PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai Xpress Review

aburvaraagam
04-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Remember all those Kamal comedies? You still laugh whenever it comes on TV, but his latest Mumbai Xpress falls way too short of becoming another laughathon. So if you are expecting the same energy of his earlier comedies then you may be disappointed. But having said that, the film is time-pass though a bumpy ride!
However be warned, technically Mumbai Xpress is tacky as it has been shot on the DV digital format which looks grainy and at times the shots seems to be out-of-focus and dark. If the film was shot in conventional celluloid the graphics and the motor bike effects would have been far superior.

What the film lacks in terms of technical perfection is made up by A- team star cast of Kamal Hassan, Pasupathy, Nassar, Ramesh Aravind and Vayyapuri who have shown great comic timing which works to the advantage to this black comedy.

Avinasi (Kamal Hassan) is a bit of a dull and dumb stuntman who performs in a circus the motor cycle act in Mumbai. He is better known as ‘Mumbai express’ for his dare-devil acts on the bike. But due to his naivety he gets entangled in a kidnap drama staged by his sister (Kovai Sarala), her husband, Chidambaram (Pasupathy), Johnson (Vayyapuri) and a Telugu insurance agent (Ramesh Aravind).

The gang sets out to kidnap a real estate tycoon, Chettiar’s (Santhanabharathy) 10-year-old son but due to various slapstick goof-ups ends with the wrong kid. And the kidnapped kid Daddu (Master Hardik) happens to be the ACP’s (Nassar) illegitimate son of his concubine Ahalya (Manisha Koirala) a former bar dancer.

Well, it is truly confusion confounded and a merry-go-round of mistaken identities seen in Kamal’s earlier comedies. But the biggest drawback of the film is that it drags as the film is too lengthy. Kamal is as usual in his elements and is at ease doing comedy with his quick one-liners. The most commendable performance comes from Nassar and Pasupathy who discovers his comic side and carries the show well.

Ilayaraja’s music is nothing great as there is only one song and a bit of title track. On the whole, if Kamal’s howlarious comedies like Michael Madan Kamarajan, Tenali, Panchatanthiram made you laugh, then probably you may just smile if you board the Mumbai Xpress.

raghu
04-17-2005, 12:38 AM
i saw the movie....as the review said its not as funny as kamals other movies,but worth watching pasupathy has done good comedy.kamal adaki vasichirukaru.......it has got good jokes.which will tickle a laughter

Idiot
04-17-2005, 01:03 AM
raghu which may lead in the race chandramukhi r mumbai xpress?

what is ur opinion?

vbmurali
04-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Of course Chandramukhi

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 08:19 PM

what is ur opinion?

paakalam appu :wink:

Idiot
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM

what is ur opinion?

paakalam appu :wink:

tension avatheenga thala :ahha:

chumma oru general knowledge thaaaan..

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 08:59 PM
chumma oru general knowledge thaaaan..

aiyo appu...

naan tension aagala....naanum pagudiyaa thaan sonaen.... :wink:

Idiot
04-17-2005, 09:04 PM
any feed back for mumbai xpress from ur friends

some saying it is also doing good

but there are lot of problem from PMK side for mumbai xpress it seems

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Friends ellam Nalla irukunnu thaan sonanga iig

wait panninaa thaan theriyum which one is a hit.....

aiyo arasiyal intha comedy padathilum pukithitaangala ......

Idiot
04-17-2005, 09:17 PM
i read in Sify i think kamal has met JJ and she has ordered to arrest everyone who are making problems in cinema theatre in outskirts of chennai.

and also there is some problem with censor board to remove one song it seems..

ferny
04-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Is this a remake of a hollywood flick? Sounds familiar somehow.

Kamal can make even simple scenes comical. Vasool raja was hilarious and not just because of the script or situation but because kamal was there. Hopefully mumbai xpress does well for him.

Ferns

chinglees
04-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Onnum paarkala..apram solren :Ksp:

Idiot
04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
geethamla potachuna.. athaiyum alasi aranchudalaam

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 09:52 PM

seekiram vanthudum no worry....

meanwhile enappa ithu yaaru enna problem paninaalam arresta antha alavukku padathula enappa irukku..... :Ksp:

chinglees
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM

seekiram vanthudum no worry....

meanwhile enappa ithu yaaru enna problem paninaalam arresta antha alavukku padathula enappa irukku..... :Ksp:

Bharani...Nija life'liye sambandam illama arrest pannambodu ...kadaila arrest panna koodada enna?? :P :P (yaara solren purunjurkum :wink: )

Idiot
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
onnum perusa illa..

peru xpressnu solli englishaaa irukam namma thalainga ellam porattam pannuranga

kamal sura tensionaaa irukaru

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 10:28 PM
onnum perusa illa..

peru xpressnu solli englishaaa irukam namma thalainga ellam porattam pannuranga

kamal sura tensionaaa irukaru

chi evlo thaana...naanum enamo ethonnu ninaijaen ...

---> enanga iig evlo neram avatar ethum ilaama iruntheenga ...thideerunnu kamal getupla vanthu kalakureenga.....

bharanishan
04-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Bharani...Nija life'liye sambandam illama arrest pannambodu ...kadaila arrest panna koodada enna?? :P :P (yaara solren purunjurkum :wink: )

aaha enangada ithu arasiyal pesa arambichutaanga .....chinglees ...naama cinemavoda niruthikuvom okva....

raghu
04-17-2005, 10:36 PM
chandramukhium pathutennnnnnnnnn
MXPS and CHMKI rendume nalla odum,no political comments from rajini, he is not dominating the screen jothika has done well.manichitrathaz pathavanga will tend to compare shobanas performance with jothka.nothing compared to shobanas dance.........

goodcomplanboy
04-18-2005, 01:54 AM
no proper review from everyone :( so dont think I will go to the theatre to see this movie. Lets watch it in Geetham :ee:

anainar
04-18-2005, 02:25 AM
GCB, good decision. Why to drive 200-300 miles to watch and then finally bang our heads? நம்ம தலைவர் அணி தலைவி ஷை பார்த்துட் டாங்க சந்திரமுகி யை. அப்புறம் இன்னும் கீதம் பக்கமே வரலை. என்னன்னு தெரியலை. எதுவா இருந்தாலும ் தைரியமா சொல்லுங்கோ டீச்சர்.

Cheers

sri_gan
04-18-2005, 02:39 AM
I saw both the movies in a single shot, Saw the Mumbai Express in Hindi I think i understood most of the part and ofcourse its a full length entertainer.

Lot of people already talked about vande madram song mishap in cassettes, well I guessed it was requirment for a sceen, in screen you will laughing at that sequence.

I definetely liked Mumbai Xpress than ChandraMukhi, but in later vadivelu scores the fun part big time.

chinglees
04-18-2005, 02:47 AM
I saw both the movies in a single shot, Saw the Mumbai Express in Hindi I think i understood most of the part and ofcourse its a full length entertainer.

Lot of people already talked about vande madram song mishap in cassettes, well I guessed it was requirment for a sceen, in screen you will laughing at that sequence.

[highlight=red:e06e67e34f]I definetely liked Mumbai Xpress than ChandraMukhi[/highlight:e06e67e34f], but in later vadivelu scores the fun part big time.

:yes: ide ide ide thaan edir paarthen...

ns80
04-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Sidetrack -->

நம்ம தலைவர் அணி தலைவி ஷை பார்த்துட் டாங்க சந்திரமுகி யை. அப்புறம் இன்னும் கீதம் பக்கமே வரலை. என்னன்னு தெரியலை. எதுவா இருந்தாலும ் தைரியமா சொல்லுங்கோ டீச்சர்.

anainar,
டீச்ச்ர் நேத்தே review எழுதிட்டாங ்க, நீங்க பாக்கலியா :think: சந்திரமுகி : சுட சுட விமர்சனம் thread'a பாருங்க. அங்க போஸ்ட் பன்னிருக்க ாங்க :D :D.

chinglees
04-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Mumbai express kandipaa hit thaan :b: ..Pashupathi vaiyapuri ramesh arvind acting super :clap: :clap: Kamal pathi sollanum avasiyam ila..Avar pola oru nalla actor paarka mudiyaadu.. :sm05: :sm05:.

krishng
04-24-2005, 07:32 PM
mumbaixpress is 1000 times better than chandramukhi for sure..

cheers.

amurugan
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
time pass . Not a good comedy . 80s french comedy style . cant expect commoners to go thru this ride . Too much thought has put into this and has literally made the story drag on . kamal has made wrong choice . too many characters to follow thru . cant expect to make a hit like "rat race" . u cant sell such stuff to south indians . box office average or flop .

Arun

dinesh
05-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I dint really enjoy this one. Kamal comedies only work with spontaneous reactions.....in this one the jokes were few and far between........the only place where are laughed was when Santhanabarathy was trying to follow the arrow to find the rubbish dump :sm12:

Vadivel and Rajini's comedy in Chandramukhi was far better, even though it was a bit crude at times