PDA

View Full Version : No age limit for getting an education - Jeppiaar

krishng
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.hindu.com/2005/07/14/images/2005071415200301.jpg

Education is only 25 per cent of your life. Doing well is important but your role in society and as an Indian citizen is more important, said Jeppiaar, chancellor of Sathyabhama Deemed University.

He was speaking to nearly 1,900 students who attended Propel, a workshop conducted by The Hindu Education Plus and AIMS Education.

Mr. Jeppiaar told the standard XI and XII students that one of the things they would experience at every stage of their education was the need for discipline. "Once you finish school, you think you are a free bird. But college is a temple of education," he said.

Students should not allow themselves to be distracted till they were through with their education and that there was no age limit for getting an education, he said.

He himself had dropped out of school after class XI. He said he later got himself a law degree and is currently a student at Anna University along with his grandson.

The other speakers at the function included AIMS Education director Gita Prabhu, K.N. Ramachandran, chairman of Sakthi Mariamman Engineering College, P.V. Navaneethakrishnan, consultant at AIMS and M.R. Shivakumar, chief circulation manager of The Hindu . They all stressed that education should not be an end in itself but a signpost in life.

Too strenuous

The idea behind the workshop, said Ms. Prabhu, was to demonstrate through a series of simple experiments how learning maths, physics and chemistry could be fun. "I personally feel education has become too strenuous. My son and everyone in my family enjoyed life. Parents need to realise that children lose out on extra-curricular activities these days."

She said an IIT professor had told her that even though they had brilliant students for the past few years at IIT, creativity had suffered due to the stress on academics.

Students from 185 schools participated in the two-day workshop. On Thursday, the second day of the workshop, standard IX and X students would take part.

They were chosen on the basis of a test conducted among 22,000 students in February this year. The participants will also be instructed on soft skills such as overcoming test anxiety, time management, study skills development, memory enhancement techniques and overcoming stress. The sponsors for the event are Reynolds, Sakthi Mariamman Engineering College, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Air Hostess Academy and Sabol.

Source: Hindu

silican
07-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Mr. Jeppiaar told the standard XI and XII students that one of the things they would experience at every stage of their education was the need for discipline. "Once you finish school, you think you are a free bird. But college is a temple of education," he said.

Avaroda actual dialog: "You comBlete 11th Standard 12th Standard High school, you tell "Im free Bard (bird) . But Not. kollage is a demple of ejjukation. Kollage students like enjoymend. I goto mounD Road, three boys on one bike going to cinema. distraction during kollage life lots of arrear papers. No age limit for education. You become 50 60 years still a studend."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :sm12: Cant imagine how the people in that auditorium wd have enjoyed. :sm12:

- Silix

che
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
he is one of the big fraud in tamil nadu. :ee:

rsivaraman
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Avaroda actual dialog: "You comBlete 11th Standard 12th Standard High school, you tell "Im free Bard (bird) . But Not. kollage is a demple of ejjukation. Kollage students like enjoymend. I goto mounD Road, three boys on one bike going to cinema. distraction during kollage life lots of arrear papers. No age limit for education. You become 50 60 years still a studend."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when I think of jeppiar.. all i can think of is this one liner..

"nobody spoil sathyabama soil" :ee: :ee:

-Siva

goodcomplanboy
07-14-2005, 04:14 PM
nobody spoil sathyabama soil

இது நல்லா இருக்கே :sm12: :sm12:

krishng
07-14-2005, 04:28 PM
there r lots of dialogues like that.. Silix neenga eduthu vudunga..

definitea ellorum enjoy senchurupaanga.. once i remember when SPB was in the collegeday function, there in the function JPR spoke in stage in his own style. For that SPB said, namakku onnu varalanna kooda adha try pannanum. adhukku oru example unga chairmannu sonnaru.. seriyaana comedya irundhuchu..

cheers.

katteri
07-14-2005, 04:29 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :sm12: Cant imagine how the people in that auditorium wd have enjoyed. :sm12:

- Silix

Mike koduthaa isthathukkum ulaaruvangaa polaaa.....Silix Anubhavama jeppira urai kettu#

krishng
07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
katz, andha collegela padicha ellorukkum JPR peseraarna orey jallya irukum. andha naalu varushathula avar pesara naal mattum dhaan oresy gujalsa irukkum.

cheers.

silican
07-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Mike koduthaa isthathukkum ulaaruvangaa polaaa.....Silix Anubhavama jeppira urai kettu#

College Day, Hostel day'la maththa program ellam vida ivar pesradha kekkaradhukku dhan aarvama ukkandhiruppanga pasanga :sm12: ippdi varikku vari comedy pannumbodhu pasanga sema gushiyagi kai thattikitte iruppanga. Avar kai thattal kettadhum innum Gushiya pesuvaaru :lol:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
07-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Hostel day'la maththa program ellam vida ivar pesradha kekkaradhukku dhan aarvama ukkandhiruppanga pasanga ippdi varikku vari comedy pannumbodhu pasanga sema gushiyagi kai thattikitte iruppanga. Avar kai thattal kettadhum innum Gushiya pesuvaaru

matter puriyaama appreciate panraanganu nenachu pottu thaakuvaar pole irukku :sm12: never heard him speak. Avaroda audio clipping ethaachum iruntha post pannungalen Silix :razz:

silican
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
matter puriyaama appreciate panraanganu nenachu pottu thaakuvaar pole irukku :sm12: never heard him speak. Avaroda audio clipping ethaachum iruntha post pannungalen Silix Razz

Indha comedy kooda parava illai. Oru dhadavai AICTE president aanappo avarukku paarattu vizha Raja Annamalai mandram'la. Hostel pasangala ellam kootitttu ponanga. andha function'ku appodhaiya kalvi amaichchar anbazhgan dhan thalaimai. Andha meeting'la Jeppiaar thamizh'la dhan pesinaaru (neraya ministers vandhirundhaangannu) pasanga ellam "we want english we want english"nu sema saththam pottom.

Anbazhagan udane "maanavargaLil palar thamizh mozhi theriyadhavargaL enbadhaal aangilaththileye peesavum"nu sonna vodane namma thalai English'la aarambichcharu. Ore claps aduththa arai mani nerathukku. :sm12: :sm12:

Idhu madhiri function'la innoru comedy irukku. Naanga ellam attagasama enjoy pannuvom. Stage'la ukkandhirukkavangalukku sirippa adakkittu okkaradhu dhan sema kashtama irukkum. :lol: :lol:

- Silix

goodcomplanboy
07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
ada paavigala oru manushana intha otta ottuveenga :sm12: I definitely have to hear his speech. Silix neenga thaan yerpaadu seyyanum :b:

rsivaraman
07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
ramadossuku ivvara parthu thaan ennavoo.. thamizh mella bayangar pattru vanndhudichu :D :D

-Siva

shivadev
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
he is one of the big fraud in tamil nadu. :ee: :nono: thappu thappa pesathee....yaraiyum appadi solla koodathu, evlo perukku padipu koduthu irukkaar avar???? :b:

bharanishan
07-14-2005, 06:35 PM
he is one of the big fraud in tamil nadu. :ee: :nono: thappu thappa pesathee....yaraiyum appadi solla koodathu, evlo perukku padipu koduthu irukkaar avar???? :b:

Shivadev...neenga comdey-a solureengala ...illa seriousa sollureengala.....

Enakku therincha varaikum Che solurathula thappae illa

Shy
07-14-2005, 08:00 PM
I guess shiva is just making fun...

shy