PDA

View Full Version : Your preferences in IDLI-s

arumugam57
09-26-2003, 05:30 PM
I would like your preferences please. It will help me.

when you eat iddilis, you like

1. Vengaya sambar
2. Thengai chutni
3. Gotsu
4. Milagai podi
5. Sugar and ghee
6. Some thing else

Please let me know.

Also when I have the above I would like:

1. coffee
2. Tea
3. some thing else

Thanks

dinesh
09-26-2003, 06:09 PM
why do you want to know this? :)

anyway....my choice is 2.....I don't really like Idly much anyway....

arumugam57
09-26-2003, 06:13 PM
My friend is starting an south indian resto in canada.. So..

sri_gan
09-26-2003, 06:17 PM
I like 1 2 3 and water.

dinesh
09-26-2003, 06:19 PM
yeah....water is the best choice after having meals....especially our type of meals....which are very spicy
I do remember reading somewhere that drinking tea/coffee within an hour of having meals will reduce the nutrition that can be absorbed from the food.

vennai1
09-26-2003, 06:40 PM
I want 124 with my favorite idlis... ;)

already, my mouth is salivating ... ;) ;)

dei yaarange... soodaa oru cup coffee konduvaa man... ;) ;)

priyarock
09-28-2003, 04:05 PM
IDLI with chicken kurma...nothing in the world can beat it :D :D :b:

kasthuri
09-28-2003, 04:22 PM
priya is a vegetarian name. You take non-veg? very bad very bad.
non veg will decrease the chances of becoming mother. please take care priya. please don't think i am a small girl don't know anythintg. i know you are making fun of me with dinesh. but i won't care. i like ragging and love being ragged.

priyarock
09-28-2003, 04:59 PM
hi kas,

Thanks for ur great suggestion. But do u think about the rest of the western population of the world.....do you know that they consume meat everyday ? You mean to say that they dont have babies. Anyway...i dont much about others advice.

here in geetham there is no ragging( if there is, then everyone rags every body ),..just for fun yaar..so cool it !!

BTW are there any classifications as Veg-names and Non-veg names ?? :think: :think: :think:

cheers :b: :wink:

dinesh
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
hey kasthuri.......i wasn't making fun of you......it all part of the fun here......anyway don't take any offence of my rantings.......and a very warm welcome to you from Geetham.... :b:

hey....BTW...I've got some questions for you....

non veg will decrease the chances of becoming mother

Is there any proof for these.......there are millions of mother in western countries and most of them eat non-veg.....?????

sri_gan
09-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Shiva Shiva, Idili kku preference sollungappa na inga patti mandram naduthurengale..... Avanga avnga preference avangavangalukka avlothan...

priyarock
09-28-2003, 08:55 PM
Guys i dunno why KASTHURI got so much offended....I did`nt mean to offend her in anyway..KAS COOL DOWN YAAR..this is not a place to start a fight ..( WE all already had enough of it some days before )..cheer UP :b: :b: :b: :b: :b:

kasthuri
09-28-2003, 10:30 PM
dinesh. i won't give proof to you. i don't want to talk with you. don't you have any sister or girl friend? and go ask her how she feel if one guy eve-teases her. really i am feeling bad. no one is supporting me and giving friendly welcome.

priya i thought you are a good girl and you toooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

priyarock
09-28-2003, 11:22 PM
AIYAHOOOOOO !!!!!!!! KASUTRI ......here nobody is offending you yaar ..why are you so TENSION PARTY ??? Morever eve teasing !!!!!! Iam damn sure that no member of geetham would have done such a thing... DOnT`take all words offensive yaar..cool down

dinesh
09-28-2003, 11:38 PM
eve-teases

what do you mean eve-teasing?????.....don't you EVER accuse me of doing that..... it was you who started everything....now you accuse me.....intha velayaatukku naan varalaippa.....

i don't want to talk with you

oh come on......cool down for god's sake....i've already asked you not to take any offence.....

don't you have any sister or girl friend

unfortunately...I have neither.....and even if I had them I don't think they'll have any influence over me....

bhuvana
09-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Idlikkum chutneykkum sandai vandada?
choice is 1 & 2
idly with sambhar & chutney=good combination
finally coffee....
:sm10: :sm10: :sm10:

aburvaraagam
09-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Idliku sambar chutney and molagapodi good combination

vasan
09-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Actually all this combination is good. You might want to add

pudina (mint) chutney, and cilantro chutney as well (for the strictly veg people)

Madras'la Ponnusamy innu oru hotel irukku.. idly with mutton korma, super-ah irrukkum... (reason: idly is non-spicy, steamed food, goes great with bit of spicy curry.. oh, well, I am guessing, here!!)

good luck on the restaurant...

ps: yennoada name note pannikkunga... vandha suda suda idly tharanum..

arumugam57
09-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Ponnu Samy Hotel Address please.

sri_gan
09-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Vasu Vayala echil oooooraaaa vaikiriye ya.... Dream pannave nalla irruke ... Neru la kedacha....

vennai1
09-30-2003, 06:32 PM
sri_gan,

I think we have to have a size limit for signature too ;) ;)

sri_gan
09-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Vennai,

Size kule naan solla vendiyathai sollitane... Yes it bounced me once, so I sacrificed some one thought.. change is a constant illaya....

vasan
09-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Ponnu Samy Hotel Address please.

PONNUSAMY HOTEL , 55/1 Gowdia Mutt Rd Royapettah 600 014

Madras vittu vandhu romba naal aiyittudhu... ippo quality low-innu kelvi patten... chumma try panni parunga...

indha reviews paarunga..

http://www.mouthshut.com/readproduct.php?cid=925037340&r=1

bon apetit..

priyarock
09-30-2003, 10:40 PM
I had been to ponnusamy hotel... The hotel serves really spicy and delicious dishes....when you guys visit chennai...try to lunch in ponnusamy`s..you will never regret it at all -...... :b: :b: :b: :b:

arumugam57
09-30-2003, 11:09 PM
What do you say priya?. Your home is just opposite. And how you are expecting everyone will go to Ponnu Samy hotel then?.

Five Star Hotel (Free of Charge Also) irukka No Star Hotel etharku?.

No way. I will never think about ponnu samy hotel then.

P.S: Please don't give your personal details in public forum ammini. I am a good guy. But others?. You are a young energetic girl. Athuvum tamil girl. So it is not good. Hope u understand.

vennai1
09-30-2003, 11:28 PM
i have never been to this hotel...because everyone says a lot

i will go next time.

6face... what personal detail has priya given man??
enna mubaa ;)

dinesh
09-30-2003, 11:32 PM
I am a good guy

solluveengayyaa solluveenga....... :)

arumugam57
09-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Vennai.. You are 200 years back...always..

Onnum Illey.. Namma ponnugalai kakka vendiyathu namma kadamai illiya? Suppose you are going with your class mate (girl) in a Townbus. Appa yaravathu antha ammini kitte kindal panninaa nee summa irup piyaa?

Athu mathiri thaan ithuvum..

I know you didn't get anything. Go and watch 16 vayathinile and cook rawa upma and offer it to a dog. Then you will understand fully. Cheers.

dinesh
10-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Appa yaravathu antha ammini kitte kindal panninaa nee summa irup piyaa?

naan sathiyama summa iruppen......oru thadavai pattathe pothum raasaa.....
this was back in SL around 5-6 yrs back.....we were coming after school.....and saw a guy trying to 'kindal' a girl who was also in the same batch as us......so we 'heroically' jumped in....only to be scolded by the girl.....'avan ennata thaney vambu panraan.....ungada velaya pathuttu pongada'......so we had to retreat..... :(

vennai1
10-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Vennai.. You are 200 years back...always..

Onnum Illey.. Namma ponnugalai kakka vendiyathu namma kadamai illiya? Suppose you are going with your class mate (girl) in a Townbus. Appa yaravathu antha ammini kitte kindal panninaa nee summa irup piyaa?

Athu mathiri thaan ithuvum..

I know you didn't get anything. Go and watch 16 vayathinile and cook rawa upma and offer it to a dog. Then you will understand fully. Cheers.

dei... kainaattu podaravan kitta poi
spelling ketta mathiri illa irukku ithu... ;)

ada paavi... i dont underwear anything...

aannaa onnu... i desire to eat uppuma now... because of you... :cry:

dinesh
10-01-2003, 12:07 AM
uppuma

mmmmm.....uppumaa..... *drools*
with ghee and fried dried chillies........ *drools more and goes for a pizza instead*

ls
10-01-2003, 12:59 AM
1. vengaya sambar &
2. Chutney....( thengai and some karam)

and
Coffee

kasthuri
10-01-2003, 07:53 AM
umaa? you umaa baby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sri_gan
10-01-2003, 10:16 AM
umaa? you umaa baby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nenga ithelam forumle panna kudathu.

Idilikku preference enna nu mattum sollunga....

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:28 PM
idli tastes nice with fresh seasoned thengai chatni + hot hot thakkali chatni

and a touch of strong coffee with more sugar would be an excellent combi!!!

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:30 PM
what i mentioned was for breakfast
at night times try it with a bit of THAYIR and (seasoned) THAKKALI CHATNI / THAYIR and MILAGAI PODI (it will be good if garlic is added in podi)

no accompaniments other than chilled water

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
idli if you are packing for lunch or picnic do it with milagai podi that has a lot of lentils and less / no garlic
and lots of oil
before putting podi on idli try pouring some oil, then spread podi and pour some more oil, this helps keep idli soft!!!

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:32 PM
if it is a sunny day start the day with idli and VENGAYA SAMBAR, u will feel less thirsty.

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:35 PM
try seasoning yesterdays idli with mustard seeds, green chillies (they give a great aroma) and lot of 'split uzhutham paruppu'. and add milagai podi now, spray some oil and now taste this on a rainy day, piping hot - right from stove and after finishing have a tea and see how u feel

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:36 PM
but AAAAAArumugam ithellam paarthu romba varusham aachu, yen pa gnyabagapaduthareenga :cry:

arumugam57
10-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Chandyaaji..
Ungalukkagave thaniyaa "KALYANA SAMAYAL SADHAM" NU ORU SECTION AARAMBIKKALAMA?

Evlo messages? :00::00::00::00::00::00::00::0 0::00::00::00::00::00:

sweetie
10-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Adie adei.... inga IDLI SAMBAR VADA DOSAI ithu ellam enna ne gnyaabagam illaatha maathiri irukku... innum ennada atha pathi pesi tension panreengha ????

ithula vera IDLI KKU SEASONING KEKKUTHA ????? Ellam neram... ordinary Idli kidaikkirathe illa... season panna Idli kku enga porathu ??? :( :(

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Chandyaaji..
Ungalukkagave thaniyaa "KALYANA SAMAYAL SADHAM" NU ORU SECTION AARAMBIKKALAMA?

Evlo messages? :00::00::00::00::00::00::00::0 0::00::00::00::00::00:

neenga thaana preference kettinga :fight:

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:50 PM
anyway add one more to your menu.
i saw someone mentioning pudina chatni, when doing it normally for house purpose they add only tamarind and green chillies,

but for dosai, it tastes good when u add some roasted lentils to it and less of tamarind. (if possible try a little coconut, but it wont stay long but for winters, anyway i do not know how the climate is in US)

BUT WITH ALL pudhina chatni PLZZZZZZZZZ add some fresh coriander, it adds to the taste!!!

anainar
try seasoning yesterdays idli with mustard seeds, green chillies (they give a great aroma) and lot of 'split uzhutham paruppu'. and add milagai podi now, spray some oil and now taste this on a rainy day, piping hot - right from stove and after finishing have a tea and see how u feel

Aiyooo! Ithellma solli naakilay echi ooruthey! Yennoda neram, me having cornfalkes for breakfast everyday. :cry: :( :cry:

No cheers, only crying :cry:

sandhiya_ch
SIDE TIP: if thengai chatni is prepared in very large quantities, try adding very small quantities of oil roasted asafoetida

sandhiya_ch
10-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Aiyooo! Ithellma solli naakilay echi ooruthey! Yennoda neram, me having cornfalkes for breakfast everyday. :cry: :( :cry:

No cheers, only tears :cry:

ORE SUGGESTION AAAAAARUMUGAM
why cant a separate page be opened for such people who are away from home and want to pour out their heart ABOUT HOME SWEET HOME :think:

arumugam57
10-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Ok Chandiyaa!! Please open one page. I want to share some of my experiences in cooking.
Thanks.

anainar
10-07-2003, 02:31 PM

No cheers, only tears :cry:

ORE SUGGESTION AAAAAARUMUGAM
why cant a separate page be opened for such people who are away from home and want to pour out their heart ABOUT HOME SWEET HOME :think:

Pannunga Sandy, aana call that page as pulambal :cry: The topic will have only pulambals by people who are away from home, yearning for the care of mother or wife.

I am reminded of my mother who will make nice idly with Thakkali chuntney! When ever I visit home she makes it with so much love and feeds me, that I keep eating idlies after idlies. Appdiyay pogum ullay. Aana, now I can only remember those moments. :cry: :cry: She passed away in 2001 am still to come terms with her loss, even though I used to visit her only 3-4 times years.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

vennai1
10-07-2003, 07:33 PM
sorry to hear that aiyyanaar. Be strong! :b:

I wish atleast you get to taste idlis made by your pondaati. :)

anainar
10-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Vennai,

Enna thaan pondatti pannaalum amma pannina idly maathiri varavey varaathu. That is an interesting topic. Wife normally has expectations and demands. But mother, does not demand anything. She only gives you love. Expectations illaatha uravunna, ammavai sollalaam. There could be a few expectations, but not meeting the expectation does not make the amma get angry.

Amma entralaikkaatha uyirillayaay
Ammavai vanangaathu uyarvillayay
Neril nintru pesum theiyvam
Petra thaayantri veringu yethu...

Amma, I miss you so much :cry: :cry: :cry:

vennai1
10-07-2003, 07:49 PM
aiyaanar,

thalaivar paatu vera... athuvum ammava pathi

sooper paattu vera...

feeling-aa irukku paa...

:cry: :cry:

anainar
10-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah, that song is so good and Yesudas sings it with so much emotion. Everytime I hear that song, I think of my mom and the best moments we had. Romba feelingaana paatu athu.

Nainar

aburvaraagam
10-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Vennai,

Enna thaan pondatti pannaalum amma pannina idly maathiri varavey varaathu. That is an interesting topic. Wife normally has expectations and demands. But mother, does not demand anything. She only gives you love. Expectations illaatha uravunna, ammavai sollalaam. There could be a few expectations, but not meeting the expectation does not make the amma get angry.

Amma entralaikkaatha uyirillayaay
Ammavai vanangaathu uyarvillayay
Neril nintru pesum theiyvam
Petra thaayantri veringu yethu...

Amma, I miss you so much :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ennapa ippadi sollite,manaiviyum oru vidhathula thaai thaane pa. Olagathula expectations illadha aal yaaru sollu,ammakum expectations irukkum,ennanu pasanga ennaikum paasama irukanamnu.So expectations irukardhula thappe illai. Sari vera edho topic porena.

Idli nalla softa varanamna maavu araikum podhu water konjam jaasthiya vittu arainga,otherwise u can also add ice cubes.

:b:

anainar
10-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Vasan, Thanni jaasthi aayiduchunna idly will become flat. So, athu oru periya technology to decide the amount of water and rice and uzhuntham paruppu. While grinding also, the timings are a bit different between idly maavu and dosai maavu. Ithellam ennoda amma solli kuduthaanga, but me forgotten everything.

Ayya maarey, Amma maarey, Yaaravathu ratio kanakku sollunga please.

Cheers

aburvaraagam
10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
for Idli parboiled rice 3cups(puzhungal arisi) n Ulundhu 1cup,while grinding ulundhu add more water or ice cubes.

vasan
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Vasan, Thanni jaasthi aayiduchunna idly will become flat. So, athu oru periya technology to decide the amount of water and rice and uzhuntham paruppu. While grinding also, the timings are a bit different between idly maavu and dosai maavu. Ithellam ennoda amma solli kuduthaanga, but me forgotten everything.

Ayya maarey, Amma maarey, Yaaravathu ratio kanakku sollunga please.

Cheers

sir,

thanni jaasthi vida sonnathu sivakumar... hee.. hee.. sorry...

namakku nalla vayir romba sapittuthan palakkam... adhanala thaan ippo ipadi pesi, yosichittu kidakirom... at least yen soga kadhai idhu... :)

mm...

sathy
10-08-2003, 12:23 AM
sambar idly vadai.... ultimate combo (put idly & vadai in a bowl and pour sambar on its head and immerse)
verum idly with sambar, coconut chuttney, onion chuttney... standard one, favourite of many

my favourite is sambar idly and idly with chicken kuruma or aatukaal paiya... (if your friend is intended to open a non-veg hotel, consider this)

arumugam ippadi oru topic potu kunnuku muna chakaram sutha veikaringa :ee:

sandiya seems to be a great cook. neriya tips tharanga. time to open a cookbook section too :D

i'm already getting hungry. i miss my favourite dishes :(

sandhiya_ch
10-11-2003, 01:09 PM
for Idli parboiled rice 3cups(puzhungal arisi) n Ulundhu 1cup,while grinding ulundhu add more water or ice cubes.

for dosai you can add good amount of water while grinding rice itself :cool:
for dosai add a bit of mustard (vendhayam) oru 3 table spoon, for idli add 2 table spoon, as mustard makes your dosa muru muru :ahha:

sandhiya_ch
10-11-2003, 01:11 PM
sandiya seems to be a great cook. neriya tips tharanga. time to open a cookbook section too :D

i'm already getting hungry. i miss my favourite dishes :(

sathy naan good cook illa, good EATER. nalla nakku rusiya saapittu pazhagi, ippa breadum pizzavum saapidum appavi naan :( :( :(

arumugam57
10-11-2003, 02:48 PM
En? Ange englandle idli satty illiyaa?

sandhiya_ch
10-11-2003, 02:59 PM

AAAAAArumugam yaaru england la irukka

sri_gan
10-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Seri engiyo irrukenga anga idili satty irruka illaya?

sandhiya_ch
10-11-2003, 03:05 PM
illa pa illa idli paarthu 4 varusham aachu, veedayum paarthu thaan

sri_gan
10-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Thats so sad 4 years rombe athingam.

But there are mircowave idili sattys available. Naan athu than vachirruken, appuram i use ragi idili mixes. Normal idili mixes vida ragi idili mix nalla varum.

arumugam57
10-11-2003, 03:20 PM
GB = Great Briton Illiya?
Adap pavame? My GK is that much poor or what?
I think sandyaa is making fun of mee.. :ee::ee::ee:

anainar
10-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Aama, I get frozen idly here. Illaatah oorukku ilupai poo sarkarai nnu oru pazhamozhi solluvaanga. Antha maathiri, naama irukkira coutryla frozen idly thaan. In my next trip to India, I am planning to get a table top grinder and make fresh fresh idly. Amma maathiri illaatulum, we can make better idlies than frozen ones.

Cheers, waiting for idlies

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 10:09 AM
GB = Great Briton Illiya?
Adap pavame? My GK is that much poor or what?
I think sandyaa is making fun of mee.. :ee::ee::ee:

ammam GB = Great Britain thaan, aanaa oor oora alaiyarein inni varaikkum inga idli mix naan paarkave illa pa, and intha egg poachers la idli senja athu idli mathiriye illa :doh:

arumugam57
10-13-2003, 10:16 AM
AAAAAArumugam yaaru england la irukka

If GB= Great Britan then you are from England Only.
Ennaya emaatha mudiyathu.. SOrry.
Cheers.

dinesh
10-13-2003, 10:31 AM
ammam GB = Great Britain thaan, aanaa oor oora alaiyarein inni varaikkum inga idli mix naan paarkave illa pa, and intha egg poachers la idli senja athu idli mathiriye illa

Idli mix and various other tamil food items can be bought from Tamil shops in Eastham, Tooting, Lewisham etc...these are all towns in London...

GB= Great Britan then you are from England Only

GB consists of Engalnd, Scotland and Wales. So saying GB does not have to mean England.

arumugam57
10-13-2003, 10:42 AM
See.. Usually we should not leave out the users info.

But I am curious about one detail.
Shidinesh!! in which country South Yorkshire is situated.

Thats it..
:ee::ee::ee:

dinesh
10-13-2003, 11:50 AM
It is in Yorkshire, England.

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 12:04 PM

Shidinesh!! in which country Yorkshire is situated.

Thats it..

aaaaaarumugam too bad to reveal such details :sm18:
:? :evil: :evil: :nono:

but how did u get it :think:
and that too in such public

INTHA ANIYAYATHAI KEKKA AALE ILLAYA NANBA SRIGAN :cry: :cry: :cry:

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 12:07 PM
:ush:

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
A PERSONAL MESSAGE ---------- FOR AAAAAARUMUGAM
(SORRY FOR USING THIS SPACE)
YEN KAIYILA NEENGA KIDACHINGANNA
:sm20:
ANTHA COMPUTERKU PADHIL NEENGA THAAN IRUPPENGA AND MUCH MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

dinesh
10-13-2003, 12:24 PM
arumugam...it is not good to reveal private info in public....so it'll be better if you can remove it.....

sandhiya : he got it by tracing the IP address of the machine which connects to Geetham. Any member's IP can be read by moderators when they connect to geetham servers.

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 12:32 PM
NANRI SHIDINESH

arumugam57
10-13-2003, 12:47 PM
YEN KAIYILA NEENGA KIDACHINGANNA
:sm20:
ANTHA COMPUTERKU PADHIL NEENGA THAAN IRUPPENGA AND MUCH MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
http://www.access.wvu.edu/labs/cry.gif

sandhiya_ch
10-13-2003, 12:54 PM
aaaaaarumugam anyway thank you :clap:

sri_gan
10-13-2003, 01:39 PM

Shidinesh!! in which country Yorkshire is situated.

Thats it..

aaaaaarumugam too bad to reveal such details :sm18:
:? :evil: :evil: :nono:

but how did u get it :think:
and that too in such public

INTHA ANIYAYATHAI KEKKA AALE ILLAYA NANBA SRIGAN :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't worry Sandhiya, thats called the Z power in Aaru's terms. To be honest it is not good practice to reveal the details collected. It will freak the people out.

But i think 6face is doing for fun, If you feel little worried, send him a request. There are piece of softwares called NeoTrace etc.. They will pin point everything.

I think we can remove those informations which i see in above posts. Even this too.

arumugam57
10-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Yoov..
Enna maati vidriyaa?

I am not using any Z power.
Did I say anything about the user and gave the users info.
No..No..
Just I asked about one university to shidinesh.

This chandya only shouted "எங்கப்பா குதிருக்கு ள் இல்லெய் ""எங்கப்பா குதிருக்கு ள் இல்லெய் ""எங்கப்பா குதிருக்கு ள் இல்லெய் ".

What i can do.

Now I edited all posts including her posts . How is this? :wink:

Cheers.

anainar
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Aama, what is this all fuss about? What can be done with IP address which anyway anyone with packet sniffing tools can get? If you are in dialup or DHCP your IP address will keep changing everytime you login. If you are in a university,there will be firewalls which can prevent fraudulent usage. That way every website you visit keep track of your IP address and they notify the site owner of the visiting IP address. There is nothing big that can be done with just IP address.

So dont worry Sandy. Aana have my full support for hitting 6Face, but not for this reason. Vera neriya reason irukku 6Facei mothurathukku.

Cheers.

sri_gan
10-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Naan ennathukku matti vidanum... Amma appadiye naan matti vittalum unakka thappika theriyathu... Arumuga, vadivela... enna thiruvilyadal ithu .. :lol: ice vaikirana...

Itha tamizh font ennaku seriya theriyala, i got to see that from home athuvarikkum edit pannathe.. ethaium...

I didn't mean to offend you aaru... I once had a experience similar to this... But that was totally different issue. I might not be surprised if you reveal my information closer enough, for a normal user thats like watching them.

And Internet is so popular 'cause of only reason and you know it.

I'm apologize if my words offended you in any way.

arumugam57
10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Sri..

If you have problems viewing tamil fonts used
here in www.geetham.net, please download
the Tamil unicode font from here...

http://www.suratha.com/tau1_bar.ttf

sri_gan
10-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Sri..

If you have problems viewing tamil fonts used
here in www.geetham.net, please download
the Tamil unicode font from here...

http://www.suratha.com/tau1_bar.ttf

Thats already Installed in my machine and it is not working with windows2000 for some reason. Specifically the words with ai, It is showing like below. I will try to bring a snap shot. wait.

Teena
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Idli always go well with

Sambar&coconut chutney
Tomato chutney
Peanut chutney
Corainder chutney
Mint chutney
Milagai chutney
or
either with coriander,mint,tomato u need to add more karam and this is very famous in tamilnadu restaurants. :b:

sri_gan
10-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Ok Sivam back on track... There is a recipe section enjoy Geetham Receipes....

Teena
10-20-2003, 06:48 PM
I don't find any where geetham recepies........so where is it?help me to find out.

sri_gan
10-20-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't find any where geetham recepies........so where is it?help me to find out.

Enjoy Geetham Recipes at

http://www.geetham.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=41

Note: You have to watch for the greens ( you can try this recipe) so that you can try at home .. ok va...

Enjoy...

muralipr
10-28-2003, 07:53 PM
1 , 2 , 4 and chicken or mutton kulambu will be good with idlis

vedha79
11-07-2003, 05:08 PM
i prefer vengaya sambar n thangai chutney wiht idli.

thats the best combi for idli.

i don't prefer coffe or tea water is best but mostly people prefer coffee.

Minik
11-09-2003, 09:06 PM
i like idli and sambhar. wow. en navil iruthe water varuthe. athe ninekum podu.

vennai1
11-10-2003, 09:34 PM
minikk,

unda avatoril ulla vittam perutha magal yaaro? :think: :P

unda photo thaan endraal manniyungal :pray:

vasan
11-10-2003, 09:42 PM
sridevi - da, vennai.. manjula/vijayakumar -in kadasi vaarisu...

recent-ah yendha padumum paarkavillaiya? madhavan/jyothika/sridevi naditha priyamana thozhi innu oru kadi padam vandhadhey, nyabagam irrukka? andha ponnu..

minikk yaarunnu theriyaadhu... :) adhu avanga thaan sollanum ... :)

vennai1
11-10-2003, 09:46 PM
sridevi-aa?? sorry vasan... vilangavillai... :(

kadi padangalai naan paarpathillai... athaan... ;)

thanks for inparmesan though ;)

neengal sonnavudan thaan vilanguthu ... :P

sridevi avanga ammaa manjula maari irukaanga.. :b:

vasan
11-10-2003, 09:55 PM
dei...

yenna puratchi thalaivar padam yellam nyabagam vaarutha??

priyamana thozhi naanum paarkavillai.. adhellam paarkum alavukku, nenjil thairiyam kidaiyaathu.. :) sema kadinnu kelvi paatten...

sabeshan
11-10-2003, 09:58 PM
ennai poruththa varai idli naa molaga podi+ennai combo thaan best... adhukku aprom thaan sambar... then we can go for thengai chutney too but nothing to beat the deadly combo of molaga podi+ennai!!!

butterfly
11-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Hi all,
wats Gotsu???

sri_gan
11-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Hi all,
wats Gotsu???

Its made with cooked brinjal and potatoes

dinesh
11-11-2003, 02:18 AM

never heard about it.....is it a South Indian dish?

sri_gan
11-11-2003, 02:43 AM

never heard about it.....is it a South Indian dish?

Yes South Indian, may be you heard in a different name.

You can hear this is some Chennai hotels.

butterfly
11-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Thanks Sri...for explaining...well for me I like idli with cocunut chutney....water to go with it

sabeshan
11-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Gotsu is a Telugu word I think... It is common in Brahmin housholds...

silican
11-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Gosthu (also known as Gotsu)is a wonderful tasty dish made in South India. Mostly southern part of TamilNadu.
Its primary ingredients are Brinjal and Dhaniya( Kotha-malli seeds) with Puli.

Its a traditional side-dish served with IDly in marriages in Chidambaran,seerkaazhi,Mannark udi,Kumbakonam,Trichy,Thanjavu r Dt.

Silican

dinesh
11-15-2003, 12:49 AM
I should visit India some day......just to eat.....(I love eating BTW)....
:)

silican
11-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Enna pa kadaseela namma "Kadappa"va vittuttengale...
BTW Kadappa is also a side-dish..for Idly..Its almost like Sambhar.But its not that concentrated as sambhar.

Silican

sabeshan
11-15-2003, 02:07 AM
It appears as if Kadappa is similar to Gotsu... not much of a difference as Gotsu is also a thinner version of sambaar

bhagavathar
11-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Naan Indiavil irrukkum pothu Sundayvil Enoidya Amma
mutton kuruma seivargal. Athai vida sirantha oru Idlyoda
Side dish Naan Sappittu romba natkkal Aagirathu!

sabeshan
11-17-2003, 02:53 AM
Vaazhga thaimai..
Vaazhga mutton kuruma...
Vaazhga idli...

Arumugam down! down!*

*yennu kekkareengala? romba naala oru movie posting um kaanom!!

sofiadorathy
11-17-2003, 05:42 AM
FATHER idli saapitu irukkaru kooodiya seekiram ssaaaaaapittutu vanthuduvaaaru dont worry but father vanthu padam podunga.....
then enakku thenchathellam IDLY seiyurathu thaaan i mean maavu aanathukku appuram.... ippa yaaraavathu viruppa patta naan special idly with chicken epdi seiyurathu-nu solli kodukkuren.....

vennai1
11-17-2003, 08:25 PM
fosia... eh ...sofia... father endra oru nalla word-a oru thanda
payalukku koduthathirku onakku oru adi..vangikka.. :evil: :evil:

anitam
11-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Nothing can be compared to Idli with sambar and a hot coffee combination..

selpra
12-01-2003, 12:04 AM
For idli, I always prefer chicken kulambu. If vegetarian i will prefer onion chutney.

Shy
12-01-2003, 07:58 PM
mm.. nalla topic.

(1) My favorite

Oru plate, Athula suda suda soft idly, 3. Thotuka, nalla karama vengaaya chutney(Nalla red color'ls oil maethaka irukum).
Entha combination iruntha, diet'aavathu onaavathu.. 10 idlies kuuda sapidalaam..avalavu super'a irukum

(2) Those who dont want hot spicy stuff

Idly with sambar and coconut chutney(kaeti chutney) should be fine.

Tomato chutney - dosaikku thaan super'a irukum.. idly :think: I am not sure.

Shy

Minik
12-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Shy can you tell me the receipe for vengaaya chutney please

Shy
12-01-2003, 11:48 PM
sure.. minik, ungalukku ellamaiyaa.. nalaikae post panraen okvaa..

Shy

Minik
12-02-2003, 01:18 AM
sure shy. romba nandri. :sm30:

vennai1
12-02-2003, 01:32 AM
there are 2 girls here who are sneha paithiyams... does anyone know about them ???

:think: please let me know... immeeediatly... :)

vasan
12-02-2003, 01:41 AM
actually quite a few da... adhum ore avator vera veachukitu irrukaanga... Appo appo konjam confuse-aa irrukum.. :)

yellaruma tomu cruiseu superstarunnu photo poda mudiyuma enna??
:)

Shy
12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
there are 2 girls here who are sneha paithiyams... does anyone know about them ???

:think: please let me know... immeeediatly... :)

mm.. sneha paithyams...

:sm13: :sm13: :sm13: :sm13: Hello Everyone.

There's a Tom Cruise Looseu wandering here, yaaru correct'a sonna.. Idly (3) with vengaya chutney price ;)

Vasan, Only one is having that avator now.. other one changed it to Kajol :)

Shy