PDA

View Full Version : Teenager dumped by Chat room girl friend

prasan8181
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Prologue: I found this somewhere on the net. And then I remembered one post by someone called Imayawanan here. And if I think about it, it happens to almost everyone who uses the internet. Only that some people take it too much to the heart. I dont know. Ah, the internet.

CYBERSPACE-- Joey Passmore is alone. The 14-year-old Internet enthusiast recently lost his cyber-girlfriend and computer soul mate, LUV_U2, and he's not sure how to deal with the confusing new emotions that have begun to stir inside him.
chat room girlfriend
Joey Passmore feels confused after an Internet romance recently ended with LUV_U2 (inset).

"I don't understand," moped Joey. "I gave her my love, my devotion, and the IP's of some private FTP sites."

Joey had never met LUV_U2 in Real Life™. They met online almost two months ago, but were committed to each other after only a few short chat sessions over a two-week period.

"Something clicked right from the start," said Joey. "I admit, I found her choice of avatar sexually attractive, but there's more to her than just that. I would show up in the #lookN4love chat room on Undernet, and we would share the time together, while we did homework, watched 'Mad About You' repeats, and played PopCap games over the Net."

"I thought we had something special," continued Joey. "I would send her e-cards, and links to special poems that were written for people like us. I even photoshopped our avatars together on a Martian landscape--way romantic. But then that one evening, she came into the IRC channel and was really quiet. I knew something was wrong."

Joey has been unable to talk about his break-up with family members and has even considered selling his computer and joining the school volleyball team, just to get away from the intense emotional pain. At fourteen, break-ups are awkward to deal with. This was Joey's first romance and he believes his few friends at school would only laugh at him if he mentioned it to any of them.

"Those guys at school would only want to know how far I got, like did she send pictures of her ****, or something like that," said an angry Joey. "They wouldn't understand it was so much more than that."

His only source of closure has been a couple of Internet love forums that he has bookmarked on his web browser.

"I posted a message on a message board for heartbroken individuals who were recently dumped," said Joey, sobbing quietly. "But the only response was from some joker who asked how I knew it wasn't a man I was dating. How cruel can you get?"

"We were at that stage in our relationship where we were almost ready to exchange ICQ numbers, a huge leap in commitment," said Joey, wiping his nose. "Someday I had hoped we could swap actual snail-mail addresses, maybe even a photo, and then, who knows after that? I guess she got scared. I don't understand."

Joey isn't sure he can trust cyberwomen anymore, and is afraid to reveal his true self online to another. He may find escape by interacting only with girls he knows from school, church, and his neighbourhood. But that would mean meeting them and Joey isn't ready for social encounters yet.

"I may never be able to cyberdate again," cried Joey. "I've been hurt once, and now I may never be able to use that same alias again."

Joey almost deleted the chat logs he had with LUV_U2 in a fit of anger. "I was hurt, and I wanted to hurt. But now, those lines of text are the only thing I have left to cherish," said Joey. "The smilicons we shared were special, but now I may never smilicon again."

silican
02-28-2005, 06:32 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

- Silix :snooty:

PS: Why am I reading all such news about misguided youngsters, today . :doh:

Bluelotus
02-28-2005, 06:37 PM
:00: :lol: :00: :lol: :00: :lol: :00:

not quite sure which smiley anymore :ee:

sheesh...Joey matey....go play volleyball :Ksp:

Silican,

misguided youngsters have always existed...since the dawn of time...cyber-age brings nothing new to the equation :wink:

blue.

ns80
02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
well, i see some motive here....

I gave her my love, my devotion, and the IP's of some private FTP sites.

hope that dude understands that and moves on with his life.

Shy
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
kashtam :doh:

Valkaila.. marriage panitu divorce panraanga, neera parthutu love panni vitutu pooraanga.. in the first place.. cyberla eppadi evaloo involveda iruka mudiyum? just maranthutu as narayanan says, move on with life thaan :)

Shy

rsivaraman
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
"We were at that stage in our relationship where we were almost ready to exchange ICQ numbers, a huge leap in commitment,"
serriana leap thaan ponnga
:doh: :00: :doh: :00: :doh: :00:
what a wierd article.

-Siva

Shy
02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
exactly... antha paiyan vasu partheengala 14, rendaanketa vayasu.. evan big leap in commitmentaam.. :doh:

Shy

ashokcsn_2000
02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Ithellam enna sollarathunnu theriyalai.... :doh:

Namma imayavanan thaan innoru post pottu irukaarunnu nnenaichen... aana avar illai... guess there are too many broken hearts out there.... Aana ivan ennamo internet credit card fraud kanakka romba thaan feel panni ezhuthi irukkan... :?

goodcomplanboy
02-28-2005, 07:23 PM
:sm12: seriously guys, this should be in the Jokes section :sm12:

yogesh220
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
எத்தனை விதங்களில் மனிதர்கள்... ..
எத்தனை நிறங்களில் மனிதர்கள்... ..

ம்ம்ம்ம்ம் .....என்னத்த சொல்ல....

suvitha
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
terrible!
the best thing would be to forbid the kids to use the internet. they should only get access to online lexicons and other sites they need for school.

dinesh
03-01-2005, 12:44 AM
What a loser.....Get a life dude :sm12:
Swapping ICQ numbers indeed..... :sm12:

coolian
03-01-2005, 12:48 AM
This one's hilarious....but sadly, kids DO get into this kinda thing...really messed up. Forbidding them from using the Internet is not at all a good solution. The parents of the kid have to monitor the kid's online activity, that's all!

Shy
03-01-2005, 01:12 AM
What is this ICQ number??

Shy

jaggy4u
03-01-2005, 01:22 AM
:lol: :lol: poor kid...

read in fortune magazine today that www.imaginarygirlfriends.com, allows you to choose from an array of real girls for 45$. Stop. Real girls send flirty e-mails, mail hand written letters, chat online, and even loving voicemail messages for 2 months.

This will all go on till guys stop having the thrill of having a girlfriend... :wink:

rsivaraman
03-01-2005, 01:33 AM
What is this ICQ number??

Shy

shy akka, ICQ basically means "I Seek You". It is the second biggest messaging service in the US after AOL. when you sign up in ICQ we get a number alloted for us, which is similar to the username in yahoo and msn.
for full details about icq you can use thier official website. here is the link www.icq.com
:D :D
-Siva

vasan
03-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Sad kid.. :( :(

Gotta get some actual friends to hang out with, and play sports and not get hooked on internet.. :doh:

Bleu said it right... Go play volleyball... :b: Beach volleyball.. :wink:

v-

jaggy4u
03-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Go play volleyball... :b: Beach volleyball.. :wink:

v-

Beach volleyball :sm11:

Any pictures you have vasan thathaa that teaches how to play this :ahha:

vasan
03-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Any pictures you have vasan thathaa that teaches how to play this

first inthaa theory ellaam padichittu vaango.. appuram practicals.. :ee:

http://www.volleyball.org/general/index.html

v-

Shy
03-01-2005, 01:52 AM
kashtam :lol: :lol: volleyballkku theory and then practicals..

Thanks siva, yahoo msn mathiri thaana, yaethoo SSN, bank account no exchange mathiri solraan ithukku poi :doh:

Shy

Bluelotus
03-01-2005, 05:58 AM
:think:

Actually I was thinking about this....and I felt sooooooooooo mean
I mean the por child just had his first heart break, we should be sympathetic, even if it is with an imaginary girlfriend that he has never held hands with or kissed
I mean imagine he has never kissed the girl on the cheek and they were potentially going out :00: :00: :00:
sad world man :doh:

blue.

PS: but I can't stop laughing :sm12: :oops:

coolian
03-01-2005, 06:06 AM
"Cor!" Blue, you sadist!!! I swear I can hear peals of laughter from across the Atlantic!

dinesh
03-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Go play volleyball... Beach volleyball..
I thought you were supposed to watch beach volleyball.....not play it :00:

:P

coolian
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
if (Women_Playing_BeachVolleyb all == true)
Watch_Game ( );
else
Go_To_Sleep ( );

dinesh
03-01-2005, 11:30 PM
public Drool Watch_Game()
{
private int droolMeter = 0;

for(int i=0; i<3; i++)
{
droolMeter = droolMeter + Players[i].calculateDroolLevel();
}