PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Soul Mate?

sri_gan
09-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi Guys-

Feel free to discuss the topic tunneled with below questions.

1. How to Identify that you met your soul mate?

2. Is this superfical or practical?

3. What Life has to do with this?

4. What Love has to do with this?

sri_gan
10-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Ithanai per padichingale ethavathu type pannalam le... rombe serious topic aa ...

arumugam57
10-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Maamu nee romba varuthap padathey..
As on today only our forum is very very active. (79 posts per day where as TT 18 posts per day --next to us). Still you want more , more more naa enna panrathu?.

Aaama TT -ku enna aatchu?. No one is talking there. Almost all sections died or what?

sri_gan
10-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah i think so. Everytime i go in, it takes a huge amount of time to load. Enna achune theriyala. I'm remember the boys review was so hot appuram enna achune theriyala.

sandhiya_ch
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
srigan at many times we think ok this is our soulmate, but we come to realize it only as the frequencies correctly match. that is what i think

anainar
10-06-2003, 01:44 PM
srigan at many times we think ok this is our soulmate, but we come to realize it only as the frequencies correctly match. that is what i think

Sandy,

Enna solreengannu puriyalai. There are many facets to a soulmate. And some facets may match your and some may not. That is life. And many times it is the opposite which attract. Unga languagelayay solren. If you add two sine waves that are 180 opposite in phase, you will get a straight line. So there are a few facets which are important and be sure you guys are in the same line. Illat prachinay thaan. You clear about your priorities and making the choice is easy.

Cheers.

sri_gan
10-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Wow! This topic is back to track... Thanks people.

Naan oru 4 questions ketu irruken athukku answer pannunga pa... naanum kandippa vanthu neriya ennoda thoughts share pannuren.

sweetie
10-07-2003, 05:26 AM
manasukku pudicha ponnoda pesunga pazhangunga.... antha ponnukku ungala pudichirukka nu paarunga ...... then if all goes well, U wud've found ur soul mate... atha perusu paduthi, time waste panni... hmmmm....

thamizh
10-07-2003, 10:53 AM
ya u r right sweetie, these things just happen ( if you are lucky) that is why it is special. it could happen in your life or it might not.
but agn finding that special someone just happens unexpectedly so dont think abt it all the time nor go searching for it ! When it happens, you will know and if it does jus sit bk and relish the moment(s).

Sri_gan'ikku en vaazhthukkal avar thunaiyai kaana... ;)
mattravangalukkum thaan.
thamizh

sri_gan
10-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Sweetie,

Anthu engalukku theriyamala 4 kelvi kettu irrukom... Atha pathu solluda...Sweetie payale...

sweetie
10-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Okie Sri_gan..... As u say... lemme tell u something...

U cant identifly ur soulmate.... U will only feel it and realise it over a matter of time... it dus not happen out of the blue....

It is practical to find someone u really reflect within urself..... it is possible... all that matters is wat u both think and in wat aspects u both are similar... that is wat makes u like someone... either a boy or a girl... when the frequency of two people' thoughts match, they get drawn closer... and when it happens with the opposite sex, u know wat....

Life n love has got nothing to do with this.... U can always live ur life n love ur life with someone who dus not match u in every possible way.... But the point of finding ur so-called *soul mate* is like finding the person *you love the most*.... shes the person whom U longed to have with u.....

So even though u dun find that person, it dusnt mean U cant live with neone else.... not everyone ends up finding the right person they wud like to have....

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 03:17 AM
U cant identifly ur soulmate.... U will only feel it and realise it over a matter of time... it dus not happen out of the blue....

Why not?

Raman Sita ve vill odikkum mune parkiran... Love at first sight happens

"Annalum Knokinan ...." Kambar vari kettathu illaya?

Out of the blue le thane Ithu nadakuthu....

============================== =================

It is practical to find someone u really reflect within urself..... it is possible... all that matters is wat u both think and in wat aspects u both are similar... that is wat makes u like someone... either a boy or a girl... when the frequency of two people' thoughts match, they get drawn closer... and when it happens with the opposite sex, u know wat....

Life n love has got nothing to do with this.... U can always live ur life n love ur life with someone who dus not match u in every possible way.... But the point of finding ur so-called *soul mate* is like finding the person *you love the most*.... shes the person whom U longed to have with u.....

So even though u dun find that person, it dusnt mean U cant live with neone else.... not everyone ends up finding the right person they wud like to have....

Ithu keka nalla irruku, overall view padi Soul mate kkum love kkum life kkum onnum sambanthamillai nu sollurengala....

So you are thinking it is superficial correcta?

anainar
10-08-2003, 03:36 AM
Sri,

Sweety solraanga, you can live with any one, not necessarily a soul mate. Whether you will meet such a person or not is a question and you may not also. Appadinna full lifeum will you be waiting for a soul mate?

