PDA

View Full Version : Playlists for Old Movie Music, Carnatic Music..

sangeetham
07-13-2005, 04:03 AM
I cannot thank enough the folks responsible for the Carnatic Radio and now the Old Tamil movie gems - been at it all day long. Old Gems is playing some stuff I have never heard - any possibility of getting the complete info - movie, singer etc? I do not know about movie music, and I would really like to get some music when I go to India. Just a moment back there was Athi Madhuraa, then Isai Paadum Thenral, followed by Thenralodi - idhyathhta kavvum kavidai, mettu - I depearately need help. May be some one will have some pity on this ignoramus..

Many thanks, again,

Bhuvana

coolian
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey Bhuvana, you might want to pm Tinker - I think he was playing the carnatic and old songs, so he should know.

sangeetham
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Coolian, I already PMed Tinker, and apparently he was not responsible for the Old Movie Gems (OMG). Bala, Dinesh, Shy and Vasan - you were suggested as possible sources of that OMG radio - any chance you could upload them as torrents? Or, at least give info so I can get them? There were songs by Kudambai Siddhar - I did not know that Siddhar songs had been used in movies, by MKT and by scores of others that I never recognised. Please educate a fellow member. Many, many thanks,

bhuvana

vasan
07-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Bhuvana,

If its up there on the server, we should be able to get it.. :)

Dinesh or Shy might know better (on how to download the songs), or I will ask Bala and see what can be done.

Hopefully soon. :oops: :oops:

Vasan

Shy
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi Bhuvana,

Sure it can be downloaded. Will talk with bala and try to put it as a torrent :b:

Shy

vasan
07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Might be a bunch of small files - not running more than 50/60 mb teacher.. may be a direct download.. :b: (Actually from the server even torrent may work like that, since there may be not many other seeders.. :P :P)..

v- :D

sangeetham
07-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Shy, Vasan and others:

Mikka Nandri - don't much about movie music, but I do love those old songs. You folks have made my day!!!!!!

BTW, Tinker, whom I had PMed for help said that he is trying to play more CM, but is unsuccessful - I get the message that RM Player is "unable to establish a connection with the server - http://www.geetham.net:8010". Thought I would let you know in case you were not aware of it. Thanks,

Bhuvana

vasan
07-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Bhuvana,

Yep. One of the streams is dead.. :( :(

Only Bala can fix it though. :D

v- :D

sangeetham
07-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, Tinker was back later -so it did get fixed.

Any news re: the upload of those old movie songs? Thanks,

Bhuvana

SUBBUMA
04-13-2006, 10:31 AM
ஸூPஏற்

johnlan
10-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Hi all,
Am RamPrasath adn am new to this site.. I want to download carnatic songs,can anyon help me out.. I had glimpse over the forums and other things here and everybody is talking abt torrents and i tried my best to get in,but cant able to.. Can anyone help me out inthis... Thanks in advance..

Takecare,
byeee