PDA

View Full Version : Sachein - Review

GoodBoy
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
If you want to know what Sachein (yes, the numerologist seems to have been at work) is all about, here goes: College boy meets college girl, falls in love, and declares his love.

The girl does not believe in infatuation and vociferously spurns the boy's love. But finally, the girl falls in love with the boy but does not divulge it to him -- it would hurt her ego to do so.

The film ends with the boy and girl in a tight embrace but only after some suspenseful moments. No, it's not at a railway station but at an airport. So instead of the train's horn, you hear the announcement: 'passengers are requested to proceed for a security check...'
[right:bff355db70]http://im.rediff.com/movies/2005/apr/14sachin3.jpg[/right:bff355db70]
Special: Clash of the Titans

Though the story and situations are predictable, what makes the film interesting is the way writer-director John Mahendran has shaped Sachein's character. And Vijay is simply adorable in the film! He may be in his early 30s but looks every inch a college student, unlike Ajith in Ji.

Hugely successful action films like Gilli, Thirupatchi and Madurai have given Vijay numerous young male fans but with this film, he is all set become the darling of the teenagers. He oozes style and innocence, and his portrayal of Sachein, with a tinge of comedy, is quite novel and endearing.

Genelia's character Shalini is not just a dancing doll. She is as important in the film as Sachein, which is a rarity in a Vijay film. For instance Trisha, the top Tamil female lead now and Vijay's co-star in his earlier blockbusters, has never had a strong role opposite Vijay.

But it seems no other actress could have portrayed Shalini with so much energy and innocence as Genelia. She matches up to Vijay in acting and style too.

[left:bff355db70]http://im.rediff.com/movies/2005/apr/14sachin2.jpg[/left:bff355db70]

John Mahendran told rediff.com that Bipasha Basu is not an item number showpiece in the film. I would say her item number is most disappointing and her character is redundant and forgettable. In her scenes with Genelia, Bips looks like her aunt!

Even in sex appeal, Genelia wins. It is ridiculous to see a jaded-looking Bipasha trying to seduce a much younger-looking Vijay. She looks more like an agony aunt to Genelia than a seductress to Vijay!

There is a lot of daring action from Vijay, never mind whether they are needed.

Though it is a college story, nobody is ever seen going to class, and there is no talk of studies either. The only thing they discuss is love. You also will not get any idea what they study.

Are Vijay and Genelia classmates? No idea. But they seem to finish college at the same time.

Yes, Sachein is one of those films you should not question, just watch and enjoy.

But I can assure you one thing. The film will stay in your mind for a while because of the way Mahendran has shaped the characters, and the way Vijay and Genelia have portrayed their roles.

Source : Rediff

ns80
04-14-2005, 04:08 PM
it seems a Vijay-Bipasha masala number is missing from this movie due to some stay order. adha nenacha dhaan konjam feeling'a irukku :(

dinesh
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Hugely successful action films like Gilli, Thirupatchi and Madurai
enna joke-aa? :sm12:

it seems a Vijay-Bipasha masala number is missing from this movie due to some stay order. adha nenacha dhaan konjam feeling'a irukku
konja feeling illa ns.......romba romba feeling :cry:

silican
04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
konja feeling illa ns.......romba romba feeling :cry:

Cant agree better :cry:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
04-14-2005, 08:09 PM
konja feeling illa ns.......romba romba feeling :(

correct thaan :(

vasan
04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Judging from the review, it may look like akka-thambi dance, and not the item dance you are all clamoring for... :sm12: :sm12: Wait a while for the disappointments boys.. :ee:

v-

Padam nallaa odidum pola irukku... :think: Sansdoll (our Geetham's Harini!) would be happy.... :wink:

goodcomplanboy
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Padam nallaa odidum pola irukku...

enakkum ithey feeling thaan. Especially after reading the review for Chandramukhi. How about Mumbai Xpress, why absolutely no words about that one :think:

silican
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Judging from the review, it may look like akka-thambi dance, and not the item dance you are all clamoring for... Wait a while for the disappointments boys..

Now, who is going 2 look at Vijay's dance moves :00:

- Silix :ahha:

silican
04-14-2005, 08:57 PM
GCB,
Looks like Mumbai Xpress didnt make it. :( to the screen for Tamil New Year.

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Now, who is going 2 look at Vijay's dance moves

exactly :wink:

GCB,
Looks like Mumbai Xpress didnt make it. to the screen for Tamil New Year.

Probably his strategy :think: ellam odi mudinchu adangina vudane thalaivar release panna poraar. Stills are not that impressive, but Hindi'le romba hype irukku. Lets see whether it makes it like other Kamal Comedy hits.

chinglees
04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Kamal comedy'e thani thaan.. :sm05: Nalla hit aagum..Delhi ganesh is a wonderful actor.. 2ndu per sernthaa time porade theriyaadu..

vasan
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
oh.. express varalaiyaa.. :think: hmm..

I heard SoCAL shows only Express not chandramukhi.. :P :P :P Can you believe it.. :P

goodcomplanboy
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
I heard SoCAL shows only Express not chandramukhi.. Can you believe it..

really :00: surprising :think:

but NJ its going to be released on Saturday, atleast I heard so...

silican
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Delhi ganesh is a wonderful actor..

A great actor seriously. And today read that Kamal has started his next project with Gautham Menon titled "vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu" an out and out action movie. He is simply great. :sm03:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
A great actor seriously. And today read that Kamal has started his next project with Gautham Menon titled "vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu" an out and out action movie. He is simply great. :sm03:

yes he is :)

sri_gan
04-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Mumbai Xpress is released in NJ both version, unluckly i saw the Hindi version because of a mis communication about the ticket for chandramukhi....

bharanishan
04-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Is This topic for Sachein - Review.....

or

for Mumbhai express and chandramukhi

ns80
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
or

:sm12: :sm12: sachin oduvadhum odaadhadhum indha padam eppadi odudhu'ngardha poruthu dhaan irukku.

Judging from the review, it may look like akka-thambi dance, and not the item dance you are all clamoring for...

:ush: glamour vayasu vidhyasam paarkaadhu. adhuvum Bips aadradhuna summava ;) :ee:.

I heard SoCAL shows only Express not chandramukhi..

i guess its the same case with seattle as well. namma ashokcsn adhaan romba feeling'la irukkar ;)

goodcomplanboy
04-18-2005, 02:01 PM
or

Good question :sm12: next question :think:

ns80
04-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Guys,
Just finished seeing Sachin (or Sachein :ee: rather). The movie is an out and out comedy, with a perfect mix of masala.

Story: Nothing really different, just a typical good old college love story, ego and a climax reunion taking place in the airport rather the usual railway station. Though some people might compare this with Kushi, I dint find much similarities except for the characterestics of the lead roles.

Comedy: Thats what this movie is meant for. nalla kalaayala irukku comedy. pretty clean throughout, except for a brief stint of double meaning when Bips is onscreen. Vijay - Genelia veruppethal comedy is pretty good. Vadivelu thannoda usual "kelambitaan ya kelambitaan" ellam vittutu ippo konjam nalla comedy pannirukkaar.

Cast: I dont need to talk about Vijay in such a role. He's done a pretty neat role. aana edhukku indha "ennanganna" dialogue'a vida maatengaraar'nu dhaan puriyave illa. Genelia is a cutie, sweety onscreen :sm05: she has lovely expression, even though she screws up dialogue delivery in certain places that doesnt quite matter, quite acceptable for a budding artist. Defenitely can see the prospect of having more Genelia movies in Tamil the near future (provided she doesnt runaway into Telugu too much). Bips doesnt have much to do in this movie, other than speeding up the movie a little bit. Guess quite a few Bips scenes were cut in the version I saw(75 lakhs kuduthu eduthurukkaanga ivlo kammiyava scenes potturuppaanga :think: screw the Censor Board :evil:). Villain madiri oru character varaan, avan pere theriyale, but it is good that they dint give much importance to him, otherwise the movie would've been lot serious.

Songs: "Best of Sachin" instrumental was good, "Vaadi Vaadi" paatukku video'la nalla kuthinaanga. matha paatellam enakku pidikkale, so the song videos sucked big time as well.

Visuals: Visuals and were really good. THe "fog" effect seemed to be overused in this movie, summa summa vandhurum. I wonder which city in India is so cold to have "fog" effect inside the airport :think:. Indha Matrix effect'a vida maataangala, indha padathulayum andha namba mudiyadha effect'a neenga paakalaam.

Verdict: It looks like this movie might become a massive hit, especially in city centres. Don't expect messages or spectacular acting performances, but this is a movie just to sit back, relax and laugh to glory :b:.

mrs_sri_gan
04-24-2005, 04:48 PM
or

Good question :sm12: next question :think:

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: Good Reply

san2003
04-30-2005, 08:12 AM
i have just watched sachein.. after long :ee:.... n jus saw this post

Padam nallaa odidum pola irukku... :think: Sansdoll (our Geetham's Harini!) would be happy.... :wink:

jus saw this... vasan thatha.... harini nalla thaan iruntha.. yaya.. romba happy ;) hehehe... geetham harini(thats me.. ;)) alwiz happy :ee: :b:

btw... avae real peru genelia 'va?

my verdict of sachein... din really enjoy it... i did not see any trailers nor reviews b4 watchin the movie.. was dissapointed after watchin it.. he had hit movies like Ghilli, thirupachi n so on... but why back to college loverboy story.... not nice... though harini was ok... the same as boys i feel her acting.. teenage girl attitude ;) well... hope his next movie he will do good roles.. back again.... like his hit movies :ee:

amurugan
05-01-2005, 03:45 PM
remake of kushi . time pass for b , c circle. waste of money for a circle . "macarena" replaced with ", "maaro" . "mumtaj" replace by "basu" , "vivek" replaced by "vadivelu " , jo replace by dsouza . safe place for vijay . "market stunt" " matrix stunt reloaded with vegetables ( worst than a teleguy movie stunt). waste of time for 15 minutes . bipasha role no use . to conclude a hole in whole . will definitely make to the box office .

Arun