It does not make sense to have a person who reflects you as soulmate. It is the difference which adds spice to life. Can you think of a soulmate with whom you never fight? Or who thinks exactly like you? Come on! You need spice in life.

Aana, oru point puriyalai enakku! How will you know that this is the person I love the most? How do you measure that Sweety?

Cheers.

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Arumuganainar,

Erkanave inoru track irruku... Love at First Sight nu... Athoda bigger version than ithu...

I agree to the fact about the spice in life...

But my question was beyond that, what life and love has to do with a soul mate? For some people it is nothing, for some its something, for few its everything.

What is the composition of this?

Antha point of view le kekuren. Its not about how i'm going to get settled in life. Did i clear my point? illai nu let me know....

Appuram rest you asked a question...that will answer how to identify them?

sweetie
10-08-2003, 04:21 AM
U dun measure the person u think u love the most ANAINAR..... That is a very bad thing to do... tamil la solluvaanga.... *enna ?? aazham paarkkariya* nu ..... tats very bad....

But u can ofcourse feel n realise that he / she is the person u love the most whenever u have that joy deep within urself when u r with that person... U dun know where the joy comes from or for what.... but u just feel so elated n cheerful when u r with that particular person... this joy n elation stands out from the rest of things / people / frs / wat not, that give u joy n cheer.....

sweetie
10-08-2003, 04:21 AM
Ram Site kathai ellam inge sollaatha... real Life incidents pathi pesu... dun bring myth n illusion into this ......

anainar
10-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Aaha! Sweetie, ippadi oru thani track potteengala? Tho varenn..

Life, Love, Soul mate! All three different items. Do you have to live with your soulmate through out your life? not necessarily? Do you have to love your soulmate? Possibly. Do you enjoy being with your soulmate? Definitlely. Does life require a soulmate? Not necessarily.

Ithula yaarukk enna puriyalaiyo, kelungal viakki sollapadu. Aana Sweetie sonnathu ithu thaanu ninaikiren. Thappunn sollungo sweetie.

To be honest, you need to be extremely lucky to get a wife = soulmate=love. All three in one person is a rarity. Any two is largely possible. All three is a rarity and I wish 6Face all success in getting the equation right.

Cheers

anainar
10-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Achacho! Me confused Sri with Sweetie. Earlier reply is for Sri.

Sweetie, measurement in not absolute terms. Every person we meet brings certain amount of happiness in our life. Intha deep within, dont know where the joy comes from all are utopia concepts. Get real Sweetie. It is human nature to be yearning for something that does not exist. Soulmate is something similar. Life is all about conveniences for most of the people. For some it may be different but that percentage is very few.

Cheers.

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Ram Site kathai ellam inge sollaatha... real Life incidents pathi pesu... dun bring myth n illusion into this ......

Ellame illusion than sweetie... Nalla think panni parunga.. Naan, nenga, arumugam, vennai, arumuganainar, valu siva, thiruttu payya.. , natham pudicha vasu, maadu....

Yaravathu inga nija pera solluroma illa gender than pakuroma.. so ellarume illusions than.. then how can you say that I cannot bring that point...

Vivatham Sudu pidikutha?

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Aaha! Sweetie, ippadi oru thani track potteengala? Tho varenn..

Life, Love, Soul mate! All three different items. Do you have to live with your soulmate through out your life? not necessarily? Do you have to love your soulmate? Possibly. Do you enjoy being with your soulmate? Definitlely. Does life require a soulmate? Not necessarily.

Ithula yaarukk enna puriyalaiyo, kelungal viakki sollapadu. Aana Sweetie sonnathu ithu thaanu ninaikiren. Thappunn sollungo sweetie.

To be honest, you need to be extremely lucky to get a wife = soulmate=love. All three in one person is a rarity. Any two is largely possible. All three is a rarity and I wish 6Face all success in getting the equation right.

Cheers

Arumuganainar,

kalkurenga... neriya questions nengalum exhupurenga... Vivatham sudakumnu nenaikiren...

vennai1
10-08-2003, 05:49 AM
A note to Aiyanaar.

You can edit your own posts after posting using the

Edit with Scissors button on the top right side.

And also you can delete your own posts if you want

to using "X" signed button.

I hope that is clear now.

Let the discussions continue :)

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Yeah yeah.... Human nature is all about yearning for something that does not exist.... and so is your soulmate ?!?!?! ANAINAR ........ Then why the hell do U want to waste time yearning for something *THAT DOES NOT EXIST* ??????

Height of................... *U can fill in the dots as u wud want*

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Utopia concepts ellam accepted.... but where does it arise ??? Does it come on its own... NO... it happens and u feel it only when u see someone special.... someone who cud make u think about making that person a special person in ur life....

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:45 AM
And assuming measurement not in absolute terms, but even as a relative entity, the meaning dusnt seem to change much I guess.... And unnoda line le paartha kooda, intha measurement kkum so-called utopia concepts kkum connexion irukka illaya nu think panni paaru.....

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:46 AM
Summa ellame illusion thaan nu sollalaam SRI_GAN ...... Inga yaarum real name / gender sollaathathaiyum mathathaiyum saerkkaatheenga ...... yeah yeah... in that case every goddamn thing can be said to be an illusion in one way or the other, when U dun know wats the end of everything or how everything came into being.....

Naan real aa thaan pesaren....

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Soulmate kooda sandai poda mudiyaathu difference of opinion varaathu nu yaar sonnathu ???? they are all an integral part of the vast characteristics of the so-called soul mates... and finding out or measuring someone as ur soulmate depends on a lot of factors... and these may vary from person to person... U cannot generalise such things....

sweetie
10-08-2003, 08:54 AM
Has neone ever met a girl online ??? And after that have u started liking the girl, with only the emails being the sole mode of communication n being in touch between u both ???? And then U be like that for a coupla months, and then u get a chance to talk with each other on the phone ???? And then sudddenly while chatting again after nother coupla months, U both open ur hearts out to each other..... And all this while NONE OF YOU HAVE SEEN EACH OTHER .... NOT EVEN IN PHOTO's ..... And u go on like that for another year.... But now U have exchanged a coupla photos, But still U both have not seen each other in real life yet...... And U will be meeting only after say, 12 or 14 months to the date when U first met in a place like a chat room or something....

NOW ...... Does this make ne sense to you about what the guy n the girl have been having in their minds ??? And in what what stages did their thoughts about the other change from one to another ???? And can you see how it develops into a long lasting n binding relationship, wherein they both fall in love and decide to get married.........

Well... atleast I guess U wud be able to make out that the first point is Time... that helps u in finding ur soulmate... n add to this the other factors... So many many of them....

anainar
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Yeah yeah.... Human nature is all about yearning for something that does not exist.... and so is your soulmate ?!?!?! ANAINAR ........ Then why the hell do U want to waste time yearning for something *THAT DOES NOT EXIST* ??????

Height of................... *U can fill in the dots as u wud want*

Does it mean that every guy/girl who is married or who is in love with a girl/guy has found a soulmate? And does a soul mate necessarily have to be the husband/wife?

To me soulmate is an utopian concept. Whether the hidden love comes out when you meet your soulmate. Soulmate is something which everyone would like to have, but life is all about conveniences.

Cheers

sri_gan
10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Does it mean that every guy/girl who is married or who is in love with a girl/guy has found a soulmate? And does a soul mate necessarily have to be the husband/wife?

:clap: :clap:

To me soulmate is an utopian concept. Whether the hidden love comes out when you meet your soulmate. Soulmate is something which everyone would like to have, but life is all about conveniences.

The concept of classmate illaya, illa soulmates than just friends a irruka kudatha?

Friendship enbathu life le mattume kedaikkum so soulmatekkum life kum oru relationship irruka illaya?

sweetie
10-09-2003, 12:28 AM
ANAINAR .... Thats precisely what I said before..... Not everyone one who marries can be sure of having married a person who wud be their soulmate...

And for a soulmate being someone in particular, I bet my bottom money on u people not having ne frs or people U have just met as ur soulmates.... Coz once the thought of having a soul mate creeps into ur mind, then it has got certain factors on which u tend to rely on...

U dun trust every goddamn human being u come across right ???

U dun confide in every goddamn fr or classmate u might have in your life right ????

U dun open urself n let out steam once in a while to ur parents or relative or ne frs for that matter right ????

AND U WILL SURELY DO THIS TO A PERSON, WHO IS GONNA BE UR SOULMATE ...... COZ U FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT THEM ... U TRUST THEM ... U CONFIDE IN THEM ....... U FEEL AT EASE WITH THEM IN *ALL* SITUATIONS.... And here.... MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, Its your Husband or WIfe who is gonna fill this position ... fortunately or unfortunately is ur own decree.....

anainar
10-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Sweety, this confiding, is also only to certain level with the "so called" soulmate. The factor is convenience. Every human being has a darker side which is known him/her only. At the prospect of being in the wrong side, the confiding will not happen. So there also relative levels come in. You dont confide with soulmate on every situation! On many situations, yes possibly.

Husband/wife relationship could become a soulmate case. But the foundations of that and the way society interprets any decisions affects their confiding philosophy. And in our society marriage is considered so sacred, that any decisions that go against is considered a sin. And we keep every thing under that umbrella and try to coverup. So husband/wife relationship blossoming as soulmate is more of forced in our society rather than voluntary. And again, not every aspect you condife with husband/wife.

I feel I am a bit incoherent here, but these are my thoughts. May be I have to think over a bottle of beer, then my Cortex will start working over time.

Cheers

sri_gan
10-09-2003, 02:01 AM
Soul - This is a Spiritual Aspect.

Mate - Friend

We need to go beyond the material world to know more on this..

Ippothaikku ithu Starting....

sweetie
10-09-2003, 02:45 AM
U cant blame the society for not being able to consider someone as a real n true soulmate ANAINAR ..... All that matters is how u and ur partner interpret life n its events... and the ideas n philosophies that might guide ur married life...

And for living in a society where any decision thats against is a sin, then whose problem is it ???? Come out of the shackles of the society and its words n belief' and how u luk in the soceity' eyes.... Think more about what you and ur partner are convenient in doing n how comfortable u both are, in the same.... then u'll get a deeper perspective of things that happen and then u wud find urself being a person with more open mind....

sri_gan
10-09-2003, 02:47 AM
okay sweetie.

What do you mean by open mind?

sweetie
10-09-2003, 02:54 AM
U cant expect to be spoon fed for every little thing Sri_Gan.... check up some dictionary or some kinda philosophy or psychology book on what an open mind is .......

Shy
11-19-2003, 03:37 PM
I have few words for this interesting topic..

Let me tell u what I read about this existence of soulmates....

The concept is that one day God decided people were to be punished so he divided all the souls in two and we are doomed to wander the Earth, trying to find the other half of ourselves.Well, I dont know and also like the whole idea of God getting mad at people stuff, but the rest of the story fits my point.....

I think all people are like wandering in life, trying to find someone or something that will complete them.

To me a soulmate is someone who can understand you without you having to explain yourself.
They are someone who will be there for you whenever you need them.
They have a special connection with you that makes everything seem just perfect.

But not everything happens, as anainar said, life is just made of conviences... so some things might be there are u expected in ur partner, others may not.. thats where u start adjusting...I think we reflect each other at a fundamental level. I'm not saying that everything will be always rose petals and colorful days! Some of the best arguments can be had with yourself! Entha mathiri spice erukanum.. neengae sandai pootu neengae paeseena .. epapdi erukum.. thats not imaginable..

u want someone to be there for u always..I think that having a soulmate is what makes the world a joyful place. Life'la without soulmates, friends family kuuda u would have enjoyed life and had fun... But I mean real joy. The kind of joy that transforms you into something better than what you are now. That can only come with the other half of your soul.

Shy

Minik
11-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Shy quoted:
"To me a soulmate is someone who can understand you without you having to explain yourself.
They are someone who will be there for you whenever you need them.
They have a special connection with you that makes everything seem just perfect. "

I agree to this 100%. a soulmate is a person who understands you and when you think of something that person says it out sometimes.

bindu_gopisetty
12-08-2003, 04:28 AM
i don't understand mean by soul mate.

i know the meaning for that word. but i don't believe in this topic. According to indian culture most of the girls gets arrange marriage. So, how will anyone know that the guy is her soul mate. We need to agree superfially. she will not have chance to wait until she really meets her soul mate. But here in USA both guys and girls wait until they meet the right men and women. Still they do get divorced. so i don' tagree with this.thats very rare. if theirs understand btn them ---------life will be cool.

sri_gan
12-08-2003, 01:45 PM

i know the meaning for that word. but i don't believe in this topic. According to indian culture most of the girls gets arrange marriage. So, how will anyone know that the guy is her soul mate. We need to agree superfially. she will not have chance to wait until she really meets her soul mate. But here in USA both guys and girls wait until they meet the right men and women. Still they do get divorced. so i don' tagree with this.thats very rare. if theirs understand btn them ---------life will be cool.

Don't be surprised at Arranged Marriage, there are ways to find out a soul mate with Arranged marriage also.

All these days, the Astrology was not protrayed well, It is pure form of Mathematics.

There are 24 possible calculations and predictions done earlier,Ofcourse nowdays in south india people use only 11 verification... If you heard of Nadi .. it is one form of calculation done to location the person you wanna marry.

This may sound crazy now, even the Matrix is concept of Belief. So It is possible to locate a soulmate in Arranged Marriage.

It is just the people's Ignorance and lack of care to spend time to understand certain things which is widely surrounded.

vasan
12-08-2003, 05:42 PM

Don't be surprised at Arranged Marriage, there are ways to find out a soul mate with Arranged marriage also.

All these days, the Astrology was not protrayed well, It is pure form of Mathematics.

There are 24 possible calculations and predictions done earlier,Ofcourse nowdays in south india people use only 11 verification... If you heard of Nadi .. it is one form of calculation done to location the person you wanna marry.

This may sound crazy now, even the Matrix is concept of Belief. So It is possible to locate a soulmate in Arranged Marriage.

It is just the people's Ignorance and lack of care to spend time to understand certain things which is widely surrounded.

Astrology is not a pure form of mathematics. It is not any form of mathematics. You could develop systems of equations and study and predict planetary positions - that is called astronomy. You can't foretell the effect of such planetary positions on the an individual's future using astronomy. You will have to use astrology for that.

Astrology has no scientific foundations at all. Using good methods to predict seasons and planetary (or star) positions in no way makes Astrology a science.

sri_gan
12-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Astrology is not a pure form of mathematics.

You can't foretell the effect of such planetary positions on the an individual's future using astronomy. You will have to use astrology for that.

Astrology has no scientific foundations at all. Using good methods to predict seasons and planetary (or star) positions in no way makes Astrology a science.

As I told before, It depends how one sees astrology, it looks meaningless when looked in that way, even science and mathematics can be made meaningless by one's vision, It is not too far.

To my knowledge, Astrology is also one form of Mathematics (pure could be taken in logical reasoning after certain calculation), No one can deny that fact, planet positioning requires mathematics + latitudes and longitudes are nothing but mathematics.

:lol: Assumptions are normal in mathematics... so no mathematics is a pure form...

Ofcourse, I agree to one fact that most of the astrologers compromise a lot within themselves (depends on the way they understand) which ends in faulty reasoning, for that reason, one cannot rule out the possibility of understanding certain facts.

Well, No one achieves anything by proving astrology as science or science as astrology, Each one of them is different in it logical and practical reasoning.

The major fact is due to Ignorance and carelessness, lot of things got vanished over these years.

By just the clouds of the enviroment people live, tend to ignore the facts, even though the resources are available. It doesn't necessarily have to be astrology or science or mathematics, whatever it is Ignorers will definetely gonna ignore, no matter what you prove it on ground.

Shy
12-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Soulmate has nothing to do with arranged marriage or astrology

Its a comfortable feeling u get between two independent individuals. In arranged marriage, there can be soulamtes in the first shot or as I said earlier, adjustments are made to fill up the holes inbetween. Astrology'la 24 poorutham paarthu, not even 8 if everything is clicked.. thats doesnt mean they are the soulmates for each other. They too will have conflicts in their interests, desires etc.

Shy

sri_gan
12-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Soulmate has nothing to do with arranged marriage or astrology

Its a comfortable feeling u get between two independent individuals. In arranged marriage, there can be soulamtes in the first shot or as I said earlier, adjustments are made to fill up the holes inbetween. Astrology'la 24 poorutham paarthu, not even 8 if everything is clicked.. thats doesnt mean they are the soulmates for each other. They too will have conflicts in their interests, desires etc.

Shy

Athai than Mana Porutham nu solluvanga.... Athukkunu oru maturity varanum. Enakku therinchu ithu varathukku neriya perukku rombe naal aiduthu... velila pesum pothu neriya solluvanga, but in reality they are may act exactly opposite of what they say.

Honestly speaking Manam murunga maram yerurathu rombe normal... I got a new smilie chumma try panninen...

:vethalam:

butterfly
12-09-2003, 04:24 AM
To my knowledge, Astrology is also one form of Mathematics (pure could be taken in logical reasoning after certain calculation), No one can deny that fact, planet positioning requires mathematics + latitudes and longitudes are nothing but mathematics.

Assumptions are normal in mathematics... so no mathematics is a pure form...

By just the clouds of the enviroment people live, tend to ignore the facts, even though the resources are available. It doesn't necessarily have to be astrology or science or mathematics, whatever it is Ignorers will definetely gonna ignore, no matter what you prove it on ground.

Sri,
can u pls explain this....wat does astrology & soulmate have to do?

abe
12-09-2003, 03:33 PM
butterfly...some literature on the subject of soulmates...for your enlightenment... :D

A belief in reincarnation is not necessary for a belief in soulmates although a great deal of literature on soulmates does presume a belief in reincarnation. Perhaps I'm just a Soulmates Skeptic, but I just cannot believe that there is one and only one person for each of us. In my own life, and in the lives of many friends, I know that there have been times when we've been convinced that, "This is the one. This person is my One True Love, my Soulmate."

However, often in these cases, for one reason or another, the relationship hasn't
worked out. Were we mistaken? Was that person not our soulmate? Or, was the
person our soulmate, and, for one reason or another, we just weren't able to make things work?

I have no answers; however, I do have a theory of my own. I have a friend who introduced me to the theory of a soul tribe. To her, there are many people who have important connections to us, karmic connections, if you prefer to use that term. To her, these people constitute our soul tribe.

In adapting this idea, I feel that we can have what the popular press seems to call or identify as a soulmate relationship with many different persons who are in our soul tribe. Perhaps in a lifetime, we may run into five, ten, or twenty different persons who are members of our soul tribe, and, under the right circumstances, we could have an intense, karmic, soul-shattering relationship with any one of them, or, with several of them, in some cases.

Another way to think of this is to say that we have multiple soulmates.

