PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to Geetham !

vasan
05-24-2005, 04:39 AM
Suggestions Box

for All Geetham Users

:sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30: :sm30:

Hiyaa Folks,

Think you wanna say something? :think:
Or suggest a cool new way to improve the Forum? :sm10:
Perhaps a new feature to consider? :yes:
Or the rare possibility of criticism? :wink: :p

Here is the thread. Feel free to write your comments, and criticisms, and more importantly add your suggestion for improving the forum. Geetham is a tamil forum to build an online family of people living all over the world - for friendship, fun, entertainment and help. Check out our new and old features, and enjoy them. Comment on anything you like about the forum.

Thank you for your comments, criticisms, suggestions and friendship.. :sm08:

Vasan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

mrs_sri_gan
05-24-2005, 01:14 PM
No offense from my side GTeam :b:

Thanks for ur announcements :sm08: :sm08:

dinesh
05-24-2005, 03:33 PM
No offense from my side GTeam
unga pakkam irunthu ethunachum vanthalum athai samalikka enga kaivasam aal irukke :ahha:

mrs_sri_gan
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
unga pakkam irunthu ethunachum vanthalum athai samalikka enga kaivasam aal irukke

Antha allaium kalikula pottukuvomla :sm10:

ps:sorry for the side Track

Narayana
05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Any chance of speeding up page loading?? Like archiving old articles somewhere else? I know you are working on the torrent site - Hope it is ready soon. cant think of anything else. Geetham is super!!
--N

dinesh
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I know you are working on the torrent site - Hope it is ready soon.
Torrent is back up. Link in top of the page.

anitam
05-24-2005, 10:04 PM
From my side.. geetham is great....

Priyanka
05-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Nice topic Vasan. :ee:

I have only one problem in Geetham. Pages are taking too long time to download. Please please do something about that. :pray: Sila samayam porumaiye poiduthu. :oops:

Matthappadi geetham is the best. :b:

butterfly
05-24-2005, 10:52 PM
First of all Congrats & kudo's to everyone who worked behind giving geetham a face lift :sm08: :b:

But i strongly disagree to one of the statement made by vasan anna on behalf of Gteam...Nothing more to say...

disappointed
butterfly

vasan
05-24-2005, 11:45 PM
But i strongly disagree to one of the statement made by vasan anna on behalf of Gteam...Nothing more to say...
disappointed
butterfly

Rr... Lots of things I said.. :( :( Which one made you get disappointed.. :( :(

Remember though, the mistakes are mine and mine alone.. :( :( and suggestions thread is so we can correct them.. :( :(

Please be offended, but never be disappointed, Pattampoochi.. :pray: :pray:

Vasan.. :(

butterfly
05-25-2005, 12:06 AM
4) Active Member list will be limited to tamils living outside of India and Sri Lanka.

Can u Please explain or clarify that statement of urs anna?

Coz to me person living outside India such as in US & UK get to watch Tamil movies faster than ppl living in assam which is a part of India...I even dont know if they get to watch Tamil movies...
More to come :)

dinesh
05-25-2005, 03:47 AM
Coz to me person living outside India such as in US & UK get to watch Tamil movies faster than ppl living in assam which is a part of India...I even dont know if they get to watch Tamil movies...
Akka, I have sent you a PM regarding this.

This is a decision we have taken after a lot of discussion. We did go through the pros and cons in detail, and at the end we felt the pros outweighed the cons.

The idea is that we are switching from a movie focused website to a more broader visioned site. Given this, it is not a big deal who gets movies and who doesn't. At the end of the day this is not the point of Geetham. If one is after just movies, then one is better off going elsewhere.

So the decision has been taken. I guess now the challenge for us to move ahead and make things happen in a different way.

vasan
05-25-2005, 04:37 AM

Good point, Ms. Prosecutor.. :P :P (Law and Order TV serial thideernnu nyabagam varuthu.. :D.. Kochukaatheengo.. :sm03:)..

Pattampoochi.. rrr.. the post didn't say anything about movies.. :D Like Dinesh said, we are moving away from movie-release-now-download-watch-forget sorta forum to truely community based forum.. :D Everybody releases movies, and to be really unique (and special place, just like our very own members are totally unique and utterly special :sm05:), we should be lot more than mere movie machine.. :D Thats the idea-.. :D

Active members will have some special previleges, but soon, very soon indeed, every one would see that being active in Geetham itself is very special for the friendship and online comradrie.... Indeed being active is its very own reward.. :wink: And that is NOT limited to any one.. In fact every one is welcome.. the newest members to earliest birds.. :D

So, please welcome your friends from Assam to Geetham.. :sm08: I am sure they will find it interesting.. and if they need any thing, you know where to ask.. :D :D (Suggestions box.. right here.. !!).. :D

Explanations pothumaa? Feel free to ask questions and add any suggestions.. :sm08:

Thanks, Butterfly... :sm08:

Vasan

ps: Assam-la thamizh pesura assamese ponnunga yaaratthu theriyumaa? :wink: I tried teaching some of my fab chinese classmates tamil, but sariyaa workout aagala.. :( :( Any help would be.. :P :P :P But.. :ush: :ush: Secretly.. :wink: :P

butterfly
05-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Thanks Dinesh & anna for the explanation :)

Like Dinesh said, we are moving away from movie-release-now-download-watch-forget sorta forum to truely community based forum.. Everybody releases movies, and to be really unique (and special place, just like our very own members are totally unique and utterly special ), we should be lot more than mere movie machine.. Thats the idea-..

This was the change I am looking forward too dinesh & anna...Geetham is a place to have fun...have fights,share jokes,share thoughts,be a kid & ofcourse relax with music played by our very own Dj's :)...after all geetham is our family :)

rsivaraman
05-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Naah.. geetham is the best as it is... so cannot think of anything new.
will update if anything comes to my mind :wink:

-Siva

yamini
05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Geetham is doing great :b: and on the right tract. :b: The only problem is how

to make the traffic smooth :? :( such that we can commute and commincate

faster.!! :wink:

-yamini :wink:

vasan
05-25-2005, 06:30 PM
have fights

:00: :00: :00:

Ennoda size-kku sumo wrestling (not supermoderators, but the japanese sumo :wink:) thaan fight panna mudiyum.. :Ksp: :Ksp:

Naan ready, neenga ready-aa? :wink: :P :P :P

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Siva.. :sm08:

We are awaiting some tech break throughs, Yamini.. :D (Intel to invent new chips :wink: :P).. I am kidding.. :sm03: :sm03: Bala (our tech wizzard, and administrator) knows about the slow speed.... Will surely come up with something.. Hopefully some time soon.. :D

Meanwhile.. புதிய கவிதைகள் எதுவும்.. :think: தொடர்ந்து எழுதுங்கள் .. :b: :b:

Vasan

vijitha
05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
me like geetham very much :yes:

sri_gan
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
This was the change I am looking forward too dinesh & anna...Geetham is a place to have fun...have fights,share

pattam poochi,

Fightukku naan ready nenga readya?

What is patti mandram nu kepingala? nenga :sm12:

butterfly
05-26-2005, 02:47 AM
Fightnu sonadhum fighters ellam present solla vandhutango :sm12:

shiam_saran
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi...
I would first like to thank all those people involved in maintaining and building this site. This is one fabulous forum where you feel at home. My suggestion is we can add a craft forum. Where people can share their special talents like knitting, crochet, scrap book preparation, making flowers etc. Atleast they can give hints, tips, designs etc... That would be really nice. What do you guys think?

Shiam

yamini
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
கரண்டியைப் பிடித்த கைகள்
களத்தில் இறங்கினால் :lol:
கலகலப்புதா ன் :Ksp:
வளையல்களிட ம் வம்பு வேண்டாமே? :ush: :ahha:

:Ksp: யானும் களத்தில் ஆஜர் :Ksp: .

-யாமினி :D

rsivaraman
05-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi V-,
I have a suggestion.. I always keep the recent topic page open, so as to see the latest posts. but the thing is I would have to refresh it to see if anything new has come.. If you can make it auto refresh it in say 3 or 5 minutes it would be real cool.. :D :D

-Siva

Bluelotus
05-28-2005, 10:47 AM
1)
I have a huge huge request...a very selfish one :oops:
I hate forwards :evil:
I'm sort of very very disappointed at the rate they turn up soooo often in Geetham.
:oops:

2)
word of mouth promotion. :ee: how about each Geethamite asks one friend to join Geetham.net :P

3)
Organised debates :ee:

blue.

suha
05-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Judge v- :sm05:

Naan solvadhilaam unamai unmai tavira vera edhum illa :Ksp:

my honour :P

I have so many suggestion in my mind :Ksp:

1) this blue color id's not coming to geetham much more...(except..Vasan..and dinesh :ahha: )

2) Kidscorner is very slow nowaday :Ksp:

3) I want to beat RT

4) red id also very slow nowaday :think:

5) admin bala anna...eppavum marindhu irundha thaan pakuranghaa :think:

so idhukulaam sikirama nadavadikai edungo You'r honour :sm03:

more to comeee :ahha:

ns80
05-28-2005, 01:06 PM
If you can make it auto refresh it in say 3 or 5 minutes it would be real cool.

siva maams, if you are using firefox there is a [url=http://reloadevery.mozdev.com/]reload every plugin which you can use to refresh that tab for whatever time interval you want. for me 5 mins works good. 1 min makes my other tabs load very very slow :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oii lolly indha red ids ellam enna ippolaam kaanum. solli vei..illena ellarayum lavender colour aakiduvom'nu :evil: :ahha:

sri_gan
05-28-2005, 05:15 PM
red id ellam koncham busya irrukkum athukku enna panna mudiyum prenchanai na paranthu vanthiromle... appuram ennaba...

goodcomplanboy
05-28-2005, 05:40 PM
red id ellam koncham busya irrukkum athukku enna panna mudiyum prenchanai na paranthu vanthiromle... appuram ennaba...

athu (Red ajith style'le :wink: )

Reds are doing lot of administrator work ppl. Doesnt mean that if they dont post they are not active.

Ellarum senthu Reds'kku oru OOOOOOOOOOO podunga :sm09:

itechlegend
05-28-2005, 06:43 PM
ah ha.. ithuku than nan wait pannitu irunthen..
my suggestions.

1. make the page loading faster.. its too slow ..
2. if we have a kids corner or kids section.. why cant a youths corner or youths section be started
3. make a php script tat if a new member registers he must compulsorily introduce himself in new comers section.. so the first post must be in tat section when he accesses other sections and tries to post in those give him a message to post an intro abt him in new comers section..and then proceed to other sections.

itechlegend
05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Recently it has been decided tat indians inside india was revoked their
Active Memberships(AM)..

i accept to ur point..
but ithu orutharoda aarvatha sothichi pakra mathiri irukum nu nan feel panren

i would like to give a suggestion regarding this issue
tat is
inimey pudusa AM permission kodukire members'ku intha rule pathu kodukalam..
but already AM permissions kodutha member ku revoking apdinrarthu.. hmm.....

aprum i want some mods or admins to help me here
wat i have to do to regain AM ..???

PS: ithu ennoda sontha opinion than pa... no offense or anything.. if anybody feel so
i request mods to edit it .. and sorry of tat if it happens.

dinesh
05-28-2005, 07:31 PM
i accept to ur point.. but revoking AM doesnt sounds good..
consider myself as an example - i have 930+ posts at this time
and moreover everybody knows who itechlegend is..
but since i am residing in chennai my AM was revoked..
Hi Legend, a lot of people have tried to explain this to you.....
It is because of this the Active Member group is renamed to Geetham club, to clearly signify that "Activeness" is NOT the only criteria.

Geetham's focus has changed in that we are concentrating more on more activities than just downloads. Given this, downloads arer going to play less and less parts in the future. And we want our users to visit Geetham for all the additional stuff that is here, not just downloads.

But, I'm confused about this, what do you hope to gain from being a Geetham Club member. It is mainly setup to reward members who live abrad and can't access material that is freely available in places like Chennai or Colombo. So, why do you need that membership?

aprum i want some mods or admins to help me here
wat i have to do to regain AM ..???
Personally, I don't know. The rule says that it is limited access to people from the subcontinent.

dinesh
05-28-2005, 07:50 PM
but revoking AM doesnt sounds good..
consider myself as an example - i have 930+ posts at this time
and moreover everybody knows who itechlegend is..
but since i am residing in chennai my AM was revoked..
BTW, your active membership is a personal issue between you and Geetham. Please do not bring up that issue in public and limit your discussions regarding this issue with the Super Moderator assigned to you in this matter (Katteri I believe). If you are unhappy please discuss the issue with him.

This is a suggestions for improvement thread, not one about whether we need to change our rules.

