Hey Guys n Gals

For those of you who use Linux OS, here is a really cool media player

XINE

http://xinehq.de/index.php/patents
http://xinehq.de/index.php/

For downloading

http://linux.tucows.com/preview/161269.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine/

U can get the basic player plus all the associated files too.... Check out wat U mite need from the xinehq site...

This is a really cool player, that can play avi / wmv / asx / mpeg / quicktime / realmedia and so on.... apart from this, it can also play VCD / DVD too..... This is damn good.... Considering that u dun need to go in search of or keep opening different players for different media formats... All in one, and u can have fun in peace....

SOME OF THE FILES THAT U MITE NEED .....

xine-ui-0.9.22cvs-030911.i586.rpm
w32codec-0.52-1.i386.rpm
libdvdcss-1.2.6-2.network.i386.rpm
libxine1-1_cvs-030912.i686.rpm
curl-7.10.3-1.i386.rpm
libdvdnav-0.1.9.tar.gz
libdvdread-0.9.4-ogle1.i386.rpm

All this files U can find in one of the site mentioned above... Best bet wud be to visit the xinehq site and go thru the pages, which detail wat u need, with a link to the associated file for downloading... Just install all this files together....

For example....

rpm -i libdvdcss* libdvdnav* .......

If u get some dependency errors, just do

rpm -i -nodeps <file name>

Have fun People...... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

arumugam57
09-30-2003, 09:14 AM
If u get some dependency errors, just do

rpm -i -nodeps <file name>

Here only I am getting doubt. Won't you thing installing some thing which are having dependancy mismatching will spoil your kernel?. I think some times kernel will hang too. ( Linux kernel will never hang : That is the beauty of linux). You explanation please.

sweetie
09-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Nope... it will not hang.... That is the reason u have the < -nodeps > option... if ur kernel is going to get screwed up, then it wont be there I guess....

As some of u might be aware, the software and files are being updated constantly... but ur Linux OS that U install will be the same.... So some of the libraries that are needed for the updated files, might not be found in your version of Linux... So is the nodeps function....

As far as I have seen in my comp, (I still use an RHL 7.3 on an i686 machine), using the nodeps function is okie unless otherwise the software is really finicky... I have installed some components using the nodeps function and till now I have never seen my comp behaving badly...

arumugam57
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Sweetie.. Just update to RedHat Linux 9.0 . It is realy realy.. very very very very excellent...You will get all ISO images in Red Hat site itself. Recently I moved to RHL9.0 from RHL8.0.
It is totally amazing man.

Upgrading won't take much time. Do you know how to upgrade right?
If not there is a manual in Red hat site. With lot of diagrams. You can understand it easily. Ask me for any doubts..

Cheers..

sweetie
10-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah Yeah 6FACE .... :-))

I know RHL 9... saw it on the day it was released... Though I am not in a moon to upgrade my current comp now... But I will be using that on my Lappy.... :)

And for people who are planning to install n start using Linux, Get RedHat Linux 9.0 People..... its really nice !!!

kasthuri
10-01-2003, 07:38 AM
hello who is that? I tried with linux to hear music. Volume is very very less. What can I do? don't tell i don't know anything in linux. I increased the volume level to maximum and still i could not hear the songs.

sweetie
10-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Check up ur *aumix* settings.... it is the Audio Mixer device for Linux....

U can open it from the main menu > multimedia > audio mixer

U can find it in the last few tabs...

And once u open it, set the individual settings... In ur case increase the volume...

And also check up the pcm / spkr settings.....

And also if U r using xmms for playing the songs, increase the volume in xmms... and see that u not muted the volume newhere...

Else see if u have plugged in ur vol wire properly behind the CPU... or if u r using a CDROM, check up the CDROM volume knob...

IF NONE OF THESE WORK, Then have your ear checked up with a doc....
:ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha: :ahha:

JUS KIDDING...... Please get back to us with wat happened ..... Feedbacks are important in learning more.... :)

sweetie
10-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Or instead of opening from the menu, u can also just type

aumix

at the command prompt....