And, although I can't quite swallow the concept of one and only one true love for each of us per lifetime, I can reluctantly allow the possibility of multiple soulmates. I don't think that there is an unlimited supply of soulmates out there for each of us, but I do believe that each of us has one or more persons who can help us to growth and become all that we can be, who will support, honor, shelter, guide, serve, succor, challenge, adore, and love unreservedly. I also think that most of us manage in some way to miss out on these relationships. Therefore, we are always searching for the ideal relationship, the ideal partner, the soulmate, if you will.

Love is love, and love is never to be taken for granted or belittled. To me, the question is not, "Is this person my soulmate?" but "Is there real love here?" not "Who is my soulmate?" but "Do I give and receive love generously and unselfishly?" not "When will I meet my soulmate?" but "Am I ready to be in an intensely loving relationship, ready to be challenged for growth?"

Minik
12-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Love is love, and love is never to be taken for granted or belittled. To me, the question is not, "Is this person my soulmate?" but "Is there real love here?" not "Who is my soulmate?" but "Do I give and receive love generously and unselfishly?" not "When will I meet my soulmate?" but "Am I ready to be in an intensely loving relationship, ready to be challenged for growth?"

well said abe, a soulmate comes when there is love for that person. even in an arranged marriage when you accept the person chosen by your parents, and love him dearly, then he would be your soulmate. when two persons are intensely in love they could read each others mind and act accordingly without the other person saying it. so, I think when you have love in a person then there is your soulmate. so, love and soulmate get connected easily.

sri_gan
12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
so, love and soulmate get connected easily.

It is true, there can be soulmates who can be friends also, Any one disagree?

Shy
12-09-2003, 05:27 PM
abe,

Good post. :).. few points from me. I agree with ur that Love should be unconditional and should never be granted. But I can t accept that there can be more than one soulamte in a life. The reasons that many relationships doesnt work out, even thou they had assumed that the partner is their soulmate, doent imply that there can be soulmates at different levels. I think that people in those type of relationship didnt really were in sync with each other and wrongly assumed the other person is their soulmate. Their decision werent proper at that time.

I point is, If the person is really ur soulmate, u will never, ever try to break up, but make up the realtionship at any cost. So will that person. Thats the value of being a soulmate.

Sri friends soulmate'a irukalaam, when they go from friends to the more intimate deeper level. Ellaina friends friends thaan, even they are ur bestest friend.

Shy

sri_gan
12-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Sri friends soulmate'a irukalaam, when they go from friends to the more intimate deeper level. Ellaina friends friends thaan, even they are ur bestest friend.

I point is, If the person is really ur soulmate, u will never, ever try to break up, but make up the realtionship at any cost. So will that person. Thats the value of being a soulmate.

Naan soul mate enbathai eppadi pakuren na, Spiritual level le, I mean, like if they have a common thoughts as pre planned or something like that... But they will not end up in a relationship (children etc..) avalothan.

Thats why I felt to say the above, It is not a confusion thought, watch your bolded area, It happens a lot with friends unda illaya?

Instead of relationship, friendship will be substituted in your words.

abe
12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
The lives the souls go through when they take birth on earth & the people they have met & lived with on earth are not permanent but illusions. Once the soul leaves the human body upon death & enters the spirit world, the soul would get detached from all attachments it had with its kith & kin while it was in its human body. After a time, the soul's memories & links with the human world would completely disappear. But souls can remember what happened to them in the spirit world or celestial world (Heaven/Hell) & the cther souls they had met during the periods in between daeth & rebirth. When two souls sre close to each other, we call them soul mates.
What is permanent & meningful to the souls will be the soul mates they met in between births & tthe experiences they had in the spirit world. The soul mates are permanent entities whom they will meet at various times in the spirit & celestial worlds.

Sorry the pages went dislocated while typing...so the rest is below...

sri_gan
12-09-2003, 06:51 PM
I tend to agree closer with abe.

But my next stage is checking about soulmate is, if souls can remember, why human brains cannot remember the entries it have....

If soulmates can persist, why can't the humans live without being in a group.

abe
12-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Shy...more about the soul mates for your easy understanding... :D

Soul Mates
The lives the souls go through when they take birth on earth & the people they have met & lived with on earth are not permanent but illusions. Once the soul leaves the human body upon death & enters the spirit world, the soul would get detached from all attachments it had with its kith & kin while it was in its human body. After a time, the soul's memories & links with the human world would completely disappear. But souls can remember what happened to them in the spirit world or celestial world (Heaven/Hell) & the cther souls they had met during the periods in between daeth & rebirth. When two souls sre close to each other, we call them soul mates.

What is permanent & meaningful to the souls will be the soul mates they met in between births & tthe experiences they had in the spirit world. The soul mates are permanent entities whom they will meet at various times in the spirit & celestial worlds. When the soul mates meet they can recognize & relate to each other. The true identity of each soul is permanent. Only their earthly identities when born or reborn are illusions & impermanent.

To illustrate this, let us take the example of the number of cars a person would own & drive in his lifetime. From the age of eighteen when he qualifies to drive a car till the age of around sixty a person might have owned & driven about 10 cars. Let us consider the cars as earthly bodies & the person as a soul. While the soul is still around at age of sixty, all the ten cars (human bodies) have disappered & the soul may not be able to recall details of the cars he owned. But the soul will be able to remenber a friend of his age group who may also have owned about 10 cars during that period. While these 2 friends are still alive & relate too each other, all the cars they both have owned have disappered & forgotten by them.

This is the same situation with respect to souls. While they may not be able to remember ther earthly lives, they can remember what happened to them in the spirit & celestial worlds & the souls they met in these 2 worlds in between birth on earth.
Let us take an example the case of soul A & soul B. Let us assume the souls A & B were husbands & wife in the 19th century in france. Soul A was the husband & a medical doctor & soul B was the wife & a school teacher. Let us assume that both of them died at the same time in a motor accident in 1875. Lets us say that both them went to heaven & stayed there together for five years. Soul A who was the doctor -husband takes rebirth in 1880 as American black woman & becomes a social worker. Soul B remains in heaven a little longer & takes birth in italy in 1882 as a man who becomes a catholic priest. Somehow, if Soul A, the black female social worker had met Soul B , the italian priest in london in 1910, they would have passed each other without recognizing each other. If due to an unfortunate accident both of them were to die at the same time in a plane crash, the souls would recognize each other instantly when they meet in the spirit world. But when they meet in the spirit world they would only remember the 5 years they spent together in Heaven after they died as husband & wife in their previous births. Neither would know what had happened to them as a social worker & priest in their immediate previous birth, nor would they be able to remember their kives 2 births earlier as husband & wife in France (medical doctor-husband & schoolk teacher-wife).

So the souls can only remember what happens to them in the spirit & celestial worlds & soul they meet in these 2 worlds in between births. This fact is also the finding of Dr Michael Newton through his hynoptic innquiries into his subjects.
The findings is true.
When souls leave their human bodies they are filled with rediscovered freedom from their earthbound bodie & are anxious to get started on their spiritual journey to a place of peace & familiarity. In the spirit world they mneet other souls & remember those whom they have met between births & become closely assiociated they become soul mates just like friends in the human world. While friendship among peoiple in the human world is temporary, the links between soul mates in the spirit world are permanent & everlasting. These soul mstes not only meet & know 1 another while they are in spirit world, but they are also closely associated when they meet in the celestial world, which could be either in Heaven or Hell. :P

abe
12-10-2003, 05:46 PM
shy....neenga padichenggala...as stated above, you would get a better understanding on the concept of soul mates...the answers to your question will be satisfactorially reveal...

Shy
12-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Padichitae irukaen.. will reply shortly :)

Shy

Shy
12-10-2003, 06:01 PM
abe,

I read it. it was very explanatory. But ennala accept pana mudiyalai, I mean I am confused. This explanation is for those who believe that there's another world out there when u leave. And also for those who beleive that people take many lives and thus they dont remember the role they took in each life, but their soul remember the what they had together with the other soul.

If its beyond our reach and memory, how come then we call out loved ones soulmates even though we know that we are going to forget each other and not remember u even if we meet afterwards. Also as its said.. the soul will remember what happens to them when they were togther for those 5 years in heaven right? does that mean all the life we have here is meaningless.Maayai ? I am reluctant to accept that abe.

But I was so far under the impression that when u meet someone, even though both of them not prefect.. have many ups and downs but still trying to work out and stick to toegther. They are soulmates because even though problems exist, their soul compromises on everything ,so that they dont loose each other. Mentally, I mean ur mind can wander with all sorts of -ver things abt ur partner and point it to you. but ur feel soemthing that u will try to let go that and accept them right.. I thin when u feel that way then that person is ur soulmate. Isnt so?

Shy

vasan
12-10-2003, 07:31 PM
I don't believe in

The lives the souls go through when they take birth on earth & the people they have met & lived with on earth are not permanent but illusions.

Nor do I believe in multiple lifes and life after death and soul and so on. Therefore this explanation is not useful to me. Please... I mean no offense. I am only expressing my personal beliefs.

Here, (I mean right now here on earth) what I see is as permanent as anything... the love I experience and able to give, broken hearts and the pleasure of understanding one another is real.

Soulmate is an idealization of what a relationship (essentially between a man and woman) ought to be. When I find a person, with whom I could live in total harmony - such a person (living here on earth, in flesh and blood) is my soulmate. I call her that because, its not mere physical compatibility, nor emotional balance alone, nor just financial equality or partnership or a zillion other individual things. Deep inside I do believe it is possible to find one person, who would have all these zillion things in the right proportion - and when I find such a person with whom I will live the rest of my life - she becomes my soul mate, and I, hers.

Alas, often it takes much longer than the years we have to find one 'perfect match'. Therefore I will compromise, and find some one adequately matching - and live life learning to love each other and growing old together. On second thoughts such a match is as good as a perfect match. For if me and she match so well, then perhaps I would still live with my faults - instead, if she is different, perhaps there is a chance that each would help the other to grow out of their short comings...

To me, soulmates are not some esoteric, out of this world experience or concept. Its the very practical idea of how we should lead our individual lifes in such away that while as individuals we might be imperfect but as couple we become just right!

Some day, I would find one... Some day, I will be the perfect soul mate - here on earth - for some one.. some day, like Bharathi wrote.. in a
காணி நிலத்தில், ஒரு மூலையில் ... என் பாட்டு கலந்து வரும் ஒரு பத்தினி பெண்ணின் குரலுடன்.....

sri_gan
12-10-2003, 07:36 PM
காணி நிலத்தில், ஒரு மூலையில் ... என் பாட்டு கலந்து வரும் ஒரு பத்தின் பெண்ணின் குரலுடன்.....

:lol: Bharathi hint ellam nalla irruku... athu pathin illa pathini penn...

pathin penn naa

dosai and uppuma le irrupu chatti le pudikkum paru athu than pathu... nee ippa itha mathu... nalla penn unakku kidaikka enn valthu...

How is it? TR effect irrukume... kathai ezhuthuren la summava?

vasan
12-10-2003, 07:43 PM
காணி நிலத்தில், ஒரு மூலையில் ... என் பாட்டு கலந்து வரும் ஒரு பத்தின் பெண்ணின் குரலுடன்.....

:lol: Bharathi hint ellam nalla irruku... athu pathin illa pathini penn...

pathin penn naa

dosai and uppuma le irrupu chatti le pudikkum paru athu than pathu... nee ippa itha mathu... nalla penn unakku kidaikka enn valthu...

How is it? TR effect irrukume... kathai ezhuthuren la summava?

bro...

type pannittu adhai padichu thirumpa proof paarkum munnave post pannitten.. I have edited and reposted - and then I see your post.... avasara kudakai daa nee.. :lol: Konjam time kuduppa... people post, and then edit and correct their 'typographical' errors... :) :)
Anyways... edhavadhu 'confusious' maadhiri comment edhirpaarthen nee yennadanna TR level effect kudukkare... :)

thanks, sri..

venky1974
12-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Abe,

Ongolada Soul explanation le Soul na enna ne confused aaiteain...

So the souls can only remember what happens to them in the spirit & celestial worlds & soul they meet in these 2 worlds in between births.

This fact is also the finding of Dr Michael Newton through his hynoptic innquiries into his subjects.
The findings is true.

True to whom? To those who believe that Soul take these journey to the other words?

Human body is made of Carbaon and Hydrogen... and they dissolve as the same when their life cycle is over.

Living being are like a hard disk with RAM.. you load new software it runs differently. The person loading the program is the parathama himself( as i believe).

Now Soul to what I think is a part of the parathma and he resides in all of us. If we try and be together we can all be mates (friends) & in due course soul mates, casue we are from the same chain of links.

This is purely the way I think...

sboons
02-25-2004, 08:27 PM
1. How to Identify that you met your soul mate?
When u start sharing evrything with a person male/female to such a point that u start commenting about their life too and when u make some decision, when u feel that u need to aks one particular person he/she becomes ur soulmate. U might not have the same interests, but u will both be refelcting each other similar to alterego.. Not necessarily everyone finds their soiulmate. infact many a times, only after a person leaves, u will realise the importance of that particular person..

2. Is this superfical or practical? I'll say it is both.

3. What Life has to do with this? When u have identified ur soulmate, it becomes interesting, sort of dependent and ur not alone facing ur life's challenges....

4. What Love has to do with this? U will definitely love this person.

But in life, as anainar said it is difficult to meet ur soulmate who is ur love, who become ur
husband/wife in ur life...

cheers

boons

anjaligirl
03-23-2004, 06:18 PM
I dont know if anyone here watches dawsons creek but that last episode when they talk about soul mates was really sweet. joey knows that Dawson is her soulmate but she stays with pacey. She know that she can be nothing more to dawson. Does your soul mate have to be you boyfriend

Bluelotus
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
nope ur soul mate doesn't have to be ur boyfriend or husband
(haven't read any of the previous posts ....perhaps I should answetr after it but can't read it all right now)
It can be ur best friend...in fact it's more likely to be ur best friend....in which case if ur boyfriend is ur best friend then he's ur soul mate too.

Have u ever read or watched Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery....I know it's a kiddie book...but do read it...it has the most beautiful description of soul-mates.