PDA

View Full Version : Prabalangalin Arimugangal

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:10 PM
We know lots of singers, directors and other famous persons in kollywood. But we dont know about about them. So this thread is particulary for those personalities.

If you find some interesting news about various personalities, then u can post here.

or even if u want to know about some persons, u can request that here in this thread. I will try to post it here..

cheers.

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Here goes my first Arimugam: Famous Play back singer Shreya Goshal

http://www.indoamerican-news.com/images/101504/ShreyaGoshal.jpg

Ghoshal who started her career at the turn of the millennium in 2001 has already received the National Award for Best Play Back Singer from President Kalam and bagged the prestigious Filmfare Award two years in a row for 2002-2003 which makes her the undisputed leader of the filmi music world.

The shy, coy singer actually shot to dizzy heights of fame with her signature song ‘’Dola re dola re’ from the box office hit Devdas. Her other hits include the sensational ‘Jadu hai nasha hai’ song from ****, which she said was recorded when she was only seventeen. “I was even more nervous when I heard that it was meant for the sensuous Bipasha Basu," Ghoshal said.

Ghoshal sings in 18 different Indian languages. She gave the audience a taste of her talent when she sang in Bengali, (her mother tongue) and one in Tamil. The combo rendition of the all time great singing sirens Geeta Dutt (late), Latha Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle wa the highlight of her performance.

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:14 PM
another cute photo of Shreya Goshal

http://www.sekier.com/ned/images/BannerShreyaGoshal.jpg

cheers.

goodcomplanboy
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I like Shreya Ghosal :b: athanaale thaan ava kooda duet paadinen :wink:

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:24 PM
theriyum GCB. unga post dhaan first reply varumnu theriuym. correcta vandhudichu..

enjoy..

cheers.

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Here goes my second arimugam: Chinmayi

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/images/chinmayi/chinmayi01.jpg

She is creating waves in the South Indian music scene, having sung several hit numbers for leading music directors like A R Rahman, Vidyasagar, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Bharadwaj, Imaan, Dhina and Ramesh Vinayagam among others.

Chinmayi is a versatile singer both in the classical mould (her forte is Ghazals, a rarity in Tamil Nadu) and in light music. Chinmayi's asset is her Tamil pronunciation, being a Tamil herself. Endowed with a sweet voice, she has honed her skills through hard work in learning Hindustani and 0.

Her first film song, the title song in Kannathil Muthamittal took the industry by storm. It was a dream debut - a brilliant composition by Rahman and superbly picturised by Mani Ratnam and well enacted by Simran and Keerthana. She has sung a few more numbers for Rahman besides other leading music directors.

Chinmayi has other talents as well. She can write well as she has shown in her column for Chennaionline on new restaurants in Chennai.

Profile of Chinmayi
20 Years

Education

* Higher Secondary Schooling from the National Open School
Pursuing B Sc Psychology from the University of Madras
* Web designing skills from NIIT Ltd.
* E-commerce certificate from SSI Ltd

Languages known

* English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and working knowledge in Malayalam
* Degree in German from the Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai

Additional professional activities

* Playback Singer
* Classical Musician and Odissi Dancer

Previous Experience

* Worked for Sify.com with Carnatic Music.com for a period of 1 Year from 1999 - 2000
* Worked for StudentConcepts.com for a period of five months on their project with Schools from February – July 2001
* Freelance German Translator

Awards Received

* All India First and Best Performer Award from Sangam Kala Group in the Year 1999
* All India First from the All India Radio for Ghazals in the Year 2000.
* Best Female Playback Singer Award for the year 2002 for the Movie Kannathil Muthamittal from Best Media Associates (Variety Entertainment) Awarded on 18.1.2003

* Jewel of Sangam Kala in the Year 2002
* Award from Ajanta Fine Arts for Kannathil Muthamittaal
* Pride of Sangam Award for the year 2003.
* ITFA Award for the Best Upcoming Playback Singer for the Year 2002 for Kannathil Muthamittaal awarded at Genting Highlands, Malaysia.

Performances

* Proficient in Ghazals and both Hindustani and Carnatic forms of Indian classical music and giving concerts in all the above.

Movies

* Opening in Films from A R Rahman in ‘Kannathil Muthamittaal’ of Madras Talkies.

Released films in Tamil

* Kannathil Muthamittal, (Kannathil Muthamittal)
* Vaseegara, (Oru Thadavai Solvaaya)
* Whistle, (Kirukka Kirukka)
* Saena, (Uyir Pirindaalum)
* Eera Nilam, (poonthena)
* Thithikudhe, (Mainaave Mainaave)
* Nala Damayanti, (Enna Idhu)
* Boys, (Please Sir, Ayyappa Saamy)
* Anbe Un Vasam, (Kanna)
* Soori, (Pirivellam Pirivalla)
* Enakku 20 Unakku 18, (Sandippoma, Oru Nanban Irundhaal)

Image, (Kaadhal Ennum)
* Kangalal Kaidhu Sei, (En Uyir Thozhiye)
* Pudhukkottaiyilerendhu Saravanan, (Pudhu Kaadhal)
* Kadhal Kirukkan, (Poove Mudhal Poove)
* Kuthu, (Ennai Theendivittaay)
* Nee Mattum, (Oh Minnale)
* Jananam, (Nee dhane)
* Senthazhampoove, (Senthaazhampoove)
* Jore (Bad Boy)
* New (If you wanna)
* Kadhal Sarigama (Thanneeril Meen Onru)

Released films in Telugu
Amruta, Allari, Naga, Boys, Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu, Oka Oorilo, Satta.
Released films in Malayalam Vaalkannadi, Thilakam, Kannina Kannen, Agale
TV Serials

* Opening in serials from Vidya Sagar in the Malayalam Serial
* ‘Saarthakam’ in the year 1999.
* ‘Anbulla Snehidiye (Dhina)’ for Madras Talkies was the first Tamil Serial.
* ‘Marakka Mudiyuma’ (Dhina),
* ‘Ganga Gayathri (Imman),
* ‘Varam’ (Murugan),

* ‘Sharada (Rajesh Vaidya)’,
* ‘Appa’ (Dhina),
* ‘Kanavugal’(Tamil),
* ‘Naanna’ (Tlg),
* Pratighatana (Rajesh Vaidya)’ (Tlg),
* ‘Natakam’ (Tlg).

Albums

* ‘Swandam’ in Malayalam by East Coast Audio Entertainments
* 'Old is gold', a Hindi Remix album by Aagosh
* Many songs for Hindu and Christian Devotional albums

krishng
07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
My next arimugam: Karthik (Playback Singer)

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/images/karthik/karthik-01-200.jpg

or young Karthik, it was a dream come true – to sing for superstar Rajnikant in his film Baba, that too for A R Rehman.

It is not too often that a youngster gets opportunities like that. Karthik had sung a few songs earlier for Ilayaraja and also in 'Star' for Rahman. However, for Rajni and that too in the much-hyped film Baba was like reaching Mount Everest in your teens.

Earlier, he was not too sure whether to sing or pursue an academic career. For a couple of years, thanks to his singer-friend Srinivas, he got an opportunity to meet Rehman and sing 'harmony' (which is more commonly known as chorus) for several songs.

That was actually a good break and a good experience for him, says Karthik, since it prepared him for the serious world of music.

He learnt Hindustani music and prepared himself for an extensive career in music.

One day, he was surprised when Rehman called him and asked him to try out a couple of songs by singing the track for Baba. But Rehman did not give him false hopes. Rajni might have to agree. Rehman was in London and sent the song outline through the Internet. Karthik sang the track portion, and Rehman received it in London. Apparently, he liked it. Rehman later keyed in the music.

Rehman recommended to Rajni that Karthik's voice be used. Karthik kept his fingers crossed. Rajni heard the song and liked the voice. “Let us give the youngster a boost”, Rajni seems to have said. He backed Karthik and gave the nod. Karthik was thrilled to hear that Rajni had okayed it and that he would sing two songs for the film.

The success of 'Maya, Maya' and 'Sakthi Kodu' in Baba catapulted Karthik to fame. He is now a regular singer for the leading music directors including Rehman, Ilayaraja, Vidyasagar, Bharathwaj, Deva, Harris Jayaraj and so on. The list of hits is growing by the day. It is true to say that he is probably among the busiest male singers in the South today.

Karthik Raja was the one who actually introduced him to Ilayaraja. It was a great experience for the young singer. However, he managed to impress the maestro. One of his best numbers for Ilayaraja was the hit, 'Oliyile Therivathu Deivathaiya' for 'Azhagi'.

Karthik is among the few singers in the Tamil film industry whose mother-tongue is Tamil and can write the lyrics in Tamil. Among his other hit songs are 'Naenthukitten' in Star, 'Manjaikattu Maina', 'Aval Ulaga Azhagiye' in Lesa Lesa, and 'Maro Maro' and 'Girl Friend' for 'Boys'.

The 'Boys' songs in particular marks another landmark in his career. The Rehman-Shankar combination is something that every singer would like. To get an opportunity to sing three songs in that film, the release of which is eagerly awaited, was a big thing, he feels.

Though Karthik looks smart and good looking enough to be a model and a hero, he steadfastly refuses acting assignments. He He still pursues his academic career vigorously. He is doing MCA course now, despite being busy in the music arena. He is a God-fearing person and still believes he has a long way to go. He will certainly go far.

Karthik still pursues his academic career and is doing the MCA course. Despite being busy in the music arena.

He has come a long way but he is bound to go far and reach greater heights.

List of hit songs of Karthik
'Oliyile Therivathu' (Azhagi)
'Naenthukitten Naenthukitten' or 'Aasai Dosai' (Star)
'Manjakaattu Maina' (Manathai Thirudivittaay)
'Thozha Thozha' (Kaadhal Samrajyam)
'Theradi Veethiyile' (Run)
'July Malargale' (Bhagavathy)
'Maya, Maya' (Baba)
'Sakthi Kodu' (Baba)
'Girl Friend' (Boys)
'Maro Maro' (Boys)
'O Nanbane' (Dhil)
'Sundari' (Kannathil Muthamittal)
'Anna Saalaiyil' (Roja Koottam)
'Aval Ulaga Azhagiye' (Lesa Lesa)
'Buck Buck' (Parthiban Kanavu)
'Moonrezhuthu' (Paarthale Paravasam)

Shy
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Great thread Krish :b:

Shreya is chweet.....

chinmayi voice nala irukkum.... but still got to hear more of her thou... but just 20 years.. oops.. she looks old for her age...

Shy

Shy
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I love karthik's voice.. so manly.. wow...

Krish.... Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is .... that was one good voice :b:

Shy

krishng
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Krish.... Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is .... that was one good voice :b:

Shy

i think that guy is Arunmozhi. old singer. his major hit was varadhu vandha nayagan song from thaalutu kekudhama for parthiban with s. janaki. very sweet voice. will try to get some details about that guy soon.

cheers.

Shy
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks pa.. sure info kedaicha post panungo.. :)

Shy

goodcomplanboy
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
* Kannathil Muthamittal, (Kannathil Muthamittal)
* Vaseegara, (Oru Thadavai Solvaaya)
* Thithikudhe, (Mainaave Mainaave)
* Nala Damayanti, (Enna Idhu)
* Boys, (Please Sir, Ayyappa Saamy)
* Enakku 20 Unakku 18, (Sandippoma)
* Kangalal Kaidhu Sei, (En Uyir Thozhiye)

I like all these songs of Chinmayi :b:

Karthik is indeed a very good singer. I guess he also sang in the Saptha Swarangal competition or something similar to that. I like all his songs.

krishng
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
s..GCB, karthik was in sapthswarangal competition. When he came for finals, he had to compete with Ranjith. And I guess finally Ranjith won the competition. Do u know Ranjith? he is a play back singer now. one of his popular song is Pudhu Kaadhal Kaalam idhu from pudhukotailirundhu saranvan.

cheers.

thamizh
07-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I didnt knw Ranjith came through the music show too. does anyone have his pic?

I am actually a big fan of Karthik, he is really good! Very versatile. He has got many more years in Cineworld for sure! :b: :clap:

vijitha
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
good thread Krish....

me like Chinmayi and Karthik :b:

krishng
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
thamizh, i also tried for the details about ranjith. but i couldnt get one until now. as soon as i get it, i ll post it here..

cheers.

ns80
07-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Veera padam right.. athula meena will be having bath, appo thalaivar will have flowers in his hand and sing a song... very short one.. any idea who that guy is

shy, as krish said, it is indeed Arunmozhi. The song you are talking about is Aathule Annakili. His first song was Naan Enbadhu Nee Allavo Deva Devi in Soorasamharam. He is basically a flute player and used to play for Ilayaraja.

A thread about Arunmozhi (http://coldfusion.tfmpage.com/forum/22648.13.15.21.html)

rsivaraman
07-06-2005, 03:50 PM
karthik was in sapthswarangal competition. When he came for finals, he had to compete with Ranjith. And I guess finally Ranjith won the competition. Do u know Ranjith? he is a play back singer now. one of his popular song is Pudhu Kaadhal Kaalam idhu from pudhukotailirundhu saranvan.

cheers.
yeah krish, is he the one who has sung the song yela yela from arindhum ariyamalum. he's got a good voice.

-Siva

krishng
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
yeah krish, is he the one who has sung the song yela yela from arindhum ariyamalum. he's got a good voice.

-Siva

S.. Siva, u r right. yela yela song in arindhum ariyamalum was sung by Ranjith. the same guy.

cheers.

chinglees
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh Krish...nalla thread :P

naan chinmayi paathurkene :dance: enga area
Karthik en friendku romba close vera(nera paarka azhagaa irpaan :wink: )...avala popularaa :00: naan poi konjam ARkita intro panna solanum :dance:

goodcomplanboy
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
His first song was Naan Enbadhu Nee Allavo Deva Devi in Soorasamharam. He is basically a flute player and used to play for Ilayaraja.

yup right :b: I love the song Naan Enbathu Nee Allavo Deva Devi.. deva logam veru yethu, devi ingu ulla bothu....

krishng
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
naan chinmayi paathurkene :dance: enga area
Karthik en friendku romba close vera(nera paarka azhagaa irpaan :wink: )...avala popularaa :00: naan poi konjam ARkita intro panna solanum :dance:

chingi, appo neenga koodiya seekiram cine fieldla poiruveengannu sollunga... niraya cine personality ungalukku therinchirukku..

cheers.

chinglees
07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
heheheh Krish...ellam kanavula thaan nadakum :(

