PDA

View Full Version : Veganism

Priyanka
02-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Cha cha! Pattu pudavai ellam waste. Verum Adambaratthukkaaha aayirak kanakkaana pattu poocchikalai kollanumaa? Ivvalavu uyir vadhai panni indha ponnungalukkellaam eppadi thaan pattu pudavai kattikka manasu varuthoo. :( . Athuvum pattu pudavaiyai kattindu kovilukku porathai ennaala yetthukkave mudiyalai. Sorry ladies! I beg your pardon if I have offended you. I sincerely told my opinion. Believe me. Ennoda kalyaanatthukkappuram pattu pudavai kattikkarathaiye complete-a vittutten.

Enna thaan irundhaalum Vasan thatthaa sonnaa maadiri cotton pudavai, athuvum Bengal cotton pudavaiyai nalla moda modannu kanji pottu isthri panni athai kattinda andha nerthi varumaa pattu pudavaiyile? Never. :nono:

yogesh220
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Athai kalakkitteenga athai......sooper....
Cha cha! Pattu pudavai ellam waste. Verum Adambaratthukkaaha aayirak kanakkaana pattu poocchikalai kollanumaa? Ivvalavu uyir vadhai panni indha ponnungalukkellaam eppadi thaan pattu pudavai kattikka manasu varuthoo. Sad . Athuvum pattu pudavaiyai kattindu kovilukku porathai ennaala yetthukkave mudiyalai. Sorry ladies! I beg your pardon if I have offended you. I sincerely told my opinion. Believe me. Ennoda kalyaanatthukkappuram pattu pudavai kattikkarathaiye complete-a vittutten.

Enna thaan irundhaalum Vasan thatthaa sonnaa maadiri cotton pudavai, athuvum Bengal cotton pudavaiyai nalla moda modannu kanji pottu isthri panni athai kattinda andha nerthi varumaa pattu pudavaiyile? Never.

enna sollrathunnee theriyalai....enakku oru chinna help pannunga.... ungalai maathiri nalla manasudaiya ponnungalai kandu pidikkirathu eppdinu sollunga, enakku use aahum.... :):):)

Priyanka
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
PS:

BTW,
PK ?
do you wear leather? are you 100% vegan?

there is such a thing as "ahimsa" silk, which hurts no silkworm.

You are right Blues. I am trying maximum to avoid using leather goods. I have stopped using leather handbags and leather chappals. But I am not sure weather I can be 100% successful in that. :(

Even I am dead against drinking milk. Pasumaadu thannoda kannukuttikku kodukkanumnu thaan paal karakkuthu. Athai naduvula pugunthu namba pudingi kudikkaratthukku namakku enakku urimai irukku. But I don't think I can stop drinking milk. Appuram coffee, cheese, icecream ethuvume saappidamudiyaathe. :cry: But I am seriously thinking about stoping milk. But I think practically it is not possible. Believe me, when I drink every cup of coffee, or other milk products, I feel very very guilty. :cry:

ashokcsn_2000
02-16-2005, 05:55 PM
OPM have u tried soya milk and soy cheese and products like that... athu ellam milk substitutes... But milk illatha icecream ellam irukkannu theriyalai....

silican
02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Even I am dead against drinking milk. Pasumaadu thannoda kannukuttikku kodukkanumnu thaan paal karakkuthu. Athai naduvula pugunthu namba pudingi kudikkaratthukku namakku enakku urimai irukku. But I don't think I can stop drinking milk. Appuram coffee, cheese, icecream ethuvume saappidamudiyaathe. But I am seriously thinking about stoping milk. But I think practically it is not possible. Believe me, when I drink every cup of coffee, or other milk products, I feel very very guilty

OPM,
In that case you need to stop using Sugar too :) Sugar eppdi thayaar pannuvangannu ( in India ) paathrukeengala ?? They use cattle bones for decolorising Sugar. Calcium in the bones work well in removing carbon. Its a common process.

And in case if you happen to see how Jaggery ( வெல்லம் ) is made, I bet you will stop eating Sakkara pongal, Paayasam etc. :snooty:

- Silican

Bluelotus
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
try the Vegan society, you will find all the info you need.

http://www.vegansociety.com/html/
http://www.americanvegan.org/

blue.

PS: bluey is not a vegan in anyway shape or form :cool:

Bluelotus
02-16-2005, 06:13 PM
PK,
go to this thread :wink:

http://www.geetham.net/forums/ptopic,151399.html#151399

Bluelotus
02-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I am trying maximum to avoid using leather goods. I have stopped using leather handbags and leather chappals. But I am not sure weather I can be 100% successful in that. :(

PK,

One of my friend is a vegan, and I do mean 100% so.
She does not use any animal products at all. If she can do it, so can you :b: it's all in the mind!
I mean the weather where you live can't a lot worse than in England can it :think: .

I tried soy milk (not really to my liking, although flavoured versions are yummier)
I tried rice milk, very nice and I believe you can find oats milk too.

The thing is I do not drink milky tea, so I wouldn't use these milks with tea.

The best places to find these would be your local health food retailer such as Holland Barett, for instance.

good luck :b:

blue.

Priyanka
02-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Even I am dead against drinking milk. Pasumaadu thannoda kannukuttikku kodukkanumnu thaan paal karakkuthu. Athai naduvula pugunthu namba pudingi kudikkaratthukku namakku enakku urimai irukku. But I don't think I can stop drinking milk. Appuram coffee, cheese, icecream ethuvume saappidamudiyaathe. But I am seriously thinking about stoping milk. But I think practically it is not possible. Believe me, when I drink every cup of coffee, or other milk products, I feel very very guilty

OPM,
In that case you need to stop using Sugar too :) Sugar eppdi thayaar pannuvangannu ( in India ) paathrukeengala ?? They use cattle bones for decolorising Sugar. Calcium in the bones work well in removing carbon. Its a common process.

And in case if you happen to see how Jaggery ( வெல்லம் ) is made, I bet you will stop eating Sakkara pongal, Paayasam etc. :snooty:

- Silican

Ithellaam ungalukke gnyaayamaa paduthaa. :cry: :cry: Naan etho serious-a feel panni sonnaa neenga kindal pandreengale.

Whatever you told about sugar and Jaggyery. Is it really true? :00: :00: I never knew that.

P.S. Dhayavusenju indha maadiri athirchiyuttum thagavalkalai sollavendaam enru panivudan kettukkolgiren. Appuram enakku saappidumbothellaam athe gnyabagam thaan varum. :cry: Yetho ennaala mudinjathu open-a non-veg saappidaama irukkamudiyum. Avvalavu thaan. Vera enna pannamudiyum. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PK

Shy
02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Pk.. thats a good thought.. I appreciate it.. thats a good start..

But I cant anyway ;) not just because of my love to silk sarees. I am an animal lover and in organizations.. But I cant be 100% against the cruelty because in my day to day life many things that i and my family use is natural products.... silkworm mathiri namba use panra many other thingsla may things are dead.. so yaen oora vanchanai.. sollungo :D

Do you know that all the color dyes are also made with help of insects, fishes.. even for the cotton sarees that u are talking about.. U know thats the reason Jains dont wear colored clothes.. (I mean the real orthodox ones) they wear only the plain white one??....

All cotton sarees need something called mordant for dying purposes and depending upon the color, animal dyes are used....

The leather products..not just sandals and handbags.. from the small purses that our hubbys use to the belts, laptop bags and what not...

Fur - Kekavae vendaam...

Wool.. you know how many sheeps are getting killed for that... not because for the re,oveal of wool from them, but athuku appuram irukara suffering naala.. and we(india) are the 5th largest consumer of wool...

Deivama kumbiduroomae cow , u know the products made of it.. u will be surprised to hear that u know... Gelatine, Glue, Buttons, Handles, Lubricants, Foam in fire extinguishers, Pharmaceuticals, Collagen, Leather,Racquet strings, Musical instrument strings, Paint and dye manufacture eppadi evalavoo irukku.... ithu thavira silican sona mathiri we use cattle bones for that...

Honey - again kaekavae vendaam...

Then you know about comforters we are using.. athula down products kooda irukkum, thats the worst thing u know.. getting the feathers from the sensitive part of the goose/duck.. :(

finally u know about animal testing...

so there are lots of things in pur day to day life...

Shy

Shy
02-16-2005, 06:52 PM
PK.. sorry didnt see your post earlier..

Thought could give you an insight so that u can try to be 100% vegan.. athaan sonaen :ee:

Hope thats ok

Shy

Priyanka
02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Athu thaan sollittene. Ennaala open-a non.veg saappidaama irukkamudiyum. Mudinjavaraikkum leather goods use pannaama irukkamudiyum. Pattupudavai udutthikkaama irukkamudiyum. Avvalavu thaan ennaala mudiyum. :cry: :cry :cry: :cry:

Shy
02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
dont cry PK.. try ur best :) there are many subsitutes u know.. sweetlotus oru topic potu iruka parrungo.. might be helpful :) so neenga manasaala kavalai pada vendaam when using something :P

Shy

Bluelotus
02-16-2005, 07:09 PM
no offence, but peeps can we move your vegan discussion to another thread
http://www.geetham.net/forums/ptopic,151399.html#151399
thank you :b:

:ahha:

anainar
02-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I have nothing against veganism. But wont it destabilise natural ecology if every one stops eating meat? Nature has its own ways of stabilising I know. But over the years, there have been predators always, from T-Rex to lion. Why would nature do that if it wants every one to be a vegan? I am just curious to know the explanation.

