PDA

View Full Version : Login problem..

vasan
03-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Ooops.. :( :(

Could not login from my computer. It does not even open www.geetham.net. (Both IE and firefox are giving the same error note.. )

You are not authorised to ... etc.

Any ideas, people? :pray:

Vasan

ps: There is nothing wrong with my id or anything else. I am able to login from other computers. Only my own pc gives this message. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a bunch :sm08:

bharanishan
03-30-2005, 02:24 AM
Vasan...

No idea...

but today when i went into some post i found the webpage asking me for tamilmoviebase username and password...

thatz the problem that i faced today.....

Teena
03-30-2005, 02:34 AM
vasan.........yennaku vandha problem madri ye ungalukumaaaaaa :? .........I hope somebody will soon peep in and help u.

silican
03-30-2005, 03:00 AM
today when i went into some post i found the webpage asking me for tamilmoviebase username and password...

Thats becos of Sweetmiche. Her avtar has an image from tamilmoviebase. So in any thread if u find her post, u will het that login prompt. I have PMed her. So lets wait for her to change her avtar.

- Silix

madhu_aish1
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
sivam akkov ...

howd'ya solve it ... it might help vasan....

coolian
03-30-2005, 03:03 AM
:D That's a nice way to "hijack" a thread :lol: ...

vasan
03-30-2005, 03:15 AM
I think it went off on its own, for Doc. :( :(

Anonymyzer tools works.. But its too darn slow.. :( :(

Ideas are still welcome.. :P :P

Vasan

ps: Balakku pm-poda poren..

tinker
03-30-2005, 03:21 AM
V

Pbbly just try to do a windows update , run ad aware and clear all the stuff that it finds. Also , did you reboot your machine after you have this problem :-) .

sincerely trying to help
-Tinker

PS: I am trying sign your way :-)

Shy
03-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Vasan, I will PM bala too..but oru quick thought.. other websites are working , except for geetham may be something is registry :think: :think: these errors u getting does it come from MYSQL ? ellaina its not from geethama irukalaam.. may be u want to clean ur registry and give it a try? just a thought.. Appuram IEla matum thaan problema ellai in all browsers?yena, Wild thought ippo, re-install IE :ee:

Shy

vasan
03-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Ad-aware - done that.. :b:

Windows update.. - Done that too

Firefox - installed it for the first time, and that too has the same problem.

Don't know where those errors come from, Shy. If its from MYSQL (and from Geetham's registers, then probably bala only can check). I will check with the registries in my computer and see, though, if adaware has not picked it, I am not sure how I will find it..

Not sure if reinstallin IE is going to help. Since new installation of Fire fox didn't.. :oops: ..

rr.. any more ideas, nice folks.. :P :P

v-

ps: Tinker.. you are getting there.. But until you sign T- you have not really reached it.. :P :P

coolian
03-30-2005, 03:38 AM
Jokes aside - Vasan, what's the error message, verbatim? Googlin' it might help you, since I'm sure there are some guys out there who would have experienced the same problem.

ashokcsn_2000
03-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Vasan...

clerar ur cookies... Firefox could be a problem if u imported thesetting from IE while installing...

vasan
03-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Cookies ellam clear panniyaachu. Whole temp-ie folder is cleaned up. Rebooted as well.

Not working.

The handler at the top of the browser reads: 403. Forbidden

and the page reads:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.geetham.net Port 80

Like I said before anonymizer works from my pc. (but the free thing is only for some time, and the bandwidth expired!) So, I am stealing 'pc time' from my friends m/c..

Anyways.. let me check with a newer version of ad-aware and see.. and try the firefox thingy once again. I think I imported the settings (thinking its only my fav folder that its importing.. )..

let me see..

thanks for all the help people.. :sm03:

v-

Priyanka
03-30-2005, 05:15 AM
today when i went into some post i found the webpage asking me for tamilmoviebase username and password...

Thats becos of Sweetmiche. Her avtar has an image from tamilmoviebase. So in any thread if u find her post, u will het that login prompt. I have PMed her. So lets wait for her to change her avtar.

- Silix

I don't think so Silican. For the past one year she is having the same avatar. But indha problem vandhadhe illai. I don't know about others. But I am facing this problem only for the past two days. :Ksp:

katteri
03-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Vasan i had faced the same problem long back and have asked sri and shy to check whether my IP was banned..

They said no...and then i resetted the websettings it worked out...Even teena faced simliar problem..

silican
03-30-2005, 02:28 PM
don't think so Silican. For the past one year she is having the same avatar. But indha problem vandhadhe illai. I don't know about others. But I am facing this problem only for the past two days.

YOu dont think so ?? Now u shd start thinking so. :ee: Now she has changed the location of the avtar and so everything is in place. True that she had that avtar for a long time. But looks like Tamilmovie Boss has decided to add an anti-leach code to their pages so that people dont hot-link their stuff anymore.

And Vasan,
Cleaning up your registry or reinstalling IE/Firefox wouldnt help as the problem is with ur IP Address. You would have to work around it untill Geetham Server Cache is cleared.

I think this should take care of creating a Proxy IP to enable access. - iPalt (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ipalt.html)

- Silix

anainar
03-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Vasan,

If it is IP problem, try using dialup. You get dynamic IP and it might help you narrow down the cause.

I am out of ideas. :cry: :cry: as what ever stuff I would have told, you have done already.

Cheers

butterfly
03-30-2005, 03:39 PM
The handler at the top of the browser reads: 403. Forbidden

and the page reads:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.geetham.net Port 80

Anna,
exactly wat i got yesterday...was trying to reply for ns's post & when I clicked submit this is wat I got...tried logging for 2 hrs it didnt let me...appuram ippo than try panen.

so the problem is not just with vasan anna & Teena.

vasan
03-30-2005, 07:01 PM
so the problem is not just with vasan anna & Teena.

rr.. I hope not.. :Ksp: I thought Vasan and Teena are really nice people.. :P :P :P

Chummaa chumaaa kiddind pattampoochi.. :sm03: :sm03:

I think the Geetham Cache was cleared or reset or whatever last night. and I can login straight from my computer.. woo hooo..

Thanks for all the suggestions people. :sm08: You are all so adorable :P :P

Silix: Thanks for iPalt. I will keep that in my fav. just in case.. :sm03: I tried some shadowbrowser and it helped for a while until the bandwidth expired. So it would be handy to have one.. :sm08:

அது என்னவோ தெரியல, என்ன மாயமோ புரியல,
பட்டம்பூச் சி போஸ்ட் போட்டாங்க, ப்ராப்ளம் காணாம போச்சுங்க... :sm03: :sm03:

Vasan

ps: I am not sure if any other person might face this problem again. If the mod of students life (Ash?!) thinks it might be useful to keep it as an experience, please keep the thread. If you think its purpose is served, please do junk it. Thanks, Mod ! :sm08:

ns80
03-30-2005, 07:37 PM
I dont know how much this is gonna help...i got this link when i was searching for the error Vasan mentioned.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=275239

scroll down to Grasshopper's post(2nd from top) and Matt-Sama's post(4th from top) seemed quite relevant. but seriously dont have an idea what he meant though :?

butterfly
03-30-2005, 07:53 PM
rr.. I hope not.. I thought Vasan and Teena are really nice people..

Ofcourse u both are :)

அது என்னவோ தெரியல, என்ன மாயமோ புரியல,
பட்டம்பூச் சி போஸ்ட் போட்டாங்க, ப்ராப்ளம் காணாம போச்சுங்க...

Probably our angel got us thru :)

I dont know how much this is gonna help...i got this link when i was searching for the error Vasan mentioned.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=275239

scroll down to Grasshopper's post(2nd from top) and Matt-Sama's post(4th from top) seemed quite relevant. but seriously dont have an idea what he meant though

Thanks for the search ns :b: ...hopefully someone might be able to understand :)

sri_gan
03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Vasan eakku ellam appidi error varalaiye pa.

vasan
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Vasan eakku ellam appidi error varalaiye pa.

:b: :b:

Read some stuff on the web.. Looks like its some problem with Cache on the server. And it gets resolved when its reset or rebooted.. :P So no problemo.. :P

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290989

Thanks, guys :sm03:

v-

Shy
03-31-2005, 06:16 PM
It works now.. That great :sm08: :sm08:

Shy