PDA

View Full Version : Buying Movie Tickets in Black

sri_gan
04-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi Everyone-

Latest a vantha new paper seithi.... athule irrunthu intha patti mandratha arambikiren.

சாதாரண நாள்களில் எழுபது ரூபாய்க்கு கிடைக்கும் டிக்கெட் நேற்று விலைபோனது ஐநூறு ரூபாய்க்கு . (கவுண்டரில அல்ல) ஐநூறு ரூபாயை இழக்கிறோம் என்பதைவிட டிக்கெட்டை வாங்கிவிட் டோம் என்கிற மகிழ்ச்சித ான் ஒவ்வொருவர் முகத்திலும ்.

For people who don't know tamizh, The above excrept says A Rs.70 ticket sold for Rs.500 in black.

Thalavar athu ithu ellam irrukattum, Let me come to main discussion point.

Lately you guys know there was heavy bust on illegal video CDs etc... Which is very good, But what about this black tickets which is sold illegally.

Famous actors oda padam veliyachuna there will be special fan's shows, they will distribute ticket for those shows, athai neriya peru miss use pannuratha naan enn experience panni irrukken. I never bought such tickets yet I have seen people buying for huge amounts.

Earlier these thing will not even appear in the news, but nowadays it used as being a part of a movie review.

Athellam vida, some distrubutors and theater owners have a network for people to sell these tickets in black. Counter le 5 hours reservation kku nippom when its your turn they will say no ticket for 1 month and you can see delibrately guys selling these tickets for enormous amount.

Funny thing is I saw this in New Jersey, USA as well, No way nu solliten, patha tickets ellam available than irrunthathu.

Oru illegal activity ya legal panna karanam oru vagaila makkal kuda than every one knows that.

Thats why i have the topic with sharp polls ask for two things:

(1) We need to encourage More.

(2) Like Busting Thiruttu VCD's It must be Busted.

Choose your selection and share your opinion, Itha pathi yaarume ithuvaraikku pesunathu illai, lets try ;).

anainar
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Anne,

It is neither legal nor illegal. It is illegal because the Govt loses the Entertainment tax on the full amount.

If you look at theaters in Maharashtra, they leave it to the theater owners to decide the price, but the theaters have to pay the tax on the full ticket cost. So, when the movie is new, the prices will be 150 Rs in the theater itself but it will go down as days progresses. In Detroit they have something called Dollar theaters. The ticket is only one dollar. But the movies will be 1 year old movies while regular tickets cost 7-10$.

My point is, the prices of the tickets need not be governed by Govt or fixed for the entire tenure of the movie. As long as govt gets the tax money on the tickets, they should keep their mouth shut and not interfere in fixing the ticket cost or making it mandatory for the theaters to keep the cost constant. Let them run the business in the legally profitable way, collect taxes and be done.

Cheers

Priyanka
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Enna ketta theatre poi padam pakkarathe waste of money-nu thaan solluven. :ee: Athuvum theatres ellaam ozhunga maintain pandrathe illai. I mean in India. But Inni nelamai enakku theriyaathu. The last film I saw in theatre was "Mudhalvan" that is 5 to 6 years back. Oru velai ippa ozhunga maintain pandrangalaa theriyaathu.

A/c theatre-la AC podrathu kidaiyaathu. Anavasiyama kaasukuduththu ticket vaangi carbon monoxide inhale panni health kedrathu thaan micchamaagum. Athoda contageous diseases ellaam paravum. So either watch films in TV or in 'Thiruttu VCD' even though the quality may be bad.

So, makkale, black ticket-o white ticket-o... theatre-ku poi panaththaiyum time-aiyum waste pannaama veettula okkaandhu jolly-aa sogusaa padam paarunga. :D

katteri
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with PK except for few theatres most of the theatres looks very bad, bugs in the seat....
I got a black ticket once for Rs200 and saw the movie,,,next day i paid doctor another 100 for the treatment of bug bites....

ns80
04-26-2005, 04:08 PM
As long as movie-goers are willing to shell that amount of money to see that movie in that theater that show and those tickets have been bought from the theater (meaning it is not printed at some press to make it look like the theater's ticket, so people would get the seat they booked for).

I don't agree with moviegoers buying the 'black' ticket and then whining about it. Thats so stupid, you paid for it, nobody forced you to buy the ticket, you wanted to see the movie, you bought the 'black' ticket. it ends there. if a person feels money more important, he would rather boycott the show.

'Black' tickets are just sold for personal monetary gains, the theater is getting money, the government is happy getting the money from the theater. Perhaps 5-10% of the tickets being sold in 'black' would neither affect the people who advance book for a movie nor the people who earn by selling 'black' tickets to the 'movie fanatics'.

Shy
04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
mm...

Why buy black tickets, if u really going to whine abt it later? So its the mass that is so desperate to see the show at the peak time and then why cry that those who sell it is bad?? I dont understand.

I agree with PK except for few theatres most of the theatres looks very bad, bugs in the seat....
I got a black ticket once for Rs200 and saw the movie,,,next day i paid doctor another 100 for the treatment of bug bites....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe true.. but I have gone to theaters in Chennai and in few cities in TN.. They were good and well maintained. PK may be it was then for some theaters which isnt upto the mark, but nowadays its good :b: Chennai guys can point out the good ones with all those digital stuff in them.. Last time I watched spiderman again there ;)...

Also its awesome to watch in theater u know that too back home with the whole crowd :b: :b: :b:

Shy

sri_gan
04-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Why buy black tickets, if u really going to whine abt it later? So its the mass that is so desperate to see the show at the peak time and then why cry that those who sell it is bad?? I dont understand.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. What a film review has to do with the rate of a black ticket?

Black ticket virpanaiyil sarithiram padaithathu ..... *Thonadai varaikkum vanthiruchu, sila peru cry pannuvanganu pakuren..* :sm12:

ns80
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
What a film review has to do with the rate of a black ticket?

andha review'a paathu nariya per padam paaka vara maataangala. anga vara kootatha paathu black ticket vikkaravanga rate'a yetha maataangala :think:

Priyanka
04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Theatre kaarangale yemaatthi black ticket vikkuraanga. Oru padatthukku (I do not remember the movie name) black ticket vaangi pona theatre-la niraiya seats kaaliyaave irundhicchu. Nondhu poittom. I can never forget that experience.

Innuru experience, when I was in Andra black ticket-nu solli modhal naal ticket-ai yemaatthi vitthuttaan. :cry: Andha aalai theatre-la kandupudikkave mudiyalai.

Shy
04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Theatre kaarangale yemaatthi black ticket vikkuraanga. Oru padatthukku (I do not remember the movie name) black ticket vaangi pona theatre-la niraiya seats kaaliyaave irundhicchu. Nondhu poittom. I can never forget that experience.

Innuru experience, when I was in Andra black ticket-nu solli modhal naal ticket-ai yemaatthi vitthuttaan. :cry: Andha aalai theatre-la kandupudikkave mudiyalai.

Was laughing out loud in my office reading this PK... .. that "modhal naal ticket" thaan highlight :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shy

goodcomplanboy
04-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Kind of true in some of the theatres in Chennai. I know a guy who was a manager in one of the famous theatres in chennai, he told me the same. They have their own guys selling it in black for the first few days. So that they earn more money without paying tax. Ithu eppadi irukku.

Innuru experience, when I was in Andra black ticket-nu solli modhal naal ticket-ai yemaatthi vitthuttaan. Andha aalai theatre-la kandupudikkave mudiyalai.

:lol: :lol: ithukku thaan naan black'le ticket vaangrathe kedayathu. Appadi enna avasaram padam paaka :think:

Priyanka
04-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Was laughing out loud in my office reading this PK... .. that "modhal naal ticket" thaan highlight

Ticket mela irundha date-a kooda pakkaama vaangiyirukkom paarunga. Athu thaan comedy-yee. :sm12:

ithukku thaan naan black'le ticket vaangrathe kedayathu. Appadi enna avasaram padam paaka

Actually naanga annikki paakka pona cinema thelungula super dooper hit. "Annamayya"nu sollittu. Naan irundha oorula 1yr. odiththu andh apadam. 1 yr. :00: Athunaala thaan black-la ticket vaangi ponom. Otherwise, we never used to buy tickets in black.

sri_gan
04-26-2005, 07:12 PM

Innuru experience, when I was in Andra black ticket-nu solli modhal naal ticket-ai yemaatthi vitthuttaan. Crying Andha aalai theatre-la kandupudikkave mudiyalai.

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Similar one but a different theater experience:

Enga appavum ammavum pannina oru joke solluren.... enna movie maranthiduchu...

But theater vanthu Kg in Coimbatore, enna panni irrukanga movie le poi padam pathuttu irrunthirukanga... oru rendu peru mattum seat illama torch pottu thedi te irrunthirukanga appuram track panni ketta appo engappavum sandai ellam pottu irrukanga correct seat le than okanthu irrukom nu...

Kadasila interval velila kuppitu irrukanga poi parthe engappa next day kku vangina ticket a motha naal use panni interval varaikku padam pathutanga :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Kadisiya theaterkaran enna solli irrukan nenga rendu perum ippa kelambunga nalliki second half pathukalam nu solli, kadsila appidithan padam pathu irrukanga....

Theater theater than.

Priyanka
04-27-2005, 03:33 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bayangara comedy thaan ponga.

rsivaraman
04-27-2005, 05:12 AM

PK iddhenna neenga LOTR III patthapo naddandhudha.. appadi irrundha.. USlia blackla tickect vanngi paddathuku ponna first person neenga thaan :ahha: :ahha:

-Siva

Priyanka
04-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Aiioooo Shiva! :doh: India-la mean panninen.

Bluelotus
04-30-2005, 07:47 AM
I think it's wrong. Perhaps the theatres should set up some sort of "union" or "watch group" which stops this.
If they are part of the culprits...then yes I expect the govt to step in...

I mean why do it? why buy tickets on the black in the first place?
:00:
jeez pick up the phone reserve that seat in advance :ahha: if you are soo desparate to see it b4 anyone else.
I don't think it's very healthy :?

PK :00: neenga panninghalaaa? why? it was a good movie...but you can see it just that little bit later too :?

blue.