Cheers

Shy
02-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Merge panalaamnu try paninaen.. work aagalai :( :cry: :(

no kovam with me sweetlotus...

Shy

vasan
02-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Is there a society for prevention of cruelty to plants? :think:

Poor things.. no one seems to care for them... :( :( :(

v-

vijsesh
02-16-2005, 08:12 PM
No comments since I am a pure vegetarian

Vijsesh

vijitha
02-16-2005, 10:00 PM
is it true tha onion is a non-veg????

valluvan
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM

Vijsesh

Appa egg mattum saapduveengala??????? :D

vasan
02-16-2005, 10:11 PM
is it true tha onion is a non-veg????

Yes. Absolutely.. :P :P So are potatoes, and beets.. :b: :b:

v-

ns80
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Is there a society for prevention of cruelty to plants? Thinking

Poor things.. no one seems to care for them... Sad Sad Sad

yaar sonna. ippo veerappan'a pottu thallinaangale ennavaam :ee:

vijitha
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
potatoes :00:
wow i learn something new everyday :Ksp:

rsivaraman
02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Is there a society for prevention of cruelty to plants? Thinking

Poor things.. no one seems to care for them... Sad Sad Sad

yaar sonna. ippo veerappan'a pottu thallinaangale ennavaam :ee:

good one ns80 :lol: :sm03:

ns80
02-16-2005, 10:45 PM
But wont it destabilise natural ecology if every one stops eating meat?

i don't think so. i feel, at present there is more meat consumption than production.

Why would nature do that if it wants every one to be a vegan?

vegans are just a class within the existing set of animal conservationalists. they abstain from usage of animal products as well apart from meat.

One of the vegans says about veganism as the first and most logical step towards convincing others to stop harming other animals. you can read more of his views on moral and aesthetic grounds here (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~buddy/vegan.htm)

vasan
02-16-2005, 10:51 PM
i feel, at present there is more meat consumption than production.

:P :P :P

Oh.. yeah.. ?? I see...

Most meat consumed in the world is produced in the farms... :ahha:

If its not produced, where do you get them?? :ahha:

Except for some rare things such as caviar and other fish delicacies..

the first and most logical step towards convincing others to stop harming other animals.

There nothing logical about veganism. And all that talk of 'harming animals' and calling it moral and aesthetic is well... no more than politico doublespeak..

v-

anainar
02-16-2005, 10:55 PM
How is Veganism and logic connected? Logically speaking, to maintain balance, meat has to be eaten. Otherwise, we will have the world flooded with animals.

Also this moral one upmanship of Vegans being superior or compassionate is non-sense. I dont buy that. Like Vasan said, it is all politico double speak.

Cheers

ns80
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Most meat consumed in the world is produced in the farms... :Ahha:

:ahha: naan non-vegetarian'e illeeengo. i just had in mind that non-vegetarians eat aadu, maadu as well. :D

How is Veganism and logic connected?

nothing at all. it just meant that veganism is one way to express animal conservationalism rather than actively protesting against it.

mathadhukelllam enakku enna solradhunu theriyale :|

vasan
02-17-2005, 12:32 AM
:ahha: naan non-vegetarian'e illeeengo. i just had in mind that non-vegetarians eat aadu, maadu as well. :D

Yes. And aadu + maadu + kozhi + paNRikutti + iRaal meen + muttai + lobsters + shrimp + a million other non-veg food - are all grown in farms.. :)

Down from Chennai to Mahabalipuram, along the coast there are a zillion Shrimp farms..

Like I said before only certain very special variety of food (like the Black sea caviar) are not grown (exclusively).. Most other things are grown in farms. (Ofcourse, people still hunt and/or fish, both for sport as well as for food.. )...

v-

Bluelotus
02-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Vijsesh

I think you fail to see the concept of veganism :think:

see you're probly a veggie cos of cultural/familial/religious reasons...while my friend chose to become a vegan (she's a Jew) with no other reson than her personal convictions....

and pure vegetariansim is nothing nothing at all compared to veganism

I mean vegans are all abt not using any products made from animal source. I know that even vaccines are a problem for my mate...

anyway ...no offence on your vegetarianism dude ...

abt your questions on logic and stuff....I have no idea :ahha: ..frankly I shan't even touch the subject with a barge pole...
the one thing I despise is getting sermonised by vegetarians :evil: :evil: :evil: