PDA

View Full Version : ~Kannadipookal- Review~

vijitha
03-21-2005, 04:04 PM
After long time, I really enjoyed watching a decent family movie.. thought should share with you guys.. no i didn't cry :oops:

http://sifyimg.speedera.net/sify.com/cmsimages/Entertainment/Movies/Tamil/13672283_kannadipookal340.jpg

Review:

By Moviebuzz

Shahjahan is a gutsy director who does not mind swimming against the tide. When other people take crass comedy Malayalam commercial films for remake, Shahjahan has taken a bold decision to do Ente Veedu Apoonteyum, which is original and totally different from the run of the mill movies. It is a steamy tearjerker that leaves a lump in your throat. Quite clearly it is Master Ashwin Thambi is the prime star of the show, and steals the thunder with an author-backed role.
Sakthivel (Parthipan) family is picture perfect with wife Meera (Kaveri) and son Vasudev (Master Ashwin). Meera dotes on her son, though we come to know later that she is Vasu’s stepmother. But Vasu and Meera share an unusual bond and they are the best of friends. When Meera gives birth to a son, Vasu is the happiest and he names him Appu. But slowly Vasu feels that Appu is getting all the attention and he becomes neglected and craves for attention.

One day in one of his worst moods he sprays pesticide meant for gardening on little Appu so that he gets sick. But the baby dies immediately leaving the whole family in a state of shock and despair. Vasu cannot get out of the shock, and confesses to his mother about the incident. The parents realize that it was an accident and pardons him. But when the post mortem reports confirm the death as un-natural, a shrewd and sadist police officer (Raj Kapoor) investigates and takes Vasu into custody. He is taken for trial and sentenced to imprisonment in the Juvenile home. The parents are helpless, while Vasu goes through hell inside the jail. The climax of the film is the highlight, which has to be seen in the theatre to be enjoyed.

The director is sincere and unfaultable in terms of technique as he is ably assisted by the camera of Arthur.A.Wilson and the background score and music by S.A.Rajkumar. Master Ashwin in the role of Vasu the nine-year old is extra ordinary and he dominates the film with effortless ease. Kaveri is a revelation as Vasu’s mother and she is very natural without any make-up and is sincerity personified. Parthipan has underplayed his character giving more room for Ashwin to show his acting calibre. Among the supporting cast Sarath Babu as the psychiatrist and Pyramid Natarajan as Meera’s father is good. The film comes as a whiff of fresh air but don’t forget to take two handkerchiefs!

Sify

raghu
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
even i read the reviews...............i have seen it in malayalam.it was very good, hope its taken well in tamil also.

anitam
03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Can't wait to see this movie. Thanks for the review vijitha.