Bluelotus
05-28-2005, 07:57 PM
2. if we have a kids corner or kids section.. why cant a youths corner or youths section be started

This would be counterproductive. Geetham is about Tamilians of all ages getting together.
It isn't about segragation of members according to age groups.
However the reason for a child's corner is very simple, children unlike youths do need to be protected to a degree by society till they are mature enough to handle anything life throws at them. Hence why we do have a corner for them.
Youths are fully fledged members of society with their own opinions and have every right to mix with adults of all ages.

and ... :wink: :ahha: we're not Lufthansa to offer child fare, youth fare, student fare and normal adult fare :wink: :wink:

blue.

itechlegend
05-28-2005, 08:02 PM
ok blue,
tat was a good piece of explanation..
i accept it..

itechlegend
05-28-2005, 08:46 PM
i have this suggestion, i dono whether it sounds sense or not.. let me see

shall we make protected messages for downloading links insisting members to post replies to get that link..

this wil help in two way, the download link source provider's work is appreciated
and members gain posts counts increased...

Minnie
05-29-2005, 01:02 AM
i was wondering why suddenly i was taken away from the active list,,,was little upset though i do some participate,,,but see being a student i hardly find some time,,,,i had the same doubts like legend,,,,but now it is all clear........
good work gteam......will try my best.........
no comments and suggestionsssssssssssssssss

coolian
05-29-2005, 05:21 AM
The time it takes to load pages has to decrease significantly. I've been waiting for the past 20 mins for Blue's dance thread to load :ahha: but apparently that particular thread doesn't like me.

dinesh
05-29-2005, 08:19 AM
shall we make protected messages for downloading links insisting members to post replies to get that link..
Legend, downloading is not Geetham's focus anymore. We are not going to concentrate on ideas regarding that.

Narayana
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Legend, downloading is not Geetham's focus anymore. We are not going to concentrate on ideas regarding that.

Does that include the Carnatic section?? Also is that link above the final torent site? Coz the peer list is still not getting updated.. Or are you not going to concentrate on torrents too?? Thnx. Geetham is the best site ever... like a family.
--N

suha
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM

ho apddiyaa :think:

appo wait prichanai panrrein...appo parandhu varuvingalla :ahha:

dinesh
05-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Does that include the Carnatic section??
Carnatic I believe is going to continue as nornal. I guess vasan can clarify more on this.

Torrent site works, and the peer list seems to work too to an extent. As long as you have a good client, I don't see a need to have a correct peer list on the site.

Thanks.

vasan
05-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Does that include the Carnatic section?? Also is that link above the final torent site? Coz the peer list is still not getting updated.. Or are you not going to concentrate on torrents too?? Thnx. Geetham is the best site ever... like a family.
--N

Thank you, Narayana.. :sm08: Geetham is indeed like a family - only because of its users.. :P :P

As of now, Geetham Carnatic Section will function as always. There will be direct downloads - as often as possible or needed. Much like before we will continue to have several music downloads (like the keerthis we have), and periodic/occasional downloads on new things will be there as well.

Torrents, ofcourse will work. If anything, perhaps some improvements on the torrent page may happen - of which we will inform every one as and when it occurs. Peer list updating or anyother minor kinks that needs to be ironed out will happen.

One new thing we might expect in future: If users want to share some files, and if there is decent demand, we will let them upload to Geetham and make it available to everyone as direct download. I believe some users (such as emyesbee and rigapada) who have been thinking of using yousendit or some host like that - we are working on eliminating that middle procedure. It should be pretty easy to work with Geetham directly.

Will let you know on that as well - as soon as Sangeetham/Venky and some more of us have a little chat and get some details worked out... :D

If you have more ideas for Carnatic Section specifically, you could also comment on the Suggestions thread in that section.. I know Sangeetham & Venky would read that religiously... :D :D

Have fun,

Vasan

Narayana
06-01-2005, 01:12 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :sm35:

prasadvrg
06-05-2005, 10:09 AM
:sm05: :sm05: :sm05:
Proud to be a Geethamite :sm05: :sm05: :sm05:
Hello Vasan, Sangeetham and Venky,

As Narayana said Geetham is the best site for Carnatic music and more like a family.

The link for the torrents is missing again. It was there couple of days ago. The peers list is not updating regularly.

What happened to the new site we used to have. The interface was quite pleasant and user friendly. There used to be some problems and I thought Bala has fixed them.

Downloads of Carnatic music will be good, because lot of Rasikas do not have access to the torrents.

