PDA

View Full Version : Sevvel - Review

krishng
05-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Sevvel is another film from Jai Akash assembly of films to launch himself as a big hero. His guts have to be commented as he released this film with three biggies during the Tamil New year weekend. While provision has to be made for suspension of disbelief in popular entertainment, this one stretches belief and endurance too.
Sevvel alias Raja (Jai Akash) mission in life is to vindicate his father’s soiled reputation. Sudalai (Raj Kiran) a village chieftain was humiliated by the cops and he is forced to be a driver of a lady politician.

One day the politician gets killed by her lawyer Parasuram (Kalabhavan Mani) and Sudalai is framed up for the murder by the scheming lawyer. All this happened while our hero Sevvel was a child. Sudalai is imprisoned and mother (Seeta) dies of shock. Sevvel grows up into a brilliant lawyer and the father and son meet without realising their true identity!

How Sevvel takes revenge on on Parasuram and clears his father’s name forms the rest of the predictable yarn. The script is a big let down and the film starts sagging even before interval.

Raj Kiran is repetitive in emotional scenes and Jai Akash has improved in his performance. New girl Misha has nothing much to do. Kalabhavan Mani proves once again that he is good at mimicry. All in all a disappointing venture from a debutant director.

Verdict: Bore

Source: Sify

ns80
05-01-2005, 07:10 PM
indha Jai Akash kitta nariya panam irukka. irundha enta kudukka sollunga ;). edhukku dhaan indha madiri vetti padam ellam edukkuraano :doh:.

krishng
05-01-2005, 07:17 PM
his films until now has not reached the masses. but he is acting in many films. i donno how it is possible. also he is making lots of probs with directors and producers of his films like call sheet probs and he needs highly sophisticated luxurious hotel for staying, etc..

yaanai than thalaila thaaney man alli pottukira kadhai dhaan idhunnu ninaikiren..

cheers.

Priyam2004
05-01-2005, 07:23 PM
The only plus point to this movie is Raj Kiran (cos' he's a great actor)...other than that...this movie isn't worth watching! :snooty:

ns80
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
but he is acting in many films.

ennadhu :00: ivanukku oru padam kooda odina madiri theriyale. idhula ivana vechu nariya padam vera edukkaraangala :00:.

The only plus point to this movie is Raj Kiran (cos' he's a great actor)...other than that...this movie isn't worth watching!

deivame :sm03: indha padathellam eppadi porumaya paakareenga :00:

krishng
05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
The only plus point to this movie is Raj Kiran (cos' he's a great actor)...other than that...this movie isn't worth watching! :snooty:

Neat Priyam, en unga rasanai ippadi poidichu. unga avatarla trisha photo konjam azhaga irukardhaala, ungalukku konjam rasanai irukkunu ninaichen. but ippo prithiviraj, rajkiran ivangala ellam support panni post podereenga.. enna achu ungalukku? :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

cheers.

Priyam2004
05-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Ada kadavule :doh: :doh:

Dear NS & Krish
I said Raj Kiran is a good actor...avar nalla nadipaar nu sonnen...avar parka nalla irupaar nu solla'illai! :?

Actors I like for appearance...there's only three :sm05: ->

http://img112.echo.cx/img112/7260/actor2hq.jpg

And...newly adding to that list...Nithin is cute - that's it! ;) I don't like any other actors & as for Prithviraj...he seems ok...but I haven't seen him on screen yet! :D

krishng
05-02-2005, 09:00 PM
:D neat Priyam.. adhaan yosichen.. en ippadi ayiteengannu. ippo dhaan purinchichu.. thats my bad in understanding..

kool neat Priyam with neat choices..

cheers.