PDA

View Full Version : Key tip to earn enough to retire at 50

dinesh
06-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Most weeks the magazine Investor's Chronicle carries a supplement, which they call Masterclasses. This week's one was about retirement and pensions. In it a chap called Chris Dillow has written an article titled "How I plan to retire at 50". Among many sensible and useful tips I found the following gem.

When I say keep your money to yourself, I don't just mean that you should keep it away from the chancellor and financial advisers. There are some people even more destructive of your wealth than these.

Who can these monsters be.

Wives. Ex-wives. And kids.

Class. :sm12:

See...I told y'all, it is now even acknowledged by financial experts. :P :P :P

anainar
06-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Dinesh,

If one does not have kids or wives( ex-wives ) they can even retire at 40. Roughly calculating-- a graduate engineer starts his career at 22 years. If he works for the next 18 years, starting at a salary of 3.5lac rupees, growing annually at a conservative 10% would have earned close to 1.6 crores by the end of his 40th year. Without wife or girl friend to gift for every occasion or kids to take care of, he can easily retire at 40 years. Happily retire with that money.

See you dont need an expert to say that. All you need is common sense. But many of us dont have that. :wink: :wink: :wink: Or feign lack of common sense. :wink: :wink:

Cheers.

Am sure you going to be bashed up by the women brigade. But dont you worry, I am there to come up with the numbers in defence. :D :D :D

Bluelotus
06-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Class. :sm12:

See...I told y'all, it is now even acknowledged by financial experts. :P :P :P
:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp:
Class my foot :ahha:

As far as I am concerned no man (or woman ) is an island.

But hey if you want to be one, then sure dude, you can amass enough money to retire at whatever age. There are scores of people like that hanging around the French and Italian rivieras.
For all that, I would refuse to call their lifestyle classy in any manner.

Amazing that the man considers his own progeny monsters to safeguard his precious gold from. :think:
reminds me of Smaug the dragon from the Hobit :?

The word retirement have always bought forth images of old ladies with those clear plastic head scarves and bored old men vaguely looking into a distant yet busier youth. :think:
I am not personally looking forward to retirement, although I know I do have to save for it, it's something that I refuse to dwell on. To me it signals the end of somebody's useful life to society. Both lecturers and future colleagues of mine seem to dread that word.

anyway...good luck Dinesh :b:

(and I won't mention this to the future Mrs D who is bound to turn up soon :ee: :ee:
after all we alredy have a Mrs Anainar, Mrs Sri_gan, Mrs Krishng, a future-Mrs Jaggy;
bound to be a Mrs D too :ahha: )

blue.

valluvan
06-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Dinesh,

If one does not have kids or wives( ex-wives ) they can even retire at 40. Roughly calculating-- a graduate engineer starts his career at 22 years. If he works for the next 18 years, starting at a salary of 3.5lac rupees, growing annually at a conservative 10% would have earned close to 1.6 crores by the end of his 40th year. Without wife or girl friend to gift for every occasion or kids to take care of, he can easily retire at 40 years. Happily retire with that money.

See you dont need an expert to say that. All you need is common sense. But many of us dont have that. :wink: :wink: :wink: Or feign lack of common sense. :wink: :wink:

Cheers.

Am sure you going to be bashed up by the women brigade. But dont you worry, I am there to come up with the numbers in defence. :D :D :D

Anainar. :P ......you have mistaken the quote and D's view. The Quote and D didn't tell that we shouldn't have wife(wives) or kids. It says "We need to keep away our money from wife (wives) and kids".

To some extent, the point is a valid one. :wink: As I say this, this won't applicable for woman who can do a better money management. If we got one the other way around, no one help us except ourselves. :ahha:

I think that the woman brigade too accept this. :ahha:

dinesh
06-27-2005, 11:05 PM
(and I won't mention this to the future Mrs D who is bound to turn up soon
after all we alredy have a Mrs Anainar, Mrs Sri_gan, Mrs Krishng, a future-Mrs Jaggy;
bound to be a Mrs D too
We've already discussed about this a lot haven't we Blue :ahha:

growing annually at a conservative 10%nainar anne, 10% growth is conservative? :00: minimum riskooda 10% return enge irukkunu sollunga please....