PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat?

Pages : [1] 2

ns80
02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
This thread is dedicated to all those members who Live to Eat :ee:.

Please tell us your favourite eat outs, good restaurants you've ate (also if there are any specialities for that restaurant. plz do specify them too!).

They can be anywhere around the world(Antartica and Greenland included ;)).

:sm04: :sm04:...Looking forward to see some yummy places around :sm11: :sm11:.

p.s - mod, if this topic is already discussed. you can delete it.

Bluelotus
02-23-2005, 11:28 PM
hmmm.....anyhere they serve good yummy food is fine by me :sm12:

one day when I'm super rich, or get myself a rich boyfriend I would like to try "The Ivy"

blue.

coolian
02-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Where to eat: My mom's kitchen :ee:. Nothing beats that.

Where not to eat: My kitchen.

vijitha
02-23-2005, 11:35 PM
i am a food addict :P

i love chinese food and stir fry...

My favourite chinese place.. is a small resturant down near my place.. called Crystal Place.. yummy fooddddddddd

Mangolian Stir Fry is sooooooo good... you get to choose wat u want in ur stir..fry ... the spices and stuffs.. and they will make it for you... great place...

two of my favourites.. .. other then... I like Wendy's and McDonald's fries:d...
i could go on............ :oops:

Priyam2004
02-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Me...I like Italian food the best...it's healthy too.... :ahha:
There are 2 superb Italian restaurants down my way...and their food = scrumptious :P :P

vasan
02-24-2005, 12:08 AM
I enjoy eating good food. Want proof? My doc yells at me.. :sm12: :sm12:

Being in a big city, have the opportunity to try different cuisines..

American food: BBQ especially pork and steak. Good bratwurst too. Chilis, and couple of local grill/steak places around, which are pretty special.. Jerry's Famous Deli has some truly wonderful sandwiches I have ever tried. Soup and Sandwich combo at the Corner Bakery, Mimi's Cafe.. and Oh.. the endless soup at Souplantation.. :b: Also love California Pizza Kitchen.. Their mushroom pizza and potato+leek soup is unbelievable.. And yeah.. rr.. the list is near endless..

Thai: Can't get enough of sate, pad thai, and my local Natalee Thai's spicy monsoon noodless.. woo hooo... :dance: Had eaten there so much, the waitresses greet me by name.. :P :P cute girls.. :P There are other thai places around too, but the list has to be short.. :snooty:

North Indian: Palak panneer & chicken saagwaala.... India's oven is not bad...

South Indian.. : Masal Dosa and Idli sambar at Udupi, and south indian meals at Annapoorna.... (Teacher kitte sollananum.. Annapoorna has like 4 curries, 2 kootu, poriyal, aviyal, aappam, peas rice, pongal, rice, rasam, sambar, thayir :sm05:, appalam, and sweet, and couple of nibblers.. unlimited buffet.. :P :P :P Weight poda romba vasathi.. :P)..

Chinese: PF Chang (bit americanized, but great food), JR Seafood and its endless fish, crab varieties, Couple of small restaurants in China Town, with some local delights..

Italian: Olive garden.. :b: Macaroni Grill..

Mangolian restaurent - tried the one on village.. decent food.. should try some more..

Korean - Their bbq is great. Better still is the one my friend makes.. :wink:

Mexican: Woww.. acapulco.. (Shrimp fajita.. !), El toratora (grilled chicken, and beef tamale).. oh.. oh.. and their spicy spicy salsa.. oh.. boy..

There is a nice greek restaurant on Santa Monica, loveliest waitresses and yummy yummy grapeleaf dolmakadakia (!?!!).. Athens is not bad.. Could live on that.. :wink:

have tried some polish sausages at an international food festival.. wowww.. too good.. juicy..

Man.. I could go on and on... I will stop it here for now..

v-

coolian
02-24-2005, 12:13 AM
HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahhahahaa...the place we go to see, not eat :ush:.

silican
02-24-2005, 12:14 AM
All Veggie Burgers out there (thats how my boss has nick named me :cry: )

@ KFC, you get this potato wings (only recently I discovered that I could get some Veggie item there). That goes too gud with Sambhar sadham :b:

- Silix

tinker
02-24-2005, 12:16 AM
South Indian.. : Masal Dosa and Idli sambar at Udupi, and south indian meals at Annapoorna.... (Teacher kitte sollananum.. Annapoorna has like 4 curries, 2 kootu, poriyal, aviyal, aappam, peas rice, pongal, rice, rasam, sambar, thayir :sm05:, appalam, and sweet, and couple of nibblers.. unlimited buffet.. :P :P :P Weight poda romba vasathi.. :P)..
v-

You forgot the unlimited lassi that they give with the buffet :-)

vennai1
02-24-2005, 12:20 AM
.... (Teacher kitte sollananum.. Annapoorna has like 4 curries, 2 kootu, poriyal, aviyal, aappam, peas rice, pongal, rice, rasam, sambar, thayir , appalam, and sweet, and couple of nibblers.. unlimited buffet.. Weight poda romba vasathi.. )..

smelly, eppadi you go for lunch and come out after dinner-aa ??! :P
but seriously they make aapams ??! :think: wooow ! :00:

vishnu burger, may be once you need to try those chicken wings...
then you will know what you are missing... :lol:

vijitha
02-24-2005, 12:32 AM
v-

You forgot the unlimited lassi that they give with the buffet :-)

where is this place.. ennkku passikkuthu :oops:

Teena
I love chicken biriyani at chicken sampoorna

Pizza at pizza hut

Burger at Mcdonalds

Full Meals at sarvana bhavan

Chinese food at all chinese restaurants.

silican
I tried Olive Garden last week. Delicious food there. :b: Try that Eggplant Parmigiana. Simply superb. Its like Brinjal Cutlet with some sauce and Sphagetti. Comes with your choice of Soup or Salad. Both are good. Best part is the waiter brings a huge piece of cheese and shreds infront of your eyes & mixes with the salad.

Yummy yummy grows my tummy !!

California pizza kitchen is quite good too. But their pizza's are way too small for me. :ahha: But their Choc souffle cake and tiramisu will definitely take you near the gates of சொர்கம். :sm05:

Malay food is pretty close to your taste. They have this "Karry Seyyur" Not sure of the spelling though. A spicy curry with babycorn, Green peppers, Brocolli and Tofu. Comes with a bowl of rice. Great taste but the rice is too less for a glutton. Anyway u can order for an additional bowl for another 50cents. ;)

Indian Restaurants in the US are tasting very much alike and Im getting bored with them. Tried this Madras Saravana Bhavan recently and went for a Paper Masala. I got a Newspaper Masala :00: It spanned for 2 tables and I had to literally fold it into four and read..err eat. Not so tasty :snooty: I can make better ones at home. :ahha:

It would be a sin if I miss Ricobenes or Chicagoan Specialities Giordano's or Nancy's. People visiting Chicago, dont miss deep dish Stuffed pizza's at Giordano's. Stuffed Spinach pizza is my fav. :)

- Silix

vasan
02-24-2005, 12:38 AM
All Veggie Burgers out there (thats how my boss has nick named me )

@ KFC, you get this potato wings (only recently I discovered that I could get some Veggie item there). That goes too gud with Sambhar sadham

- Silix

You could get the wedges (not wings.. :Ksp:) at out grocery shops too.. vaangittu vanthu, keep munchin until I finish cooking.. .:P :P

You forgot the unlimited lassi that they give with the buffet

Oh. yeah.. :P :P Mango lassi... :P :P They opened a branch close to my home now.. antha owner lady is like a friend ippo... veetila amma appa ellaam sowkiyamaannu visaarikkaraanga.. :P :P :P

:ush: :ush: :ush: trade secrets ellam velila sollidaatha saamy.. appuram double charge panniduvaanga.. :P :P :P

v-

ps: Now you know why weight is a serious issue with me.. :oops: Also, I seriously don't understand how Nick (my roommate) can't put on weight. He eats twice as much cheese and sweets and icecream and as much other foods as me, and yet, he is like 100 lbs. Thats all.. :evil: :evil: jagan-mohiniyoda brother-nnu thaan koopidivom.. :P :P

tinker
02-24-2005, 12:48 AM

Its on artesia and pioneer in LA.

tinker
02-24-2005, 12:50 AM

:ush: :ush: :ush: trade secrets ellam velila sollidaatha saamy.. appuram double charge panniduvaanga.. :P :P :P

v-

You can do that since they have 2 pc's dedicated to internet.

Vasan

Next time you go don't forgot to post here in Geetham what you are eating :-)

vijitha
02-24-2005, 12:52 AM

Its on artesia and pioneer in LA.

ohhh i don't think i could make it there for dinner :doh:

ns80
02-24-2005, 01:04 AM
My mom's kitchen

ofcourse buddy...thats the best place to eat. nothing beats that though.

All Veggie Burgers out there (thats how my boss has nick named me

if you love veggie burgers so much. you should try the veggie burger in BK with onion ring sauce. thats a really nice combo. just adds that spice to the otherwise bland burger.

Vaithiyaramma,
burger'ku McD'a :00: avan kudukkara dhammathoondu burger emmaathram(yaana pasikku solapooori'a ;) ).

ok having started the topic, here goes my list....

Saravana Bhavan and Komalas in Chennai, The Bell Hotel in Sivakasi..

Here in the US....

Minerva @ Herndon and Fairfax, VA(its a reallly nice but a little expensive one. but the best around DC area even better than Udupi Palace(near Greenbelt).

Tamarind in Pittsburgh(way too good, should try Bishi Bela Baath there, thats my fave there).

Madras Saravana Bhavan @ Atlanta..the only item I love to eat here is the Rava Masal Dosa. Dosa Molaga podi ellam pottu besha irukkum :sm11: :sm11:.

Mayuri @ Houston...pretty inexpensive lunch buffet place. 10 roobaikku round katti saapudalaam. i wouldve caused some considerable loss to this place by going to lunch buffets :ee:.

And if I don't have money....

veggie burger with onion ring sauce combo @ Burger King
Choc Icecream shake @ McDonalds
Bean Chalupa with 2-3 Fire sauce, cheesy fiesta potatoes with 2 hot sauce combo @ Taco Bell.

well thats a small list for now ;).

Masal Dosa and Idli sambar at Udupi, and south indian meals at Annapoorna.... (Teacher kitte sollananum.. Annapoorna has like 4 curries, 2 kootu, poriyal, aviyal, aappam, peas rice, pongal, rice, rasam, sambar, thayir :sm05:, appalam, and sweet, and couple of nibblers.. unlimited buffet.. Razz Razz Razz Weight poda romba vasathi.. :p)

enga irukku andha edam sollunga...ippove adutha flight pidichu varren :sm11: :sm11:

Shy
02-24-2005, 02:20 AM
narayanan.. arumaiyaana topic.. I love to eat :ee:

In Central NJ, eppothaikku solraen, appuram will keep adding :)

Sukaadia - for the best pani puris and sweets :ee:
Swagath - for the super iyengar meals, more or less like vasan said, but everything is unlimited not buffet but thaali :ee:
Royal Thai - for the best roasted banana vanilla ice cream, My husband took me recently and I loved it.
Chinese King - best chinese dishes, I have tried fried rice, beans stir fry, mixed veges stir fry and they are great.
Papa johns - Best thin crust pizza
Pizza hut - usual and filled crust ;) veggie lovers
Olive Garden - bit expensive, but quite good place.
Malabar house - Adai is best here.
Blimpie's - 3 cheese toasted vegie ;)
Macroni Grill - Penne arabattia- I reccomend this :b: But guys this is the best place for a dinner.. I like this place very much.. their deserts are great and keep changing every week ;)

Dont ever try chimneys :00: not even worth the penny..

In Manhattan

Quizinos - Best subway you would have ever had.
Bombay palace - Good north indian place.
Bollywood - good buffet ;)

In Framingham, Boston

Rasoi or something, had good northy food.
Then udupi ofcourse, its worth the drive.

I second tamarind :b:

Also in VA theres one place near that beltway(near to the aiport i guess)..had a great buffet there, both southy and northy :)

Nigara falls poorachae oru famous indian restuarant irukku(in the buffalo region somewhere), great food.. )

will add more as I remember :)

Shy

silican
02-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Nigara falls poorachae oru famous indian restuarant irukku(in the buffalo region somewhere), great food.. )

Kohinoor...

Had a Good Thayir sadham there, with lots of grapes.

- Silix

tinker
02-24-2005, 02:29 AM
In Framingham, Boston

Rasoi or something, had good northy food.
Then udupi ofcourse, its worth the drive.

I second tamarind :b:

Also in VA theres one place near that beltway(near to the aiport i guess)..had a great buffet there, both southy and northy :)

will add more as I remember :)

Shy

Did you forget dosa express in NJ ? I thought it was very good.

Udipi has moved from Framingham and has gone to Lowell , they have opened Madras Woodlands in that place in Framingham now and wow the food is too goodd.......

Rasoi was ok except for the buffet , you get to eat everything for ~$7

-Tinker

Shy
02-24-2005, 02:49 AM
how did I :ee: they are great !!! very low price super duper variaties.. kannada makkalkku romba piddikkum intha place :)

I remember that one in framingham because after going to lakshmi temple, we used to go there straight :).. eppo i dont remember :)

Romba mukiyama sola maranthutaen.. bridgewater kovil vaango ellarum, god parthutu super saapadu kedaikkum in the cafetaria. Same with flushing temple :ee:

Shy

rsivaraman
02-24-2005, 02:53 AM
na sappatukaggave vazahrren. eppadi anniyaayam pannaregale. after reading all these I don't think i will need that new theard " how to gain weight" by teena.

anyway there are lot of things that shy akka told that are my favorites.

Macaroni grill-- I love the eggplant parmagean (olive garden too)
Quiznnos sub--best toasted subs ever
Pizza hut- best deep dish bell pepper and onions :sm03:
Chinese- P. F changs, they have a dish called lettuce wrap, enna taste, super.
now comes indian,
woodlands- what a buffet , best ever south indian
bombay garden- awesome north indian buffet
chat cafe- they have good chat especially paneer wrap and bhel puri.

I have heard that the food joints in the east cosat, especially near NJ are real good, have never been there.

as for american junk
French fries- Checkers fries
Veggie Burger- Burger King
who will forget the 6 inch veggie max subs.
enna sollunga anna amma pannina thallicha thaair sadaamum, manathinka vattha kuzhambu thaan bestuuuuu. :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

ns80 thanks for starting an awesome topic. :b: :b:
na poi sappida porren

-Siva

ns80
02-24-2005, 02:57 AM
talking about koil cafeteria saapaadu...you can add Pittsburgh Perumal koil saapaadu as well :sm11: :sm11: (koil'la poyi saapaadu'nu laam pesariye da'nu solla koodadhu. nalla saapaadu enga kedachaalum saapudanum illaya :D)

Teena
02-24-2005, 02:59 AM
yevalo periya list yellarum :00:

okay chicago la yenga nalla chinese restaurant iruku........sollungalen plss........my cousin is living in chicago and she falls crazy over chinese food but she couldn't find the good one there. :pray:

ns80
02-24-2005, 03:01 AM
thanks for starting an awesome topic

actually this topic was inspired by you and silican in kids world. thats what sparked this topic :D

rsivaraman
02-24-2005, 03:05 AM
thanks for starting an awesome topic

actually this topic was inspired by you and silican in kids world. thats what sparked this topic :Dmarrandhe poitten, oru planters chasewla arrambichu evvalovu perria lista aiddhuchu
:D :D

-Siva

Shy
02-24-2005, 03:11 AM
talking about koil cafeteria saapaadu...you can add Pittsburgh Perumal koil saapaadu as well :sm11: :sm11: (koil'la poyi saapaadu'nu laam pesariye da'nu solla koodadhu. nalla saapaadu enga kedachaalum saapudanum illaya :D)

acho appadi ellam naan solavae mataen :ee:

yes angaeyum tasty food irukku, the difference is angae already senchu vachu irupaanga ellai narayanan.. they dont have dosas and all.. Inga sola sola senchu tharuvaanga those items :ee:

Shy

Teena
02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
ayooo nakku oorudhey......yengha oorla kovila ahdellam kedayadhu

yennoda questionnuku badhil pls

chicago la yenga nalla chinese restaurant iruku........sollungalen plss........my cousin is living in chicago and she falls crazy over chinese food but she couldn't find the good one there

Shy
02-24-2005, 03:22 AM
Teena, enakku theriyuthu ma chinese places.. enna street athu .. :think: I forgot the name..starts with d or something, angae poi indian thaan sapitu irukaen :ee:

may be vic could help you there ;)

Shy

anainar
02-24-2005, 03:29 AM
Saapaadu?? Come on, before I could prepare my pasta and come here, the topic has been filled by replies. :D :D :D All சாப்பாட்டு ராமன்ஸ். :sm12: :sm12:

I am a big fan of Italian food. Pasta, lasagnia, spaghetti, anything vegetarian with their sauce is mouth watering. Add Garlic bread or bread sticks, with a tinge of olive oil!!! What do I need more? I not only eat italian, also make few nice italian recipes. :D :D :D. Olive Garden ( surprised??, we have one in our village too :D :D ) Modos and Brown Bottle( they have nice chicks serving food ), Fuzzoli are all good ones in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City.

Pad Thai, tofu, vegetable curries of thai with their steamed rice goes on well. I also frequent a Vietnames restaurant, but the difference is marginal.

Quizznos is the only subs that I like. When no other options available, resort to McD or BK.

Chines buffet is always good. Get a good variety of food. Butter Potatoes, potatoes fried in butter is so yummy.

Mexican, of course yes, El Dorado is one. Pancheros is another. Fajitas with grilled veggies, with hot sauce and pickles is my favourite.

Got to try the new Mongolian joint. Have not tried Greek yet. Japanese is also ruled out, because they serve mostly Sushi which is meat.

Though there are two Indian restaurants, dont go there at all. Crappy food. I can make better dal and roti.

Above all, making nice sambar, with potato podimas, in the comfort of my living room, watching Trisha dance "Yaakai thiri" is priceless.

Cheers

silican
02-24-2005, 03:30 AM
okay chicago la yenga nalla chinese restaurant iruku........sollungalen plss........my cousin is living in chicago and she falls crazy over chinese food but she couldn't find the good one there.

Chicago'la Chinatown area is the best. Ask her to try Chinese Kitchen or Oriental Express. There is also a Malaysian restaurant by name Penang, just by the Chinatown train station.... or or if she goes a few blocks down south to IIT-Bronzeville area (namma pettai :ahha: ) you have a few more chinese take-outs.

I guess Ashok can help u on ths.

- Silix

Teena
02-24-2005, 03:47 AM
Teena, enakku theriyuthu ma chinese places.. enna street athu .. :think: I forgot the name..starts with d or something, angae poi indian thaan sapitu irukaen :ee:

may be vic could help you there ;)

Shy

shy neengha almost yella statelayum restaurants try panni irukeengha pola iruku.wow!!! :b: Neengha devon street dhana solreengha.......yeppo naan avala visit panninalum anga Indian restaurants la nalla sapiduven. :sm11:

Chicago'la Chinatown area is the best. Ask her to try Chinese Kitchen or Oriental Express. There is also a Malaysian restaurant by name Penang, just by the Chinatown train station.... or or if she goes a few blocks down south to IIT-Bronzeville area (namma pettai ) you have a few more chinese take-outs.

Thank u silican.....she lives in chicago suburbs.....nalike phone panni solliduren indha restaurants yellam. :b:

Shy
02-24-2005, 04:01 AM
exactly teena :sm03: athaaae thaan.. appo romba travel panuvaen, so :ee: ... silican pettai athu, maranthae poitaen.. avar kita kaelunga puttu puttu vaipaar :ee:

anainar sona appuram thaan i remembered one more.. borders :b: best mexican around here :)

Shy

Priyanka
02-24-2005, 04:51 AM
I love chicken biriyani at chicken sampoorna

Pizza at pizza hut

Burger at Mcdonalds

Full Meals at sarvana bhavan

Chinese food at all chinese restaurants.

Ithellaam onnaa seethaa kooda perumaal kovil puliyoodharai taste varumaa? NEVER :nono: Yummy yummy! :sm11: Perumaal kovilukku ponaa perumaalaiye parkaama kooda varuven... aana andha kovilla kidaikkara puliyoodharaiyai saappidaama varavee maatten. :snooty: Enna poruttha varaiyil olakaththileye tasty food athu onnu thaan. Ammavin samaiyal kooda atharku appuram thaan.

புளியோதரைன ்னா.... பெருமாள் கோவில் புளியோதரை தான்... பேஷ் பேஷ்... ரொம்ப நன்னா இருக்கும். ஹெ ஹெ ஹெ ஹே.....

Don't you agree with me Teena? :ee:

ns80
02-24-2005, 06:07 AM
.. they dont have dosas and all..

akka...atlanta hindu kovil'la dosai'um pannuvaanga :D. i dint try though. i don't know whether they have it everyday. i saw it when i went on fine sunday morning.

actual'a NJ'la edho oru famous south indian restaurant kelvi patturukken. but name seriya nyabagam illa. its not dosa express though. do u remember any famous names.

புளியோதரைன ்னா.... பெருமாள் கோவில் புளியோதரை தான்...

PK adhennamo right dhaan....innum onnu vitteengale...adhukkappuram oru round thayir saadhathoda mudicha dhaane oru completion'ke varum.

All சாப்பாட்டு ராமன்ஸ்

neenga sonnaalum sollaataalum inga irukkuravanga ellorum saapaaturaamans/saapaaturaamis dhaan :ee:

silican
02-24-2005, 03:13 PM
akka...atlanta hindu kovil'la dosai'um pannuvaanga

Address soneenganna, enakku Test panradhukku konjam vasadhiya irukkum. :)

Quizznos Sub rocks. Adhuvum medium small size sub ellam vaangama oru Full size, apdiye suda suda ulla vittakka... adada Jenma sabalyam.

Adhey madhiri dhan Chipotle. 1 Veggie Buitto'nu sollittu Beans, Rice, Veggies ellaththaiyum extra podudanu meratti, kadaseela avanala pack panna mudiyama thenerara alavukku weighta illaina appuram enna Burritto :snooty: Mudichappuram angaye saththama oru Yeppaththa uttuttu vandhu paarunga....Manidha vaazhkaiyin magaththuvam theriyum.

- Silix

ns80
02-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Address soneenganna, enakku Test panradhukku konjam vasadhiya irukkum.

sure silicare ungalukku illaadhadha..

http://www.hindutempleofatlanta.org/acd.htm

silican
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Romba thanx ns80 :sm03: Indha Saturday Off eduthuda vendiyadhu dhan. :)

- Silix

Shy
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
NJ la naraiya irukku narayanan... I mean south indian famous ones... any speciality irukka sollunga... woodlands solreenga :think:

Shy

ns80
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
adhu udupi, woodlands madiri famous brand'e kedayadhu. aana edho thanjavur style cuisine'nu kelvi patturukken. aana 732 area code dhaan. perhaps woordbridge area'vo :think:. seriya theriyale. therinja appuram post panren.

tinker
02-24-2005, 10:12 PM
adhu udupi, woodlands madiri famous brand'e kedayadhu. aana edho thanjavur style cuisine'nu kelvi patturukken. aana 732 area code dhaan. perhaps woordbridge area'vo :think:. seriya theriyale. therinja appuram post panren.

Are you talking abt madras cafe ?

Shy
02-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Athu perae Tanjore. Vazha elaiyil saapadu undu :b: its somewhere in Route 9 i guess.. not sure.. athuvaa?

One thing so good in NJ, not sure if its avail in other cities, is lots of housewives irukaanga, so namba oorula mess mathiri engae to go daily home made food kedaikkum, mostly in all apartments AD irukkum and ofcourse its tasty(try pani irukaen.. athula kamakshi amma ooda recipes thaan super :b:) alaga full meals boxesla pootu tharuvaanga, along with homemade pickle, curd and appalam :ee:

Shy

ns80
02-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Are you talking abt madras cafe ?

illa tinker. adhu per madras cafe kedayadhu. i guess akka....neenga sonna madiri adhu pere tanjore'nu dhaan nenaikkiren. but ya...vazha ilaila saapaadu undu. adhu kandippa theriyum. i suppose tamizhargalin hub'aana bay area'layum indha madiri nariya irukku.

houston'la hillcroft avenue'nu oru edam irukku...about a mile or 2 away from galleria. out and out indian restaurants dhaan :ee:. indian food is really cheap in houston. you can lunch, dinner buffet under 7$(a price which i never heard in the Northeast). but quality sumaar dhaan...i dint try all though. apart from indian cuisines andha galleria area'laye ekka chekkama restaurants dhaan. you name the cuisine you have it there.

amurugan
02-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Heres my favs

maggianos - italian
marrakesh - morocco
around the borders - mexican
moby **** - persian
memsaheb - indian , pakistani
saravana bhavan - south indian vegeterian
chin chin - indian chinese
tex mex - indian mexican
sunburnt cow - australian
pf changs - chinese
tea cozy - english

cheers
Murugan

ns80
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
murugan...which location are these restaurants in?

amurugan
02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
murugan...which location are these restaurants in?

Most of them are chains in east coast except for saravana bhavan .

Shy
02-28-2005, 06:55 PM
murugan is the tex mex in new jersey :ee: I have been to that i guess :) but its not indian thou :think: atleast the one i went to, it was pure mexican...

Shy

silican
02-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Yesterday had to walk lonely, as I missed the last bus on Sunday. Crossed this mexican joint by name Qdoba. Heard they have good food, but hadnt tried before. Tried them yesterday and their Burritos were extra Hot and Spicy, while their Waitress's were Hotter. :)

Good food just around the same price as Chipotle or Willi's. Finally decided it was time to leave after one Super Veggie Burritto, 2 Soft Tacos and an order of Nachos with Jalapenos Cheese sauce and one Diet Coke :sm12:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
02-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Good food just around the same price as Chipotle or Willi's. Finally decided it was time to leave after one Super Veggie Burritto, 2 Soft Tacos and an order of Nachos with Jalapenos Cheese sauce and one Diet Coke

:sm12: one of my friend always boasts about being on diet (when actually he's not). He goes to Burger King and orders "double cheese burger" with diet coke :sm12: antha kathai maathiri irukku.

By the way, me too Diet Coke. Not for dieting actually, but for the sweeter taste in it than the regular Coke :b:

My favorite mexican food is always the Chicken Chalupa.

Ok here is my list

Dosa Grill (Veg) - South Indian - NJ
Akbar(Veg & Non-Veg) - Indian - NJ

These two are my anytime favorites. The latter one is bit costly though.

If you need directions to these two places, PM me :)

silican
02-28-2005, 08:12 PM
one of my friend always boasts about being on diet (when actually he's not). He goes to Burger King and orders "double cheese burger" with diet coke antha kathai maathiri irukku

:ee: :ee: :ee: :ee:

Shy
02-28-2005, 08:32 PM
GCB, akbar is the one in Route 1 right???

But dosa grill engae oak tree roada? If not, athuku directions anupureengala, will check it out??

Shy

dinesh
02-28-2005, 08:43 PM
என்னப்பா.... ல்லாம் அமெரிக்க முகவரிகளாக இருக்கிறது .........இலண்டன் மாநகரில் ஒன்றுமே இல்லையா?

I love food too much to say this is better than that.... :ee: But coffee-wise if you want to experience "divinity" there is a small Belgian place off London Wall near Moorgate...who serve London's best Cafe Mocha.......(and have a small chocolate section filled with weirdly named belgian chocolates :ee: )

amurugan
02-28-2005, 09:37 PM
murugan is the tex mex in new jersey :ee: I have been to that i guess :) but its not indian thou :think: atleast the one i went to, it was pure mexican...

Shy

yes tex mex is in nj but theres another one in chennai in nungambakkam opp chola sheraton . It was the first mexican restuarant in town .

I also luv navayuga (authentic andhra food ) and the restuarant in andhra club in chennai .

silican
02-28-2005, 11:43 PM
I also luv navayuga (authentic andhra food ) and the restuarant in andhra club in chennai

T.Nagar Pondy Bazaar area'va or Adyar LB Road'a ??

- Silix

star
02-28-2005, 11:56 PM
namma san diego downtown'la nalla indian reataurant iruku.*Monsoon* adukku per..
Arumayaana rusi'aana saapadu :ee:

raghu
03-01-2005, 04:39 PM
nalla south indian food in new jersey na.Vasantha bhavan.namba oru vasantha bhavan branchudhan,they have started it few months back...sapadu super.every wednesday thay have dosa buffet.........nalla katu katravangaluku super place..all items r good.rates not much good food at affordable price...
Mexican fooduku JOSE tios nu mex rest at route !.....people who love mex food should go there,super food.............

raghu
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM

But dosa grill engae oak tree roada? If not, athuku directions anupureengala, will check it out??

Shy
there is a DOSA grill in finnigans lane ..................its good......nice dosas........do try this place.......

mrs_sri_gan
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Ahh..vasantha bhavan...ennaku ippave route vennum..ippave..approm dosa grill athukum venum....enna pannuvingalo ethu pannuvingalo theriyathu..udane ippave venum....intha CM'oda che..MSG'oda kattali....

unga ellarium kenchi ketkuren etho oru aruvathula ippadi pesiten manasula vachukama annupungappa....GCB unnoda anni ketkuren annupuviya...mm intha sri olungave samchu poda matenguranga...athan... :cry:

Approm shy ninga etho chinse restarunt sonnigale athukum route vennum....

silican
03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
mm intha sri olungave samchu poda matenguranga...athan...

Mr.Sri_gan

Change is always a Constant :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Ipo dhane puriyudhu adhukku enna artham'nu :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
03-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Shy

Yes Shy, athey thaan.

Dosa Grill is not in Oak Tree Road its in

1980 State Route 27
North Brunswick, NJ 08902-1337
(732) 422-6800

Shy
03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Ahh..vasantha bhavan...ennaku ippave route vennum..ippave..approm dosa grill athukum venum....enna pannuvingalo ethu pannuvingalo theriyathu..udane ippave venum....intha CM'oda che..MSG'oda kattali....

unga ellarium kenchi ketkuren etho oru aruvathula ippadi pesiten manasula vachukama annupungappa....GCB unnoda anni ketkuren annupuviya...mm intha sri olungave samchu poda matenguranga...athan... :cry:

Approm shy ninga etho chinse restarunt sonnigale athukum route vennum....

Vasantha bhavan engae irukku raghu..peech sollungo, along with direction, this weekend try panraen, if doesnt snow thou :cry: :cry: again....

Dosa grill, I think I have been to it, not sure.. but will try :) GCB is this the same place u were talking abt?

Chinese, namba oak tree roadla thaan irukku mrs.sri. I have tried once, its indian -chinese - Chopsticknu peru...

If u want authentic one, its kings chinese in route 27 :)

Shy

mrs_sri_gan
03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks GCB & Shy,

waiting for Vasantha bhavan.

Priyam2004
03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
என்னப்பா.... ல்லாம் அமெரிக்க முகவரிகளாக இருக்கிறது .........இலண்டன் மாநகரில் ஒன்றுமே இல்லையா?

I love food too much to say this is better than that.... :ee: But coffee-wise if you want to experience "divinity" there is a small Belgian place off London Wall near Moorgate...who serve London's best Cafe Mocha.......(and have a small chocolate section filled with weirdly named belgian chocolates :ee: )
Oooohhh....cafe mocha & belgium chocs...my sort of place...cheers Dinesh :ahha:

In London...there's loads of Indian/Sri Lankan places...a few which I go to on a regular basis are:

"Chetna" in Wembley is one of my fav places....their bhel poori / pani poori / sev poori are real nice... They're well known for their falooda's (personally I'm not much of a falooda person)....add: 420-422 High Road, Wembley.

"Chennai Dosa" in Eastham is nice too...but it doesn't have the restaurant feel...it's more like an everyday place! Add: 339 High Street North, Manor Park.

"Kerala Bhavan" in Croydon is quite nice....add: 16 London Road, Croydon.

"Sakoni's" in Wembley serves some really nice dishes...but once again I wouldn't class that as a restaurant...but the food is good and hence there's always a queue out the door (especially during Fridays/Saturdays)...add: 192 Ealing Rd, Wembley.

And there's a lot more ;)

raghu
03-02-2005, 03:11 PM
vasantha bhavan is near plains boro area.....i dont have the full address now.will post it tomm,
its at young road,princeton.nj
near quaker bridge mall.any way full add details nalaiku tharen....
route ! southla varanam............edison arealendhu 1 hr drive irukum.........will meet u guys with more details tomm

mrs_sri_gan
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
mm intha sri olungave samchu poda matenguranga...athan...

Mr.Sri_gan

Change is always a Constant :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Ipo dhane puriyudhu adhukku enna artham'nu :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Silix

Ithu Sri'kku mattum illa unnakum than thumbi.... :sm12: :sm12:

goodcomplanboy
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Dosa grill, I think I have been to it, not sure.. but will try GCB is this the same place u were talking abt?

Yup, but neenga poi irukeengalandrathu enakku theriyaathu :wink:

amurugan
03-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Theres one burmese restuarant in nothern va . very very authentic and spicy .A lebanase resturant by the name lebanese taverna very good lebanese menu .

Murugan

dinesh
03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks Priya for the list. :b: Will definitely try them all :)

Shy
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
vasantha bhavan is near plains boro area.....i dont have the full address now.will post it tomm,
its at young road,princeton.nj
near quaker bridge mall.any way full add details nalaiku tharen....
route ! southla varanam............edison arealendhu 1 hr drive irukum.........will meet u guys with more details tomm

Thanks Raghu, waiting for the address, weekend munna solidunga ;) planning to go there :ee:

Thanks priyam, naan angae vantha kutitu pooviyaa :) chumma pagidi..

Shy

mrs_sri_gan
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Thanks Raghu, waiting for the address, weekend munna solidunga planning to go there

Address kedachlum snow varam irrukanum'lla :lol: :lol:

Priyanka
03-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks Raghu, waiting for the address, weekend munna solidunga planning to go there

Address kedachlum snow varam irrukanum'lla :lol: :lol:

Athellaam neenga onnum kavalai padaatheenga. Adaathu mazhai penjalum vidaathu poiduvaanga. :ee:

raghu
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Vasant Bhavan
Quakerbridge Shoppes (Next to Raaga)
3800 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Phone: 609-586-7899

Fax: 609-586-5277
http://www.vasantabhavan.com/dynamicdata/map.asp u can check on this site for routes...........hope u all enjoy the food there..yam petra inbam peruya iv vayagam.errrr iv newjersey

mrs_sri_gan
03-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Huh .. :sm11: Home page'e kalakuranga raghu.....innum fulla pakala..poi taste pannittu solluren...thanks for ur information....

Priyam2004
03-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks Priya for the list. Will definitely try them all
Anytime Dinesh :b:

Thanks priyam, naan angae vantha kutitu pooviyaa chumma pagidi..
Of course akka...kandippa ungalae (+ unga family'um) kutittu poven...pagidi illai akka, nijamave vango..ok'va? :P :P I'll take you to our local restaurant as a starter and then we can go to all the other places :D Our local is a lovely Thai Restaurant situated right beside the sea harbour...only 3 minutes walk from our house ->

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/7180/thair9db.jpg

It's beautiful in the summer, but right now it's snowing.... :Ksp:

Shy
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
raghu mikka nandri.. will check it out and let u know :b:

cho chweet priyam... :sm08: :sm08: aiyaa priyam kuttindu pooraenu soli irukaalae... jolly :dance: :dance:

Shy

Priyam2004
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
:sm12: :sm12: You're very welcome Shy akka! :b:

Priyanka
03-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Of course akka...kandippa ungalae (+ unga family'um) kutittu poven...pagidi illai akka, nijamave vango..ok'va? I'll take you to our local restaurant as a starter and then we can go to all the other places Our local is a lovely Thai Restaurant situated right beside the sea harbour...only 3 minutes walk from our house ->

Appa naanu? :Ksp:

tinker
03-09-2005, 06:01 AM

cho chweet priyam... :sm08: :sm08: aiyaa priyam kuttindu pooraenu soli irukaalae... jolly :dance: :dance:

Shy

She will just take you , you have to pay for food :-)

suha
03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Of course akka...kandippa ungalae (+ unga family'um) kutittu poven...pagidi illai akka, nijamave vango..ok'va? :cx/img128/7180/thair9db.jpg[/img]

akka maatum vandha kupitu pova matinga....nnaum vandha thanei kutti povinggo :ee:

naan akka ponnu so naan avango family :P

mommyyyyyyyyyyyy...naanum varrein :cry: thukiko enna :sm11:

OPM ningo vandha ningo thaan pay pananum ok va :ee:

ns80
03-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Sidetrack -->

Appa naanu?

kavala padaadheenga ungala naan...Brilliant Tutorials aanda irukkura kai yendhu bhavan'uku kootitu poren :ahha:

Priyam2004
03-10-2005, 12:13 AM
PK...achacho...neengalum nalla vango...sariyaa??? :P

Enna Tinker ippadi sollitinga..it's my treat...ok'va ;)

Suhaa...neeyum than ma...nalla vaa...nalla vaa..... :D :D

Everyone's welcome....!!!!! :sm04: :sm04:

tinker
03-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Sidetrack -->

Appa naanu?

kavala padaadheenga ungala naan...Brilliant Tutorials aanda irukkura kai yendhu bhavan'uku kootitu poren :ahha:

Narayanan

Andha place kku enna kurachal ?? You know that kai endhi bhavan was run by the Bhagavati vilas in Pondy bazaar. Man I love their idlys and parotas :-(. Have you tried the bhel poori from madras bhel poori on the other side of the road ? We used to play cricket in the Natesan ground and go here after the game :-).

-Tinker

Shy
03-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Tinker :nono: :snooty: :nono: :snooty: :nono: :snooty:

Guys,

Any good Thai place in NY?

Shy

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 02:29 AM

Shy

Yakka.. ethukkum nenga kaila oru map vachunde ponga enna enna... :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Shy
03-10-2005, 02:56 AM
acho yen appadi solreengo sri.. ungalukku theriyumma.. landmark, oor(not just her palce, all over the world) ellam nala theriyum avalukku.. :P

Shy

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
acho yen appadi solreengo sri.. ungalukku theriyumma.. landmark, oor(not just her palce, all over the world) ellam nala theriyum avalukku.. :P

Shy

Onnumillai yakka oru mun echarikkaikaga sonnen vera onnum illa.... nenga tension airathinga mee escapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

Shy
03-10-2005, 03:35 AM
hihi.. ok ok :P

BTW people oru nalla thai place in NY :pray: planning a surprise this weekend.. but oru nalla placeum theriyalai.. nobody knows :(

Shy

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 03:44 AM
hihi.. ok ok :P

BTW people oru nalla thai place in NY :pray: planning a surprise this weekend.. but oru nalla placeum theriyalai.. nobody knows :(

Shy

china town la kudava illai???

ns80
03-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Andha place kku enna kurachal ?? You know that kai endhi bhavan was run by the Bhagavati vilas in Pondy bazaar. Man I love their idlys and parotas . Have you tried the bhel poori from madras bhel poori on the other side of the road ? We used to play cricket in the Natesan ground and go here after the game .

tinker andha kai endhu bhavan'ku endha kurachalum kedayadhu. infact i've had food there quite some time. naan summa PK'a verupetha namma oorla edhavadhu oru eating spot sollanum'nu irundhen. takkunu namma area Brilliant Tutorials edhila irukkura kai endhu bhavan dhaan nyabagam vandhudhu.

btw...neenga sonna bhel puri kadai, close to Ambika Appalam Depot pakkathula irukkum'la?

PS: Natesan Park basketball ground, SCG(Somasundaram Cricket Ground)..hehe those are good old days. brings back lots of nostalgic memories. idha pathi oru thread'e podalaam. vaanga RT'lendhu arambippom ;).

Shy
03-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Kandeepa irukkalaam sri, but yethu bestnu enakku theriyalai :oops:

Reviews doesnt say much :(

Shy

suha
03-10-2005, 03:51 AM
akka hk vango adhu thaan best :ee: :sm05:

tinker
03-10-2005, 03:51 AM
Narayan

I don't remember if there was a ambika appalam depot , but if you go straight towards the pondybazaar road from this brillinats tutorial kai endhi bhavan , you cross the road and it will be at the end. Its near all Ibrahim ravuthar's office. Oh ya , cricket at SCG was great , gotta go at 5:30-6:00 to get a pitch :-). If you have played basketball or cricket at Natesan park pbbly I know you or one of my friends might definitely. Great to play badminton inside the park also.

Have you eaten at the mobile shops that parks near the natesan park ? Their nei podi dosa and fried rice is so good we go at 11:00 after dinner at home and still eat :-).

-Tinker

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 03:55 AM

Enna athan best... ethavathu hotel peru sonnina... inga NYC le athe name le etachum mattuthanu pakkalam atha vittutu generala sonn eppadi.

Priyanka
03-10-2005, 04:01 AM
Sidetrack -->

Appa naanu?

Deivameeeee! :cry: :cry: (aanandha kanneer). Neenga eppa free-nnu sollunga. Odane oru flight pudicchu India vandhudren. :P :P Indha weekend neenga freeyaa iruppeengalaa? Sunday morning unga veettukku vandhudren. :P . Namba rendu perum serndhu Kaiyendhi bavan povom. :P :P . Aana saappaattukku panam neenga thaan kudukkanum :Ksp: . Yenna enna thaan irundhaalum OC saappaattoda taste varave varaathu. Enna naan solrathu? :P

suha
03-10-2005, 04:09 AM
adhu vandhu nirriya irrukei... :P

Banana Leaf Curry House
Shop A, C&D, G/F., Miami Mansion, 13-15 Cleveland St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine
Shop T03, 3/F., Hang Lung Centre, 2-20 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Chili N Spice Garden
DD124, Lot2289, Hung Shui Kiu, Tuen Mun, N.T.

idhu egha home kitta iruku vanggo :ee: chili N spice my favorite :wink: but ahdula chilli irrukaddhu :lol:

Shy
03-10-2005, 04:11 AM

Enna athan best... ethavathu hotel peru sonnina... inga NYC le athe name le etachum mattuthanu pakkalam atha vittutu generala sonn eppadi.

Cho chweet suha, aama, sri solra mathiri, konjam name sona engae thedalaam :)

Shy

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Sidetrack -->

Appa naanu?

Deivameeeee! :cry: :cry: (aanandha kanneer). Neenga eppa free-nnu sollunga. Odane oru flight pudicchu India vandhudren. :P :P Indha weekend neenga freeyaa iruppeengalaa? Sunday morning unga veettukku vandhudren. :P . Namba rendu perum serndhu Kaiyendhi bavan povom. :P :P . Aana saappaattukku panam neenga thaan kudukkanum :Ksp: . Yenna enna thaan irundhaalum OC saappaattoda taste varave varaathu. Enna naan solrathu? :P

:lol: Amma nenga yaaru? unga peru enna? ungala enakku theriyuma?

Priyanka
03-10-2005, 04:14 AM
Amma nenga yaaru? unga peru enna? ungala enakku theriyuma?

Sri! Ithu ungalukkee niyaayamaa irukkaa? :cry: :cry: :cry:

sri_gan
03-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Amma nenga yaaru? unga peru enna? ungala enakku theriyuma?

Sri! Ithu ungalukkee niyaayamaa irukkaa? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Achacho... nenga yaaru? enn ippa alaringa? ... shy akka ungalukku ivangala theriyuma?

Suha unakku ivangala theriyuma?

Shy
03-10-2005, 04:20 AM
:lol: Amma nenga yaaru? unga peru enna? ungala enakku theriyuma?

Location paarungo Sri, may be that will help :ee:

Chumma pagidi PK :)

Shy

suha
03-10-2005, 04:30 AM
ivango enaku teriyumei... chit chat talaivi :ee: adhu OPM

Priyanka
03-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Location paarungo Sri, may be that will help

Chumma pagidi PK

:evil: romba thaan. :wink:

ns80
03-10-2005, 05:03 AM
but if you go straight towards the pondybazaar road from this brillinats tutorial kai endhi bhavan , you cross the road and it will be at the end. Its near all Ibrahim ravuthar's office.

tinker, namba rendu perum ore edatha dhaan sollitu irukkom :D.

Have you eaten at the mobile shops that parks near the natesan park ? Their nei podi dosa and fried rice is so good we go at 11:00 after dinner at home and still eat

aiyeyo...adhu try panninadhe kedayadhu :(.

Deivameeeee! (aanandha kanneer). Neenga eppa free-nnu sollunga. Odane oru flight pudicchu India vandhudren. Indha weekend neenga freeyaa iruppeengalaa? Sunday morning unga veettukku vandhudren. . Namba rendu perum serndhu Kaiyendhi bavan povom. . Aana saappaattukku panam neenga thaan kudukkanum . Yenna enna thaan irundhaalum OC saappaattoda taste varave varaathu. Enna naan solrathu?

kandippa kuduthutta pochu :P :P...aana ennoda flight ticket'ku neeenga dhaan sponsor. enna naan solradhu? :ee:.

:evil: romba thaan. ;)

welcome to the club :yes:

Priyanka
03-10-2005, 05:11 AM
OC trip sponsor pannum engal thalaivi PK wrote:

Aanaalum kusumbu romba thaan jaasthi ungalukku. :lol: :lol:

welcome to the club

:ee: Thankyou thankyou. :yes: Vaanga! Namma ellaarum serndhu UPS-a oru vazhi panniduvom. :sm12: :ahha:

ns80
03-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Vaanga! Namma ellaarum serndhu UPS-a oru vazhi panniduvom.

aana varutha pada vendiya vishayam ennana namma podradha paathu avanga adha use panradhe illa.

raghu
03-10-2005, 03:28 PM
there is good north indian place"RAJDHANI" at oak tree road......food there is like home made.very good..people at nj try it out............

mrs_sri_gan
03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
oh ...thanks raghu.

Neenga NJ palam thinnu kotta pottavara? :think:

Priyam2004
03-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Some good Thai Restaurants in New York for Shy akka.....

BANGKOK HOUSE

360 West, 46th Street, Restaurant Row (between 8th & 9th Avenues), NYC
Phone: US 212 541 5943

THE RAIN RESTAURANT

RR (East)
1059 Third Avenue (between 62nd & 63rd Streets), NYC
Phone: US 212 223 3669, Fax: US 212 223 6765

RR (West)
100 West, 82nd Street (between Amsterdam & Columbus Avenues), NYC
Phone: US 212 501 0776, Fax: US 212 501 9147

LEMONGRASS GRILL RESTAURANT

138 East, 34th Street, New York
Phone: US 212 213 3317, Fax: US 212 213 3491

80 University Place, New York
Phone: US 212 604 9870, Fax: US 212 604 9872

2534 Broadway, New York
Phone: US 212 666 0888, Fax: US 212 666 1677

37 Barrow, New York
Phone: US 212 242 0606

61 A, 7th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
Phone: US 718 399 7100

84 William Street, New York
Phone: US 212 809 8038, Fax: US 212 809 8039

156 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY
Phone: US 718 522 9728, Fax: US 718 522 9730

Shy
03-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Wowwwwwwwwwwww... !!!!

Thanks priyamana priyam :sm08: :sm08: Will try the first one this weekend.. surprisekku place kedaichaachu.. infinite time thanks ma ..... cho chweeeeeet

Shy

sri_gan
03-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Shy akka,

Enakku entha hotelume therila ka athuvum mela irruka post le irrunthu enne therila kaa... therila theriyala theriyala :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18:

Yakka Google Local nu onnu irrukku athu use panni irrukengala? :sm12:

illati

http://www.google.com/local/

Shy
03-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Priyam.. intha weekend pooga mudiyalai.. rain .. so no NY, next weekend will try :) instead we went to the one suggested by Raghu in NJ itself.. Vasantha bhavan...

My Review -

Great food... But couldnt try their speciality because sema crowd, so menu theenthu pochu.. karaikudi parotta, special kurma. puttu, eppadi naraiya authentic variaties irukku... fried idlies with special chutney ;), paneer burgi dosai, appuram namba oorla VGPla kedaikumae biggggggggggg dosa, athu mathiri 6 feet dosai irukku :ee:

So atlast we went 2 hrs before closing, appovae, special thing ellam ellai .. so my advice.. GO EARLY :)

Its an hr drive from my place.. but it was worth it.. Thanks much Raghu :) After a long time had some authentic south indian food outside :) romba mukiyam, "round katti" adiikalaamnu meals irukumnu poogaatheengo.. its mostly different dosais and curries..
Rice itemla mixed rices and then with the north indian curry dishes u get rice, avaloo thaan.. mathapadi its mostly dosai, oothaapam, adai typpe tiffin item thaan :)

Shy

raghu
03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
HI! shy nice to know that u enjoyed. they also have full south indian buffetsome times.but not during week ends....did u try there veggie kotthuparota?and for the first time i ate a fully cooked oothamppam........most of the times,in almost every place i had centre wont b cookrd properly.here it was too good, i felt the service was also good, pleasant people..........konjam samika bore adicha we go there......

anitam
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow, nice topic... BTW Dc area-la yarum illaya... entha NJ makkal verupethranga...

Ok, nane sollren.

Minarva (VA) - Best place for Non-Veg.. I like chillie bajji there.

Woodlands and Udupi (MD) - Best veg food.

Akbar (MD) - Nalla north indian food kedaikum.

Don Pablo's - Excellent place for Mexican food. I like Quesadillas here.

Olive garden - A place for pasta lovers.

Rockvillie Md -la ore indian restaurent irukku, nalla indian food kedaikum. They perform indian dances. Anga buffet romba famous, $50 -ku 2 hrs one by one kuduthittu irupanga..
Newly married couples-ku best place.. Acho per marathu pochu.

Mango groove - A dosa place... enna dosa kettalum kedaikum. Enga madras masal dosa romba famous.

ns80
03-21-2005, 03:21 PM

minerva...non-veg'a :Ksp:...i thot it was pure vegetarian(both Herndon and Fairfax versions). I am an addict to Herndon Minerva. Except for the spring roll dosa, liked every other dosa variety there. Pretty nice vegetarian place.

Never had a chance to explore Fairfax Minerva, was way too crowded everytime I visit.

Udupi Palace in Northern DC(Takoma Park, MD) wasnt that good as I expected, heard there is one more in Gaithersburg from friends that it is pretty good.

Havent tried any other restaurant in DC area, mostly head to Herndon Minerva :sm11:

silican
03-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Minarva (VA
Idhu mattum dhan naan poirukken. Ennoda Roomie'yoda cousin'oda Friend ( ?????? ) pudhusa Fairfax'la oru veedu katti irundhaanga. Ivvlo nerungiya sondhakkaranga veetu viseshamna pogaama irukka mudiyuma ?? Minerva'lerndhu Lunch order pannirundhanga. Nalla seri kattu kattittu rendu naalaikku thevaiyanadha veetukku "To go" pannittu vandhutten :ee: :sm12: :sm12: :ee:

- Silix

PS: Anitam indha Mango Groove enga irukku DC/VA or MD ?? :think:

anitam
03-21-2005, 03:32 PM

minerva...non-veg'a :Ksp:...i thot it was pure vegetarian(both Herndon and Fairfax versions). I am an addict to Herndon Minerva. Except for the spring roll dosa, liked every other dosa variety there. Pretty nice vegetarian place.

Never had a chance to explore Fairfax Minerva, was way too crowded everytime I visit.

Udupi Palace in Northern DC(Takoma Park, MD) wasnt that good as I expected, heard there is one more in Gaithersburg from friends that it is pretty good.

Havent tried any other restaurant in DC area, mostly head to Herndon Minerva :sm11:

Minerva, Herndon is very famous for non-veg items, especially butter chicken and hydrabai biriyani. I really wonder, how u couldn't smell the non-veg there.

Yep, udupi gaithersburg is good, compared to takoma park.

Silican,

Mango groove is in Columbia, MD. Namba madras kararthan vechirukar.

ns80
03-21-2005, 04:56 PM
oh i c...i really dint feel it was a non-veg special at all. though it is a little bit expensive. defenitely worth the food.

there is a Madras restaurant in Dallas(the name of the restaurant also starts with Madras), its quite close to Coit Road and is somewhere in North Eastern suburbs of Dallas. If I remember right, they have 2 branches in Houston as well(one is in Sugarland, 'nother close to downtown). completely forgot about the name, but the food there is really good. it is being run by some chennaiite. yaarkavadhu nyabagam irukka andha restaurant per ennanu :think:

anitam
03-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Here in DC area there is one called "Madras palace", one in Washington DC downtown and other in VA.

coolian
03-21-2005, 05:12 PM
One day I went to this place Amma's Kitchen...it was supposed to be very good, according to some friends of mine...apparently, on the day I went, the cooks were in a bad mood...naaaaaasty food...

ns80
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
cooli bro...which city is that Amma's kitchen in :think: the name sounds like some Chettinad cuisine though.

coolian
03-21-2005, 05:47 PM
I went there when I went for the Russell Peter's show in DC...yucks to the max...at least, on that day...

Shy
03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Yes raghu, people were good.. :) and yes my husband tried the uthaapaam .. ofcourse itsmine too right.. ;) nala tastya irunthathu.. :)

Tanjore pathi pesitu irunthoomae.. did anyone know the address and direction for it ??

Wow, nice topic... BTW Dc area-la yarum illaya... entha NJ makkal verupethranga...

Acho anitam.. 4 hrs thaanae vanthudunga ingae ;) oru vettu vettitu poogalaam :sm08:

But yes minerva is a a good one... I dont know the location. but it was in the main road.. I mean in a busy place.. :) some beltway or something :)

Amma's kitchen, eppo thaan kelvi paduraen :think:

Shy

ns80
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
The Fairfax Minerva is just off I-66 from Exit 57(not sure whether it is A/B, remember it is an exit towards Fairfax).

Herndon Minerva, take the right just before Route 28 off Route 50, it is in a huge shopping mall(infact thats the only commercial location you can find after you take that right from Rt 50).

amurugan
03-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Ok, nane sollren.

Woodlands and Udupi (MD) - Best veg food.

Akbar (MD) - Nalla north indian food kedaikum.

Don Pablo's - Excellent place for Mexican food. I like Quesadillas here.

Olive garden - A place for pasta lovers.

Rockvillie Md -la ore indian restaurent irukku, nalla indian food kedaikum. They perform indian dances. Anga buffet romba famous, $50 -ku 2 hrs one by one kuduthittu irupanga..
Newly married couples-ku best place.. Acho per marathu pochu.

Mango groove - A dosa place... enna dosa kettalum kedaikum. Enga madras masal dosa romba famous.

The place in maryland is memsaheb where they have belly dance .

Marrakesh is good too and even heritage of india .wheres mango groove?

Bombay palace is okay and one gujarati restuarant swad in dc is okay .

anitam
03-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Acho anitam.. 4 hrs thaanae vanthudunga ingae ;) oru vettu vettitu poogalaam :sm08:

Shy

Acho, oru sapatukku 4 hrs travel panna solreengle ithu aniyayam. Anyway, NJ-la neraya friends irukanga, princeton-la oru thadava peacock or something...perula oru restaurent ponom, food was good.

Thanks for ur invitation shy.

amurugan,

I don't think its memsaheb... its India gate or garden, i don't remember. I saw some bengali dance there.

Mango grove is in columbia, MD.

Teena
03-22-2005, 11:50 PM
yella NJ makkale.......mon mouth junction, NJ pakkathula irukkara good south Indian restaurants yedhavadhu irundha sollungha plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Shy
03-22-2005, 11:50 PM
anitam ur most welcome...

Princetonla iruka.. NJl yentha nalla restuarant therinchaalum sollungo.. antha peacock place pathi ketu sollungo if u can :sm08: :sm08:

Dance ellam irukumma :00: :00:.. I have never seen one Indian place here in NJ like that :think:

Shy

Priyanka
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Paavam. Namma Silican romba kaanju kadakkaarunnu nenakkaren. :Ksp: Athu thaan masaal dosaiya avatar-aa potrukkaaru. :lol: .

Here in DC area there is one called "Madras palace", one in Washington DC downtown and other in VA.

Anitham. :yes: Enga oorlaiyum Madras Palace irukkee! :dance: Sppaadu romba nallaa irukkum. :P Athuvum buffet super-aa irukkum. :sm10:

Aana enna thaan irundhaalum enga ammavoda samaiyalukkum mamiyaroda samaiyalukkum eedaagumaa? Very very eagerly waiting to taste my maamiyaar's samayal. Yummy yummy! :sm11: Athuvum aracchu vitta sambar veppaanga paarunga! Vaasanai ooraiyee thukkum. :P

Shy
03-23-2005, 12:03 AM
yella NJ makkale.......mon mouth junction, NJ pakkathula irukkara good south Indian restaurants yedhavadhu irundha sollungha plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Here you go Teena,

Chutney Manor

3793 - RT 1 South
Monmouth Junction
Ph# 732-422-7700

Shy

tinker
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Anitham. :yes: Enga oorlaiyum Madras Palace irukkee! :dance: Sppaadu romba nallaa irukkum. :P Athuvum buffet super-aa irukkum. :sm10:

Aana enna thaan irundhaalum enga ammavoda samaiyalukkum mamiyaroda samaiyalukkum eedaagumaa? Very very eagerly waiting to taste my maamiyaar's samayal. Yummy yummy! :sm11: Athuvum aracchu vitta sambar veppaanga paarunga! Vaasanai ooraiyee thukkum. :P

Adappavame India pogaradhukku munnadiye ippadiya , ellarum ninga arasiyal la gudhikkalam sonnappa enda ippadi sorlanga nu puriyala ippo dhaaan puriyudhu.. :Ksp: :Ksp:

Shy
03-23-2005, 12:06 AM

Acho eppovae arambika kudaathu priyanka ;) India poi porumaiyaa Ice vaikalaam..

Just kidding :)

Shy

Shy
03-23-2005, 12:09 AM

Adappavame India pogaradhukku munnadiye ippadiya , ellarum ninga arasiyal la gudhikkalam sonnappa enda ippadi sorlanga nu puriyala ippo dhaaan puriyudhu.. :Ksp: :Ksp:

Enna nenaicheenga namba PK pathi.. yethum parthu irungo ji.. innum 10 yearsla namba angae poorachae evo CM or PMa kooda irupaanga :lol: :lol: sema talent for politics theriyumaa ;)

Neenga kalakunga PK, Geetham vote bank ungalukku thaan :b:

Shy

tinker
03-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Shy

Ellathayum sollittu kadaisila rendu vaarthaya miss pannitanga, kadasila Narayana, narayana sethunda innum apt a irukkum avangalukku :)

-Tinker

Teena
03-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Very many thanks shy.

If u find any other veg/non-veg restaurants nearby mon mouth Jn could pls list here.This is to my friend who lives at NJ.

Shy
03-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Teena, Sure will let u know :)

Shy

Ellathayum sollittu kadaisila rendu vaarthaya miss pannitanga, kadasila Narayana, narayana sethunda innum apt a irukkum avangalukku :)

-Tinker

Athooda my westernized version thaan "Just kidding" ;)

But yes, next time NN solalaam, ellaina namba narayanan, thanai thaan kupidaroomnu vanthuruvaar :ee:

Shy

tinker
03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Ninga koopdalanaalum Narayanan ingaye dhaan iruppar :).

PS: Priyankakku andha Just kidding meaning puriya venama ;)

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 12:53 AM

Enna nenaicheenga namba PK pathi.. yethum parthu irungo ji.. innum 10 yearsla namba angae poorachae evo CM or PMa kooda irupaanga :lol: :lol: sema talent for politics theriyumaa ;)

Neenga kalakunga PK, Geetham vote bank ungalukku thaan :b:

Shy

Ada paavingalaa! Otthumaiyaa irukkara maamiyaar marumagala piricchuttu thaan maruvelai pappeenga polrukke! :evil: Romba jaaggirathaiyaa irukkanum unga kitta! :Ksp: Irukkattum irukkattum, naan CM-aavo PM-aavo aaneenaa ungalukkellaam vettu vacchuttu thaan maruvelai pakka poren. :evil: Etho enakku vote podrennu vakkuruthi kudutthathanaala neengallaam thappiccheenga. Illeenna ungalai... :evil:

Just kidding. :sm12: :wink:

ns80
03-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Ninga koopdalanaalum Narayanan ingaye dhaan iruppar

dho vanten...dho vanten :D....

adada...ivlo action nadandhurukku naan illaama poittene. naan "How to kill your roomate"la project pannitu irundhen (Samayal pannitu irundhen ;)).

yaarum emandhuraadheenga. arasiyal varrathukku munnadi ellarum ippadi thaan summa solluvaanga. neenga onnum kavalai padaadheenga PK...inga irukkura 18000 perum aalukku 100 vote pottaavadhu ungala CM aakidrom. enna....

"5 varusham CM'a irukkiya...live forum odikittu irukku thangachi" (Raghuvaran style'la CM telling)

"seri'nu sollu seri'nu sollu"(geetham members ellam kathraanga)

ungaloda bathil'ku dhaan waiting :ee:

tinker
03-23-2005, 02:56 AM
Ellarum kekkum bodhu ninga yosippinga appo narayanan elundhu kathuvar

Eduthukonga , ninga ponadhulerndhu kindal panna aale kidaikkala eduthukkonga plsss nu

Udane ninga aludhukitte narayanan kayya pudichu thookuvinga

Background la UPS(Shy and other geethamites) PS veerappa maadhiri sirippom

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 04:27 AM
Ippa ennaandreeenga ellaarum! :00: Ennai CM aakkuveengalaa maatteengalaa? :Ksp: Thelivaa sollidunga. Yennaa athukku thagundhaappula naan plan podanum.

ns80
03-23-2005, 04:41 AM
ungala aakaama vera aaka porom sollunga. neenga dhaan enga thalaiv(al)i :D. adhu seri adhu enna plan podanum, elevation podanum'nu merattitu irukkeengale. adhu inna :think:

PS: "Chance for Silican ;)" madiri yaarum "Chance for PK :-)" appadinu yaarum aarambikka maatengraangale :Ksp:

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 04:48 AM
ungala aakaama vera aaka porom sollunga. neenga dhaan enga thalaiv(al)i :D. adhu seri adhu enna plan podanum, elevation podanum'nu merattitu irukkeengale. adhu inna :think:

PS: "Chance for Silican ;)" madiri yaarum "Chance for PK :-)" appadinu yaarum aarambikka maatengraangale :Ksp:

Ada paavingalaa! :00: Ungalai ellaam nambi naan politics-la erangineeen.... Avvalavu thaan. En kathi athooo... kathi thaan. :cry: 'Maiyile Maiyile'nna eragu podumaa? Ungalai ellaam eppadi meratti vote vaangurathunnu enakku nallaa theriyum. :evil:

amurugan
03-23-2005, 02:09 PM

Shy

Acho, oru sapatukku 4 hrs travel panna solreengle ithu aniyayam. Anyway, NJ-la neraya friends irukanga, princeton-la oru thadava peacock or something...perula oru restaurent ponom, food was good.

Thanks for ur invitation shy.

amurugan,

I don't think its memsaheb... its India gate or garden, i don't remember. I saw some bengali dance there.

Mango grove is in columbia, MD.

Shy ,
Theres an indian/pakistan restuarant in md called memsaheb where they have customary way of eating which has belly dance . Its really good (dance and food) .

Theres one indian resturant in georgetown "tajmahal" . Its okay . In dc , The best place for asian would be penang(malay) , cafe asia (southeast asian) and moby **** for kabob.

silican
03-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Day before yesterday tried this Mirch Masala in Decatur, GA. Food was not so great. But it was a :sm05: great place to be on a Weekday night
Malai Kofta was so-so and Kadaai Paneer was good. Tried some vegetarian Manchurian and Navrathan Khorma too. They were quite decent. Best part was the final Mango lassi. Simply delicious. :sm11:
Beware: DONT Try Rasa malaai there. :doh: I felt as though Im eating a ream of paper. :snooty: Quite old stuff.

- Silix

PS: They do have a buffet lunch and dinner, but mostly Non-Veg.

silican
03-23-2005, 05:51 PM
adada...ivlo action nadandhurukku naan illaama poittene. naan "How to kill your roomate"la project pannitu irundhen (Samayal pannitu irundhen ).

Adappavigala ??? ungalukku ellam manasatchiye kedaiyadhaa ? :cry: :cry: Vaaraththula rendu naal dhane cooking turn ? adhai konjam ozhunga seyya koodadha ? Adheppdi bore adikkama adhey Dhal, Brussel Sprouts Fry ( Aduththa dhadavai Kroger pogum podhu andha Frozen foods section'a mannennai ooththi koluththanum :evil: ) samaikkaranga ? :sm15:

ரூம்மேட் அமைவதெல்லா ம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம்...

- சிலிக்கன்

PS: Sorry NS, edho ennoda sondha kadhai soga kadhai. :snooty:

ns80
03-23-2005, 06:09 PM
tried this Mirch Masala in Decatur, GA

where is this place :think:. ive been to Madras Saravana Bhavan couple of times, wondering where this is.

Aduththa dhadavai Kroger pogum podhu andha Frozen foods section'a mannennai ooththi koluththanum

adap paavi :00: :00:...andha section naala dhaan naanga ellam vaazharom. ippadi nee adhulaye mannaLLi podriye. idhu nyayama :snooty:.

PS: neways...naan oralavukku nallave samaippen. andha caption chumma oru jolly'kaaga pottadhu.

suha
03-23-2005, 06:12 PM
seri seri adhullam irrukatum silix anna....aama adhu enna avatar laiye hotel vachi irrukingo :Ksp:

aama daily andha dosa sapidringlla :think: bore illaiyya :Ksp: appdi naa ennaku koduthudngo andha platee la irukura dosa :ee:

silican
03-23-2005, 06:36 PM
where is this place . ive been to Madras Saravana Bhavan couple of times, wondering where this is.

This is the address:

Mirch Masala
1713 Church St, Decatur, GA 30033

Actually its just around the corner of Zykha restaurant. If you could make it before 9:00 PM there is an Indo-Chinese restaurant next to it. "Bamboo Garden" or something. Thats good too.

- Silix

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Appadiye Philadelphiala ethaavathu nalla Indian restaurent irundhaa sollungapaa! :pray: Planning to visit there. :ee:

tinker
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Appadiye Philadelphiala ethaavathu nalla Indian restaurent irundhaa sollungapaa! :pray: Planning to visit there. :ee:

Anga dhaan pakkathula Lord Venkateswara mess irukke...

silican
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Appadiye Philadelphiala ethaavathu nalla Indian restaurent irundhaa sollungapaa! Planning to visit there. :ee:

Idhu konja aatam over'a therla ??? ozhunga pottiya kattittu oora paaka ponoma, T.Nagar'la naalu hotelukku ponoma, vagai vagaiya saaptoma, Renganathan Street'la Sappota Juice kudichchoma'nnu illama, Philadelphia'la hotel kekkudhakkum..adhuvum "nalla Indian Restaurant" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Idhu madhiri vayitherichchal kelapuneenganna, neenga pora Air India flight'la Vegadha Pongalum pazhaya idly'um dhan kedaikkum :snooty:

- Silix

ns80
03-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Anga dhaan pakkathula Lord Venkateswara mess irukke...

adhu Pittsburgh'la na irukku :think: Philly'layuma?

Idhu madhiri vayitherichchal kelapuneenganna, neenga pora Air India flight'la Vegadha Pongalum pazhaya idly'um dhan kedaikkum

idhuvum thavira naanga andha flight'a moon'ku kadathittu poiduvom :ahha:. appuram irukkura vegaadha pongal'a neenga rasichu rusichu sapuda vendi irukkum :evil:

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Appadiye Philadelphiala ethaavathu nalla Indian restaurent irundhaa sollungapaa! Planning to visit there. :ee:

Idhu konja aatam over'a therla ??? ozhunga pottiya kattittu oora paaka ponoma, T.Nagar'la naalu hotelukku ponoma, vagai vagaiya saaptoma, Renganathan Street'la Sappota Juice kudichchoma'nnu illama, Philadelphia'la hotel kekkudhakkum..adhuvum "nalla Indian Restaurant" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Idhu madhiri vayitherichchal kelapuneenganna, neenga pora Air India flight'la Vegadha Pongalum pazhaya idly'um dhan kedaikkum :snooty:

- Silix

Ada Silican! Nee veeera vayaththericchala kottikkaathepaa! :evil: Asai asaiya India pogalaamnu solli padhi saamaana pack panni ellaam pannittom. Aana dhidirnu innikku kaalaiyila enga husband-oda companyla avarai Phili-ku oru maasam poga sollittaanga! :doh: Grahachchaaram :doh: Ippa ennadaanna samaikkira paatthiram ellaatthaiyum, mixie modhakkondu pack panni India anupchuttom. One month hotel-la thaan stay panni aaganum. :sm18:

Road perukkara velaikku ponaalum pogalaam... Indha software company-la mattum velai pakkavee koodaathu. :sm18: :sm19: :doh:

silican
03-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Adi sakkai...Hotel Vaasama ?? :clap:

Kavalaiye padadheenga.. Unga aaththukkarar paatukku office kelambi pogattum..Oru 30 nimisham online'la thedi restaurant kandu pudichchi daily suththunga..

Ungalukkaga Restaurants in Philly (http://philadelphia.eknazar.com/YellowPages/viewListings.shtml?categoryID= 3)

Marandhum kooda Raj Dharbar pakkam poidadheenga..January'la anga poyi treat koduththu maatikittu potrukkara dress thavira meedhi ellam pudingittu dhan vittanunga :cry:

- Silix

Priyanka
03-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Aiiiii! :dance: Romba thanx Silican! :yes:

Adi sakkai...Hotel Vaasama ??

:evil: grrrr... oru masa hotel stay ungalukku jolly-aa theriyuthaa? Oree room-kulla oru maasam adanju kedakkarathu evvalavu kashtamnu irundhu parthalla theriyum?

mrs_sri_gan
03-24-2005, 03:30 PM
so Pk neenga US'la innum 1mth irruka poringa............geethamkku 2mths leave kedachthu unga nalla ippa athu poye pochu,Its gone :evil: athuvum hotel'e irruntha romba geetham papinga..... :ee:

yes PK hotel'la irrukurathu romba kashtam than...athuvum kuttiya vera vachukittu....oh god.... romba pavam neenga.

silican
03-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Hei Guys,
Try Qdoba. Its really good. Pricewise its in the same range as Chipotle. But these people make a hot sauce thats Yummy. :) And while having Veggie Burritto, ask for a seperate cup of Guacamole. :ee:

- Silix

SideTrack:
yes PK hotel'la irrukurathu romba kashtam than...athuvum kuttiya vera vachukittu....oh god.... romba pavam neenga.

Samaikka mudiyadhu...Irukkira oru maasamum Hotel saapadu..adhu thavira vera enna kashtam pa ?? :think:

Shy
03-24-2005, 03:46 PM
So one month more here.. acho.. pavam :oops: its a kadi to be in a room pa... evening evening velila sutha poidunga :)

Shy

mrs_sri_gan
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Nanga Swagath try pannompa.....really superb.last week'e 2 times poitom.anga irruka old man vanthu tamila pesuraru.....but engaium adai dosa seiya theriyala.sambar bathila vengaya koss kudukuranga.nalla irruku.cheif ellam ladies than.

Thai resturant(shy akka uppayam)ponnom.angaium food nalla irrunthau.

Then Hot breads irruku.anga try pannala.but ithellam ore strip mall'kulla than irruku.

Neengalum try pannuga.

chinglees
03-25-2005, 04:30 AM
San diegola pudusaa Chaat kadai open pannirkaanga..Gujju kadai.*Surati Farsan*
ennoda friends ellrum anga poi oru vettu vettitu vandaanga..romba nalla iruku sonaanga :sm11: :Ksp: ..Inda weekend polaam oru plan iruku..So inga San diego vandaa inga miss pannaadeengo saapda :D

madhu_aish1
03-27-2005, 02:08 AM
topic about food and still no post from me.. shameful act from my side :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Let me start with Indian cuisine. I give least preference to indian cuisines .. ironically they are found everywhere :doh: :doh: :doh: . If you like to have a full meal without biting the wallet . Go for Komala vilas sunnyvale , CA ..near by is chat paradise which is also pretty reasonable. Unlimited meals priced at 8 dollars with tax is reasonable looking at the quality of food.

Medium priced restaurants are shivas (naan and paneer butter masala are excellent ) , taj mahal all located in downtown mountain view.

Now comes the pricey ones.. Saravana bhavan (Only one of its kind in Bay area) .. pleasant service but always crowded. If you are hungry dont dare to go there, be ready to wait for atleast 15 minutes. For non veg .. amber and passage to india are next to next.. quite lively atmosphere. prices range from 14 to 21 dollars .. food is not delicious but edible.

oops forgot about "darbar" it in downtown pala alto ..good food . they accept coupons

Moving on to next famous cuisine... chinese.. :P :P :P . I love chinese food.. Jing Jing in downtown palo alto is famous for kung pao chicken and schewan noodles... nice hot combo... so is garlic sauteed chicken... If your are a meat lover this is the place..

mr.chau sucks but if you want to eat ..eat it.. Indians generally wont prefer chinese noodle houses since they are authentic chinese. I have been in and out few noodle houses and they were good. Note : I like to try variety stuff rather than sticking to one cuisine ..

Every street in bay area would have a thai restaurant..the ones i like are amarin , krung siam , siam royal , banana leaf(they serve delicious starters... have with beer.. nothing beats it) .. :D :D :D . prices are reasonable from 15 to 20 dollars .. If you go with a group you will end up saving at the same time trying more combinations.. Amarin is famous for cocunut chicken.. for veggie lovers... amarin has seperate restaurant just a couple of blocks from the non veggie restaurant... Banana leaf is known for starters and sizzlers... :ee: :ee: this is one damn fine restaurant.. the crowd is also unbelievable... :D c'mon you know what i mean..

mexican..mmmm.... chipotle ..nothing beats it in burrito category..

El Tequeria grill is good for sea food salads... i always look for only one thing in a mexican restaurant.. salsa and nachos ..okie thats 2 things :wink:

How about singaporean style... Straits in El Camino... quite fancy one ... but food tastes great .. it has a attached bar for your convenience :ahha:

Did i miss anything .. :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: I might have..

yey if you do visit bay area and stuck for good .. let me know .. can help you around.. I just charge a meal :ahha:

mrs_sri_gan
03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
nethu thanpa Vasanta Bhavan try pannom.buffet poitom :( ....so order panna mudiyala.seri take out kondu polama kettom athu menu order panna than mudium sollitanga.

so menu'la irrukurathu order panni sapitta than take out undama.either buffet sapita buffet item ellam take out kondu polamam. (nan enna solla varennu puriutha :Ksp:

buffet'la nalla irrunthathu moong dal salad & curd rice :sm11: .Next time poi than menu item ellam order panni pakanum.

Shy
03-30-2005, 02:44 AM
NJ la oru nalla indian party vaikara mathiri idam iruntha sollungo :)

Udanae ellarum naanga ellaiyaanu kekakudaathu ;) My friend is arranging it, asked me for suggestions :ee:

Shy

mrs_sri_gan
03-31-2005, 02:45 PM
shy

ennaku therincha varikum......Akbar nalla irrukum,but its too costly.

Approm Indian masala....opp to woodbridge mall.i think its not much costlier ...privacy irrukum....enna nanga 2-3 times ponnappa romba yarum illa....but veg eppadi irrukum theriyalla.non-veg nalla irrunthathu.

vera edam ennaku theriyalla :ee: yarum reply pannala so namkku therinchatha sollalamnnu sonnen.

ns80
03-31-2005, 04:13 PM
raghu eppadi indha topic paakaama vittaango. NJ side restaurant ideas ellam avanga dhaan kuduthurukkaanga :D.

Shy
03-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys...

Mrs.Sri.. Yeah had gone there, but they dont have a private hall :) Its just within the restuarant :) so athai already reject panitoom.. thanks anyway...

Finalised with Jaipur palace :ee: had been to the restuarant there before, food is good, interior is awesome :)

Shy

raghu
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
vandhuten...................su ksagar is a good vegi place, they have a seperate room for parties...ask ur friend to try that place shy............

Shy
03-31-2005, 09:03 PM
vandhuten...................su ksagar is a good vegi place, they have a seperate room for parties...ask ur friend to try that place shy............

Yeah, thats a good place.. just months back one of our others friends party angae nadanthathu , so cant choose that one :)

Thanks raghu...

Shy

sri_gan
04-01-2005, 01:01 AM

raghu,

naan antha vasanta bhavan (naan vasantha bahavan nu nenachutten :sm12:) poittu buffet theriyama sollitu sappiten, guess what car le eri ukathathukku appuram oru 1 hr kku severe indigestion.... control pannitu car ottitu vanden...

Inimel antha pakkam ponna order mattum than panalam nu irrukom.

raghu
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
achacho.ippo nalla dhane irukenga......more than the buffet namba order panni sapitaradhu nalla irukum......for that week days la varanam.

ns80
06-05-2005, 09:13 PM
long time no updates.... :think: ok here's from me..
~~~~~~~~
Been to Vatica in Marietta, GA yesterday night. Had this vegetarian thali, it was good quality wise, but was'nt worth quantity and variety wise for 9 $ :p: 2-3 varieties of side dishes for chappathi(unlimited) and rice + rasam madiri edho irundhudhu :Ksp:. not a good solution if you are a round katti sapudra party in restaurants.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Had this veggie sandwich with Jalapeno bread in Schlotzsky's worth the investment :b: quite filling.

ns80
07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
long time no talk about places to eat :(
~~~~~~~~~
does anyone good indian cuisines in around Philly :think: :think:

vasan
07-29-2005, 09:55 PM
does anyone good indian cuisines in around Philly

M.N. Shyamalan might know.. :wink:

Neenga thaana does anyone appadinnu sonnenga.. :oops: :P

v- :D

ns80
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
M.N. Shyamalan might know

adhu seri, avara naan enga pidikkardhu :( namma geetham'la dhaan nariya food fans irukkango :D adhaan ketten.

raghu
08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
august 2nd first anniversary at vasantha bhawan.. kalyana samayal nu notice poturukan..but this is for lunch...mudinjavanga poi saptitu vanga...

mrs_sri_gan
08-02-2005, 12:22 PM
achoo :doh: marupadium vasanta Bhavana mattave matten :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

raghu
08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
enna mrs sri pidikalaya ungaluku?

mrs_sri_gan
08-02-2005, 12:43 PM
achoo enga kudumba pulambala muthina page'la solli irrupom parunga :doh:

raghu
08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
weekday poi nidhanama dinner sapidunga ..week end buffet dhan...try karaikudi kothuparota....super spicy..amakalama iruku

mrs_sri_gan
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh...thanks Raghu...ungalukku vasanta bhavan ethum commision ellam kudukaliya?nalla recommend pannuringa... :ee:

Weekend'la 1hr drive panni ponnum :( ...but innoru thadava try pannrom :D

raghu
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM
adhellam illai yam petra inbam peruga iv vaiyagam nudhan....

silican
08-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Mirchi Marsala - Atlanta

Neththu raththiri amma
Kaaram jaasththi da amma

Attagasamana saapadu. aana andha restaurant'la naan mattum dhaan irundhen apart from the waiter/cashier. House fly crow edhuvume illai :00:

- Silix

thamizh
08-03-2005, 06:52 PM
What about a thread of "Where NOT to eat" ???
I hate Subway, even though I have never eaten from them, the first time we bought some sandwiches from there, my sis got sick !

Shy
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Saravanas's Lexington and 26th in NY.

Awesome.. mini gheee idlies, kaima idly, veg paratha, full meals.. ellam super..

rava kesari a-one.

dont miss it..

Also heard that they are opening a abranch in oak tree road in NJ soon...

appuram asaivam'nu NYla irukam.. non-vegkku best place'aam.. :b:

Shy

raghu
08-24-2005, 01:48 PM
oh shy saravanabhavan potengala..iam also planning to go there ....

Shy
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
raghu.. yes poitu vanthen.. vanthu 2 times poiyaachu..

very good food.. namba oor sambhar sapidara tasteae thani.. i think u will love their sambhar too.. mini idly kandeepa order panunga..

Micky/silican.. vera postsla yethoo nalla restuarant pathi soli iruntheengalae.. please ingae post pannungo.

Oak tree roadla irukara royal thai.. one good place.. very authentic food and tasty too.

Shy

ns80
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Dinner buffet irukkunu Philadelphia downtown Chestnut street-42nd street'la irukkura New Delhi restaurant'ku ponom. maha waste, thappi thavariyum poidadheenga.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate Subway, even though I have never eaten from them, the first time we bought some sandwiches from there, my sis got sick !

After going to Quiznos for the first time. I never felt like eating in Subway or Schlotzsky's. Schlotzsky's is a little better than Subway for veggie. Quiznos is ofcourse the best of the 3.

goodcomplanboy
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Awesome.. mini gheee idlies, kaima idly, veg paratha, full meals.. ellam super..
rava kesari a-one.
dont miss it..
Also heard that they are opening a abranch in oak tree road in NJ soon...
appuram asaivam'nu NYla irukam.. non-vegkku best place'aam..

Have to go, but never got a chance yet. Heard its so nice. Many of my friends who work in NYC have gone there.

Another place to eat:

Palace of Jaipur Exit 5 on Rte: 287.

Went for a birthday party there and the food was really good. Went the next day for the Lunch Buffet and it was good too :b: Go for it NJ vaazh makkale :wink:

ns80
08-29-2005, 07:44 PM

rava kesari a-one.

dont miss it..

and Kushbu Idly too :cry: :cry:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2752/100062314fi.jpg

Picture Courtesy: Mr.Prabhu's blog (http://tringtring.blogspot.com/2005/08/3.html)

rsivaraman
08-29-2005, 07:58 PM
I heard Annapoorna is pretty good too, but It was closed when I came there, so went to a place called Pongal, it was good too :D :D

-Siva

Shy
09-01-2005, 02:24 AM
pongal'ae good'nu solreenga.. Saravanas is heaven :) try pannungo..

NS alatheengo... oru trip ny poitu vanthurunga.. :)

GCB. palace of jaipur occasion appo, like new year antha mathiri poona innum supera irukkum, indian djs ooda ;)

Shy

rsivaraman
09-01-2005, 02:34 AM
pongal'ae good'nu solreenga.. Saravanas is heaven Very Happy try pannungo.
:sm18: :sm18: :sm18: :sm18:

ennoda friends kitta sonnen Saravana Dosa Hut pogalamnu ...tharruthalai passanga :?

That weekend NY was 100 ..never felt so sweltering :(

-Siva

silican
09-15-2005, 06:07 PM
NS and other Quizzno's sub lovers. Try this Fire House subs. (http://www.firehousesubs.com)

These people make some really tasty Baked Veggie sub (Med - $4.29 and Large - $5.49 ) 'fully loaded' as they say and it is yummy yummy. :)

Yesterday I went to Ruby Tuesday (www.rubytuesday.com), and had a Mama Mia Burger with Fries and Salad. The largest burger and the best Fries and Salad I have ever eaten. They have plenty of items to choose at the salad bar. :) Happy eating. Will be More restaurants in Duluth next week ;)

- Silix

Shy
09-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Silican... Its only in these states

Alabama, Arkansas, florida, Georgia, Lousiana, NC, SC, Texas and Virginia :(

Burger and Fries ippo outside sapidarathu illai.. after seeing that they use the same oven and oil for veggie and non-veggie items :(

Siva sapitutu sollungo :b:

Shy

Priyam2004
09-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Best place to eat....naa sollavaa....naa sollavaaa...... ;) my amma's kitchen!! :b: :P :P

silican
09-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Best place to eat....naa sollavaa....naa sollavaaa...... ;) my amma's kitchen!! :b: :P :P

Im already fretting to go all the way to Saravana Bhavan to have a plate of sambhar idly. :( Idhula avlooooo dhooram across the yeri/kulam varanuma ?? :think: Do u FedEx ? :ahha:

Priyam2004
09-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeap no prb Silican, I'll post it to ya, but I'm afraid there'll be a charge for postage :D Should you wish for direct delivery to your door...that too I'll do...just pay for my flight ticket and taxi fare.... :sm12: :sm12:

silican
09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Should you wish for direct delivery to your door...that too I'll do...just pay for my flight ticket and taxi fare.... :sm12: :sm12:

I have made up my mind to walk all the way to saravana bhavan now :snooty:

- Silix

PS: Sorry peeps for arattais in this 'Divine' thread. :ahha: PQP see you at RT.

Priyam2004
09-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Oops...yeah me too.....sorry :pray:
See ya in RT Silican ;)

dinesh
09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
There is this place called "Chennai Dosa" in East Ham......they serve divine thosais......anyone in or around London should pay a visit there....

BTW, what's the difference between instant coffee and filter coffee? They had a filter coffee option which was very nice.....

silican
09-15-2005, 09:07 PM
BTW, what's the difference between instant coffee and filter coffee? They had a filter coffee option which was very nice.....

Instant coffee is simple as the word means. Just mix Milk, sugar and Instant coffee powder and tada u get coffee.

Filter coffee actually is a 'Batch process' and requires Coffee powder (A mix of peaberry and Chikory in 70-30 or 75-25 or whatever ratio) which is first filled in a dedicated filter and boiling hot water is poured into it. The decoction which is collected in the lower part of the filter is then mixed with milk and sugar, without using a spoon, but by "aaththing" (wht is the equivalent english word ? :think: ) and prepared.

dinesh
09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok...I geddit now...
But this sounds like espresso mixed with milk...ie Latte, but how come filter coffee these guys served was much tastier? Do they use different type of coffee beans? :think:

Priyam2004
09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Dinesh...filter coffee is made like this (inthe topic'ae parungo) ->

http://www.geetham.net/forums/topic,17601,-**-namma-ooru-filter-kaapi-**.html

Whereas instant coffee is made via instant coffee from a jar (eg: Nescafe, etc) :D

BTW: Chennai Dosa is also in Croydon!! :ee:

ns80
09-15-2005, 09:19 PM
adap paavi manager, GA vittu vandhappuram solriye :( enna pannuven.

BTW, did u try Norcross Krishna Vilas? Heaven sakes dont try the Minerva in Alpharetta, went with Herndon/Fairfax Minerva level expectations. total disappointment :p:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baked Veggie sub (Med - $4.29 and Large - $5.49 )

paravallaye, looks like a buck or two cheaper than Quiznos. andha pakkam thirumba vandha kandippa try pannanum.

Jason's deli is a similar chain (have seen it only in the south), really good food. but a little bit expensive than Quiznos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
silix did u try Frontera Mex grill in the ATL. Bean Burritos are semma filling. Dint visit frequent enough to try a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what's the difference between instant coffee and filter coffee?

Instant coffee is just add coffee powder, sugar to milk and heat it.

Coffee filter use panni coffee and hot water kalandha oru liquid kedaikkum. adhu, sugar and milk mix panni panradhu dhaan filter coffee.

ippo purinjudho :think: :ee:

dinesh
09-15-2005, 09:32 PM
BTW: Chennai Dosa is also in Croydon!!
I know....been there too :ee:

ippo purinjudho
nanna purinjathu...... :ahha:

Shy
09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Vegetarians(Not sure about Non-Vegetarian Items), Please Note: DONT GO TO MALGUDI, OAK TREE ROAD

Tried yesterday.

First, aachi cauliflower varuval'nu irunthathu. Perae romba authentica irukaenu order paninoom.

dark brown colorla nalla karukii cauliflower vanthathu :oops: :oops: sari appetizer ippadi irukae... konjam cautious a ini order pananumnu...

We ordered a bread basket, bindi dish , naan ushar, south indian platter (it had said , consists of idly, idiappam and a choice of dosa or uthappam) Nalla padindo, yethu choice and yethu obviousa irukkumnu. So as per this menu, Idly, idiappam and my choice of dosai or uthappam varanum right?

Order vanthathu..

Bread basket, Naan ellam adila pudichu irunthathu... :cry: :cry: :cry:

bindi dish onnu specifica ketu irunthoom, it wont be dry, gravy thaanaenu.. vanthathu namba bindi curry seivoomae, dry'a fry panni, athu thaan..

Sari kavalai padaatheenga, naan thaan ushara south indian platter order pani iruken, paarungonu wait panitu irunthoom

vanthathu... there was 2 idly, one dosai(i chose that), surprigingly Rice :00: Sambhar and Rasam?

Naan ketaen.rice ellam irukku, idiyaapaam illaiyaenu.. he said.. no its a choice between idly and idiappam.. pesaama irunthu irukalaam...but sani ennoda vaila irunthu irukum pola irukku.. asked him menu and told him to show me where it wrote idly and idiappam was a choicce.. it just said this "consists of idly, idiappam and a choice of dosa or uthappam" Udanae manager vanthu, ok will make that order for u solitu ponaan.

Idly first kadi.. nadula maavu appadiyae irunthathu :cry: :cry: :cry:

Coconut chutney - salichu poiduthu

Sambhar - yethoo oru smell, not veggie smell, bayam vanthuduchu, sapidalai.

dosai namba veetula panrachae if maavu not good, anagae angae ootai varumae, antha saatha dosai.. so athu sapitaen. avar paavama had that ladysfinger curry with that burnt naan.

We both waited for idiappam.. vanthathu..

2 peicces with coconut milk.. sari ithula yentha vilangamum irukaathunu, aasaiyaa we had a peice..

literally i thupified it..

coconut milk, can'la grocery storela coconut milk varum theriyumaa.. the raw one, athai vachu irukaan :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Naan = $7 (waste)
Bindi Dish = $12 (double waste, ithai nee veetula senchu naan sapitu irukalaamnu sonaar)
Ennoda south indian platter = $17 (kashtam)
cauliflower varuval = $12 (naanae nalla seiven pola irukku
coffe waste, coke thaan best , yena athu ivanga seiyalaiyae...

So aaga motham $60 aluthathu thaan michaam..

Oddi vanthutoom...

So vegetarian people,dont even go there.. Non-vegetarian pathi enakku theriyaathu.. :oops: :oops: these people upset my day yesterday..pesaravanga kita ellam yerinchu vilunthutu irunthen... :(

Shy

Idiot
09-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Ithukku thaan nanga nethu dosai mavu arachu nimmadhiya oru varusham kalichu dosai sapitaen.. :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

sorgathukku ponga pola oru feeling.. :dance: :dance: :dance:

bad day for u shy.. :oops:

valluvan
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
:00: Paavam Shy :( and more pavam who faced Shy yesterday. :ahha:

suha
10-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Hongkong resturants (silix anna for you :ee: )

This is chunking mansion.....Inghaa ponaa indai kulla ponna madirri irrukkum :ee:
all kinda of peoples paklaam and resturants sarees,chudidhars,,indian provison
so many stores :ee:

[web:316336d6bf]http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/c/ch/chungking_mansions.htm[/web:316336d6bf]

http://www.dininginthailand.com/image4dining/veda-hk561-2.jpg

Veda Indian Restaurant

G/F, 8 Arbuthnot Road
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (845) 2868 5885

Cuisine :
Indian Cuisine

Open :
Lunch: 12:00 Noon - 3:00PM
Dinner: 7:00PM - 12:00 Midnite

http://www.dininginthailand.com/image4dining/tandoor-hk560-2.gif

Tandoor Indian Restaurant

1/F Lyndhurst Tower, 1 Lyndhurst Terrace
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2845 2262

Cuisine :
Indian Cuisine

Open :
Lunch: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: 6:00PM - 12:00 Midnight

http://www.dininginthailand.com/image4dining/jashan-hk562-2.gif

Jashan

Indian Restaurant
1st Fl. Amber Lodge,
23 Hollywood Road, Central
Tel: (852) 3105 5311

http://www.dininginthailand.com/image4dining/jojo-hk559-2.gif

JoJo
Indian Restaurants

Causeway Bay
2895 4522
Johnson Road, Wanchai

2527 3776
>Harcourt Road, Admiralty

Koh-I-Noor (Central)

103 California Entertainment Building
34 D'Aguilar Street
Lan Kwai Fong
Hong Kong
Tel 2877 9706
Fax 2868 9335

Koh-I-Noor (Tsim Sha Tsui)

1/F 3-4 Peninsula Mansion
16C Mody Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon
Tel 2368 3065
Fax 2366 0789

Woodlands

5-6, G/F Mirror Tower
61 Mody Road
TST East
Kowloon
Tel 2369 3718 / 2366 1945

Indian/South Asian restaurants

Afgan Canteen

3/F Wing Lok Building
14A Peking Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, (entrance in Lock Road)
Kowloon
Tel 2367 7489

Ashoka

57-59 Wyndham Street
Central
Tel 2524 9623

Balle Balle

27 Peel Street
Central
Tel. 2544 2191

Bombay Dreams

2/F Eastern Flower Center
22-24 Cameron Road
Tsimshatsui
Kowloon
Tel 2971 0009
Fax 2971 0015
2522 6209

i think enough info :think:
manager resurants poddhumaa :ee:

tsim tsha tsui...nathan road...kowloon... ku vaa angha thaan naan iruppein :wink:

===========================

difficult to find out this thread :oops: .......why not yet in sticky :Ksp:

Shy
10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Athu enna silix annakku , engalukku ellam illaiyaa :( :(

made it an announcement.. yenna athu thaanae mukiyam :ee:

Shy

ns80
10-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Fellow mates from the other side of the pond. How good is Sagar (http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3760.htm) in Hammersmith :think: chumma general knowledge valathukkarthukkaga dhaan ketten :P ;)

Shy
10-22-2005, 10:44 PM
antha sagar pathi enakku yethum theriyaathu

but ithu theriyum.. never go to sukh sagar in piscataway. no good :nono: :nono:

Shy

silican
10-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow Suha Kutty.. :clap:

You have posted good ones in Kowloon :ee: But can you also post authentic HongKong restaurants ? Not Indian ones. :)

Thanks chellam,

- Silix

silican
10-23-2005, 12:31 AM
New Mother India - Waltham MA : Think thrice before going !!!

I hate to do it but doing it. :(

Mother India used to be my fav restaurant when I visit Boston. I used to drive that iriirtating 35+ Miles to Waltham to eat Saag Paneer/ Navrathan Khorma with Butter Naan and Jeera rice. But last week, I got to see the other side of the restaurant. :( No I dont mean the backyard. :nono:

I ordered Paneer butter masala and Butter naan. Naan was totally crappy. You do a carbon dating, and see that it was quite 'ancient'. And the Jeera rice which comes with the curry was totally stale and yucky. Had to drive another 30 miles to Haveli in Cambridge, which was kind of ok, but definitely doesn't worth a review.

- Silix

suha
10-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Athu enna silix annakku , engalukku ellam illaiyaa :( :(

made it an announcement.. yenna athu thaanae mukiyam :ee:

Shy

acho cho manage en kita resturant ketahdu adhu thaan :ee:

but akka why you need resturant...suha home irukumbbodhu ahdu edhukkuu :think: :P

oops ...ippo manager sandai ku varrum akka ku maatu special aa sollii :Ksp:

manager unnaaku nannei samiahcu kodukruein :P .....adhu epadiyavadhu sapituthaan aggaanum :lol: verra vazhi ilaa :ee:

ok what kinda resturant u need seafood aa illa nee vandhu vegeterian achei :think:

Shy
10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
cho chweet..

chumma silican'ai vambhukku ilikalaamaenu thaan :ee:

Shy

yavoos
10-24-2005, 07:18 AM
pakkam pakkama sapadapathi padichittu, Kalyana veetla virundhu sapidamum pola irrukku. Mayabajar 'Kalyana Samayal Sadham Kai Karikalum pramadham andtha gowrava prasadam, idhuve enakku podhum' paattu than ninaivukku varuthu.

Best South Indian Food - Madras Saravana Bhavan (Sunnyvale, California, I guess)
Best North Indian Food - Bambay Garden (Fremont, California
Best Japanese Food - Todai (Shushi, the raw fish with wasabi ... Wow!. I can hear some eew!.)
Best American Fast Food - KFC, Domino's, Jack in the box.

Yennathan sonalum, yenoda samayal, aaha pramatham - kalyanathukku munadi. Ippallam Mookku mutta sapidrathu mattundhan, yennoda velai.

ns80
10-24-2005, 11:59 AM
manager unnaaku nannei samiahcu kodukruein .....adhu epadiyavadhu sapituthaan aggaanum

Boss, saptappuram manager usuroda irukkuma :think:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've even heard rave reviews about Singapore Komala's (to the extent that they opened a branch in CHennai). Newark - Singapore vazhiya India pona pasanga ellam 16 hour layover'la poyi nalla mooka pidikka vettitu vandhu sonnanga.

silican
10-24-2005, 09:57 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've even heard rave reviews about Singapore Komala's (to the extent that they opened a branch in CHennai). Newark - Singapore vazhiya India pona pasanga ellam 16 hour layover'la poyi nalla mooka pidikka vettitu vandhu sonnanga.

The One in T.Nagar is equally good I heard, but too crowded.

tinker
10-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Best North Indian Food - Bambay Garden (Fremont, California

Once these guys served needlegone pulav and when questioned was very rude... Never go to that place after that...

Have you tried eating at SpiceHut ( its my friend's place , so kind off marketing ;) )

I would go to copper chimney any day ahead of bombay garden...

Bhel poori at Wahjeewah is good too

Shy
10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
YEs Komala's is great food.. when I was in training was in singapore for a couple of months. appo mostly poven angae..

Vazhai ilaiyil.. starting from paruppu sadham to moor, ending with dessert.. 9 course meals angae :b: awesome.. nalla sapidalaam.. near by thaan mustafa.. so nalla shopping pannitu vanthu oru vetu vetalaam :)

Shy

ns80
10-25-2005, 03:43 AM
The One in T.Nagar is equally good I heard, but too crowded.

T.Nagar'la Komala's eppo vandhuchu :think:

silican
10-25-2005, 03:12 PM
T.Nagar'la Komala's eppo vandhuchu :think:

Last year sometime. My friend went there in May and gave me a review.

valluvan
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Hotchips Anna Nagar.....Apoorva's Sangeetha Nungampauk (Konjam costly thaan...oru sweet lime juice Rs.27 :00:...... 0.35 GBP :ee:)

Minnie
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
New Mother India - Waltham MA : Think thrice before going !!!

I hate to do it but doing it. :(

Mother India used to be my fav restaurant when I visit Boston. I used to drive that iriirtating 35+ Miles to Waltham to eat Saag Paneer/ Navrathan Khorma with Butter Naan and Jeera rice. But last week, I got to see the other side of the restaurant. :( No I dont mean the backyard. :nono:

I ordered Paneer butter masala and Butter naan. Naan was totally crappy. You do a carbon dating, and see that it was quite 'ancient'. And the Jeera rice which comes with the curry was totally stale and yucky. Had to drive another 30 miles to Haveli in Cambridge, which was kind of ok, but definitely doesn't worth a review.

- Silix

oiiiiiiiii silix,,,i think i gave you some good restuarant names,,,,since you came alone this time is ok,,,i leave you :ahha: ,,,,but if you happen to come with your vathal thothal friend dont take him to mother india..........plz :ahha:

ns80
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
yov manager, Qdoba'la enna nalla irukkum :think: we have a Qdoba opening near my home tommorow:D. mudha naale boney kudukkale'na namma kulathukke avamaanam illaya :ee: adhaan ketten :ee:
~~~~~
Can this thread be made as a sticky :think: It was an announcement few days back. thirumba kaanaama poodchu :Ksp:
~~~~~~
wow ippadiyum (http://chipotlelovers.com/default.asp) oru site'a :clap: :clap:

Shy
10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
done nana :b:

Shy

raghu
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
edisonla malgudinu oru resturaunt vandhuruku..has any one been there?

unique
10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
hmmmm gooood yummmmyyyyyyyyyyyy topic

let me share my saapadu experience.....Am just talking abt veg

staring frm india--chennai

all time favourite HSB---wat is not good there....ippo panagal park la onnu iruku there envirnmnt is also good.

Annalakshmi great food but pocketum perisa irukanam went once there b4 marriage with my hubby(wuld be tat time).

for chat hot chips....

in coimbatore ANNAPOORNA i think no one can beat tat taste in covai....correct me if am wrong

in bombay roadside la taan saapituruken but tat was good tooo.....

SINGAPORE:Komalas(one of my fav place),JAGGI S (superb punjabi restaurant)chappathi saapita anga taan saapidanam so soft. ANNALAKSHMI. aparam food courts la irukara kutti kutti shops. If u want VAAZHAI ILAI SAAPADU u can go to KOMALA VILAS.

PIZZA HUT pizza is really good in singapore. you ll find a lot of diff in the pizza in US n Singapore pizza hut. I liked Singapore pizza hut.

In THAILAND tere was a superb Indian restauran i don t remember the name.

BOSTON:Enaku terinju edhuvum nalla illai in Framingham but Shy mention pannirukaanga RASOI la nalla irundadu. Another restaurant also run by RASOI which is GOLDSTAR INDIAN RESTAURANT. i think now they have started quiet a few in framingham

THAI:TRry THAI ORCHID in Framingham boston it is really good.
PIZZA:BERTUCCIS brick oven pizza is the best.
OLIVE GARDEN no doubt my fav MINESTRONE SOUP,PASTA PRIMEVERA

NEWJERSY:Bridgewater temple food is awesome,aparam ISELIN road la SUKADIA sweets taan saapituruken innum rendu moonu restaurant saapituruken but name nyabagam illai.

NEWYORK:UTSAV in Manhattan but costly place(pinna Manhattan la irukuna summava).
Queens:Near pillayar temple there is a place i blve it is Dosa something that is also good.
JACKSON HEIGHTS:There is restaurant called Delhi restaurant i had masala dosa there it was awesome.

I ll add more later on.

Minnie
10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
For silix & for Vathal ----------

In boston -------

Quincy ----- Punjab cafe ( good,spicy and not expensive )
Needham ------- Masala art ( more than good ( esp NV ) but expensive )
Framingham ------------ South Indian Masala ( pure veg,good and not expensive )
One they have started near Chemlsford,,,,we get all the varieties like masala vada with idly and other stuffs,,,heard its very good,,but havent tried it so far.....

unique
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
manager unnaaku nannei samiahcu kodukruein .....adhu epadiyavadhu sapituthaan aggaanum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kOMALAs chennai la PARSN COMPLEX pakkam iruku(a few mnts walk frm parsn complex

tinker
10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
For silix & for Vathal ----------
One they have started near Chemlsford,,,,we get all the varieties like masala vada with idly and other stuffs,,,heard its very good,,but havent tried it so far.....

I think you are talking about MASALA .. it was too good when they started , but the taste has gone down since

there is a indian foo place in the food court in Burlington mall and that is good too....

the food at bombay club is good though a bit expensive...

Minnie
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
no tinker,,,,masaala is in billerica,,,,now its not that good as before since the chef have moved to the south india masala framingham.....this one is new started end of last yr i guess

tinker
10-31-2005, 07:33 PM
no tinker,,,,masaala is in billerica,,,,now its not that good as before since the chef have moved to the south india masala framingham.....this one is new started end of last yr i guess

yes, you are correct its Billerica :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Have you tried the pauv bhaji at tandoori grill in Lowell ? it will be really good ...

unique
10-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Singapore boat quay la i tried fried rice in one thai restaurant it was really awesome......

there is also a restaurant called NIRVAN near tekka market there envirnmnt is good rombadim lights with candle light superba irundadu.

KFC potato veggies r great......DENNY S fries r good......TACO BELL veggie salad is good but aduve vaiyiru rombidum(for me i don t knw abt others)

BLOOMINGTON-INDIANA there is a chinese restaurant named GREATWALL anga boufet is good. mathapadi anga enda indian restaurantum nalla illai.

Anga oru ethiopian restaurant irukku ennaku name teriyaadu my hubby said it is good.

coolian
10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
there is also a restaurant called NIRVAN near tekka market there envirnmnt is good rombadim lights with candle light superba irundadu.
It's "Nirvana". Excellent place, fabulous food. Nothing beat Komalas though.

unique
10-31-2005, 08:20 PM
.. they dont have dosas and all..

akka...atlanta hindu kovil'la dosai'um pannuvaanga :D. i dint try though. i don't know whether they have it everyday. i saw it when i went on fine sunday morning.

actual'a NJ'la edho oru famous south indian restaurant kelvi patturukken. but name seriya nyabagam illa. its not dosa express though. do u remember any famous names.

புளியோதரைன ்னா.... பெருமாள் கோவில் புளியோதரை தான்...

PK adhennamo right dhaan....innum onnu vitteengale...adhukkappuram oru round thayir saadhathoda mudicha dhaane oru completion'ke varum.

All சாப்பாட்டு ராமன்ஸ்

neenga sonnaalum sollaataalum inga irukkuravanga ellorum saapaaturaamans/saapaaturaamis dhaan :ee:

Atlanta kovil la dosai hmmmm....strange cos 2yrs naan ange irundhen every weekend we used to goto the temple every weekend,but iduvaraikum anga dosaiya naan paarthadhe illai :think: . Upma paarthuruken......

unique
10-31-2005, 08:23 PM
It's "Nirvana". Excellent place, fabulous food. Nothing beat Komalas though.

sorry i got the name wrong it is Diva restaurant in albert street serangoon

ns80
11-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Atlanta kovil la dosai hmmmm....strange cos 2yrs naan ange irundhen every weekend we used to goto the temple every weekend,but iduvaraikum anga dosaiya naan paarthadhe illai

unique, this happened that particular day alone (Jan,1 2005). I have'nt seen them serving dosa on any other day. Actually was surprising to see dosa served in temple canteen.
~~~~~~~
I made it to Qdoba on day one :ee: tried the grilled vegetable burrito, din't find a big difference from that of Moe's, anyways was worth the money spent was quite filling as well.

unique
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
BOMBAY STYLE CHINESE CUISINE: TRY HOT WOK VILLAGE,there r two branches in the US in Chicago and another in Atlanta. It is really superb,u get to choose ur sauce type also u can choose ur spicy level....topmost level is fire. If u go there don t forget to try MASALA SODA(JALJEERA). though they have veg n non veg unlike other chinese restaurants u don t get the oil smell or taste.

Spring rolls(veg) is tasty also hot b sour soup is good. also try chilli potato .....yummmmmmyyyy n hot(spicy).

Indian food in chicago: There r lots in chicago but am just talking abt 1 city now schaumburgh

Dakshin is ok they have varieties,n my hubby told tat n mondays they have everything fried(chinese style)it seems

Minnie
11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
unique,,,are you talking abt dakshin in boston or chicago.......

unique
11-03-2005, 12:17 AM
chicago taan

unique
11-03-2005, 12:50 AM
hot chilli onion uthapam n samosa was good in MYSORE WOODLANDS-DEVON AVE CHICAGO

Aparam AURORA TEMPLE n LEEMONT TEMPLE ku vaanga super saapadu kidaikum

silican
11-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Unique,
Mysore Woodlands'la Family roast'nu oru item irukkum. Full Table sizeku varum. Dont miss it.

And also in Schaumburg, I heard that there is one Authentic Kerala Cuisine. Never had a chance to visit though :(

talking290
11-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Hey ppl is anyone frm pondicherry in here?....

in pondy i think the best place is aristo for non veg and jayaram for veg

silican
11-06-2005, 04:52 AM

Aristo . Wow :P Amazing place. Thanks for reminding. Anga Ghee rice is just awesome.

Where is Jayaram :think: Near Mass ?

talking290
11-06-2005, 05:33 AM

Aristo . Wow :P Amazing place. Thanks for reminding. Anga Ghee rice is just awesome.

Where is Jayaram :think: Near Mass ?

no not near mass...but in front of jeeva theatre...r u frm pondy silican

silican
11-06-2005, 02:45 PM
no not near mass...but in front of jeeva theatre...r u frm pondy silican

No. Close to pondy. :)

ns80
11-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Cafe of India

Originally planned to have food at Quiznos, just to find out they close at 8 (I went inside at 745 :-s). So thought, I'd goto the only Indian restaurant in town just a block away.

That was the stupidest thing I did, It was the worst buffet I've had in all 4 years in US. Naan was totally burnt out, channa masala was tasteless, gulab jamun was hard as a stone, samosa and pakora was cold. The only thing that was acceptable was the mango lassi, which I ordered extra. I believe mango lassi is available in readymade form too in 1 gallon cans (never saw it in store, but happened to note in one of the Minerva Cuisines in DC). I don' t believe 3 samosas, couple of pakoras, 2 naans, 1 gulab jamun and a mango lassi will fill a sapaaturaman stomach like mine, baking soda seems to be the primary ingridient here.

On the whole, it was an absolute was of investment (12 bucks), the 'mess' style Indian eateries at Southwest Fwy-Hillcroft intersection were far better than this for half the price.

These guys are the only Indian cuisine in a 70 mile radius and probably the only one in WV state. Unless there is a competition for this, I don't sense any improvement. If you ever drop by this village, don't eat at this place.

Spotted this place called Pita Pit (http://www.pitapit.com/) on the way back, how good is it? anything for vegetarians?

Crossposted here (http://ranganathanstreet.blogspot.com/2005/11/cafe-of-india.html)

PS: I never knew until now HTML code works in BB too :Ksp: