PDA

View Full Version : VHP asks Hindus to increase population

katteri
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Wednesday expressed serious concern over the 'unbridled' growth in Muslim population and exhorted Hindus to increase their numbers to 'counter' it.

Making a new addition to its long list of Hindu-centric demands, the VHP Kendriya Margdarshak Mandal, which met in Haridwar, also demanded that the Bhagwad Gita be declared a national book.

"Any society with a bigger population commands greater influence in the world. It is a myth that increased population increases unemployment...to counter the dangerous crisis posed by the Muslim population, we urge the Hindu society to
make constructive contribution towards increasing the population of the community," Swami Avdeshanand Giri, chief of
the influential Juna Akhara, told reporters.

He was reading out from a resolution on 'population imbalance' adopted on the second day of the VHP meeting.

The resolution pointed out that the 2001 census showed that the Hindu population had increased by 20 per cent as against the Muslim population growing by 36 per cent.

Alleging a deep-rooted conspiracy to change the country's demographic pattern, the resolution asked political parties to shed their appeasement policies and vote for a Uniform Civil Code.

anainar
06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
As much as I hate VHP telling me to increase the population, I expect the Ulemas and Mullahs also to exert their men to rein in the population.

Population in one sense is a problem for some of us, but is a benefit for other. My son is a cost center for me. I have to spend so much on him in terms of education, health etc. Whereas for a villager whose sole purpose is labour, another child means, two more hands to earn. For him more children means revenue center. This imbalance should be tackled. And religeon should be kept strictly out of the door. Arguments that birth is god's gift or birth control is against Shariat is absurd.

I strongly vouch for Uniform Civil code.

Cheers

vasan
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Whatever... :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:

BTW, is there any truth in this statement?

'unbridled' growth in Muslim population

Did the percentages go up 'unbridled' in the whatever time? Muslims have been in India for more than 500 or so years... If the contention is true we should have a Muslim majority..

Population dynamics and growth is lot more dependent on economic conditions than on religion, I think.

Vasan

silican
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Yesterday there was a documentary about India on TV. Some UN documentary. They were showing the down trodden masses in India and how the kids goto school with barefoot. Water and sanitation problem were all mentioned . Some scenes like bride burning for dowry and lack of sex education were pointed out. At times during the documentary I was tempted to change the channel unable to sit through and watch. But soon realized changing the channel isnt going to change the truth. One Professor from harvard who studies Population growth pointed out that on an average Indian women have 2.3 kids. If this rate continues India would be having a population of 2 Million by the mid 2030's. That would be amounting to a World population of 12 Billion in 2050 with atleast 23 Million Jobless in India. :( Sadly the sex ratio is drastic with just around 38 Million women in the country.

This is some crucial time when the youngsters need to be taught about Population control and the illiterates about contraceptive measures. But what VHP is doing now is totally ugly politics. :doh:

Top of it today morning I got a sick forward from another fanatic. Its a stupid extract from a group of junks supporting VHP. Click Here (http://hinduunity.org/bewaregirls.htm)

I understand that it is important to respect religion, but isnt it important to respect other Humans first ? Why dont people grow up :(

- Silix

katteri
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I watched HEy ram recently in Tamil.....
I saw it in Hindi first, i was not able to understand some dialogues.....What a movie??
The issue between Hindu and muslim was taken superbly...A must watch movie.....

Unless we have a uniform civil code .. we cant change the people

rsivaraman
06-15-2005, 04:44 PM
there should be some rational thinking done, what kind of a campaign is this? it is disquieting to see such propaganda,
ban for smokingi n movies,
want more populatio, what next
all temples to be painted in saffron..
its sad to see such things all in the name of hinduism. half of these dim wits would not even know the meaning of it :doh: :doh:

Top of it today morning I got a sick forward from another fanatic. Its a
stupid extract from a group of junks supporting VHP.

:Ksp: :Ksp:

-Siva

vasan
06-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I strongly vouch for Uniform Civil code.

Unless we have a uniform civil code .. we cant change the people

rr... What is Uniform Civil Code (UCC) to do with population control? So far as I know there IS no civil law about population control - much less an uniform one.

UCC is not a panacea for every problem in India. Probably it will help for sorting out some issues of civil-religion conflict, thats all. Besides, whose civil code is this uniform one? If its democratically voted civil code, whoever is more in number could pretty much pick a code and rest would be forced to follow it. (Like language issue.. if an uniform national language is adopted, I am doomed.. :ahha:)..

UCC is a good idea - but blindly asking for it for every problem in India is not right. Especially true in the case of population control.

Vasan

anainar
06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Vasan,

I did not see the connection either. But the question on top is do we need UCC!!

Probably what Katz meant was to keep religion out of the population problem. Islam as a religion is against birth control( atleast that is what being projected by the voices of Islam ). So it is easy for a Mullah to issue dictums to his followers not to oblige the calls for population control. Not necessarily abortion, even birth control ways.

And this cannot be done by law. It is against the basic grains of our Constitution. It can only be done by educating people. I see this as more of a economic problem rather than a religious one for guysl ike VHP/AIMPLB to issue statements and counter statements.

And it is true that the muslim population has increased in the last 10 years. They did the religion part in the last census to understand the demographics. I dont buy that deep rooted conspiracy theory. It is highly impossible for 15 crore people to conspire together. But it is true that believers of religion are against birth control in any form.

Cheers

katteri
06-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Anainar,
There has been a significant drop in the birth control from all religions except muslim community...
By imposing a law for birth control will make things worse..but people have to realise the growing unemployment problem, poverty and provision of basic facilities to all the child....

To control the population we can have a quote system...where in any member who has more than two child has two pay more tax or cannot be a part of government institution , etc.............

Bluelotus
06-15-2005, 06:01 PM
only one solution no more babies for no body :ahha: ,
I mean solution for the whole problem of "unbriddled" growth of the entire Homo sapien species, which has exerted a terrible strain on all the resources of our planet :Ksp:

Controling the rise of the population will not solve all the problems plaguing India but it ( imo) might improve the quality of life of each child, as well as reduce some of the societal strain on India. After all each child is a potential adult who should be educated, trained and employed, as well as fed and sheltered. India can barely support it's current population, with so many living below the poverty line, hence a child control policy might be beneficiary in the long term.

But then again the One child policy of China looms like a giant swarm of locusts. :?
a one child policy in India, will certainly lead to more female infanticide, abortions, children being abandoned :(
One only has to look at China for all the side effects, and one needs ruthless gov employees to enforce it :?

Despite all this I can see how limiting the number of offsprings to 2 per Indian Male could be advantageous :think:
(I say 2 for each Indian Man taking into account poligamy, divorces, remarriages, concubinage, etc... )

but I doubt it's going to happen :ahha: for that you need a ruthless communist regime in power :ahha:

blue.

srsenthil
06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Naatle evvalavo problems irruku. Already we have crossed 1 billion in population. Athai ellam vittutu evanga vere thevay illame problems create panranga. Hinduism has suvived more than 2500 years and Muslim population increase aana Hinduisim azinjuduma enna? Never. VHP & Bajrang dal should shut their mouths.