PDA

View Full Version : The 4-year holiday called Engineering

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 02:40 PM
[align=center]
20 things common to all engg colleges:

1). The lecturers dont teach.The students dont study.The only guy who benefits is the one who owns the 'dhaba' next to the college.

2).Rules are made to be broken.

3).Promises are made to be broken.

4).Deadlines are made to be extended...ALWAYS!

5).Guys always think the chics in the college next lane are more beautiful.

5).The geeks are the most pampered lot during the internal exams.

6).The lab assistants are the most respected people(during the lab exams i.e)

7).The watchmen are the people most bribed.

8).The HOD is the person most respected(heights of sycophancy here).

9).The principal is the person most abused and insulted(behind the back i.e)

10).Dropping subjects is 'cool'.(arre yaar..drop the idea of dropping subjects plzz).

11).There is always a lecturer in the college who cant speak proper 'english'.

12).Night-out is the second most important tool to ace the exams.

13).The most important tool..the bhramastra..is the 'chit' in which the words can be understood only by the person who wrote them(in most of the cases i.e)

14).The freshers are the most sought after..be it in the canteen,the 'free' periods or for completing the records,assignments.

15).The second-years are the ones with the 'I am the don-of-the-college' feeling.

16).The third years are the ones with the 'so-many-backlogs' feeling and the poor

souls get down to studying after bossing around in the college for so long.but the fun still continues.

17).The fourth years have no connection with the college whatsoever...with no interest in ragging,pulling each other`s legs,the bday parties,the bday bums et al which they enjoyed so much till now.All they want is a good placement and a '1st-class' tag attached to their memo.

19).The first three years are spent in cursing the college,the people there,the system et al.

20).But towards the end of the fourth year,people tend to feel nostalgic abt the pure unadulterated fun they have had for 4 years.Now the very system they disliked,the very canteen they cursed,the time that they spent there,trashings from teachers,..all these seem like heaven to them.

krishng
06-06-2005, 03:12 PM
hmm.. idha enga pudicheenga legend? neenga enga college poi paarunga.. appo theriyum. idhellam evaluvu poinnu.. enga college sathyabama engineering college dhaan..so idhukku mela naan endha commentum kodukala..

cheers.

goodcomplanboy
06-06-2005, 03:19 PM
enga college sathyabama engineering college dhaan..so idhukku mela naan endha commentum kodukala..

oru line'le full counter argument'ayum mudichiteenga.

Arts & Science college'ndrathaale sema fun'thaan ennoda college life :)

krishng
06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
GCB, indha collegela ellam anubavichu paartha dhaan edhuvum solla mudiyum. but ennoda casela anubavichadhaala edhuvum solla mudiyala. mudincha namma silix innum niraya sollvarnu ninaikiren. avaran idhey college dhaan..

cheers.

goodcomplanboy
06-06-2005, 03:27 PM
GCB, indha collegela ellam anubavichu paartha dhaan edhuvum solla mudiyum. but ennoda casela anubavichadhaala edhuvum solla mudiyala. mudincha namma silix innum niraya sollvarnu ninaikiren. avaran idhey college dhaan..

Contradicting statements :think: ennamo solla vareenga aana solla maatreenga :razz:

krishng
06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
very simple GCB. legend sonna edhuvum naan anubavichadhu illa. except 1 or 2 statements. oru joil kaidhi madhiri irundhom. adhaan adhangathula appadi sollitten.. :P

cheers.

goodcomplanboy
06-06-2005, 03:36 PM
very simple GCB. legend sonna edhuvum naan anubavichadhu illa. except 1 or 2 statements. oru joil kaidhi madhiri irundhom. adhaan adhangathula appadi sollitten..

ok ok I understand'pa. Heard a lot about all the restrictions in sathyabama. There are few other colleges too, who do this. Infact, enga college'le kooda sila departments ippadi thaan. But fortunately mine was a good one. Had lots of fun. I miss my college days :(

ஞாபகம் வருதே ஞாபகம் வருதே ஞாபகம் வருதே
கண்களின் ஓரம் கண்ணீர் வருதே...

krishng
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
yaar dhaan sathyabama college and groups pathi kelvi padama irupaanga? particularly chennaila irundha ellorukum nalla theriyum.

cheers.

goodcomplanboy
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
yaar dhaan sathyabama college and groups pathi kelvi padama irupaanga? particularly chennaila irundha ellorukum nalla theriyum.

ya I am a chennai vaasi :D

krishng
06-06-2005, 04:45 PM

ya I am a chennai vaasi :D

Adhaan appadi sonnen GCB.. :b:

cheers.

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
ah ha,.. apo krish and silix oru jail kaithinga apdinrathu ivallo nala enku theriyama pochey,,
udane enna adika varatheenga.. nanum than,..

but nan sathyabama illa nan RMK

enga chairman son sathyabama former student.. so jeppiar and my chariman are family friends . anda influence'la jeppiar kodutha kaasa vachi than enga college aarambichitu..
so it was a xerox copy of sathyabama, its regulations and rules and all yuck..

nan yerkanavey solli irukeney
enga college'la oru rule iruku
like this "girls and boys should not talk to each other and see each other"

hmm.. but nan atha follow pannathey illa .. he he :ahha:

krishng
06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
so ellam kidaisila orey kuttaiya pochu.. seri seri.. enjoy pannunga legend. naanga ellam thapichu pozhachu odi vandhuttom.

cheers.

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 06:00 PM
so ellam kidaisila orey kuttaiya pochu.. seri seri.. enjoy pannunga legend. naanga ellam thapichu pozhachu odi vandhuttom.

cheers.
orey kuttai apdinrarthula oru chinna santhosam..
but ennatha enjoy panrarthu..
hmm intha jenmathula en college life eh waste ayiduchu..
epdilam irukum nu evallo kanavugaloda college enter pannen theriyuma ?
rules matum na kooda parava illa, ithula internal politics vera iruku enga coll..

ithula varutham thara koodiya innoru visayam kooda iruku
am not a dote student. am a mgmt student..
so kaasu koduthu oru sothai pazhatha vangitomnu pala murai feel panniyadundu..

but etho padichiten, mark normal ah vangiten, oru company la placement kooda ayiduchu...
ithuthan practical life ku thevai apdinalum.

but rasanaiye illatha,. feelings ellam adaki vachikitu, feelings ku mathipu kodukatha oru
4 year slave life vazhnthada nenacha romba kashtama kooda irukum..

inime intha birth la antha 4 years enku thirumbi kedaika porarthu illa..
even though if i plan to do any pg and phd's i cant get tat ug college life..
but i missed tat in my life time..

sari vidunga.. ethku en kashtatha solli unga mood ellam spoil pannanum...

chinglees
06-06-2005, 06:05 PM
oh aama sathyabama romba romba strict :doh: ..but hostel saapadu nalla irukum kezhvi patturken :sm11: ..nalla iruku college...oru thadava poirken.. :P

chinglees
06-06-2005, 06:08 PM
legend entah college neenga :Ksp: ? :D

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 06:19 PM
chingi see clearly,,,
en college name nan intha thread'la first post'la potu iruken..
its RMKEC

..nalla iruku college
intha mathiri varthaiya solli veena enga vayatherichala vangi koti kaatheenga
nan summa irunthalum krish and silix chumma iruka maatenga...

ns80
06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Me studied in a college on par with Sathyabama, but made sure atleast most of the above were made true. the ones that could'nt be realised were:

built in the middle of a kaadu. where am i to look for the next lane college :doh:

10).Dropping subjects is 'cool'.(arre yaar..drop the idea of dropping subjects plzz).

dropping subjects :think:

13).The most important tool..the bhramastra..is the 'chit' in which the words can be understood only by the person who wrote them(in most of the cases i.e)

never tried it.

5).The geeks are the most pampered lot during the internal exams.

Fortunately never had internals :D. made most fun of monthly tests, scribbled some crap. still there were some aarva-kolaru makkal who used to study for these monthly tests :doh:

.The second-years are the ones with the 'I am the don-of-the-college' feeling.

that was a time when the Navarasu incident was still fresh. so no "don of the college" feeling :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
these are the ultimate ones :D :D

The first three years are spent in cursing the college,the people there,the system et al

But towards the end of the fourth year,people tend to feel nostalgic abt the pure unadulterated fun they have had for 4 years.Now the very system they disliked,the very canteen they cursed,the time that they spent there,trashings from teachers,..all these seem like heaven to them.

:clap: :clap:

silican
06-06-2005, 07:11 PM
hmm.. idha enga pudicheenga legend? neenga enga college poi paarunga.. appo theriyum. idhellam evaluvu poinnu.. enga college sathyabama engineering college dhaan..so idhukku mela naan endha commentum kodukala..

Appdiya ??

adhellam Neenga pass aanabodhunnu nenaikkren :think: Enga generation'la :lol: ellam maariduchchu..

Ofcourse hostel life was really strict. But eththana naal dhan controlled'a vaikka mudiyum. Ella thilla-langadiyum senju escape aaradhey engalukku periya Hobbya irundhuchchu. Had great fun really. :)

- Silix

itechlegend
06-06-2005, 07:12 PM

engaluku irukira communication ayudhamey ithuthan..
nanga college la rockey vitomo ilayo..
nalla chit thooki potu irukom

goodcomplanboy
06-06-2005, 09:11 PM
engaluku irukira communication ayudhamey ithuthan..
nanga college la rockey vitomo ilayo..
nalla chit thooki potu irukom
I guess this holds good for every college. I used to do it a lot, if at all I go to the class :ahha:

Ofcourse hostel life was really strict. But eththana naal dhan controlled'a vaikka mudiyum. Ella thilla-langadiyum senju escape aaradhey engalukku periya Hobbya irundhuchchu. Had great fun really

athaane paathen. Kaatrukku eppadi veli poda mudiyum. Enna thalai correct thaane :wink:

Narayana
06-07-2005, 03:21 AM
All correct except

Illai. I've bin in college for 2 years.. havnt yet seen all in our college. And our class is the best!! (i wonder if there is any BillGates here :ee: Do u know that he hacked his school computer to get all the beauties to his class??? :lol: or so i ve heard...)
--N

krishng
06-07-2005, 09:40 AM
silix, heard that our college rules has been changed a bit. may be adhu ungalukku konjam free irukira madhiri therinchirukkum..

neenga sonna mahdiri enna dhaan rules irundhaalum, naanga seyyara looty ellam senchu avanga kitterndhu thappichu dhaan vandhom..

cheers.

ns80
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
I've bin in college for 2 years.. havnt yet seen all in our college. And our class is the best!!

then you should be doing a Computer Engineering degree ;) don't worry situation will just improve as you progress into your third and final years ;)

Minnie
06-09-2005, 02:22 AM
have no idea about eng,,,,me in medical......
but have to tell you this,,,,,in india even if the college is strict students try their level best to trick,,,,,the class room will have fun and folic,,,,,,but me being in US nothing is possible like dropping,,chit etc........or hostel,,,,,,,
whatever it is india means india thaan,,,,,students going in Metro bus,,,,sight,canteen,,watchman ,,,,lab etcccccccccccccccc,,,,,my cousins are enjoying in their age,,,,look at me held up here,,,,,,,,,,me feeling tooooooo much,,,,crying ohhhhhhhhh..........