PDA

View Full Version : NBA -celtics 104 lakers 101 - lakers on loosing streak

amurugan
03-03-2005, 03:39 PM
lakers are on a loosing streak . no good .

Shy
03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Kobe paavam, but even if they loose to james its fine, but somehoe i hate celtics.. :(

Shy

rsivaraman
03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I hate the lakers. my favorites are always the spurs. Don't know why everyone is real crazy about the lakers :think: :think:

-Siva

vasan
03-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Murugan,

Most people in Geetham do follow some news magazine or website. So, please, if its from AP/Reuters/CNN/BBC/etc do not post. You could post news stuff from these places provided that material is meant for a discussion/or starting point of a conversation. :b:

rr.. One single line saying lakers are on a loosing streak is not contributing anythign to any sort of discussion and every one knows about it. What would be the point? :Ksp:

Also, for each of NBA/MLB/Soccer and other sports there is a special discussion thread. So, if you are just commenting on how lousy the lakers been, you could just add a post in those threads, instead of opening a new thread altogether. Such things do not make an interesting forum. (Will give you an example: There were 10 NBA games. Say every one of them is posted as a separate topic, with just a single line commentary such as Minnie looses to Golden State, Sacramento struggles against Orlando etc, do you thing it will benefit any one? If you wanna write and make a commentary - make it a healthy one.. !)..

Please do not think that I am picking on you. Just wanted to write and let you know what would be a nice netiquette at Geetham. Hope you understand.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm and participation. :sm08:

Lakers do really suck :evil: . Tad better than 0.5 and fortunately 1 game better than Minnie.. :P

Vasan

ps: Most posts that contain plain scores and one or twoline commentaries will be removed. Please do post here and let me know.. :P :P

ps2: Similar comments but rightly translated to movie gossip too. You could couple ten of them into a single post - and make it more worthwhile.. :D

Shy
03-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I hate the lakers. my favorites are always the spurs. Don't know why everyone is real crazy about the lakers :think: :think:

-Siva

For me its not lakers siva, its all kobe :sm05: :sm11: :sm05: :sm11:

Till last year they were awesome, now its just like an one man army.... appo appo some guy from bench plays great, but thats it, nothing consistent, the only thing that is kobe ;) Wish he comes to NY or NJ :ee:

Shy

rsivaraman
03-03-2005, 06:13 PM

akka, ennaku kobeoda, wifea rombha puddikum, ennama irrupanga :ee: :ee:.
addhu enn ella sportstarsku mattum ivvalavu suprea ponnunga kaddikarangalo :( :think: :think:
-Siva

amurugan
03-03-2005, 08:01 PM
[quote="vasan"]Murugan,

Most people in Geetham do follow some news magazine or website. So, please, if its from AP/Reuters/CNN/BBC/etc do not post. You could post news stuff from these places provided that material is meant for a discussion/or starting point of a conversation. :b:

rr.. One single line saying lakers are on a loosing streak is not contributing anythign to any sort of discussion and every one knows about it. What would be the point? :Ksp:

"

That was just the sports news that i had mentioned to trigger the discussion . Not all the news from this board is authentic and they r taken from other sources too that are read by people . Message boards r for people to share what they have and know . Everyone knows abt something and not everything .Your statements r so offending

Regrets
Murugan :cry:

amurugan
03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
vasan do u mean to say there shouldnt be any flash news . coz flash news and breaking news are always news headlines .

vasan
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
That was just the sports news that i had mentioned to trigger the discussion . Not all the news from this board is authentic and they r taken from other sources too that are read by people . Message boards r for people to share what they have and know . Everyone knows abt something and not everything .Your statements r so offending

Regrets
Murugan

Murugan,

I am sorry you find my comments to be offensive. I don't meant o sound patronizing or offensive. Just wanted to point out the best use of forum. :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Message boards are for people to discuss whatever the people's interests are and what they know. Totally agreed. But its not nice to open a separate topic every time there is a game on. For example, Lakers have 82 games a season (regular season), and so do the remaining 31 teams. Thats ony in NBA. Imagine opening individual posts for each of them and writing few lines.. Now that would NOT contribute to any sort of discussion and generate a conversation. Self defeating don't you think? :ee:

We have a NBA Cafe in Sports section, you could have posted each game in that single thread and continued discussions. It would help keep the forum clean as well as interesting. All those interested in NBA would go to that thread and participate. Same story for other sports too.

Just to clarify two more examples, Sania Mirza won against US Open champion, couple of days back. Now, thats a flash news. And would generate conversation - making india proud etc.. Another 60 year old man, flew solo around the world non-stop, and its a flash news in forum. Its a lead story everywhere - but its interesting to discuss that, so its a good thread.. Tons of flash news related to sports... Kobe settlement is a flash news. Any trade is a flash news. One game, in a season of 82, of a team in a group of 32, is not really headlines - and do not warrant a single thread.. Thats all.. :D

rr.. forgive me for the 'lecture' - but I do hope you would see what I am trying to say.

I do enjoy your posts - and read most of them (being an NBA fan and all that, we do share quite a lot of common things.. :P ).. Only wish you would not take it wrongly and feel offended, but participate in threads and enjoy your conversations.

Vasan

amurugan
03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
No regrets . they dont work between friends . I know that i have posted this topic in the wrong section . sorry abt that. i also know the space crunch for the single line messages . Your suggestion is taken boss . No more onliners hereafter . Can you please put a sticky note abt not posting oneliners across all sub boards explaining how it hogs the system occupying more storage .

Thanks

vasan
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Can you please put a sticky note abt not posting oneliners across all sub boards explaining how it hogs the system occupying more storage .

Thanks

:b: :b:

Thanks for understanding, Murugan. :sm08:

I think a similar post (on posting news etc) exist some thread (on flash news section/ a sticky).. :P :P Tough to dig it out though.. :P

Anyways, happy posting.. :P :P

Have fun,

Vasan

Shy
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM

addhu enn ella sportstarsku mattum ivvalavu suprea ponnunga kaddikarangalo :( :think: :think:
-Siva

athaanae parthaen.. eppadi avalai vitu vaipeenga neenga ellam :doh: :doh: :lol: :lol:

Onnu pannunga, oru nalla teamla join pannunga, bayarea'la supera 2-3 bungalow vangunga, appuram thanni mathiri kaasu silavu pannunga(dinesh, silican mathiri dont frown when u spend money ;) )then super celebrity aagunga.. before u know, unga pinna oru beauty queue'vae irukkum ;)

sorry ladies am just being practical.... intha mathiri celebrities kula I wont accept that not many have that love match, but just money, luxury and all that materalistic lust :(

Sorry for the side track amurugan :) Thanks a lot for understanding.. hope to see you more in the discussion topics :)

Shy

rsivaraman
03-03-2005, 10:18 PM

-Siva

athaanae parthaen.. eppadi avalai vitu vaipeenga neenga ellam :doh: :doh: :lol: :lol:

Onnu pannunga, oru nalla teamla join pannunga, bayarea'la supera 2-3 bungalow vangunga, appuram thanni mathiri kaasu silavu pannunga(dinesh, silican mathiri dont frown when u spend money ;) )then super celebrity aagunga.. before u know, unga pinna oru beauty queue'vae irukkum ;)

sorry ladies am just being practical.... intha mathiri celebrities kula I wont accept that not many have that love match, but just money, luxury and all that materalistic lust :(

Sorry for the side track amurugan :) Thanks a lot for understanding.. hope to see you more in the discussion topics :)

Shyneenga sonnadha yossichu patthen. enntha sportla pollamnu patthen,
basketball-rejected
reason: escalator vecchi thaan basket kitta ennala pooga muddium
NFL-rejected
reason:ennga amma chutney nallave pannuvanga; I dont want to become one.
Baseball- I dont consider it as a sport.
Golf-Rejected
Reason: cara ozhunga drive panna varradhu, golf club enntha muulaiku

ennaku best profession software engineer thaan: no exercise :ee: :ee:. itthuku enna kaddikutho addhuve pottthum :(

_Siva

Shy
03-03-2005, 10:40 PM
neenga sonnadha yossichu patthen. enntha sportla pollamnu patthen,
basketball-rejected
reason: escalator vecchi thaan basket kitta ennala pooga muddium
NFL-rejected
reason:ennga amma chutney nallave pannuvanga; I dont want to become one.
Golf-Rejected
Reason: cara ozhunga drive panna varradhu, golf club enntha muulaiku

ennaku best profession software engineer thaan: no exercise :ee: :ee:. itthuku enna kaddikutho addhuve pottthum :(
_Siva

Now thats the spirit :b: Yethukku intha jigina ponnunga, supera homely girls irukaanga back home :P

Shy

vasan
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

Some one forgot to tell that to those pyts in NY...
There seems to be a huge queue behind Derek ... :ahha:

v-

Shy
03-04-2005, 12:41 AM

v-

Of course it will be, even if hes a koligundu player ;)

Shy

vennai1
03-04-2005, 02:32 AM

v-

What are you kiddin me ... siva anne ?! :?
probably you never spent enuf time to appreciate it in the first place
and smelly you seconding that claim..yikkes ! :oops:

baseball tops...far better than NFL or NHL or PGAs...
if only you give its share of time ;)

vasan
03-04-2005, 02:41 AM
and smelly you seconding that claim..yikkes !

Vennai anne,

I don't second that claim.. I am asking Siva should inform those pyts... (that is to say every one, including those pretty girls of NYC, but except Siva, think that Baseball is great)..

I am already heartbroken with Beltre moving to Mariners... :( :( :( Don't accuse me of things I didn't say.. .:Ksp:

Baseball is cool. Even more so when you go to the park.. :P :P (tix are darn cheap too.. :P :P)..

Dodgers made it to playoffs last year - this year?? :think: Seems like the Boston curse is now on LA - even the silly lakers are loosing to Celts.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

v-

vennai1
03-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Dodgers made it to playoffs last year - this year??

ah well... smelly be happy you are a fan of the dodgers and not the tigers ...
(unlike a few less fortunate souls :?)

rsivaraman
03-04-2005, 03:02 AM
anne, might be the reason for me not liking baseball is that my school is a football fanatic one and all i have enjoyed during my 2 years there is all about football. I find baseball a little too slow. basketball and Football are the two things that I wouldn't mind watching anyday. :D :D

-Siva