PDA

View Full Version : Azureus

prasadvrg
04-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Dear Technical skilled members,

I have recently downloaded Azureus 2.2.0.2.

The downloads by torrents are alright. sometimes thesmiley face is yellow and says that there is a NAT problem...................so, What is a NAT problem?

Secondly, I have a Norton protected recycle bin. The contents of the bin are counted in the memory of the hard disk. Ever since I installed Azureus, the recycle bin has these following files:

downloads.config
azureus.config
azureus.statistics
tracker.config

Eventhough these files are small, if they go into recycle bin every so often, by the end of the day I end up having more than 1500 files. So now I go and empty the recycle bin at the end of the day.

Any solutions for these problems?
thanks and regards,
Prasad

Narayana
04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
NAT ennathu theriyathu, but i think its like you can connect to others, but others cant connect to you unless you permit.... kinda firewall, to accomodate many IPs i think... Definitely someone will be answering this qn soo good that we wont understand this.... Try howstuffworks.com for this NAT...
--N

ashokcsn_2000
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
The downloads by torrents are alright. sometimes thesmiley face is yellow and says that there is a NAT problem...................so, What is a NAT problem?

Prasad.. are u behind a router (wireless / maybe wired)... the router acts as a NAT to let multiple users use the same internet connection...

To overcome this problem.. goto router settings... (usually type the gateway ip in the internet explorer / refer router manual) and then set port forwarding to for 6881-6889 to ur PC or even simpler set the DMZ server to ur PC... (for all these see user manual) after that U shouldnt have these problems with NAT...
(u can obtain ur IP and gateway IP by ryping "ipconfig at the command line)

Regarding the second q... I havent experienced that.. let me try to find what the trouble is.. :think:

prasadvrg
04-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks Ashok for your quick reply. I shall pull my manuals out and follow the instructions.
shall keep you posted.
Regads, Prasad

ns80
04-20-2005, 04:52 AM
am currently using Azureus 2.2.0.2. I am trying to download a select few files from a torrent(where the total file size is about 4 GB). But the torrent doesnt display the list of files and simply stops saying there isnt enough space to download the torrent. am just trying to download 25MB from the torrent and have about 500 MB space available in that logical drive.

tinker
04-20-2005, 05:11 AM
am currently using Azureus 2.2.0.2. I am trying to download a select few files from a torrent(where the total file size is about 4 GB). But the torrent doesnt display the list of files and simply stops saying there isnt enough space to download the torrent. am just trying to download 25MB from the torrent and have about 500 MB space available in that logical drive.

I am not sure how you do it in azerus , but with bit tornado you can hit details and choose just the files you want to download. Not if that helps... , just thought will share with you...

ns80
04-20-2005, 05:21 AM
naan Bitcomet dhaan use pannitu irundhen. it displays the file list before you download it. idhula details click pannina endha file list'ayum kaanum :(

anainar
04-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Azureus tries to allocate space for the whole torrent data files. I could not find out a way to download selectively. I like the way it provieds control over individual IPs and dynamic upload speed settings.

Cheers

Narayana
04-20-2005, 12:38 PM
double click the filename you are downloading. you'll get 4 tabs. one of them is detailed info about each file(if u are downloading a zip or rar, u wont get any info, of course.) Also are you trying to download a 25 mb chunk out of a 4gb thing?? Azureus first reserves space for the whole thing so that the download doesnt get interrupted due to space shortage. maybe thats y..
--N

ns80
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
thanks Narayana and anainar,
actually trying to download 4-5 MP3 song from a 500-600 song torrent. i am not getting anything in the file list tab.

Narayana
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
you can do that easily with bittornado.. you have the option of "Never download" and "Download first" for each file. try tht if you havent yet.
--N

ns80
05-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Has anyone tried sharing files using the embedded tracker in Azureus. I am trying to share my song collections with my friend. Just want to do it privately without using an external tracker. Has anyone tried sharing files like this using a torrent :think:

prasadvrg
05-02-2005, 03:24 AM
Hello ns80,
I use Azureus, but I really don't know what you are talking about.

Sorry,
Regards,
Prasad

ns80
05-02-2005, 01:29 PM
hello prasad,
i am trying use my local machine as a tracker as well, instead of using an external tracker. is that possible :think:

sri_gan
05-02-2005, 03:33 PM

A NAT problem could be an persistent ip forwarding issue which means, most of the torrents will listen in port 6881-6999 depends on the number of torrent files you like to download.

A listener meaning is a server thread which tries to send a packet received to another peer and if your network router blocks or prevent the data being sent to another peer, you might see this icon in yellow which means download is good and it cannot upload.

Let me know if i've answered for the question you asked and if you need to troubleshoot more, you need to give more details.

:yes:.

ns80
05-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Check out: http://portforward.com/default.htm

pretty useful site to configure routers for port forwarding. Helps you configure most commonly available routers.