Thanks and regards,
Prasad

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
i would like to post this as a suggesstion
let admins decide it..
since am living in chennai now..we use to read The Hindu daily.
why cant we post The Hindu Crossword in a seperate section
in geetham..
i wil do it and update it regularly..
also friday review and saturday young world..
as u ppl wil really miss those a lot..

and there is noting to be problem or any legal hassles in this.
coz i jus goin type it and display it here..

if admins like this sugestion .. i welcome it ..

if admins have any dilemma's in this idea.. i also suggest them
to creat a poll and ask geethamites to poll whether they need
that new section or not..

all these are jus my thought . and i shared with u now..

and one more thing i would like to add.
tat section wil not only goin to be The Hindu section..
ppl abroad who miss chennai and life in chennai
can share their ideas and queries..
so i can able to help u in tat aspect ..
( i hope admins got my view clearly)

Shy
06-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey Legend... Thats a good thought.. Sure you can do that in either the Games or the Kids Section. I am ok with it :b: as long as you will update them regularly :) puzzle post panitu answer poodaama engalai thalai pichuka vaika kudaathu ;) just kidding..

About separate section, Will post my thoughts in detail later :) For now, we can have them in the section I had said earlier, if required we can move them later to the new section.
anyway, this is my opinion, lets see what others had to say thou :)

Shy

ashokcsn_2000
06-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Itech

Not sure if you have heard of it or not... There is a site called http://www.hindu.com where the crossword, young world and friday movie section are all available...

for ex today's crossword - http://www.hindu.com/2005/06/09/stories/2005060901280900.htm

Or do u mean something else? :think:

NOt meaning to discourage u jus letting you know so that u dont spend too much time scanning all those stuff... Sure do try new things u are always welcome... :)

vasan
06-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Hey Itech,

Nalla yosikkure.. :wink: :wink: Good gooddddd... :b:

Unfortunately or fortunately all the newspapers are available on Net, paa.. rrr.. most of us read it too.. :oops: Also, I can hardly solve 2 or 3 words in a day's puzzle in Hindu.. you want me to feel depressed? :sm12: :sm12:

rr.. can I suggest something?

Do you want to be Geetham's Special Reporter (:wink: :wink:) in Chennai? (But like Pepsi, there is nothing official about it... I will call you GSRC, thats it.. :P :P). Pick one topic of current interest in Chennai. Anything - from local event, function, entertainment, public interest - you choose - and collect some info, take some photos, and put it as Chennai Update... :b:

Say for example: Report on Summer Evening on Elliots beach.. :b: go spend an evening.. watch people, take some general pic (don't take pic of people in awkward times, and get beaten up.. :pray:), say some kids playing.. blah blah.. put a post that is funny, interesting, full of enthu.. Padichaathum, I should catch the next flight to home.. antha mathiri.. :D

next week: Some research at IIT-m.. go talk to some students (girls, boys.. :wink:).. and write something interesting.. about research or student life or any thing thats readable..

and so on...

Now, can you do it? Human interest stories of general nature. Upbeat and appropriate.. and something that brings Chennai to our minds hauntingly... :D One article per week is plenty.. You can do it on the weekend.. (weekdays, ozhungaa velai paaru.. amma pechu kettu nada... :evil: :evil: Illainaa post ellaam edit panniduven.. :sm12: :sm12: :P :P)...

Think about it.. :D

Vasan

ps: If you do it for chennai, I will do it for LA.. :wink: :P :P How about that? :wink:
ps1: We can have Geetham's reporters from all over the world updating fun topics from everywhere - and capturing the life in our own sphere of sight.. :P :P
ps2: Its not just for Itech & v- alone.. if someone else wants to do for other cities, places too.. its cool.. :D :D But please be aware: your location will be known. If you would like to remain behind the screeen, please skip.. :sm03: :sm08: :sm03: :P

itechlegend
06-09-2005, 08:35 AM
ah ha.. wow.. super.. marvelous.. wonderful..
nan enna nenacheno atha crystal clear'ah neenga post panni irukeenga..
even u added pepper and salt to the recipe... so tasty thought...

yes man. i wil do .. i am ready to help my people abroad ...

but posts wont be periodically, if i find many interesting info's and happenings i can post more than 5 things in one day .. and if there is no hot stuff i may not be able to produce even a single post for 4 or 5 days.. (hope u get it)

so, i wil pm you when i make my arrangements for tat... i have to borrow my friends digicam, a best partner for me in this job...

but u have to open a new section for this.. like Places & Happenings
inside tat datewise info of the cities... (whoever interested they can post abt their living city as per vasan's words)

but shy told me tat they cant open new sections as such and asked me to merge my posts in relevant sections.. so discuss abt this in GTeam ...

and by this weekend lets see a new turn in our Geetham

cheers :b: :b: :b:

எல்லோரும் இன்புற்றிர ுக்கவேயன்ற ி
வேறொன்றும் அறியேன் பராபரமே !!!
:pray: :pray: :pray:

yamini
06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Dear vasan,

It is interesting to note that "Patimandram" is a good forum to discuss on various topics.Unfortunately, there is no moderator and "Judge" to delievr the final verdict on the chosen topic of inetrest.I am totally confused with people talking different tunes at different times!.My humble suggestion is that the principal person who is responsible for starting the "patimandram" should act as the Judge for the forum till the final verdict on the concerned

topic is delievrd.Otherwise, our efforts are wasted and may leave people with emptiness!! Another suggestion is that there should be some deadline to complete the "Patimandram".Otherwise, there is no difference between "patimandram" and "Paaaati mandram".

-yamini

dinesh
06-09-2005, 07:23 PM
but u have to open a new section for this.. like Places & Happenings
Let's start with a thread in Today's News or Gossip forums. I'll make that a sticky once you have opened it, so it stays up always. After some time we'll consider a new sub-forum for that. Good luck and thanks itechlegend :b:

ns80
06-09-2005, 09:40 PM
there is no moderator and "Judge" to delievr the final verdict on the chosen topic of inetrest.

Unfortunately the topics don't have a Poova, Thalaya answer. We are just trying to hear how people from different backgrounds, views, ideologies think about an issue. Just a learning experience, a small spark to think in a new way. Personally, I dont feel a debate should be like a win-lose game.

there should be some deadline to complete the "Patimandram".Otherwise, there is no difference between "patimandram" and "Paaaati mandram".

not all get free-time during the same timeframe right?

Just my 2 cents :ee:

sri_gan
06-10-2005, 02:56 AM
yamini,

Like ns said, we didn't want to win or loose, most of the time if you watch some of the arguments will be counter attacking the same thoughts onnukku onnu muran pattu irrukkum, its implied at a learning experience and not to win or loose.

Original patti mandram mari pannalam but sila samayam silla per avangala thankkuratha nenachukittu thappa eduthukku vanga... patti mandra peechalar mental attitude ellar kittaiyum ethir parka mudiyathu illaya...

Athunala than its left for on going arguments, athu oru vagaila involvement erpaduthumdra nambikkai :D.

Legend, Nalla idea suggest panni irrukenga, but you need to be very responsive in order to keep it running, illati antha vegam koranchidum. Koncham topic knowledge venumna please check Priyam2004's Think laterally... Topic it will guide you more :b: .

Narayana
06-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Just a suggestion to try to improve the speed, atleast for low spped users, can you include an option in the preferences section to enable/disable avatars?? That takes so much time i think? many ppl even have animations. so dialup users will find it faster...
--N

ns80
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I remember there is an option in Invision Board for Lo-Fi version of a BB i.e no images, just text in threaded view. I wonder if there is anything like that available in phpBB :think:

yamini
06-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Sri-gan & Ns80 :Thanks for your prompt reply.Of course, the answers were not quite convincing to me. :(

-yamini :(

sri_gan
06-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Sri-gan & Ns80 :Thanks for your prompt reply.Of course, the answers were not quite convincing to me

Appa nenga enna nenaikurengolo atha panni kattunga :yes: ithukku ethukku sad picture.. welcome always welcome a change. change pannunga.

vasan
06-11-2005, 09:21 PM
அன்புள்ள யாமினி,

பட்டி மன்றம் பற்றி கூறிய கருத்துக்க ளுக்கு மிக்க நன்றி. NS மற்றும் ஸ்ரீ கூறியது போல, இன்டர்னெட் வழியாக நடக்கும் பட்டி மன்றத்துக் கு நடுவராக இருப்பதோ அல்லது, ஒருவர் மாற்றி ஒருவர் உரையாடுவதோ கொஞ்சம் கடினம். அடுத்தவர் அருகில் இருந்தால் உடனடியாக பதில் தருவார். ஆனால் அவர் ஆஸ்த்ரேலிய ாவிலிருந்த ு எழுதும் போது, எப்பொழுது எழுவார்/எழுதுவார் என கண்டிப்பாக கூற முடியாதல்ல வா?

அதே போல ஒரு சில தலைப்புகளு க்கு முடிவு உண்டு. ஒரு சில தலைப்புகள் பட்டிமன்ற விவாதமாயில ்லாமல், கிரேக்க நாட்டு சந்தைபுற விவாதமாக (market place dialogues, so pioneered by Plato and co..) அமைவது எல்லோருக்க ும் பயன்னுள்ளத ாக அமையும் என நினைக்கிறே ன். எல்லா பட்டிமன்றம ுமே இப்படித்தா ன் இருக்கவேன் டும் என்று ஒன்றும் இல்லையே..

எது எப்படியாக இருப்பினும ்: no harm in having new pattimandrams in our usual format - with judges and two teams and deadlines.... இதற்கு முன்பு கூட இப்படி இரண்டு மூன்று பட்டி மன்றங்கள் நடந்து இருக்கின்ற ன. (என்னக்கு நினைவிருப் பதிலெல்லாம ், என்னுடைய குழு வென்று இருக்கிறது .. :P மற்றதெல்லா ம் எனக்கு நினைவில்லை .. :P :P).. இதே போல ஆரம்பிக்க வேண்டுமென் றால், செய்யலாமே? நீங்களே ஆரம்பிக்கல ாமே? யார் வேண்டுமென் றாலும் ஆரம்பிக்கல ாம். விதிமுறைகள ் சொல்லிவிட் டு, தலைப்பு போட்டீர்கள ் என்றால் வசதியாக இருக்கும்.

:b: :b:

(திண்டுக்க ் + மதுரை அமெரிக்கன் கல்லூரியை சரியான விகிதத்தில ் கலந்த) வாசன் :wink:

coolian
06-12-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Geetham should generate RSS feeds. That would be pretty useful.

jaggy4u
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I have a request on Geetham Blog...
Wat abt allowing unregistered users to post comments on the blogs, right now only registered geetham users can post comments in the blogs..I understand tht it will increase spam comments, but if you allow unregistered user with some identity or in the name of anonymous to post comments it will make the blog writings interesting....Also I want this blog to be more customizable, adding photos, etc.,. kind request :pray:

itechlegend
06-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Let's start with a thread in Today's News or Gossip forums. I'll make that a sticky once you have opened it, so it stays up always. After some time we'll consider a new sub-forum for that. Good luck and thanks itechlegend

hi dinesh, i opened a thread in todays news section, i want u to make it sticky as u told before..
and pls don say these thanks and all.. i feel am a part of geetham family.. so if u say thanks then it seems i jus doin a favour and not a part of u..

suha
06-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Aisa kiyaaa :think:

nalla ice vakiringallaaa :ee: chumma chumma..... lollu pana yaruemi illaa :Ksp:

ya ya ya ya ya.... elorum geetham family thaan :yes: formality ku thanks solli thanei agganum :sm10:

sri_gan
06-18-2005, 02:10 AM
I have a request on Geetham Blog...
Wat abt allowing unregistered users to post comments on the blogs, right now only registered geetham users can post comments in the blogs..I understand tht it will increase spam comments, but if you allow unregistered user with some identity or in the name of anonymous to post comments it will make the blog writings interesting....

Jaggy,

ippothaikku ennala ithukku odane pathil sollamudiyathu but will keep in mind. Blog comments open pannita yaarachum miss use pannina we need to revoke everything back athukku interested people can register themselves and why don't they comment with their own identity, ithu public place thane?

vasan
06-18-2005, 02:32 AM
hi dinesh, i opened a thread in todays news section, i want u to make it sticky as u told before..

Oiii Techie,

Go check the thread, and see if its ok.. :wink: :P

Now that its made into a sticky, you better update it as often as you can. :ee: :P :P

Have fun, :b:

Vasan

Cinderella
06-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi!Gteam...........Was searchin 4 a place 2 tell this 4 a long time..Just came across......

Some of ma frendz visited this website recently....They wanted 2 tell their opinion abt it...But no guest book....Y dont v have a guest book to have comments from t guests visitin here..... :D

Otherwise no complaints......

:sm05: Our geetham is the best :sm05:

vasan
06-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Hmm.. Good idea.. :)

We don't have a guest book, because we want them to register and participate.. :wink: :P

May be we should.. I will pass on the suggestions to Bala.. :b:

Thanks Cindy :sm08:

Vasan

ps: Geetham is best, only because it has some really nice people. And one of the really nice ones is called Cindy.. :wink: :P

Cinderella
06-29-2006, 03:41 AM
Oh!thanx thaatha....mornin i'm openin geetham...first thing i saw was ur reply.......So happy 2 c it.... :P

May be we should.. I will pass on the suggestions to Bala..
Oh thanx again..thaatha.... :sm03:

Geetham is best, only because it has some really nice people
Ya..thats true...Being in geetham makes me feel like being a part of a big lovely family... :D

And one of the really nice ones is called Cindy..
Oh..Thank u so much 4 ur words thaatha.....I'm in seventh heaven after seein these words.. :wink: :D

Ncm
07-31-2007, 02:15 PM
ok time 4 1 complaint...hope 1 of the admins can get bala to fix it up...

some words are being banned which is making things complicated for normal words + names...yag spelt backwards is not allowed, meaning irhtyag spelt backwards is not being displayed properly (in carnatic section)...and likewise emertxesmurof spelt backwards in some of the smilies are not being displayed properly...meaning the image isn't showing...pls fix...thanks :)

sri_gan
07-31-2007, 02:44 PM
ok time 4 1 complaint...hope 1 of the admins can get bala to fix it up...

some words are being banned which is making things complicated for normal words + names...yag spelt backwards is not allowed, meaning irhtyag spelt backwards is not being displayed properly (in carnatic section)...and likewise emertxesmurof spelt backwards in some of the smilies are not being displayed properly...meaning the image isn't showing...pls fix...thanks :)

Ncm,

As I mentioned in the CAT, this is the first update so we may run into minor issue like this and all i need is a simple list which you guys can send it to the carnatic moderators (Sakthi / Sri) Once we get that list I will update it and you should be set.

vijitha
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
Pls post your complaints in the compliant thread:poda:

Shy
07-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Pls post your complaints in the compliant thread:poda:

Thanks viji.. me wanted to say that too..

Please use this thread for any suggestions/complaints... :b:

NCM, BTW, this is not an issue for Bala.. As SriGan mentioned in RT and CAT , he was including censored words and is now corrected :b: :b:

Shy

Ncm
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
yah i didn't kno til lata...as anna posted in cat after me...i will post more words a bit lata...it's like giving the admins some h/w http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif :poda::poda::poda:

sri_gan
07-31-2007, 10:57 PM
yah i didn't kno til lata...as anna posted in cat after me...i will post more words a bit lata...it's like giving the admins some h/w http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/dday/grinyes.gif :poda::poda::poda:

Ncm... Most of them should be fixed, some of the bad words may not be filtered, if you notice atha sollunga....

Exact Match pattern add panni irrukanala.... you can by pass the censor.

Ncm
07-31-2007, 11:00 PM
es***, london :ee:

Ncm
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

anna...one up there...needs http://picflock.com/images/bfi1185893246u.gif :ee: :ee:

coolian
07-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Ok wait - now "***" is a censored word? Come on. I think you guys are being way too rigid for no reason whatsoever. Loosen up a bit, seriously. How is *** even a bad word?

*** = s-e-x

Shy
07-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok wait - now "***" is a censored word? Come on. I think you guys are being way too rigid for no reason whatsoever. Loosen up a bit, seriously. How is *** even a bad word?

*** = s-e-x

:sm12: :sm12:

I agree :)

its not my dept ;)

Shy

coolian
07-31-2007, 11:56 PM
If you ask me, all this "censoring" seems like unnecessary nannying. We're all mature people here. Honestly, have you guys ever seen anybody use vulgar words on this forum with the exception of spam threads that are removed almost immediately anyway? I've not.

It's pretty pointless, and is just a waste of time and effort.

emyesbee
08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I agree with Cools :b:

vennpuraa
08-01-2007, 12:19 AM
athusari totalaa ethina word censor panni irukku???

Ncm
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
maybe thathas didn't approve :think: :think:

subakutty
08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
hi admins

im not able to download from the torrent.........plz help......

suba (kutty)

vasan
08-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Suba,

which torrent are you taking about? :think: it would help sort out the problem, if you post the note in the torrent thread itself..

thanks,

v-