PDA

View Full Version : Sachin is a legend, says Viv Richards

aburvaraagam
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar's style of batting got a vote of confidence from West Indies cricketing great Vivian Richards, who said that the Indian ace was batting quite maturely, expected of players of his age.

Tendulkar, who played attacking cricket over the years, had come in for criticism in recent times for a change in batting style which appeared to be defensive.

But Richards said having served Indian cricket for years, Tendulkar had already proved himself to be a legend and it would be very difficult for any other Indian player to match his on-field achievements.

"I read an article just before the Pakistan series where people asked questions about Sachin Tendulkar. I felt that if he leaves cricket right now, he will still remain a legend," Richards told reporters on Friday.

"He is now more into a fortifying role and not flamboyant. But you must respect that he has grown older. He can't always fulfil the things that is expected of him."

Richards, who is here to take part in a charity golf tournament to be played in Gurgaon tomorrow, said the Indian batsman carried the responsibility of the team for a long period with success.

"He carried India's mantle for a long period. He has done his job and has done it well. He may be looking to play the way he started his career, but that is not always possible.

"When you are 21, you are the best, with a perfect sight and good hand-eye co-ordination. At 26, you get a lot of wiser. Tendulkar is now a very matured player."

ferny
04-22-2005, 03:04 PM
"When you are 21, you are the best, with a perfect sight and good hand-eye co-ordination. At 26, you get a lot of wiser. Tendulkar is now a very matured player."

huh? implying that getting wise causes you to loose hand-eye-coord?

Sachin is batting shatting legend fer sure!

Ferns

itechlegend
04-22-2005, 06:57 PM
sachin'num enna mathiri legend ah
wow so chweet...

chinglees
04-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Sir Vivian Richard sollitaanga Tendulkar oru periya legend!! :clap: :clap: ..Adu porum.. :D

itechlegend
04-23-2005, 08:09 PM
illa illa nanum than legend

chinglees
04-23-2005, 08:42 PM
:D :D aamaa idula enna sandegam :b:

emyesbee
04-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Sachin is surely a legend no doubt about that. But I still feel he has so much potential for India but in recent times is curbing his usuall play of attacking cricket for unknown resaons. I think he can be more colorful if we just plays his natural game. For example just see Lara he still plays his natural game and getting so much runs although his team is loosing asusual :)

But I heard Viv Richards added that Sachin is aged now so he can not play attacking (i.e his natural game) any more. That comment is disheartening. I think sachin might have heard these words and will coem out with his usual play. I like him to play his usual game as he use to play in 1997-2003.

itechlegend
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
aamaa idula enna sandegam

than q chingli, itha itha ithathan nan ethirpathen

raghu
04-26-2005, 02:54 PM
sachin is a great player...........as emyesbee said he should play his natural game....