PDA

View Full Version : 11 wives, 25 kids and going strong...

jaggy4u
05-31-2005, 08:08 PM
[web:d6e83a0561]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1127943.cms[/web:d6e83a0561]

Courtesy: Times of India

itechlegend
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
The King also plans to make two 17-year-old women as his 12th and 13th wives, and one of them is also pregnant, reports The Mirror

ithulam romba romba romba over...

more than one million of the people living in his kingdom suffer from poverty and misery

ipdiyum oru king'ah ?

ns80
05-31-2005, 08:38 PM
11 wives :00: , 25 kids :00: podhuma :Ksp: no wonder his kingdom is suffering from poverty.

goodcomplanboy
05-31-2005, 08:53 PM
11 wives , 25 kids podhuma no wonder his kingdom is suffering from poverty.

previous king paatheengala 70 wives'aam :doh:

ivanungala ellam enna panrathu :think:

vijitha
05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
eswaraaaaaaaa

Bluelotus
06-01-2005, 05:21 AM
I think his subjects may be suffering more cos of every mercedes he buys and upgrades, every palaces he builds and every plane he buys...

this dude is bound to see an uprising soon anyway :Ksp:

I wonder what his aim in life is :think:
I mean normal men can barely handle one wife...he wants more :sm12: okie sorry bad joke :ahha:

rsivaraman
06-01-2005, 05:25 AM
this dude is bound to see an uprising soon anyway

no way.. in another 10 years all of the country will be his sons or daughters..so it will be one big family problem :wink:

-Siva

Bluelotus
06-01-2005, 05:35 AM
ah but siva ..families are known for being the most ruthless :wink:
and don't you think the population is already full of his siblings :ahha:

blue.

vasan
06-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Whats up guys? :Ksp: Thats the way in Swaziland... So?? You want to apply the english/american/tamil morality to him?? Mind you, its not that only the King practices polygamy.. its practiced by every one - just so long as he is rich, for the man has to give dowry- in swaziland.. :Ksp:

Dudes/dudettes... 100 years back every king in India had as many wives.. possibly unrecognized.. :doh: :doh: Do you know how many in India (not Kings and princes, mind you, just ordinary fellers) who practice polygamy?? :ahha:

Give it up people... Don't belittle them, just because we have "understood" what is the "aim" in our life, and have "superior" moral values... whatever that means...

Instead worry about the 1/3 of the country thats affected by HIV or full blown AIDS.. :( :(

Vasan

suha
06-01-2005, 06:00 AM
I am not wonder :Ksp:

This is happening for all kingg :think:
not only for king

in islam allowed..... 4 marreid...for guys :Ksp: mm...thinking thinking :think:

itechlegend
06-01-2005, 08:49 AM
yes it happens... i think in islam culture 1 man can marry 5 women...
but the vice versa is beyond culture for them..

Bluelotus
06-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Whats up guys? :Ksp: Thats the way in Swaziland... So?? You want to apply the english/american/tamil morality to him??

AND if it isn Swaziland what about it? Is not Swaziland part of our planet too? Doesn't the population of Swaziland deserve to live above the poverty line?

Is it moral that he spends so much on each of his wives when his subjects are begging for bread?
each wife costs th country a palace , sevral expensive cars who knows how much in terms of jewels and cloth, camels and sheep...

Every corner of this planet belongs to us... just because this isn't about India or SL desn't mean that we should stop caring.

Mind you, its not that only the King practices polygamy.. its practiced by every one - just so long as he is rich, for the man has to give dowry- in swaziland.. :Ksp:

Are you implying that because not just the king but the common man practises it too, poligamy becomes acceptable?
and does the bride price makes it alright?
Do you really think that because there isn't any media comotion about this the population of Swaziland is going to carry on accepting it?
poligamy, dowry, bride price, along with femal circumcisions are not acceptable under any terms, regardless of culutres and civilisations, if they do practice it then it is our moral obligation to explain to them that human beings are all equal, and the species does consist of men and women and btoh sexes share equal rights. Mutilation is not acceptable neither is the buying or selling of a person under the guises of bride prices or dowries.

Dudes/dudettes... 100 years back every king in India had as many wives.. possibly unrecognized.. :doh: :doh: Do you know how many in India (not Kings and princes, mind you, just ordinary fellers) who practice polygamy?? :ahha:
Well I'm glad that India has moved away from that sordid period of its history. Very happy to know that all those kings are now just powerless landowners.
If required we can always ressurect Oliver Cromwell to do a thorough job on all continents.

yes I know it's practiced...everytime I hear it I get sick ...
I think it's vile the way nothing is done, I don't care what arguments they may use...neither traditions culture or religion deserves special treatment, polygamy is a crime and should be punished accordingly, regardless of what caste, credd or religion the offender belongs to.
Why should the law be different because you're a differnt caste creed or religion?

Give it up people... Don't belittle them, just because we have "understood" what is the "aim" in our life, and have "superior" moral values... whatever that means...

We are not belittling the people of Swaziland!!

in fact we send them our condolences, for having ended up with another pilfering despot as asbolute monarch.
The problem of Africa is not monetary, but political. you get rid of all these monsters, and introduce a Utopian communist regime for the next 20 years, and Africa will shine like no one has done before. A continent so rich yet so poor...not because of lack of money ...but because it's full of selfish power hungry ppl like this King.
What does he need so many wives and kids for, when the grandmother down the lane cannot even feed gruel to her grandchild????

This whole thing reminds me of Marie-Antoinette (wife of Lopuis XVI of France) telling the peasants who demanded bread, to eat cake if they had no bread :Ksp: and that woman got her head choped!!!

Instead worry about the 1/3 of the country thats affected by HIV or full blown AIDS.. :( :(

Vasan

India and its governement are in Denial!!
They should have major campaigns supporting preventative measures. Having realised that promiscuity as well as prostitution is not going to disappear ...maybe they should hand out free condoms in all those places, like the Mumbai red district.
they need to educate ppl!! bet the majority of indians still think that you get aids like you get chicken pox !

in islam allowed..... 4 marreid...for guys mm...thinking thinking
Funny you say that, because I heard of one man who makes models of the Taj Mahal in India with 5 wives, he spoke with much delight about his wives and children on the radio.
So I guess no one really follows the Koran to the letter huh?

And frankly, just because It allows 4 wives doesn't mean that the laws of India should let them become polygamist.
Hey I never said I was fair minded. :Ksp:

Good thing none of these people are neither brothers or sons of mine...cos I would totally do horrid things to them if they had been sons or brothers of mine committing polygamy :evil:

hmm yes sorry about all the nasty remarks, don't take them to heart. I mean you're allowed your opinions and I#m allowed mine, however misguided they are...

blue.

raghu
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
kashta kalam....indha king avar appa recorda beat pannaradha sabatham eduthurukarupolairuku......... ....

katteri
06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
under Swazi tradition a King can only marry a woman after she becomes pregnant.

AAAAhhhhaa Super tradition paaaaa........................ ...

I guess no one really follows the Koran to the letter huh?

They follow they leave the good things...or perceive the things in a different way.