PDA

View Full Version : Quiz

butterfly
06-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Take this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are
no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you. Easier?

The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not
the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.

Thanks to http://www.indianchild.com/

vijitha
06-15-2005, 11:21 PM
i failed these quizes very badly :(

suha
06-16-2005, 12:08 AM
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha
suha

:ush: :sm10:

yamini
06-16-2005, 12:57 AM
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not
the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.

Thanks to http://www.indianchild.com/

Well done :b: :b: to bring the best from the worth visitng Website. I am a frequent visitor to that site.

Suha kutty:

naan angappooyi partheen. nii engathaan irukkiyaa? hey.. hey.. enna marikaara, mark - aa? okay okay.

-yamini

bharanishan
06-16-2005, 12:59 AM
aiyoda....ethuvumae enakku theriyala pattams....me sad :-(

vasan
06-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Take this quiz:
How did you do?

1) Bill Gates, Walton Family, Paul Allen, Steve Jobs, Aristotle Onasis (not quite right, but ok)
2) Matt Leinart (USC), Jason White (Ok), Carson Palmer (USC), Eric Crouch (Nebraska) and Chris Weinke (Fl.St) (in reverse chro). I knew four out of 5. (forgot crouch)
3) Miss America? Vasan doesn't care about pretty girls. :ahha:
4) Nobel & Pulitzer? You want particular fields or in general? Anyways here goes my fav list:
Enrico Fermi (phys), Albert Einstein (Phys), Subramanyam Chandrasekar (phys), Francis Crick and James Watson (Bio), Mother Teresa (Peace), Albert Schweitzer (Peace), Saul Bellow (pulitzer), Michael Chabon (Pulitzer), LA Times/NY Times/Globe/Post (journalism Pulitzers), Albert Michelson (Phys), Marie Curie (Chem & Phys), Neils Bohr (physics), Paul Dirac (Physics), Amartya Sen (Economics)..... rr.. I think I have crossed ten long time back, and I have not even talked about Heisenberg, Tagore, Elliot...

5) Academy awards:
2004: Jaime Foxx (Ray) and Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby)
2003: Sean Penn (Mystic River) and Charlize Theron (Monster)
2002: Adrien Brody (Pianist) and Nicole Kidman (The Hours)
2001: Denzel Washington (Training Day) and Halle Berry (Monster Ball)
2000: Russel Crowe (Gladiator) and Julia Roberts (Erin Brockovich)
1999: Kevin Spacey (American Beauty) and Hilary Swank (Boys don't cry)

And thats just in reverse chrono.. That does not even include Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, and Ben Kingsley. :wink:

6) World Series? hmm.. my weakest area.. don't watch too much of baseball. I wish it was about basketball.. :wink: But still here we go (the order will not be correct)..
Florida Marlins (twice I think)
Arizona Diamondbacks
NY Yankees (3 or 4 times :? :?)
Boston Redsox
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (:wink: goons have changed their names like this last season)..

I know Braves went to series once and lost it to Yankees (standard civil war in Atlanta.. :sm12: :sm12:) and the Subway World Series featuring NY Mets and NY Yankees was won by Yanks too.. :D

World series featuring two teams from the same hood.. cracks me up every time I think about it.. :sm12: :sm12:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rrrrr.... :Ksp: :sm03: :sm03: :sm03:

Sorry pattams.. I think I lost the moral of the story somewhere in those stats.. :sm03: :( :(

v- :wink:

butterfly
06-16-2005, 03:36 AM
i failed these quizes very badly

How can u fail when ur a friend to everyone :)....I am sure simbha will agree with me in saying ur the best :b:

:yes: Kuutis :)

Yes yamini...I Like that site too :)

aiyoda....ethuvumae enakku theriyala pattams....me sad

achechooooo....me sad now bharani :(...last 6 questions read it again...i am sure geetham shud come to ur mind & its lovely ppl ;)...illai mirati vara vachiduven :ahha:

apadium illaina...ask krish,saravanan,iig.....am sure they will tell u how good ur :)

butterfly
06-16-2005, 03:39 AM
rrrrr....

Sorry pattams.. I think I lost the moral of the story somewhere in those stats..

v-

It was so easy to answer the first six with a little cheating wasnt it :ahha:

Now try doing the remaining 6 :)

vasan
06-16-2005, 03:48 AM
little cheating wasnt it

Only for Eric Crouch.. :sm03: :sm03: Trust me.. rest of the lot you can ask me in my sleep it will still be there.. :D :D

Nobel prize winners are great sources of inspiration. All the Oscar winning actresses have been endlessly drooled upon, rich people's list is not complete or correct anyways.. Warren Buffet, Queen of England, Laxmi Mittal are not there right?

You see.. I still didn't get the moral.. :wink: :wink:

chumaa teasing you pattams.. :sm03: Enjoyed reading it (some one had forwarded it a long time back too.. :P )..

v- :D

Bluelotus
06-16-2005, 11:13 AM
queen of United Kingdom?...I thought she was poorer than the Duke of Westminster :?

Bluelotus
06-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Take this quiz:
How did you do?

1) :think: bill and melinda gates? (would that be 2 ppl already :ee: ? )
Sultan of brunei
King Abdullah of Saudi arabia?
Duke of Westminster
I dunno...I don't peruse the forbes list that often..maybe I should :think: might find an eligible bachelor :ahha:

2) no idea :Ksp:
3) :Ksp: why would I care :Ksp:
4) dalai lama, aung saan su shi (the Burmese lady), crick and watson, fleming, mansfield, MSF, trimble (northern Ireland dude), camus, and this one philosophical dude...can't remember him..sartre? :? what about George Bernard Shaw? :think:

5) :00: dunno... :think: :doh: this is why I should pay attention :? Julia roberts? catherine zeta jones? charlize theron? renee zelwegger?

6)world series what? :think:

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you. Easier?

1. I can name all of them :wink:
2. yup can do that too :ee:
3. so many to choose from :D
4. :P
5. only five :wink:
6. napoleon, anne, jo march, noddy :oops: , rincewind :P , pongwiffy :ee:

kewl quizes Papillon :b:

blue.

Shy
06-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Good one Pattams....

Vasan :00: nijama u know all that .,.. enkita matum unmai sollungo ;)

Shy

yamini
06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Good one Pattams....

Shy

ஓ!! நீங்க பார்க்கவில ்லையா? யாரோ, கேள்விகளை அவருக்கு, "ஈமைல்: செய்துவிட் டார்கள். :lol: அதனால் தான் லேட்டாக வந்து, ...100% மார்க் வாங்கிவிட் டாரென்று ஒரு வதந்தி. :lol:

anitam
06-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Nice quiz pattams....

Vasan, Do u really know these answers.... if so great man. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shy
06-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Good one Pattams....

Shy

ஓ!! நீங்க பார்க்கவில ்லையா? யாரோ, கேள்விகளை அவருக்கு, "ஈமைல்: செய்துவிட் டார்கள். :lol: அதனால் தான் லேட்டாக வந்து, ...100% மார்க் வாங்கிவிட் டாரென்று ஒரு வதந்தி. :lol:

Ohhhhhhh, appadiyaa sangathi.. athaanae parthaen... romba thanks yamini sonathukku.. ;) ellarum paarungo unmai theriyaama avarai pugalnthutu irukaanga :lol: :lol:

Shy

butterfly
06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Ohhhhhhh, appadiyaa sangathi.. athaanae parthaen... romba thanks yamini sonathukku.. ellarum paarungo unmai theriyaama avarai pugalnthutu irukaanga

Only for Eric Crouch.. Trust me.. rest of the lot you can ask me in my sleep it will still be there..

Shy,
avaru konjondu cheat panenu othukitaru :)...but he did answer most of it :00:

vijitha
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
How can u fail when ur a friend to everyone :)....I am sure simbha will agree with me in saying ur the best :b:

yeah i am the best :ee:

thathaaa :clap: :clap:

vasan
06-16-2005, 07:16 PM
sartre? what about George Bernard Sha

Jean Paul Sartre was awarded Nobel prize for his works on Existentialism. But true to his philosophy he refused the prize.

Shaw won. So did T.S. Elliot, and my fav W.B. Yeats.. :D

Read his poems.. probably one or two of both Elliot and Yeats and Tagore have been translated in to tamil by a very famous, well-known, talented, amazingly gracious, and totally good looking - but quite quite poor and very very old man.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Dudes and dudettes.. these are not things hard to remember.. if you are into it..

How many of you watch College Football (not soccer but the real foot ball.. :P).. if you don't watch how would you remember Heismann Trophy Winners? My classmates remember these people - as well as their stats in the year they won.. :00: :00: They don't know Ben Franklin from Ben Kingsley though.. :D :D Also easy to remember, because Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart are hometown heroes.. :D (LA people.. LA.. !!)...

If you have spent countless hours drooling on Halle Berry and Charlize theron (and occasionally Nic Kidman) is it hard to remember anything? Oiii.. :doh: Each of these movies are classics in their own regard.. :D (I can even remember some dialogues from Erin Brockovich, but thats because of the pretty woman.. :wink: )..

Nobel Prize for physics, like I said is cake walk.. any halfpriced physics grad will know.... :Ksp:

World series? Why not? Like I said Braves-Yankees, Red Sox-Yankees, Mets-yankees are legendary. Marlins and Angels are rarer.. Angels are my neighbours too..

See.. its not hard to remember folks.. trust me.. even with graying of braincells, you still remember.. There is no way I can forget the incredible comeback mounted by Red Sox last year.. :D :D These are sports history..

Miss America: I really don't care or watch. Many Indian Ms.India thingy I still remember - but you should attribute it to Aish/Sush sweep that year.. :b: And all said and done, I do think these two are incredibly pretty and beautiful and smart - so much more than the other winners since then.. Sandhya Chibb? Diana Hayden? Celina Jaitley? Priyanka Chopra? Diya Mirza (?!!)? Lara Dutta??

Easy here too, since all of them are into movies.. :ahha: "You know my dream: I want to alleviate poverty and work for world peace. Mother Teresa and Aung San Syu Ki are my role models.. I want to be a strong woman like Indira Gandhi.. " :sm12: :sm12:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aung San Syu Ki and Dalai Lama are nobel peace winners from Tibet. Bishop Desmond Tutu and Mr. Nelson Mandela have won it from South Africa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D :D

Easy like I said, even for an old geezer like me to remember.. After all, mind and memory is a terrible thing to waste.. :D

Want to name Booker Prize winners too? I can.. At least two of them.. :D Salman Rushdie for Midnight's Children and Arundhati Roy for God of Small Things.. Both good, but salman's much better.. more complex.. :D That book also won booker of the booker prize. :D (I still think that his Heron and the Sea of Stories is more crafty, cute and imaginative and well written.. :D)..

Innum proof venumaa? Illai ithu mattum pothumaa.. :Ksp:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bluelotus
06-16-2005, 07:28 PM
thattha dear, aung saan su shi is from Burma/Myanmar. (in fact she still there under house arrest :? )
and yes I ahev read the tagore and WBYeats poems :wink:
:oops: we don't watch men who play with a rugby ball in padded suits :oops:
but I'm sure that if it had been about cricket everyone at geeth would have answered :wink:

blue.

vasan
06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
thattha dear, aung saan su shi is from Burma/Myanmar. (

Yep.. yep.. yep.. :sm03: :sm03: I stand humble and corrected, bleukutti.. :sm03:

The issues of burma & tibet are in some ways related.. Blame it on Richard Gere.. :sm03: :sm03: And India's own response to these two struggles.. :Ksp: Thats why it overlaps in my mind..

thank you for correcting me.. :sm03: :sm08:

Priyam2004
06-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Aaahhh....that's so true Butterfly, many thanks for sharing that with us :sm08: