this might take time to load on client CPUs, so it might slow up sometimes.

you can safely turn off javascripting if you are browsing only Geetham ;)

In Internet Explorer,

Tools-Internet Options-Security-Internet - Custom Level-Scripting-Active Scripting- Disable !

voila :P

hopefully the problem should be solved soon.