PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Prediction

Shy
06-17-2005, 03:24 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/finals05_inside_mainhdr_logo.g if

http://www.nba.com/media/pistons_sm.gifVShttp://www.nba.com/media/spurs_sm.gif

I know nets didnt even come to playoffs. :( but athukaaga NBA paarkaama iruka mudiyumma.. I am for Pistons :P

My prediction.. It will be a struggled victory for Pistons...

Already now in the 4th quarter they are 22 points lead.. :dance: :dance:

Let me know your predictions :b:

Shy

vasan
06-17-2005, 03:27 AM
4:2 Spurs :b: :b:

This is the last win for Pistons, Teacher.. :D

v- :D

anainar
06-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Struggled? No way!! The way Pistons are firing, it looks like no brainer. I watched the first two games. Pistons defence was in shambles and Manu Ginobli ran over the defence at his will and turned around the first match. Second match was a disaster for Pistons. Looks like Pistons had drawn up a strategy to counter the agile Manu.

My bet??? 4-2 for Pistons. Next two games are pistons. Spurs have had their wins already. :D :D :D

Cheers.

PS: Teacher, how come you stay up and watch the game? I myself get sleepy at 10:15 whereas you stay up till 11:30 to finish the game. Neengalum Basketball playeraa? Ilati hubbyku companya ukkanthu paarkareengala?? Just kidding.

goodcomplanboy
06-17-2005, 02:40 PM
PS: Teacher, how come you stay up and watch the game? I myself get sleepy at 10:15 whereas you stay up till 11:30 to finish the game. Neengalum Basketball playeraa? Ilati hubbyku companya ukkanthu paarkareengala?? Just kidding.

I guess Teacher is the Basketball Player. Avanga Hubby Cricket Player aakum :) Correct'a teacher.

My vote is definitely for Pistons.

Shy
06-17-2005, 02:58 PM
hihi.. I love basketball, athaan was awake the whole game.. Correct pa GCB, avar cricket player thaan :) :) :lol: :lol:

That was a great win for pistons, ben wallace norukitaan spurs'a and made his impact in many baskets and steals :clap: :clap: the only sad thing was i never knew he was married :cry: :cry: yesterday avan aalai kateenaanga .. romba thevaiyaakkum :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Vasan, parkalaam.. sunday game is in detriot.. ;) It will be "DEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL" Spurs paavam ;)

I am happy many are for pistons this time :ee: :ee:

Shy

vijitha
06-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Raptors :sm12: :sm12:

vasan
06-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Vasan, parkalaam.. sunday game is in detriot.. :wink: It will be "DEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL" Spurs paavam :wink:

rr.. Couldn't resist... :P :P :P

Spurs rombavey paavam.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

When a team has as much depth as Spurs, don't have to worry too much.. :P :P

Even more glad that it was our old buddy Robert Horry who nailed the coffin shut.. :P :P I mean.. come on... even a high school team would know not to leave Horry unattended at the arc... Sheed runs off to double team Manu??!!! :nono: :nono: :nono:

Heck of an entertainer, none the less. :clap: :clap: Finally a game worth watching.. :b:

Now, dear Deeeeeeeetroit Pistons, go win two at Duncan/Manu's turf.. :P :P :P Which, I might add, only the best of the best (the Lakers of course, :wink:) have done it.. !!

Shy
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .....

its fine... tuesday game appo parthukuroom :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Shy

anainar
06-20-2005, 07:09 PM
It was one heck of a game to watch!! Right to the wire till the end!!!

Too bad that the Deetroit defence lapsed in a crucial moment to leave Horry all by himself. And they failed to hit the hoop in the last 5 seconds also.

But hey, we will meet the lion in its den and pull out its teeth. :D :D :D

Cheers

vasan
06-20-2005, 07:19 PM
But hey, we will meet the lion in its den and pull out its teeth.

The record: Spurs have beaten Pistons at San Antonio 413 times in a row from like way back in 80s until now. :D Gonna take more than a miracle to pull off 2 games in a row. :D (take a miracle or two, or a team like, (long ago) Lakers.. :P :P )

Sorry about quenching the enthu. But there is really some strength in numbers.. :wink: :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, Eric Neel wants it to go for a 7 game series.. :D Waxing eloquent in ESPN..

Read it here.. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/050620

And lastly, and maybe most importantly, I want seven because I have a dream, and it goes like this: Seventh game, seven overtimes, 132 personal fouls, and just two men left standing. That's right: Darko and Rasho for all the marbles.

You with me?

I thought you would be.

I am with you, Eric.. :P :P all the way, right down to the wire.. :b: :b:

anainar
06-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Vasan,

There you go!! You got your seventh game. If no one did it in Texas, Deetroit can do it. :D :D :D. Another close game but won comfortably in the end by Deetroit.

Go Pistons go!! Already the Spurs had planned their Victory parade. Play spolisports Deetroit. :clap: :clap: :clap: Chance for Billups to be the MVP this year too.

Cheers

rsivaraman
06-22-2005, 04:03 AM
There you go!! You got your seventh game. If no one did it in Texas, Deetroit can do it. . Another close game but won comfortably in the end by Deetroit.

This is going to be amazing.. i dont think pistons can crack the 7th. Go spurs.. and as eric said would be happy to see such an ending :D :D

-Siva

vasan
06-22-2005, 04:04 AM
Well.. well.. well.. What I can I say.. :sm03: :sm03:

Deeeetroit is doing well.. :b: :b:

Wish manu & duncan are healthy though.. :( :(

'Nyways.. good job, Pistonss.. :clap: :clap: See you in Seven.. :b:

Shy
06-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Vasan.. ithu eppadi ;)

First time they ever won in their place'aam :sm03: :sm03:

Awesome work by everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shy

rsivaraman
06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
lets predict :wink:

spurs take the championship
96-85
lets say duncan with 28 points :P :P ... in and around that ball park

enna shy whats ur call?

-Siva

vasan
06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
First time they ever won in their place'aam

Luck? :P :P :P There MUST be a good reason why this is the only time.. :P

spurs take the championship
96-85

Siva :yes:

anainar
06-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Why just 96-85? Are these magic numbers??

My prediction is it will be a 100+ game, going into over time. And Deetroit is going to rewrite history. 11 years there was no 7th game in the Finals and here we are.

One tooth of the Lion is pulled already in its own den. Next tooth is shaking already. Go Deetroit Go!!!

Cheers

Shy
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
There you go anainar :yes: :yes: supera soliteenga :)

Siva.. this will be a 100+ game paarungo ;)

Shy

Shy
06-24-2005, 12:30 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 12:40 AM
:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

v- :P

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 01:13 AM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Shy

:D :D .veendina ellam anndavan championshipa thooki koodthuda mattaru..avvaruuke endha kudhirai mella bet kattanumnu therrilala :ahha:

-siva

Shy
06-24-2005, 01:17 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Shy's prayers are answered.. Timmy opens with a jolly 2 point shot.. :D

Shy
06-24-2005, 01:20 AM
romba thaan.. ippo 8-4 theriyum thaanae ;)

Shy

Shy
06-24-2005, 01:22 AM
sari half timela varaen :P

Shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Romba thaan.. :sm12:

Horry takes over in the first quarter.. leading both teams with 8.. :P :P Gooooo Robert !!!!!

Parker is struggling though.. :evil:

vasan
06-24-2005, 01:59 AM
Gonna be a low scoring game.. :Ksp: :Ksp:

80 by anyone will be a surprise.. unless Manu and Horry tweaks it up in the 4th..

Lets see..

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 02:44 AM
80 by anyone will be a surprise.. unless Manu and Horry tweaks it up in the 4th..

Lets see..

v-

i will go up to 80 for sure .. :D :D

-Siva

Shy
06-24-2005, 03:51 AM
aiyoo just 4 more.. but 22 secs ennatha seiyaa :(

Shy

Shy
06-24-2005, 03:52 AM
:oops: :oops: manu potutaan rendaiyum.....

its back to 6 now..

Shy

Shy
06-24-2005, 03:54 AM
yemathuraanga spurs ball ellai athu :evil: :evil:

Shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Come on guys.. take the stupid rebound.... Robbbbbbbb.... :evil:

20 more secs.. and 6th ring.. GOOOOOOO>.. :

v-

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 03:58 AM
this is great ..simply great :D ..finger crossed :00:

-Siva

Shy
06-24-2005, 03:58 AM
aahhh fine... we gave a good fight thou... :( :( :(

yemathi play panina naanga enna panrathaam ;)...

see you guys next year :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 03:59 AM
10 secs and LB takes off Billups?????? :Ksp: for Lindsey.. :? :?

darn strange...

Deetroit starts its foul games... :evil: :evil:

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNN !!!!

Congrats SPURS.. The NEWEST WORLD CHAMPS>> :clap:

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 04:00 AM
whooooooooooow ..spurs win :dance:

-siva

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Yahooooooooooo !!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

What did I say??? Manu & Rob gonna tune it up.. :sm03:

What did I say??? Timmy's town.. Don't expect to win.. He will MAKE it.. 25:11:3.. !! What stats!!

What did I say??? NOT going to be a huge game.. SPURs barely made it 81.. :D

What did I say??? Well.. just that SPURs have huuuuuge depth and will WIN...

What did I say??? NO one, I repeat NO one repeats in NBA except the greatest of them all.. :wink: :P :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See ya next year??? Oh.. Yeah..

I predict two things:

1) Lakers will MAKE it into play offs... :b:
2) Miami HEAT is the east coast winner... :b: :b:

What did I say?... well see you folks next year... :D

Heck with DeeeeeetROIT and its defence... Good luck next time people.. If your Chauncey forgets his offence, no defence can hold against a decent offensive lineup.. :D

GREAT work Tim Duncan and Manu and Rob.. :clap: :clap:

Especially to ROB.. This is his 6th RING... and very deserved... :clap:

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Out of the 9 analysts for Fox Sports only 3 picked Spurs.. (including Gary Payton.. :wink:)..

Guess their basketball is as good as their news.. :ahha:

Shy
06-24-2005, 04:10 AM
nonuthu poi irukaen.. ivarooda aatamum thaangalai.. ingae paartha neengalum :cry: :cry: :cry:

Next year parthukaraen unga ellaraiyum.... game 4laiyae gaali aagiduroom unga ellaraiyum

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Shy

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 04:11 AM
enna V.. what about my prediction for the 7th.. :wink:

i said 95-86 (81-74)...that was pretty off :(
duncan...28 (25)
and i said it will above 80..they just about made it..

conclusion.. east enders :D are good at predicting :yes: :yes:

-Siva

P.S ...illannu solli kavvuthudatheenga V :Ksp:

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:16 AM
game 4laiyae gaali aagiduroom unga ellaraiyum

Shy

Teacher...

Thoonga ponga.. innum better dreams ellaam varum.. :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Siva.. ellaam correctu.. cool predictions.. but athu enna east ender.... ?? :P :P

Oii.. kushiyala maththi adichudureengaa... :P :P

Westcoasters KNOW their basket ball.. Siva :yes: v- :wink: :wink: :P

Western Conf. deserves to win.. In fact, if the poor Dwayne was there, the Beeeeetroot team wouldn't even be there.. :ahha: :ahha:

:P

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 04:22 AM
east ender
neenga edho bluey styela koopitanganu pottingale.. try panni parthen... was i wrong ???

Westcoasters KNOW their basket ball.

rombha konndadina.. teacher vandhu picchiduvaanga :Ksp: :Ksp:

-Siva

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Eastenders is a TV serial in BBC.. like our OC.. :wink: :P (all hip youngsters.. :Ksp:)..
athaan namma vaal pasanga from east coast-a appadi koopittan.. :P

Teacher pichuda maattanga.. innum rendu vaaram 'thank you' sonnaa kooda :evil: romba thaan appadinnu solluvaanga.. :wink: :wink:

Achoo.. Shy.. chumaa pagidi.. pagidi.. :sm03: :D

v- :wink:

rsivaraman
06-24-2005, 04:32 AM
all hip youngsters

neenga thaana andha gang leader :think:

nalla vellai, na signaturela spurs beat pistons appadinnu podalamnu nennaichen..:wink:

-Siva

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:38 AM
neenga thaana andha gang leader

:nono: :nono:

Silix anne & GCB thambi & Nanaji.. :wink: :P

anainar
06-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Cha, I switched off the TV also because if I watch Pistons go for a spin. Too bad that their spirited performance is not good enough.

But hey, the better team won today. So what if Pistons lost this year? Spurs have to defend the title next year. Let us see then.

Cheers

anitam
06-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Chaa... Spurs won the game.. Expected a lot from pistons... eppavume kadaisila nalla vilayada arampichuduvanga...especially in 4th qr. But yesterday.. don't know what happened to them... Well anyway next year "Pistons" than...

Go Pistons.

Shy
06-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Kondaadungo nalla... :snooty: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Yes anitam, they are usually a 4th quarter pisthus.. but paavam.. i think its the fans pressure and stuff, they lost it... but irukatum irukatum.. beetroota... next year vaar.. spursa enna panroom parungo..

shy

vasan
06-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Oii... Sorry to pour cold-water on your Next YEAR enthu..

But I am not sure if LB is gonna coach... I wish him good health - and a lovely front office job with LeBron.. :D

The Wallaces are NOT a team, with out LB charting out their places and positions.. I would be very surprised if the team can actually do even half as decent.. Don't forget the early part of this season when Coach LB was recovering.. Downward spiral is putting it kindly. Only worse performance was the much lamented :doh: Lakers... :ahha:

See ya next year. rr.. At least in the regular season.. :ahha:

v-

Three times finals MVPs among the current players... Shaq, Timmy.. :sm03: :sm03:

coolian
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
(Basketball...bleh...)

Shy
06-24-2005, 05:47 PM
(Basketball...bleh...)

:evil:

Shy

anitam
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
(Basketball...bleh...)

Enna coolian eppdi soleteenga... neenga enna baseball fan-a????

Everyone in US will watch this NBA is itn't?

coolian
06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Baseball...basketball vida innum mOsam :ee:. Basketball's "ok"...nothing comes close to soccer though. Absolutely nothing.

goodcomplanboy
06-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Congrats to SPURS. The better team won in the fourth quarter.

anainar
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
You like NFL Cooli bro??

Actually I started watching Basketball/NFL only after coming to the US. But it was such a refreshing change from the monotonous cricket. I might even play with my son Football and tennis instead of cricket. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Soccer?? Any time it is better than these games. I presume you are talking about football played with foot( not the NFL kind of football ). :wink: :wink:

Baseball?? Another boring game. Never liked and never will.

Cheers

coolian
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Oh yes, I watch football too (NFL). Initially it was because most - if not all - my friends were mad about the game, so I just used to join in to see what the fuss was all about. But now I watch it for the fun of it :ee: very cool sport! But nowhere near soccer (yep, the one played with a REAL ball!).

goodcomplanboy
06-24-2005, 07:28 PM
I used to watch Basketball back in India too. My favorite team used to be Bulls, because they were the ones winning that time :D But started watching NFL only after coming over there. That too only after the 2004 Championship, where the Patriots won the championship in dying seconds against the Panthers. I kind of like the game now. Only thing is can'nt play, because no one else apart from me are interested.