PDA

View Full Version : looking for ph.d in germany

paulraj
05-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi friends

My friend looking for Ph.D position(with funding) in germany in lifescience field.Anyone can tell the vaccany in this filed.He is intrested in doing Ph.D in protein structrual biology(not compuational work) or protein folding or biophysics or biochemistry.He has strong experiance in this filed.

need some guidance.plz

paul

Idiot
05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Wait for few min. Namma experts vandhu answer kodupanga..

Vanga Krish, Bharani..

paulraj
05-02-2005, 04:56 PM
ok iig, looking for experts....

dinesh
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Paul....there are a lot of Germany specific threads here....ahve a read thru..

namma pasanga romba peru germany-la irukaanga...they'll definitly share there thougths...about thi :b:

paulraj
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
yes dinesh i checked those topic.that is not much specific.looking for further assitance like which university has vaccancy etc.,

GoodBoy
05-02-2005, 06:56 PM
hey Paul

Enga universityla biophysics or biochemi PHD position irukunu ninaikiren...nan visarichitu solren...

uni sitela ethukum thedi parunga www.uni-siegen.de

paulraj
05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
hi good,

Thanks .looking for your further info.

with thanks
paul

bharanishan
05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
hi Paul...

i am sure abt the universities that are offering PhD programs in the fields that u specified...

but u can search it from websites like...

www.campus-germany.de
www.daad.de

and this website is a website that is created by one of the student who studied and right now working in germany....really worth visiting for the aspiring students...

http://www.venkatesh.de/educ/educ.htm

u have everythig related to studies in germany in this website....

hope this will really be of great help to u Paul....

if u want more details ...please let me know will help u to the most....

paulraj
05-03-2005, 03:25 PM
hi barani

Thanks for your information.i go through these stuffs and if i need more detail let you know.I will send these inforamtion to my friend and ask him to apply

Thanks to geetham

With thanks
Paul

bharanishan
05-03-2005, 10:57 PM
ur always welcome paul...

meanwhile ur avatar is ultimate----

paulraj
05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
OH.YES I GOT FROM WEB.

GGG
05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Paul, if ur friend is searcing for PhD position in Germany, then just go to google and type science jobs Germany. It will show u the huge list. but select the list which is in the first and that site is from university of heidelberg. In this iste, u can find almost all vacancies in Germany. Dont worry about funding. If a position is there, then it is funded by some means. thats for sure in germany. hope this will help ur friend.

one important thing is that if ur friend is applying from India, then the possiblity of getting some positive response for his application is very less. if ur friend is from IIT or from any german universities, then its perfectly fine.

if u need more details, krish can help u in much better way.

all the best..

Idiot
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM
sorry for the side track: GGG neenga education in germanynu oru research paper pannina nalla irukumae.

paulraj
05-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Thanks GGG for your information.he already started to apply for many universities.

paul

sweetie
08-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Paulraj - Google is always the best way to search for anything. keying in the right search terms may take time to master. Anyways - AFAIK, a couple of *the best* sites for PhD positions in vairous fields and offered at various universities all around Europe are http://jobs.uni-hd.de/sjd-e.html and www.telejob.ch

Also check out naturejobs.com This one also has pretty good number of PhD positions.

These two sites should give you an ample opportunity to make applications. Most of the positions offered at these sites are funded.

But just remember mass mailing usually does not gets you anywhere :) So ask your friend(s) to read the description of the work carefully and then chose to mail your apps :)

Cheers and good luck.

shivadev
08-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I would like to know , about the universities and professors who are working in biomechanics of hip and artificial uterus, in US and in Germany, I am completing my Ph.D this year and would like to go for postdoc, can any one help me by giving the details regarding that? or can you tell me where can I find the details regarding that? for postdoc what is the aid they are giving?
regards,
Shiva..:b:

jaggy4u
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Shiva Doctor aga poringhannu sollungha :) kallakungha :b:

shivadev
08-29-2005, 07:36 AM
hmm appadi than sollikaraangappa velila ;) ennatha kalakkurathu? marunthai thaan kalakkikitu iruken :(

che
08-29-2005, 07:53 AM
hmm appadi than sollikaraangappa velila
அப்புடி போடு அருவாளை

ennatha kalakkurathu? marunthai thaan kalakkikitu iruken
கலக்கப்போற து யாரு நீதான்
நிலைக்கப்ப ோவது யாரு நீதான்
வருந்தி உளைப்பவன் யாரு நீதான்
கடலை போடுவது யாரு அண்ணன் தான்

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - summa vilaiyattukku (jujjulippa)

shivadev
08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
hmmmm
unkita google talk la pesinathu thappa pochu :think: hmmmm....iru iru innaiku night chat varuva illa? vachikaren unakku kacheri....:D :wink: :b:

che
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
hmmmm
unkita google talk la pesinathu thappa pochu hmmmm....iru iru innaiku night chat varuva illa? vachikaren unakku kacheri....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shivadev
08-29-2005, 11:01 AM
டேய்,
எங்க போனாலும் சைடு டிராக் போடறதே பொழப்பா போச்சு, வேற எதுனா உருப்படியா தெரிஞ்சா சொல்லு

che
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
டேய்,
எங்க போனாலும் சைடு டிராக் போடறதே பொழப்பா போச்சு, வேற எதுனா உருப்படியா தெரிஞ்சா சொல்லு

ஓய் Anna இதை நான் வன்மையாக கண்டிக்கிற ேன்.

:nono: :nono:

shivadev
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
hahah nee vanmaiyaana kandi, menmaiyaana kandi....aana ozhunga velaiya paaru, PDF padikarathukku eathuna university site, or prof id kodudaanaa athuvituthu..enna ithellam?? hmmm????? :angry:

che
08-29-2005, 11:54 AM
அதெல்லாம் தெரிந்தால் கொடுக்க மாட்டோமா. தெரியாததால ் தான் இப்படி. :ee: நீங்கள் எங்கள் சங்கத்தை குறை கூறிவிட்டீ ர்கள். இதற்காக எங்கள் தலைவி சுகாவிடம் பகிரங்க மன்னிப்பு கேட்க்க வேண்டும். (சும்மா விளையாட்டு க்கு, இத்துடன் இந்த விளையாட்டை நிறுத்திக் கொள்கிறேன் . :D )

shivadev
08-29-2005, 12:52 PM
சரி சரி அவளையும் இங்க இழுத்து வந்திடாதே, ;) நல்ல காலம் அவளுக்கு தமிழ் படிக்கத்தெ ரியாது :lol: :lol: சரி சரி தெரிஞ்சவங் க யார்னா இருந்தா கேட்டு சொல்லுடா...
அண்ணா..:b:

krishng
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Shiva, if u r looking for PD positions, then you should go in to individual university pages and search for your department and go into the home page of that deaprtment and you can very well find out the positions available in that department. you can search the universities in Germany through google. Or even you can enter through DAAD website www.daad.de

If you need any further help, please let me know about it. I will help you.

cheers.

shivadev
08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Dear Krishng,
Thanks for your kind reply yar, I also tried thru DAAD site, and infact I know DAAD director for India personally, when he came last year to our IIT for a convention of winter academy, I accompanied the scientific counsellor madam.Marya and the Director too for the local site seeing for 3 days here in guwahati, still, I am unable to find the proper way to apply to universities yar, I need to know some good universities which are working in biomechanics of hip joints, like FUB (free univ of berlin) , and uterus transplant , also on artificial uterus, can you please help me??
shiva...:b:

krishng
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Sure shiva. Normally this kind of work has been done in a place called Uniklinikums or technical universities. one such university working in biomechanics is technical university of hamburg harburg. the website is www.tuhh.de i will look into some more details and let u know about it soon shiva.

cheers.

shivadev
08-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks krish,
I am going thru that site yar, bit useful only, but regarding the postdocs they havent mention anything about that? hmmm I think we can apply to the profs directly right? please guide me...
ammaiye appa..:b:

srsenthil
08-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Shiva, www.findapostdoc.com site la search panni parunga. Athula neraya postdoc positions irruku. Appuram, www.jobs.ac.uk is also good.

shivadev
08-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Thank you senthil,
those sites are really helpful, but I am finding only one or two postdoc positions in those sites,can anyone give me a good site which will give more opportunities in pdf please??