Karthik...Ayanavaram area....DG .Vaishnav Collegela B.COM apram MCA entha university therila :Ksp:

thamizh
07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
prabalangal'innu sollittu ellorum singers'aa irukaanga?
vera yaaruchum vera field'la irukuravanga pathi sollunga.

thamizh
07-06-2005, 09:40 PM
thamizh, i also tried for the details about ranjith. but i couldnt get one until now. as soon as i get it, i ll post it here..

cheers.

thanks krish, even i have tried to find info on him in google, tamil sites etc but no news, nothing at all about him ! donno why he isnt famous even though some of his songs are.
Karthik has been on all newspapers and sites as far as i knw and quite frequently can read interviews or other columns abt him for eg. in Hindu

chinglees
07-06-2005, 09:43 PM
From Prodigy to Master
At the Madras Music Academy's festival of December 1969, the scene was set for a sensational occurrence. A young lad, yet to reach three years, was seated on the stage with the respected Experts' Committee of the prestigious Music Academy of Madras before him. In a playful mood, the boy astounded his audience by identifying over 325 raga-s and 175 tala-s. He further answered technical questions about different types of raga-s, gamaka-s (musical glides and shakes), parts of compositions and nomenclature. The Music Academy Journal writes 'With mikes all around him and his hands full of biscuits, all the time playing, the child gave out correct answers.'
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Stage/2225/pictures/ravikiran.jpg

So impressed were the experts of the Academy that they proposed to award him a monthly stipend of 50 rupees for three years. Within a year he had given a vocal performance at the Shanmughananda Sabha in Bombay and by the age of five had a repertoire of about 500 songs. The playful lad was none other than N. Ravikiran.

'Rarely do artistes in the music field live up to childhood promise. On many occasions genius in early years disappears in a flash. Ravikiran, the chitra veena artiste, has consolidated his precocity in childhood to present an image of a responsible player with nothing erratic about him that is normally attributed to gifted persons.' SVK in The Hindu, 12-1-96

Born in 1967 into a musical family, Ravikiran is considered an unprecedented phenomenon in Carnatic music. His grandfather Sri K. S. Narayana Iyengar was a renowned gottuvadhyam artiste and his father, Sri Narasimhan, is also a gifted gottuvadhyam artiste and vocalist.

The gottuvadhyam, more correctly called chitra veena, is a complicated ancient instrument with twenty-one strings. Unlike the traditional veena or sitar, it is fretless. The fretless nature of the instrument makes it the closest instrument to vocal standards. There are six strings used for the melody with the remaining strings used for providing a drone (3) and resonance (12). The fingers on the right hand are usually used with plectra to pluck the metal melody strings while a cylindrical block made out of wood, teflon or ebony is used to slide along the strings to vary the notes played. Ravikiran is the undisputed master of the instrument.

By the age of twelve, Ravikiran was a full-fledged vocal artiste and was given an A-grade ranking in All India Radio. At around this age, he switched over from vocal music to the difficult chitra veena to prove to sceptics that this instrument was indeed suited to Carnatic music. Within a short time he was a master of the instrument as well.

Ravikiran has performed all around the world at major international festivals including the Autumn Festival of France (1985), Rang Raag Festival, U.K. (1986), the International Music Festival of Radio France (1987) and Festivals of India in France, Germany and Switzerland. He has also toured USA, Canada and South East Asia extensively. Ravikiran started receiving many awards and titles from 1973 including 'Best Junior Musician' (Music Academy, Madras), 'Sangeeth Samraat' (Wisdom International), 'Kalaimamani' (Tamil Nadu Government), 'Sangeeta Choodamani' (Krishna Gana Sabha) and 'Isai Peroli' (Karthik Fine Arts).

The music of Ravikiran is synonymous with classicism. His unruffled stately manner on the stage is just one sign of his mastery and mature musicianship. He has a dedication to perfection, always aiming to bring out the finer nuances and graces of Carnatic music. Ravikiran plays in the gayaki or vocal style of Carnatic music which features fidelity in sruthi and laya. The austerity, traditional purity, and classicism of his musical style have earned him rave reviews from musical purists. NMN's description of him as a 'Sangeetha Gnani' implies self-reverence, self-knowledge and self-control.

Despite his busy musical schedule from a young age, Ravikiran completed his B. Com via correspondence and has founded the 'International Foundation for Carnatic Music' to advance the cause of Carnatic music. He has written several articles on music and is a composer or merit also. A complete dance drama with music composed by him will premier at the 20th Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival in 1997. Ravikiran has released numerous cassettes and CDs. He has recently collaborated with Blues singer and guitarist, Taj Mahal, and North Indian musician, V. M. Bhatt to produce the highly acclaimed CD, Mumtaz Mahal.

Ravikiran is musical phenomenon, master and genius. Pandit Ravi Shankar summed things up when he said 'If you don't believe in God, just look at Ravikiran.'

thamizh
07-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Hmm never heard of him .... maybe its my ignorance of carnatic music! :oops:

he he.. this is my 200th post !! :wink:

Shy
07-07-2005, 12:03 AM
naanum kelvi patathu illai :oops:

Congrats Thamizh :b:

Chinglees.. once cinefield poitaena... bandha yethum ellama.. naanga ellarum unnai parka vanthu oru taj or residencyla accomodation koduthu... nalla treat ellam kodupa ellai ;)

Shy

ns80
07-07-2005, 01:54 AM
I have heard Chitraveena Ravikiran play onstage once, during my schooldays more than a decade back. Dont have much gnanam to appreciate classical music. The concert was really pleasant to hear.

One basic question, is gottuvadhiyam and chitra veena both the same :think: i thought they were different :Ksp:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does anyone know information about singer Mahathi :think: Yup, the girl who sang Pidichirukku in Samy.

chinglees
07-07-2005, 01:57 AM
kandipaa :ee:

Ravikiran...carnatic field'la romba famous...Genious....Avar pathi therinjukanumaa?itho www.ravikiranmusic.com

krishng
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Congrats Thamizh :b:

Shy

edhukku thamizhkku congrats shy? any good news?

cheers.

krishng
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
here goes my next arimugam: Mrs. Malathy Lakshman

http://www.lakshmansruthi.com/images/malathy2.jpg

Name - Malathy Lakshman
Date of Birth - 27th August 1973
Mother Tongue - Tamil, also knows Telugu
Profession - Play back singer
Education - 10th std
Family: Husband- V.Lakshman
Daughter- Shruthi (learning Carnatic music from Nityashree)
Orchestra - Lakshman Shruthi & other troupes
Stage Debut - 1986
Musical debut in films Film: 'Saathi sanam' , Song: 'Machane, Machane'
Sang first in public - During her brother's marriage ceremony
Hobbies - All music related
Favourtie singer - Male: the inimitable S.P.Balasubramaniam
Female: ever smiling Chitra
Favourite Song - All MGR songs especially “Tharai mel pirakka vaithaan, engalai kanneeril midhakka vaithaan” from the film Padakotti
Favourite Movie - Naayagan, Autograph
About her husband - 'Lakshman is not behind my success, he is my success'
Career & Experience - Mrs. Malathy Lakshman started her career as stage singer in 1986.
She is accompanying for star night shows with music directors, play back singers & cine actors.
She had performed more than 5000 live shows and performed more than 150 films and 20 private albums.

Abroad Programmes

She had been to France, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark for Star Night shows and also visited Sydney, Melbourne with playback singers Dr.K.J. Yesudoss & Dr.S.P. Balasubramaniam, Sujatha & Anuradha sriram.

She gave her stage performance in Colombo, Singapore, Malaysia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Sharjah, UK, USA & Canada with Lakshman Sruthi band and visited Singapore, Malaysia, Colombo and Dubai with music directors for the concerts.
Special Attraction - She sang a song in "Saathi Sanam" a Tamil movie - music director Deva, followed by "Karmegam", "Parthiban Kanavu", "Suetchai MLA", "Anbae Sivam". After arresting the minds of Tamil audience with 'Manmatha raasaa, Ummaa ummammaa, Madhamadha madhannu, Saappida vaadaa and Kumbida Pona Deivam now she is out to capture audiences in neighbouring States too. Some of her latest numbers have already become roaring hits in Andhra Pradesh smashing previous records. To name a few, `Aa ante Amalapuram' in the film "Arya" and `Vanga Mulappu' in the movie "Yours" and few numbers in the film 'Sankar Dhaadhaa M.B.B.S', Anandamananda Maye, Donga Dongadi, Shiv Sankar made her the hot favourite and most sought after female playback singer in the Telugu filmdom.

She is also famous for her exceptional ability of singing in 40 different voices like K.B.Sundarambal, Dr.Vijayalakshmi Navaneethakrishnan, Bangalore Ramaniammal, Manorama, S.Varalakshmi, Soolamangalam Sisters, Usha Uthup, Subha Mudhgal, Alka Yagnick...and others!
Happiest moment - What else could be the happiest moment? Being married to Lakshman who has been all supportive.
Sad Moment - On 14 th february valentines day, half way through her programme, in a Thanjavur college she received the news of her father's sad demise. Not wanting to disappoint her audience, she continued the programme controlling her tears. She was not able to see her father after she returned from the programme.

ns80
07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Suetchai MLA :00: indha padam eppo vandhudhu :think: I do remember Sadhisanam, don't quite remember this song, there was one other song "Sarumathi Nee dhaan sandhamadi" by Unnikrishnan that was good. The movie never got released, or rather went straight to dabba (:lol:).
~~~~~~~~~
which song did Malathi sing in Parthiban Kanavu :think:
~~~~~~~~~
I guess even Sunitha Sarathy is famous as a stage singer. She got introduced in film playback singing in Ayutha Ezhuthu - Hey Goodbye Nanba.

Shy
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Krish.. tamizh 200th post soli irunthaar right athuku :)

I want to know abt this lady... chocolate padathula antha famous paatu padinaalae.. bengaali girl...

Shy

krishng
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
which song did Malathi sing in Parthiban Kanavu :think:

vaadi machiniye song NS. some major recent hits are manmadha raasa and kumbida pona deivam. indha paatunaladhaan ippo iva prabalam. but ivalukku talent irukku. i have seen spl pongal program in suntv with some singers. in that she sang in many voices like mentioned in that article.

cheers.

anitam
07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Nice thread krish. Good to know about play back singers... nice infos..

I like shreya, karthik and chinmaye.

krishng
07-07-2005, 04:59 PM
My next arimugam: Pa. Vijay

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/halloffame/images/pavijay3.jpg

Pa. Vijay is one of the most sought after lyricist today. Some of his popular songs are 'Karupu daan enakku puducha coloru', ‘Ennakkoru girlfriend venum ada ….’, 'Vetri Kodi Kattu', 'Swaasame' from Thenali, all the songs from Paarvai Ondre Podume, and Thulluvado Ilamai, in recent times 'Ichuthaa', 'July malargal', 2 songs from Dhool, Priyamana Thozhi, Boys, 'Dimsukatai' from Thirumalai ….'Bak Bak Madapura' etc. He is happy that Sneha’s favourite song is his song ‘Bak Bak Madapura’ and feels a sense of achievement when stars recognize him at functions. Author of many books Vijay’s wish is to translate them into many other languages in the near future. His proud moment came when AR Rahman, Shankar and Bharatiraja released ‘Silmishiye’, one his literary works.

krishng
07-07-2005, 05:03 PM
My Next arimugam: Savitha

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/halloffame/images/timages/savitha.jpg

vera yaarum illanga indha savidha. simran, jothika, namitha and innum pala munnani heroines thiraila populara irukarthukku ivanga koralum oru reason. ivanga koral illena simran, jovoda koral ellam nianichukooda paarka mudiyaadhu. ivangaley ippo nerla vandhu pesinaalum simran pesara madhiri dhaaney ippo namkku irukkum.

Name:Savitha.R
Date of Birth:20.09.1975
Favourite Color:Green Favourite
Dish:Fish Fingers With French Fries
Greatest Style Obsession:Comfort fit
What makes you laugh?Meaningless Chatter boxes
Whom do you want to meet? My would be (Husband)
How long does it take to get ready? It depends.
Your Biggest Asset?Child Mind
What makes you sad?When you see ones real dimension

Shy
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Yep..savitha I know... iva voice thaan avangalukku ellam pillar...

Mayavila olunga jo iva voice vachu irukanum..bayamburutheeta :oops:

Shy

krishng
07-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Mayavila olunga jo iva voice vachu irukanum..bayamburutheeta :oops:

Shy

thats true. jo romba bayamoorthitta.. :D

cheers.

ns80
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Savitha got married sometime last year right :think: and said she wo'nt be doing dubbing after that. this is atleast a year back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, next intro is about a golden 80s singer Jency Anthony...

http://www.dhool.com/gifs/jency_big.jpg

In an arena where mere survival demands a Herculean effort, to shrug off a promising career nonchalantly, and to forgo a future of fame and fortune without even a tinge of regret is simply unimaginable. Jency did just that. She bid a cheerful adieu to tfm and settled to a contended life of marital bliss, raising two children over the years, while working as a music teacher in a small Government school in an obscure Kerala hamlet.

In a career that lasted a mere 4-5 years, the number of chart-toppers that Jency sang is something remarkable. Even while retaining S.Janaki as his mainstay, IR was experimenting with various young singers in those years- Sasirekha, Shailaja, Sujatha and Uma Ramanan, to name a few. Jency was among his pet protégés. And like a wishful windfall, many of IR’s exquisite compositions came her way.

A brief look at Jency’s songs:

1978:

1. vaanathu poongkiLi- thiripurasundari-with SJ- IR
2. adipeNNE- muLLum malarum- IR
3. alankara ponoonjalE - sonnathu nee thaana-with MV- IR (only humming by Jency)
4. en uyir nee thaanE- priya-with KJY- IR
5. aada chonnarE- vattathukkuL sathuram- IR

1979:

6. thamthana namthana- pudhiya vaarppugaL-with B Vasantha- IR
7. idhayam pOguthE- pudhiya vaarppugaL- IR
8. thOttam koNda rasavE- pagalil Or iravu-with IR- IR
9. mayilE mayilE- kadavuL amaitha mEdai-with SPB-IR
10. geetha sangeetha- anbE sangeetha-with JC- IR
11. iru paRavaigaL - niRam maaRaatha pookaL- IR
12. aayiram malargaLE- niRam maaRatha pookaL-with MV& SPS- IR
13. gnyaan gnyaan paadanam- poonthaLir- IR
14. hey masthana- azhagE unnai aaradhikkiREn-with SPB,VJ,JC- IR
15. akka oru rajaathi- mugathil mugam paarkalaam-with JC- IR

1980:

16. meen kodi thEril- karumbuvil- IR
17. deiveega raagam- ullasa paRavaigaL- IR
18. theertha karaithanilE- thaippongal- IR
19. en vaanilE - johny- IR
20. naan unnai thirumba thirumba- ellaam un kairasi-IR
21. kaathaadu aasai koothaaduthu- karadi-with MC Balu- GA?

1981:

22. vaadi en kappakkizhangE- alaigaL Oivathillai-with GA,IR- IR
23. kaadhal Oviyam- alaigaL Oivathillai - with IR- IR
24. poo malarndhida -tik tik tik- with KJY- IR
25. paniyum naanE malarum neeyE - panimalar- with SPB- SG

1982:

26. en gaanam indRu arangERum- eera vizhi kaaviyangaL-with IR- IR
27. kalyaNam ennai mudikka - metti-with Rajesh,Radhika- IR
28. poothu nikkuthu kaadu- echchil iravugaL- with MV- IR
29. aaththOram kaathaada - engEyO kEtta kural- IR

There is a song 'poochoodi pottum vechu' from the unreleased film ponni, MD-GA.

Much has been said about Jency’s voice, and some more, about her pronunciation. But it is an undisputable fact that many of her songs were (or for that matter, still are) oft-listened favourites. And it is a fact too that she was immensely popular in her time. I remember the days when her songs were aired on listeners’ requests repeatedly. And many of thamizh chEvai iRaNdu listeners used to enquire eagerly about Jency, the person behind the voice. But Jency preferred to remain an elusive enigma, shying from publicity. I saw a picture of hers for the first time a year back in a magazine interview, where she spoke about her career, expressing her gratitude to IR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intro suttufied from Saravanan @ Dhool.com :ee: Thanks to his extensive writeup on Jency :sm03: . I can't imagine myself writing such a detailed intro :ahha:. Liked her voice in "En Vaanile", "Poo Malarndhida", "En Gaanam","Ayiram MAlargale".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is an interview she gave to Vikatan last November:
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2004/nov/14112004/av0209.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~
Does anyone know about a singer called B.S.Sasirekha :think: Often get her voice confused with one of Vani Jayaram's :Ksp:

krishng
07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Jency was a good singer. only Ilayaraja gave her chance. its pity.

thanx for the info NS.

cheers.

vasan
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
I remember BS Sasirekha.. :D Tiruchi vaanoli nilayam thiraippada paadalkaL at 7.00 am every work day morning.. :D :D

Ippo nyabagam varala.. only the names are there burned into my head...

Saw the list of Jency's Songs.. cheeezzzzz.. So many songs that I know, and have liked tremondously over the years..

Great work Nana & rest of the posteees.. :wink:

v- :D

thamizh
07-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Krish.. tamizh 200th post soli irunthaar right athuku :)

I want to know abt this lady... chocolate padathula antha famous paatu padinaalae.. bengaali girl...

Shy

Nandri for your congrats Shy ! :b:

BTW, Shy, r u askin abt Mathangi? Deva introduced her several years. She has sang with most of the Music Directors, including ARRahman in Kangalaal kaithu Sei.
Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate and the duo have returned with their latest song together "Thachiko" in Ponniyin Selvan.

thamizh
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
:ee:

shivadev
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/halloffame/images/pavijay3.jpg

Pa. Vijay is one of the most sought after lyricist today. Some of his popular songs are 'Karupu daan enakku puducha coloru', ‘Ennakkoru girlfriend venum ada ….’, 'Vetri Kodi Kattu', 'Swaasame' from Thenali, all the songs from Paarvai Ondre Podume, and Thulluvado Ilamai, in recent times 'Ichuthaa', 'July malargal', 2 songs from Dhool, Priyamana Thozhi, Boys, 'Dimsukatai' from Thirumalai ….'Bak Bak Madapura' etc. He is happy that Sneha’s favourite song is his song ‘Bak Bak Madapura’ and feels a sense of achievement when stars recognize him at functions. Author of many books Vijay’s wish is to translate them into many other languages in the near future. His proud moment came when AR Rahman, Shankar and Bharatiraja released ‘Silmishiye’, one his literary works.

this same guy, got national award for the year 2004 which were anounsed today, for this song"ovvoru pookalume...." in the movie autograph..... :b: :yes: :b:

shivadev
07-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Savitha got married sometime last year right :think: and said she wo'nt be doing dubbing after that. this is atleast a year back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, next intro is about a golden 80s singer Jency Anthony...

http://www.dhool.com/gifs/jency_big.jpg

In an arena where mere survival demands a Herculean effort, to shrug off a promising career nonchalantly, and to forgo a future of fame and fortune without even a tinge of regret is simply unimaginable. Jency did just that. She bid a cheerful adieu to tfm and settled to a contended life of marital bliss, raising two children over the years, while working as a music teacher in a small Government school in an obscure Kerala hamlet.

In a career that lasted a mere 4-5 years, the number of chart-toppers that Jency sang is something remarkable. Even while retaining S.Janaki as his mainstay, IR was experimenting with various young singers in those years- Sasirekha, Shailaja, Sujatha and Uma Ramanan, to name a few. Jency was among his pet protégés. And like a wishful windfall, many of IR’s exquisite compositions came her way.

A brief look at Jency’s songs:

1978:

1. vaanathu poongkiLi- thiripurasundari-with SJ- IR
2. adipeNNE- muLLum malarum- IR
3. alankara ponoonjalE - sonnathu nee thaana-with MV- IR (only humming by Jency)
4. en uyir nee thaanE- priya-with KJY- IR
5. aada chonnarE- vattathukkuL sathuram- IR

1979:

6. thamthana namthana- pudhiya vaarppugaL-with B Vasantha- IR
7. idhayam pOguthE- pudhiya vaarppugaL- IR
8. thOttam koNda rasavE- pagalil Or iravu-with IR- IR
9. mayilE mayilE- kadavuL amaitha mEdai-with SPB-IR
10. geetha sangeetha- anbE sangeetha-with JC- IR
11. iru paRavaigaL - niRam maaRaatha pookaL- IR
12. aayiram malargaLE- niRam maaRatha pookaL-with MV& SPS- IR
13. gnyaan gnyaan paadanam- poonthaLir- IR
14. hey masthana- azhagE unnai aaradhikkiREn-with SPB,VJ,JC- IR
15. akka oru rajaathi- mugathil mugam paarkalaam-with JC- IR

1980:

16. meen kodi thEril- karumbuvil- IR
17. deiveega raagam- ullasa paRavaigaL- IR
18. theertha karaithanilE- thaippongal- IR
19. en vaanilE - johny- IR
20. naan unnai thirumba thirumba- ellaam un kairasi-IR
21. kaathaadu aasai koothaaduthu- karadi-with MC Balu- GA?

1981:

22. vaadi en kappakkizhangE- alaigaL Oivathillai-with GA,IR- IR
23. kaadhal Oviyam- alaigaL Oivathillai - with IR- IR
24. poo malarndhida -tik tik tik- with KJY- IR
25. paniyum naanE malarum neeyE - panimalar- with SPB- SG

1982:

26. en gaanam indRu arangERum- eera vizhi kaaviyangaL-with IR- IR
27. kalyaNam ennai mudikka - metti-with Rajesh,Radhika- IR
28. poothu nikkuthu kaadu- echchil iravugaL- with MV- IR
29. aaththOram kaathaada - engEyO kEtta kural- IR

There is a song 'poochoodi pottum vechu' from the unreleased film ponni, MD-GA.

Much has been said about Jency’s voice, and some more, about her pronunciation. But it is an undisputable fact that many of her songs were (or for that matter, still are) oft-listened favourites. And it is a fact too that she was immensely popular in her time. I remember the days when her songs were aired on listeners’ requests repeatedly. And many of thamizh chEvai iRaNdu listeners used to enquire eagerly about Jency, the person behind the voice. But Jency preferred to remain an elusive enigma, shying from publicity. I saw a picture of hers for the first time a year back in a magazine interview, where she spoke about her career, expressing her gratitude to IR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intro suttufied from Saravanan @ Dhool.com :ee: Thanks to his extensive writeup on Jency :sm03: . I can't imagine myself writing such a detailed intro :ahha:. Liked her voice in "En Vaanile", "Poo Malarndhida", "En Gaanam","Ayiram MAlargale".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is an interview she gave to Vikatan last November:
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2004/nov/14112004/av0209.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~
Does anyone know about a singer called B.S.Sasirekha :think: Often get her voice confused with one of Vani Jayaram's :Ksp:

My all time favourites :) meenkodi theril manmadha raajan oorvalam pogindraan.....yen vaanilee....enakku migavum piditha simpleaana paadagigalul muthanmaiyaanavar Jency....:)
shiv...

ns80
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate

she sang Kokkaragiri in CHocolate, Malai Malai was sung by some other singer named Rayanah :think: :think: never heard that name before :Ksp: :Ksp:
~~~~~~~~~~~

meenkodi theril manmadha raajan oorvalam pogindraan

was there a video for this version :think: have always seen the male version of the song (one which Sudhakar sings ).

thamizh
07-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Anuradha Sriram and Mathangi sang the Mala Mala song in Chocolate

she sang Kokkaragiri in CHocolate, Malai Malai was sung by some other singer named Rayanah :think: :think: never heard that name before :Ksp: :Ksp:

Whooops! :oops:
got it wrong ! Its Rehana... actually AR Rehana. AR Rahman's sister!
I got confused between Anuradha Sriram and AR Rehana cos they both sing all these dodgy kuthu songs most of the time. Jaarri .... :ee:

thamizh
07-13-2005, 11:40 PM

this same guy, got national award for the year 2004 which were anounsed today, for this song"ovvoru pookalume...." in the movie autograph..... :b: :yes: :b:

Pa. Vijay's song "Ovvoru Pookalume" has also been added to the syllabus by Madurai Kamaraj University University.

raghu
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
jency was a great..she left the film field to teach music in a govt school in kerela...i remember reading it some where...

krishng
07-19-2005, 01:24 PM
yaarukachum singer Ranjith pathi news edhachum kidaicha sollunga.. he sang a song in the movie pudhukotailirundhu saravanan (pudhu kaadhal). also many other songs..

cheers.

ns80
07-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Was searching for Ranjith and look who (http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/) I found blogging :ee:

krishng
07-23-2005, 07:33 PM
NS, indha blogla edho chinmayi pathi sollraangannu ninaicha.. vera ennavo talk poikittu irukku..

cheers.

thamizh
07-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Nice on NS. Its Chinmayi's blog site. Its good !
Her website (http://www.chinmayionline.com) too ! :b:

ns80
07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
krish, singer Chinmayi's full name is Chinmayi Sripada and that was her blog site.

krishng
07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
oh ok ok NS.. thanx for the info. enakku avaloda full name theriyaadhu. adhaan yedhonnu ninaichutten..

cheers.

krishng
07-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Here goes my next arimugam: Chitra Sivaraman

http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/fr/2004/01/02/images/2004010201401401.jpg

She is based in Bangalore, comes down to Chennai often to record for Tamil and Telugu films, travels to Kerala to anchor the weekly Sapta Swarangal on Asianet and sing for Malayalam movies and globe trots with her band for her music shows abroad.

CHITRA SIVARAMAN has loads of luck — in these days when talent is aplenty and being at the right place at the right time can make a whale of a difference, she has been able to manage things quite well. "That's the irony of the whole thing," says this charming singer. Chitra's face may not be too familiar, but her voice ought to be. "I live in Bangalore and that's a handicap.

Composers could think I am too far away from Chennai, to be bothered with. But one call, and I am here in a few hours ... " Still she did succeed in getting her first break in Tamil films from A. R. Rahman because she was at his studio at the opportune moment.

"Yes," she agrees. "I tried to meet Rahman through a friend, but the actual call from the composer's office came quite suddenly one evening. I was asked to come over with a demo cassette. Quickly I recorded a couple of ghazals and a few Malayalam and Tamil numbers at home and took them with me. I assumed that I would have to hand over the cassette to an assistant. But Rahman himself was there. He took my cassette inside to listen to it and soon his engineer came out and told me that I should return at 9 p.m. for the recording. I couldn't believe my luck. Overjoyed and absolutely tense I recorded my first Tamil film song, "Athini Pathini... " for "Tenali." It was a duet with Hariharan." What better opening could an aspiring singer ask for?

But it was a long time before she actually met Hariharan in person. "I met him at the studio where I was waiting to record for "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei." In Bermudas or Capri, whatever you call them, and with his hair tousled I first didn't recognise him. Then I went and introduced myself, and at once he said, `we have given a duet together haven't we? You did a good job... ' I was thrilled," Chitra recalls.

Chitra was in Chennai recently, to record a Telugu song for A. R. Rahman. Between "Tenali" and the recently released "Enakku 20 Unakku 18" and the yet-to-be released "Kangalal Kaidhu Sei," she has sung quite a few numbers for Rahman and also for Yuvan Shankar Raja, Karthik Raja, Vidyasagar, Deva, Bharadwaj and others.

The "Thozha Thozha ... " song Chitra sang for "Pandavar Bhoomi" was a major hit. But strangely she has not recorded for its composer Bharadwaj again. "As I told you, my not living in Chennai could be a reason," says Chitra. She has also sung for the Hindi film, "16 December."

Chitra's mother tongue is Tamil but she is proficient in all the languages of the South ("Only my Telugu is not all that good") and Hindi. And thankfully it includes the mother tongue. "My parents would insist that I speak and write Tamil properly, together with other languages," she says.

As Chitra Iyer, she is a known face to Asianet watchers — she is the anchor of the Malayalam channel's popular music show, ``Jeeva's Sapta Swarangal." Having done her education in Kerala, Chitra is very fluent in Malayalam. "Though there I am known more as a stage singer and TV person I've sung for Malayalam films also."

As Providence would have it, Chitra had gone to a studio to record a demo to be circulated among Malayalam film composers. And in the adjacent room was composer Bernie-Ignatius. He heard her sing and the next day he called her over for a song recording. She has sung four songs for Bernie since then and also for Suresh Peters and Balabhaskar, in Malayalam.

Chitra is excited about two recent Malayalam hits of hers. "Chundathu ... ", a duet with M. G. Sreekumar, in the Mammootty film, "Chronic Bachelor" that has music by Deepak Dev, and the "Ishta Mallada" song with singer Afzal, for "Swapnakoodu' — a very different kind of song composed by Mohan Sitara.

"Meera Jasmine, on whom the song was picturised, has done such a wonderful job that you would think that she's sung the song herself," says Chitra.

In Tamil, many of Chitra's numbers have been for Jyotika it appears. "I've noticed it too," she laughs.

Her Kannada number for the film "Kurigalu Saar Kurigalu" was composed by Hamsalekha.

In between her tight schedules, she travels all over the country and abroad — from Sri Lanka and the Gulf to Germany and the U.S. — crooning with her band. "And I also have a family to attend to," adds this happily-married singer. Husband Sivaraman shares her passion for music and encourages her in her pursuit, says this mother of two.

Source:hindu(02/01/2004)

krishng
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Here goes my next arimugam: Shalini Singh

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/images/shalini/shalini01.jpg

This playback singer has reached the centre-stage with several chart-busters to her credit in 2002 and 2003.

Among her hit songs are impressive peppy numbers like 'Yennai Konjam Maatri' in Kaakka Kaakka for music director Harris Jayaraj, 'Ichitha Ichitha' in Run for Vidyasagar, 'Vai Raja Vai' for Deva in Panchathanthiram, 'Gundu Ponnu' for Vidyasagar in Dhool, and 'Bulbul Tara' in Arasu for Mani Sharma.

That is a pretty good list for an upcoming artiste. All these songs have been on top of hit parades of every music and radio channel for weeks.

Shalini Singh is 21 years old.

She began her singing career at the tender age of three.

She participated in many musicals such as ‘Annie’, ‘Sound of Music’, ‘Joseph’s Coat of Technicolor’s’, ‘Cats’ etc…
She sang for several Ad’ films such as Nutrine, Parrys Biscuits, Milka, Fairever, H.M.T. Shreyas Watches, Kumaran Silks, Lalitha Jewellery, Reynolds, Idhayam Oil, Coffee Bite, Bar-One, Maggie, Ponds Dreamflower Talc, Saber Pens etc…the latest being Ponds, Cello Pens for Rajiv Menon productions.

She joined Magnasound when she was 12 years old and cut her first album at the age of 13, titled “ Shalini ”. It was a mix of 8 songs done in Tamil.

Besides her solo album, she has rendered her voice for around 25 albums in different languages.

A little later she came into playback singing and has sung for many movies like – Thulli Thirindha Kaalam, Velai, Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar, Kalyaana Gallattaa, Appu, I love you da, Run, Pallavan, Dhool, Nee Varum Padhaiyellaam, Kaalaatpadai, Panchathanthiram, Punnagai Poove, Kaadhal sadugudu, Kaadhal Kisu Kisu, Kaaka Kaaka, Pepsi, April Madhathil, Indru Mudhal, Thiruda Thirudi, Anbe Un Vasam, Paarai, Lollipop, Thithikudhey, Nizhal, Irandu peyar, Alai and other songs, in languages such as Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarathi etc.

She has also sung title songs for various serials like Choti Si Asha for Sony T.V., Premi directed by K.Balachander, Theinmozhi and other Tamil serials etc.

She is also a performer and has performed in places like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore and various parts of South India, including shows in Australia, Denmark, Germany, France, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Kuwait, etc with artistes like Hariharan, Shanker Mahadevan, S.P.Balasubramaniam, Unni Krishnan, Shaan, Sadhana Sargam, Udit Narayan, Whigfield, Lucky Ali, Sukhbir, S.Janaki, P.Susheela, Mano, Unni Menon, Srinivas, Sukhwinder etc.

Awards:

She received her first Award from the Rotary Club called the Youth Merit Award followed by an award given by the Cinema Kalai Mandram for the ‘Best Singer’ of 1997.

Again she received an Award for ‘Special Playback Singer’ category by the Lions Club of Chennai.

The next Award was from Matchmakers as the ‘Best Singer for 2002’.

She received another award from the Karnataka State Government as the ‘Best Female Singer’ in Kannada.

Recognising her talent in singing, she was offered a lead role as a singer in the serial ‘Oonjal’ by no less a director than K.Balachander.It also included many other singers such as S.P.B.Charan and Mano which turned out to be a great success. She was also awarded the ‘Best New Face’ Award for this serial.

She also acted in the film ‘Pop-Corn’ directed by Naazar who is a renowned actor in the south. This subject also deals with music and the main star cast includes big time artistes like Simran, Mohanlal and Vivek etc.

Her training

She was trained in western classical music for 11 years. She is at present learning the piano for her sixth grade as well as 'Theory of Music' for her fourth grade from the “Trinity College of Music”, London. She learnt carnatic music for 2 years and is now undergoing training in hindustani music for the past 6 years.

Academics

Besides her singing, she is at present doing her second year M.A. in English Literature.

Recent developments

She has been nominated for ‘The Best Upcoming Singer’ category in the International Tamil Film Awards that is to take place in Malaysia for the year 2002.

Hit songs of Shalini:

S.No Film Music Director Name of song
1 Panchathanthiram Deva Vai raja vai
2 Raajiyam Bharadwaj Thottuka Da
3 Run Vidyasagar Ichitha Ichitha
4 Irandu Peyar Sunil Verma Ho Romeo
5 Anbu Thollai Soundaryan Muthu Malai
6 Oru Neram Soundaryan Yen Kannil Nee Than
7 Nee Kidaithal Pothum Manoj Bhatnagar Pthikichi Da
8 Kaalatpadai Bharadwaj Title song
9 Kaalatpadai Bharadwaj Idly
10 Dhool Vidyasagar Gundu Ponnu
11 Pop Carn Yuvan Azhagana Soozhal
12 April Mathathil Yuvan Kanavugal Pookkum
13 Pallavan Vidyasagar Ice Malai Katrey
14 Yendrum Unnai Bharadwaj Solli Theriyadhu
15 Punnagai Poove Yuvan Jogging seyyum
16 Punnagai Poove Yuvan Nee theendamal
17 Indran Krishna Teja Aiyaiyo
18 Speed Dancer Krishna Teja Sonali
19 Kaakka Kaakka Harris Jayaraj Yennai Konjam Maatri
20 Arasu Mani Sharma Bulbul Tara
21 Nee Varum Pathai Bharadwaj Kaadhal Mayuri
22 Madurai Jilla S A Rajkumar Muthu Muthalagu
23 Kadhal Kisu Kisu Vidyasagar Kabadi Kabadi
24 Indru Mudhal Deva Eureka
25 Indru Mudhal Deva Oru Aasai Vandha
26 Lollipop Yuvajith Pothum Yendru
27 Pepsi Harris Kanavugal Periya
28 Kurumbu Yuvan Kinginey Minginey
29 Kaadhal Sadugudu Vidyasagar Mama
30 Thiruda Thirudi Dhina Unnai Paartha Pinbu
31 Paarai Sabesh/Murali Kannukkul Tic Tic
32 Kaadhal.com Bharadwaj Satham Indri
33 Anbe Un Vaasam Dhina Inguthan
34 Nizhal Vimal Raj Theepori
35 Aha Ethanai Azhagu Vidyasagar Kadhu Pathikichi
36 Kolagalam Bharadwaj I like you
37 Appadi Ya Bhavadharini Kannukkul Neeye
38 Thulli Thirindha Kalam Ganesh Kumar Deewana Deewana
39 Velai Yuvan Kanni Ponnu
40 Kalyanam Galatta Yuvan Madonna Michael Jackson
41 Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar Karthik Raja Ailasa Ailasa
42 Appu Deva Idam Tharuvaaya
43 I Love You Da Bharadwaj Autograph
44 I Love You Da Bharadwaj Title song
45 Anbe Un Vaasam Bharadwaj Yenga Poraa
46 Ishwaran Vidyasagar Kottabomman
47 Alai Vidyasagar Solli Kaattu

krishng
07-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Here goes my next arimugam: Mirchi Suchithra

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/images/suchitra/suchitra.jpg

This young Radio Jockey has captured the imagination of the people of Chennai in a short time.

When Radio Mirchi's FM station was launched a few months ago, it very much started as an underdog, faced as it was with the intense competition from television major Sun TV's Radio Suryan.

However, vivacious and enterprising RJs like Suchitra, known affectionately as Suchi, took the staid city by storm with some lively and innovative forms of radio anchoring. Within a few weeks, Suchi and Sujatha became household names in Chennai, thanks to their sparkling wit, spontaneity and intelligent conversation with fans across the city.
shaadi.com

Basically, she works as an RJ with Radio Mirchi, where she hosts the breakfast show called 'Hello Chennai'. The show is from Monday to Saturday, 7 to 11 a.m., Live. The show deals with city happenings, national/international newsworthy snippets, sports, business, and it comes to Chennaivasis in a fun-format, easy-to-digest style.

However, that is only one side of her. Suchi, having become an instant hit, with the youth in particular, film producers and music directors are keen to make use of her multi-faceted talents.

Thus, she has now started singing for films.

Suchi has sung in Laysa Laysa (Ennai Polave - a duet with Chitra), Kaakha Kaakha (Uyirin Uyire - another hit duet with KK), Punnagai Poove (Venus Venus Pennae - a duet with Devan) and has now sung her first solo for Jay Jay, the much-hyped Reema-Sen number on the crowded Vishakapatnam railway station platform!

Incidentally, she has also done a cameo as Radio Mirchi RJ Suchitra in the same film. She enjoys writing, having contributed articles to The Hindu and Economic Times for a while now. She won this year's Commonwealth Broadcasting Association's highly commended International Award in short-story writing which has helped renew her commitment to write for children.

krishng
07-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Here goes my next arimugam: Srinivas

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/images/srinivas/srinivas01.jpg

"If you can imagine it, You can achieve it. If you can dream it, You can become it."
-William Arthur Ward

If the above quote can be used to describe a person, it can best be attributed to playback singer Srinivas. Filled with dreams of becoming a singer and trained in Carnatic music, the greatest influences on his life were Kishore Kumar, R D Burman, Illayaraja, Pakistani ghazal singer Mehdi Hasan, S D Burman and M S Viswanathan.

His aspiration to become a singer, however, took a long time to bear fruit and he instead became a chemical engineer. Having specialised in textile dyeing, he worked for 10 years before his passion for music got the better of him. In those 10 years, he moved up in his career, shifted to Coimbatore and got married. He approached music maestro Illayaraja, the numero uno in Tamil filmdom in the 80s, who offered him an opportunity. But there too, luck was against Srinivas as a severe throat infection left him with no choice but to decline the offer.

The first chance that came his way was from Mahesh, the music director of ‘Nammavar’. The song ‘Sorgam enbathu namakku’ was a runaway hit and Srinivasan’s career was successfully launched. But his actual break came through A R Rahman, who had taken the film industry by storm with ‘Roja’.

Srinivas had by then moved to Chennai and been singing jingles and tracks. Then came ‘Oo...la la la’ (Minsara Kanavu) and the lively number had people taking note of the new singer. With ‘En Uyire…’ (in Mani Ratnam’s ‘Uyire’), Srinivas was catapulted to fame. So much so that he became known as ‘Uyire’ Srinivas. And since then, there has been no looking back for this talented singer.

Srinivas has sung in Tamil and Malayalam for leading music directors like Illayaraja, Deva, Rahman and Vidyasagar. He made a foray into music direction too - he was one of the five music directors of the Tamil film ‘Ae Nee Romba Azhaga Irukke’. His composition ‘Ini naanum naanillai’ in that film was a major hit. Among his famous albums are ‘Ussele Ussele’ and ‘Paarvai’.

A few hit songs of Srinivas
Song Film
Minsaara Poovae... Padayappa
Apple Pennae Nee Yaaro... Rojakkoottam
Tarampam Tarampam... Jodi
Ulundhu Vedhaikayile... Mudhalvan
Kaiyil Midhakkum Kanava Nee... Rakshagan
Sotta Sotta Nanaiyuthu... Tajmahal
Kaadhal Enbadhu Udhadugal... Badri
Ilaiya Nadhi Pudhiya Nadhi... Manasellam
Anbe Sugama... Paarthaalae Paravasam
Ini Naanum Naanillai... Hey Nee Romba Azhaga Irukkae
Porkalam Ingae... Tenali
Ooh La La La... Minsaara Kanavu
En Uyirae... Uyirae
Maha Ganapathy... Amarkalam
Snehithanae... Alai Paayudhae
Endrendrum Punnagai... Alai Payudhae
Aaha Eththanai Azaghu... Aaha Eththanai Azaghu

raghu
08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
srinivas is one of my favorite

edinburghking
09-01-2005, 06:49 PM
really appriciation for all your work !

krishng
09-07-2005, 10:52 AM
raghu, srinivas voice romba nalla irukkum. but eno romba hit agala..its pity. particularly poovukellam siragu molaithadhunnu oru Ajith pada song. its wonderful.

cheers.

Idiot
09-07-2005, 12:40 PM
mirchi suchi voice juperaaaaaaaaaa irukkumm.

may madha 98il major anaenae..

krishng
09-07-2005, 05:25 PM

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: iig, nee femalea? naan malennu ninaichen :think:

cheers.

anitam
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
iig, nee femalea? naan malennu ninaichen

:sm12: :sm12: :sm12: :sm12:

Now I too have the same doubt.

krishng
09-08-2005, 09:33 AM
anitam, devyaniig varathukulla namma escape ayidalaam.. illana oru galtta nadakum inga..

cheers.

Idiot
09-10-2005, 02:24 PM

:Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: :Ksp: iig, nee femalea? naan malennu ninaichen :think:

cheers.

ithu ungalukkuae.. overaaaaaaaaaaaaaa theriyala.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :nono:

anitam neenga vera krishukku supportaaaaaaaa..

suchiya adhavadhu suchi voice pidikum sonnadhukku enakku eppadi oru priceaaaaaaaa..

irunga krish ungalukku vedi vaikaraen.. :think:

krishng
09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
irunga krish ungalukku vedi vaikaraen.. :think:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers.

Idiot
09-11-2005, 07:31 PM
enna sirikareeenga.. ungalala parunga damage ayiduvaen pola irukku.. :evil:

anitam
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
enna sirikareeenga.. ungalala parunga damage ayiduvaen pola irukku.. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Already ayachu... :D

Idiot
09-11-2005, 08:12 PM
aha neenga vera join ayiteengala.......... :(

krishng
09-12-2005, 09:41 AM
inimey parkaravanga ellam iigye devyaniignnu koopitta adhan success..

cheers.

Idiot
09-12-2005, 01:18 PM
asa theendichaa ungalukku..

ada evalo nalla manasuda.. sami.. :evil: