PDA

View Full Version : Coulda.... Woulda.... Shoulda.....

ferny
04-22-2005, 03:18 AM
If you could go back in time would you still choose the same career path?

Just curious...

Ferns

vasan
04-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Yeah.. yeah.. I love my job... Pity I don't have one.. :( :(

Some other area of research may be... :think: :think:

v- :wink:

ps: One more train from platform 9 3/4.. :P

ns80
04-22-2005, 03:33 AM
i certainly would choose the same career path. perhaps would've done it better if H.G.Ferns wishes to put me on the career time machine ;).

vijitha
04-22-2005, 03:35 AM
yeah i will choose the same path..

i don't know if i love.. what i do.. but i do like it very much..
i am a person .. who get bored of doing the same thing over and over again..
what i do now.. keep me busy...
my job involves.. networking/coding/tech support/posting in geetham :ee:

ferny
04-22-2005, 03:54 AM
if H.G.Ferns wishes to put me on the career time machine

I would if I could...but you would choose the same path...

networking/coding/tech support/posting in geetham

how do you manage it vijitha!! The last part of your job description would keep me busy full time :razz: :ee: You must be the only five year old I know networking and dolling out tech support :wink:

goodcomplanboy
04-22-2005, 04:05 AM
I guess I would have ended up in a completely different proffession. Want to do lots of research related work, but this job of mine makes me talk most of the time rather than doing the job.

But may be wouldnt have been good in that different one. Who knows, this is what I do and kind of happy for the time being :ee:

coolian
04-22-2005, 04:09 AM
Don't really have a job yet :ee: though I did co-op ("intern") last semester. Loved what I did, and I hope I love what I do in the near future. But...if I'm given the chance to go to the moon, I'll risk it all and take it up. There are too many things I wanna do in life and getting out of Earth is one of them :ahha:.

ns80
04-22-2005, 04:16 AM
There are too many things I wanna do in life and getting out of Earth is one of them

then you shoud've accompanied us on the Kids Corner's trip to the moon :ahha:.

coolian
04-22-2005, 04:32 AM
But you kids bite.

prasan8181
04-22-2005, 05:57 AM
But you kids bite.

Haha. Another laugh in the morning.

coolian
04-22-2005, 06:01 AM
How ya doin' Prasanna, not seen you in a while...

prasan8181
04-22-2005, 06:11 AM
How ya doin' Prasanna, not seen you in a while...

Hopefully, good. I am still hanging around geetham, just that dont feel like writing these days. Somedays it is a lot more fun to just sit back and read what you guys write.

anainar
04-22-2005, 12:11 PM
But you kids bite.

Come on cooli, you are better than being a wuss. :ee: :ee:

I would have definitely changed my profession. A lawyer or a Cinematorgrapher may be. But not engineering and not this coding. Not to belittle my current profession that brings the moolah, but if Ferns can put me in a time wrap, what is the harm in trying a different thing?

Cheers

Is this a trick question or a psychic question Ferns? I remember the Psych class the charming Terry Farrel( Reggie Coasta ) of Dr.Becker takes. :sm12: :sm12:

prasan8181
04-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I guess it hardly matters to me what profession I am in. 'Coz I get bored with whatever profession I choose. I prefer to try out a wide range of professions. I would have been an adventurer if I existed a few centuries before. Who knows, I could have discovered America. Well, what is the point in even thinking about what I wish to be anyway.This is the only life I will remember and I will remember it only till I die, which is just another 40 years within which I have no hope that technology will advance enough to find a time machine, so what is the point anyway. Let me make as much as I can while I am alive, here. That is what I say.

Yeah.. yeah.. I love my job... Pity I don't have one.. Sad Sad

Some other area of research may be... Thinking Thinking

Hey V, what research are you doing man? In physics? Well, this is off-topic, may I should have PMed you on this. But then, this is easier.

Narayana
04-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Astronaut!! I'm interested in astronomy. but its all a dream...

ps: One more train from platform 9 3/4.. Razz what?? You are a Potter fan?
--N

san2003
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I would like to change my profession if i can .... im happy with my current profession as i alwiz wanted to be what i am now...an accountant :ee:

but if i get the chance... i would love to be a performer :) i cannot judge myself as how much talent i have... but i love to sing and dance...and i have abit of experience.... i guess its jus not the thing for me i think :)

ferny
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
if I'm given the chance to go to the moon,

Well you aren't hooked into a job yet...blast off dude :)

I remember the Psych class the charming Terry Farrel( Reggie Coasta ) of Dr.Becker takes.

hmmm..:think:..not ringing a bell...

what?? You are a Potter fan?

Yessirie bob...a Potter Maniac same as yourself! :yes:

i would love to be a performer

I used to think that way too...I was serious...until my mom showed me all the other serious wannabe performers strumming their guitars at the train station. More than talent, luck seems to be more important ya? :Ksp:

I would have been an adventurer if I existed a few centuries before. Who knows, I could have discovered America

I bet you would have prasan! Lets say you did...what would you have called the natives...native Indians??

Ferns

coolian
04-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Come on cooli, you are better than being a wuss.
Ouch, that hurt. (:ahha:)

Well you aren't hooked into a job yet...blast off dude
Heheh...a friend of mine just got an internship at NASA, so heck, I might just have that foot in the door :ee:!

But sure, I'd love to have done something different, instead of being a drop in this brown-skinned ocean of computer dudes. Like a pro soccer player. I still dream about that sometimes :-(.

"Aaaaaaand....THERE IT IS!!! Coolian has just completed his magnificent hat-trick!!! India has won the World Cup!!!"

:ee:

dinesh
04-22-2005, 05:29 PM
I am happy with what I am doing now. Wouldn't want to change that :)

prasadvrg
04-24-2005, 11:04 AM
This poll just made me think. Being a confident chef, I am sure I can be a confident lawyer too.
Prasad

sri_gan
04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm happy with what I have right now, If i ever want to change profession I wanted to be a Super Chef or investigative journalist.

mrs_sri_gan
04-24-2005, 02:04 PM
inneram nan mattum intha sri kalyanam pannama irruntha :( .....oru periya level'la actress'a airupen. :ee: ennoda range engaio poirukum.....krishg enna pathi puthu thread'a arambichu nan intha geethame kalaki irrupen...... :sm12:

dinesh
04-24-2005, 02:20 PM
inneram nan mattum intha sri kalyanam pannama irruntha .....oru periya level'la actress'a airupen. ennoda range engaio poirukum.....krishg enna pathi puthu thread'a arambichu nan intha geethame kalaki irrupen......
akka....ithu ungalukke konjam over-aa theriyala... :sm12:

san2003
04-24-2005, 02:46 PM
inneram nan mattum intha sri kalyanam pannama irruntha .....oru periya level'la actress'a airupen. ennoda range engaio poirukum.....krishg enna pathi puthu thread'a arambichu nan intha geethame kalaki irrupen......
akka....ithu ungalukke konjam over-aa theriyala... :sm12:

:lol::lol::lol: .... dinesh.. why MSG cannot be an actress... avangaloda talent kamikae chance illamae poiduchu... pavom MSG ;) hehehe

sri_gan
04-24-2005, 03:28 PM
inneram nan mattum intha sri kalyanam pannama irruntha :( .....oru periya level'la actress'a airupen. :ee: ennoda range engaio poirukum.....krishg enna pathi puthu thread'a arambichu nan intha geethame kalaki irrupen...... :sm12:

:sm18: :sm19: :sm17: :sm15: :p: :sm18: :sm19: :sm17: :sm15: :p:

:sm18: :sm19: :sm17: :sm15: :p: :sm18: :sm19: :sm17: :sm15: :p:

எனக்கு இது தேவைதான்....

இதுக்கு சந்தனம் சப்போர்ட் வேறையா.... தேவுடா தேவுடா...

mrs_sri_gan
04-24-2005, 03:42 PM
enn sri ennaku enna kuraichal?

nalla pacha pasennu.....apple palam mathi irruken :sm12: ennoda friends ellam vanga :sm04: enna oru thadava pathuttu ennaku acting chance kedaikatha sollunga :(

sri_gan
04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
enn sri ennaku enna kuraichal?

nalla pacha pasennu.....apple palam mathi irruken :sm12: ennoda friends ellam vanga :sm04: enna oru thadava pathuttu ennaku acting chance kedaikatha sollunga :(

சரி தாயே நான் ஒத்துக்குற ேன்... நடிகை ஆனதுக்கு அப்புறம் உங்கள நீங்க நடிகை ஆகாட்டி இன்னா பண்ணி இருப்பீங்க னு கேட்டா என்னா சொல்லுவீங் க?

mrs_sri_gan
04-24-2005, 04:03 PM
சரி தாயே நான் ஒத்துக்குற ேன்... நடிகை ஆனதுக்கு அப்புறம் உங்கள நீங்க நடிகை ஆகாட்டி இன்னா பண்ணி இருப்பீங்க னு கேட்டா என்னா சொல்லுவீங் க?

"athuva....athu vanthu...na intha field'kku valana....inneram nala handsome guy pathu marriage panni US settele airupen....ennga appa amma wish kuda athan" http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/5.gif

ferny
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
oooopsies...I have a feeling I have started trouble again......:doh: :oops:

krish...I'm not seeing it..chef >> lawyer...Do you have to win a lot of arguments too?

mrs_sri_gan
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
oooopsies...I have a feeling I have started trouble again...

achoo enna achu ferny...inna troubleu???? :think:

ferny
04-24-2005, 04:48 PM
achoo enna achu ferny...inna troubleu????

if everything is clam in the sri_gan household...ferny is no trouble!

Bluelotus
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
There are millions of other things I would love to do but when all is said and done, there's only one profession I wish to practise.
The grass has always looke slightly greener on the otherside for me but honestly I would be terribly unhappy on all the "othersides".

SO same career, although I'm just a student....
however if given half the chance I would do it all again in a different way..sort of like a different route to reach the same destination.

Ferny,
that is Krishy, it's Prasad. He's a chef.
A good lawyer I suppose would need to prepare well, just like a chef. And presentation whether vocal or visual needs to be convincing and impeccable.

So many ppl are into performing arts.... :think: as a child I loved to take part in tiny tiny class plays
one day I hope to join an amateur drama club....woudl love to be lady macbeth ..even if just for a moment :P

blue.

ferny
04-24-2005, 08:53 PM
oops sorry prasad...I guess your avatar threw me off!

A good lawyer I suppose would need to prepare well, just like a chef. And presentation whether vocal or visual needs to be convincing and impeccable.

:think: :think: ....

I hope to join an amateur drama club....woudl love to be lady macbeth
She would be an interesting character to portray. I would be one of the witches...they have the most fun.

san2003
04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
SO same career, although I'm just a student....
however if given half the chance I would do it all again in a different way..sort of like a different route to reach the same destination.

very interesting point bluey.... being a student can never beat what i am now... being a student is the best career in life for me ;) hehe.... one of my lecturers in uni has been a student all his life too ... well..including lecturing :) ... but he is old and still studyin PhD after havin more than 7 degrees, 4 masters and 2 Phd's :ee:

So many ppl are into performing arts.... :think: as a child I loved to take part in tiny tiny class plays
one day I hope to join an amateur drama club....woudl love to be lady macbeth ..even if just for a moment :P

would love to see u in a play bluey.. im sure u mus be really good :) i think i mentioned about performing as well... i used to be in my school choir for many years.. and i have a big passion for music... :) love to sing and also dance.. well.. im an indian classical dancer... have been dancing all my life... more than 10 years... well.. lost touch.. need to get back to it :) :ee:

blue.[/quote]

prasadvrg
04-27-2005, 07:26 AM
Hello Blue Lotus,
Thanks for the support.

About my Avatar. Isn't he lovely. He is Dhanush and I heard his acting is bad, but atleast he is good looking.

It is true Bluey, You should be able to present well your case, if you want to be a lawyer, just like chef, for whom presentation is important.

Regards, Prasad