srsenthil
08-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Shiva,

The best sites to search postdoc positions are www.newscientist.com, www.nature.com and www.sciencejobs.com. I hope you might have visited these sites. Almost all the pdf positions are advertised in these three sites. As you know only 25% of positions are filled by advertising and the rest 75% is filled by word of mouth it is better to pass your CV to your seniors and friends who are in abroad and ask them to refer your CV to the investigaters.

shivadev
08-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I am the first batch , and I am the first Ph.D from our Institute from our Department yar :( that is the sad thing here, no seniors nothing, I only have to find and help my juniors hereafter :((

vasan
08-30-2005, 03:43 PM
about the universities and professors who are working in biomechanics of hip and artificial uterus, in US

Shiva,

Congratulations on your PhD.

I don't know any universities in particular who might be working on your areas of interest. But it should be easy for you to figure it out. You know the best research institutions, good profs who have been publishing quite a bit of work in your field. In fact, you are the best resource in this field (unless there is some one in Geetham who also works exactly on the same field, for a prof who happens to have a million dollar grant and is looking for post docs..!!)..

If some one is publishing good papers, and in high volume, he/she definitely has tons of money. And all schools and profs in US have a webpage - and its not very hard to search and see how many want post docs. Often though, they may not say so on the web - but if you write to them, they will consider.

Generally speaking post doc committments are very expensive for profs, so look at well to do schools, rather than some obscure places and you will be fine.

Best,

Vasan

krishng
08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Shiva, innum niraya website irukku. When I find time, I will try to get that one and post it here for u.. please give me sometime..

cheers.

shivadev
08-31-2005, 04:57 AM
sure sure,
thanks senthil, thanks for your helping hand :)
shiva.

sweetie
09-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Shiva -

Generally for postdoc, you have to find out the labs that are working in your specific area of interest and apply to that particular scientist or lab head directly.

How to find out the labs is your job - meaning, when you are saying you are completing your PhD, by now you should be knowing the labs around the world which are working in your area of interest. Even otherwise, a simple google search with the subject or area of interest as key words should take you to the labs of interest.

Next, postdoc announcements are mostly posted in journal websites - say in NatureJobs or Science Jobs etc.

Otherwise, some labs announce openings for postdoc in their personal lab webpages, in which case, you have to spend time going through the webpages with patience and then applying whereever it interests you and where there is a position.

Innum simple aa sollanum na, inge geetham la "give me a website.... tell me a website for postdoc" nu 20 messages adichuttu inga irukkira time la, you could very well have gone through atleast 5 labs sites or gone through atleast 5 pages of postdoc announcements in NatureJobs :-) *No offence here*

Finally, there are many many labs that do not announce postdoc positions at all.

You have to talk with your labs of interest and the scientists directly, saying that you are interested and would like towards your postdoc in that lab, and then that scientist will let you know if he is interested or if he will be able to take u as a postdoc etc etc.

AFAIK - in biological / biomedical research, this is the most predominant mode of entry for good quality PhD students as postdocs.

Good luck.

vasan
09-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Hiya Sweetie.. :)

Long time no see? :P Hope all is well.. :b:

Vasan

shivadev
09-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Thank you sweetie madam,
I got a response already from northern university , chicago, that prof says, he is anticipating a grant from the Govt in the begining of 2006 and asked me to contact that time, meanwhile if I get a good place I can join there na? thats why I am asking here , since here most of the people are from US, they may know their respective univesities , and if by seeing my query , if they go thru their labs, this also may give me a help na? thats why, anyway thanks for your suggestions mam :) good day...
shiva..

krishng
09-07-2005, 09:53 AM
oh good luck Shiva. I will also try to get some info if it is needed.

cheers.

shivadev
09-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Please do that for me krishn,
really I am in the need of this, in this time, please try to find a good postdoc position for me yar..
cheers,
shiva :b:

krishng
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
will try to do that for u during this weekend shiva..

cheers.

shivadev
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Thank you krish :b:
yesterday I did not login to geetham, so was unable to reply you, thanks buddy, anticipating your reply with your valuable references :)
shiva...:b: